Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Stay was very helpful and the bed comfy!

I enjoyed my stay here. It wasn't loud, the staff were super helpful and rooms were clean. Only thing I disliked were the stairs. My room was on the fourth level and there is a level you have to go through before you even get to the first. And the kitchen is in the basement so trecking six flights of stairs was pretty rough but I suppose good exercise.

• 19th Jun 2015

very nice staff, decent location (there are bus and train stops practically everywhere so no location is horrible). only complaint was that in our 10 bed room there was only one area in the room where there were outlets for charging and the bathroom floor was usually wet for the entire day after people showered and it made it a little uncomfortable to sit in water when using the toilet. overall would reccommend!!

Hi! Thanks for the review! So pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Please note that we are currently in the process of having individual lights and power sockets for each bed! They should be ready for your next visit! Our rooms are serviced everyday however if you ever need additional cleaning services please let us know at reception. We'll fix the issue asap! See you next time in London! Lots of Love, Astor HP xo

I had a really nice stay at astor hyde park. It's in such a beautiful location and I liked the breakfast in the morning. THey had a lot of information about pub crawls and free tours you can do. I did one of the tours through undiscovered and it was excellent. I just wish they had a bar attached to the hostel. It's a little bit easier to meet people when you are in a more social setting like that. Also I wish the outlets weren't in one spot. but overall I thoight it was a great hostel!

• 16th Jun 2015

Loved the place, one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at. The location is easy to find and a lovely part of london, and the building and rooms are beautiful.

10/10 would definitely stay again

Safety, location, and staff are all really great! I'm not sure how good it is for meeting people but it's a good place for an affordable stay.

• 15th Jun 2015

I loved staying here. The stairs are a killer but for the location and cost it was amazing.

• 14th Jun 2015

Excellent place to stay. Staff were super helpful and polite and friendly throughout my time there. The atmosphere was wonderful with the staff and the other guests. The shared spaces were vibrant and everyone seemed totally open to meeting new folks. Thanks team!

• 14th Jun 2015

It was a bit complicated to arrive, because the numeration is not clear at all

Great hostel with amazing staff!!

• 13th Jun 2015

It seemed more like a home than hostel. I loved the late night Netflix marathons, and everyone was just so incredibly nice and helpful!

The only frustrating thing was a noisy group that stayed in my dorm. Everything else way great!

• 12th Jun 2015

Well located and nice environment! I have stayed many hostel through Europe and this is one of the coolest, helpful stuff, good location and chilled atmosphere.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • mtrc
  • Turkey

Extremely nice staff with great attitude! Nice environment for meeting new friends is you are open-minded! Everything is really cool in this hostel! It takes a bit long time from the Gloucester Road tube station but it only take a few minutes from the bus line no. 9 (which is within 5 minutes)

Recpetion was not very helpful

• 10th Jun 2015

Overall a good hostel, nothing amazing to write about, but nothing bad to write about. Common room was nice and the staff at the front counter were super helpful. Good facilities all around. One thing I wasnt impressed with baggage storage; It was downstairs and they buzzed you in, no one was there to supervise it. I could have taken anyones bags or gone into anyones bags while I was there. Not very secure at all. In a beautiful area, but a little bit of a walk from the tube at night ladies.

• 10th Jun 2015

Very nice place. Old building, well maintained. Friendly staff. Well connected to public transport. Silent environment except the fan's in the bathroom.

Great staff and wonderful location! However they need to make some improvements in the dorms. The cage storage lockers are really inconvenient and frustrating. They're so noisy at night, it's also easy to jam your fingers and it's hard to open and close them when someone is sleeping on the lower bunk because they weigh down the bar. Also, the unintuitive location of the bathroom light switch meant people kept switching on the dorm light by accident. Individual bed lights would also be good.

loved everything! The staff was very friendly.

• 8th Jun 2015