Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Very nice hostel in a great location - one of the best that I've had the privilege of staying in. Friendly staff who are helpful in the face of uncertain travel plans. The one improvement I would suggest is that they monitor the inside of the lock rooms more closely. The reception remotely unlocks the rooms and can see people's faces as the door is unlocked, but I did not notice cameras inside the rooms, so once inside, anything can happen.

Was a lovely stay. You feel pretty spoilt being in the most gorgeous suburb in London close to parks and museums. The staff were super helpful too.

We hope you get to walk down the beautiful boulevard back to our hostel door some day soon! Have a great time in your next destination! The team at AHP!

Good hostel with clean and safe rooms. The breakfast is well appreciated. Located a bit far from the main center, but next to an underground station.

Beautiful location but the staff are a bunch of 'kids' who get drunk every other day and serve breakfast late with long faces.

Would stay there again - Hostel was superb. The only two negatives that I had were the bathroom in the one big dorm room did not have a working fan in the room and the hostel is a little bit of a hike to the metro (the blocks in the area are huge). However, this hostel was awesome, first time I had stayed in a hostel and it was a great experience. The breakfast was good with fresh bread every morning. Common room was also nice. Also this is right around all the embassies a block from Hyde Park.

Not the most exciting hostel I've stayed at, very chill atmosphere.

• 1st Sep 2014

Lovely place. Good location and very nice staff. The breakfast is not so good, but the place is very well located. Is not a real party place, but you can walk around and find some nice pubs.

Astor Hyde Park was my first time staying at a hostel and all measurable exceeded expectations. The staff were extremely friendly and I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who needs a cheap place in Kensington. Glad I made the decision to come here.

• 1st Sep 2014

i really liked this hostel. well actually I'm only booking at astor hostels hahah! Breakfast was good and stuff was really helpful and friendly. gonna be there again soon!

I absolutely enjoyed staying here! This was my first hostel experience! I was a bit nervous at first but the staff made me feel extremely welcome & safe. I met many amazing people and would hands down recommend this hostel to others!

• 30th Aug 2014

It's too low, the height of the first bed. The other thing, i'm very satisfied. :)

• 29th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

My brother and I stayed here for one night before flying home, great staff and hostel. Maybe a little expensive and far away from the tube.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

After my other unfortunate hostel experience in London, I was braced for another bad experience. Luckily, this place was much nicer. Even in a 12 bed room, I felt like there was enough space and comfort for everyone. This hostel was pretty quiet, which I appreciated. Staff was nice. The common area was nice. I didn't bother to try to breakfast, as it looked really lackluster, but that's okay. I loved being close to the park. Overall, I would recommend this hostel.

The staff was pleasent and the stay was nice. Breakfast was just cereal and roles, not too bad for us. Neighborhood was quite and there were a couple of good pubs down the street. Lockers under the ness were nice. Location a little far from the action, but very doable. I might would stay again if I wanted a quite place.

Nice and clean hostel in a beautiful building excellently located. I've only came there for one night so didn't spend therre much time but general impression quite good:)

Although it is London, the hostel is very expensive for what they offer. Cleanliness of the room and the facilities may be better, I stayed in backpackers hostels in Asia that were incredibly clean, even looking more to a hotel than to a hostel. There are holes in some ceiling that need to be repaired. Staff was great. They may remove the under 35 years old rule. I met over 40y backpackers in my trips that had younger spirit than some guests I met in the hostel...

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Really great location. Clean facilities with a really cozy lounge that makes you feel at home! The staff was really kind and helpful! It's bookmarked for a future trip to London.

• 24th Aug 2014

Great place to stay a few days in London! The major selling point is the location - in the heart of London, all the classic places to visit are easily accessible, even on foot if you like exploring cities this way (my personal preference).

it was my first time when i booked the hostel. I was litlle bit confused in the beginning,because I thought it will be unsafe and inconvenient place,because you are not alone in the room. But i was so impressed that everything was fine and I did't have even one small problem. The room was regularly cleaned. The breakfast was plain, but for lady it was more than enough.May be if I were guy I will buy smth and cook myslef in the morning. The area of the hostel is amazing.

• 22nd Aug 2014