Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Most amazing hostel I have ever stayed at! Everything about Astor Hyde Park was great! I would gladly recommand this hostel to anyone. Fantastic location, great staff, amazingly clean!

• 29th Oct 2013

2nd time I've stayed here... Lovely staff, good location, bit of a small room, was quite difficult to comfortably unpack or even open suitcase.... Nice room mates this time round :) Bathrooms could be a little more maintained , good Wifi in sitting room... clean sheets ... and I saw the communal area being cleaned so am happy!

Spiders on the bed.

Probably the best hostel I've ever been! Great location and room, bathroom perfectly clean at all times. Nice and helpful staff. Definitely a place to return if needed!

• 28th Oct 2013
  • Portugal

The mattress in our room was probably the cheapest that could have been found. Unfortunately we felt every single spring and when someone was moving while sleeping, the springs were not overhearable. Appart from the mattress, the room was very clean and worth the money.

• 27th Oct 2013

The atmosphere was very friendly thanks to the staff and they are here for any questions you have. The building is really beautiful but no lift...I had 2 enormous bags and my back is still very angry at me... The rooms are fine. Most of them are ensuite. If not you have a bathroom in the corridor PER room so quite good. Nice common room with couches and tv. Breakfast very basic though and wifi very slow. Not a "party hostel" (good for me as I'm working and was just here before moving in a flat)

3 nights at a good safe location, not the cheapest or hippest, but at least the sheets were clean

• 27th Oct 2013

Home atmosphere and very fun to stay with, although walls are made of paper :)

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Croatia

It almost feels like home. I recommend.

Great experience! I have nothing to reclaim

• 24th Oct 2013

Excellent everything but could improve internet connection

It was a good experience. It is not so close to the underground, but it is not so far away. The staff is really nice. My english is not so good and they were really attentive, speaking slow and clear. A bad side is that they do not have a plug to recharge your cellphone in your bed.

Very good hostel, excellent staff...I would go back!! :)

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Croatia

Its a nice hostel in a good part of town. It has a large downstairs communal area where the wifi is the solid. I had a little difficulty connecting to the wifi in my room but oh well. Enjoy

Pros: Really clean, nice building and facilities. Free breakfast (but very simple-- bread and cereal). Many things like lockers, hair dryers, and outlet converters are available for free (you just need to pay a deposit which you will get back in full when you return the item). Great location, in a safe, beautiful neighborhood. Close to the Picadilly line. Cons: Wish there was a younger feel...there is no bar and the common room is very quiet. Lots of stairs and no elevators!

I was actually surprised at finding a central inexpensive and CLEAN accommodation in London, doesn't happen very often!

Had difficultly finding the location as the numbering on the street is odd. When arrived had to walk up five flights with heavy luggage and the swipe card did not work. When I told the clerk his response was rude and tried to blame me for not being able to use the card. "Included breakfast" was just cereal, not even any juice. The tables were extremely sticky. Not all top bunks had railings! Almost fell out of the bed one night. A hostel much more friendly to partying types, not other travellers

Nice hostel on a good neighborhood. Not for a longer stay; a few nights was ok. My arrival to Astor Hyde Park wasn't the nicest. Dude at the reception was pretty rude and didn't tell me anything about the facilities: where's the kitchen and what's the wifi password etc. I was so exhausted at the time that I didn't even ask. Also, I came with a big luggage and the dorm was on 3rd floor - many, many stairs to climb. Could've maybe used the help if I had known it was so high up.

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Finland

A great hostel to stay at, great kitchen facilities and dining room! Very good location with easy access to buses and trains. Only negative is no lift and climbing up 6 floors of stairs isn't ideal all the time

Terrible. Dodgy. Sketchy - take your pick. Ignore the positive reviews for this hostel left by numerous oblivious customers. I thought I was an unlucky minority to have my iPhone and iPad disappear while staying here. After many conversations it turns out its a common occurrence. Staff were less than helpful, security to assist was pathetic and obviously fingers can't be pointed but this victim has more than enough reason to believe it was someone on the payroll. Simply: avoid here.