Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

This is a fabulous hostel - great staff, kitchen, common spaces and location.

Great stay for a valuable price! The staff were awesome, always willing to help out the guests. I would definitely stay here again!

Astor Hyde Park was a bit further out from the main parts of London, but still in a very nice area that's worth a stroll through. The hostel was quite comfortable and worth the price we paid (very reasonable). Staff genuinely cared about making my stay enjoyable and offered their assistance whenever possible. The vibe was nice at the hostel and people staying there were nice and easy to talk to. Bathrooms (personal with locking doors) were a bit dirty, but pretty much as expected.

• 4th Aug 2015

Cheap room in a good location with excellent staff :)

Great hostel. The staff is so extremely nice and helpful. The area is very nice and safe. It's in the posh area of west London so it was always safe. The only negative I would say is they need to update their bathrooms in the dorms.

Home away from home!

Thanks for your words! We loved having you apart of our family! Safe travels and we hope to see you again next time you are in london! Lots of Love, Astor HP

There is no elevator.. and the one male staff made fun of me and he said to me that I am rude,,, I would never go there again.

I absolutely LOVED my stay at Astor Hyde Park. The staff are amazingly friendly and always happy to include guests in the hostels nightly events. The rooms, common space, and kitchen extremely clean. And you can't beat the location. I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone traveling in London.

• 1st Aug 2015

I had an enjoyable stay, though the only thing I would suggest that the staff be more vocal about the facilities offered, like the ability to store your food in the refrigerator, I didn't realize this the first day. Other than that, I would highly recommend this hostel. The staff was otherwise very nice, helpful and attentive. For an older building, it was very clean, I saw the staff working hard to make the atmosphere as relaxed but comfortable to the guests. I would go back.

Very nice location in clear upper class area, literally beside the park. Facilities very nice with kitchen for guest use and €1 breakfast. Staff nice and helpful, very chill vibe. Room and bathroom clean. Downside is only 3 plugs in the room, in the same spot on the other side of the room from the beds. Wifi good. No elevator so had to climb 3 floor with heavy luggage.

Had a really great stay, The hostel was in am amazing location with such a great price and the 1 pound charity breakfast just topped it off! :)

• 31st Jul 2015

Everything was great except the smell in the bathroom. I know it was cleaned regularly, but it was very musty and there was constantly water on the floor. Other than that, it was great!

• 31st Jul 2015

Great hostel for facilities and cleanliness. I found the staff kind and helpful and enjoyed events put on by the hostel. I would definitely stay again.

Loved everything! Especially the staff!

Thank you so much for the review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully that you made some life time friends with our staff! Can't wait to see you again! Safe travels! Lots of Love, Astor HP xo

I loved my time at the Astor Hyde Park. It was the perfect location with lots of things to do nearby. The staff were always helpful and even organised things daily to get everyone together. It was the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in, it was actually impressive. The staff all take such pride in the hostel and truly want you to have a great experience as their guest. Nico was awesome and even joined me on some touristy London experiences. Thanks Astor for welcoming me to London :)

Astor Hyde Park was positively the best hostel I could ask for. The staff were among the nicest people I ever came across. They make you feel right at home and are quick to fix anything you may need to make your stay more comfortable. What was most shocking was how clean they kept their hostel. I think the floors were mopped like 10 times a day. Hard working, good energy people at that place. Totally a gold standard of what hostel experience should be like. Thanks guys!!!!!

• 30th Jul 2015

Great place. But lacked fun staff and an upbeat atmosphere.

• 30th Jul 2015

​Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful hostel however we are sad to hear that you guys didn't take advantage of our daily activities and events. Everyday we have different social events and activities (even two live bands last week - WOO!) which we love ​for ​ all our guests to get involved with. Next time you are in London we would love for you to join in with our fun activities!​ Safe Travels!​

everything perfect! Cheap breakfast (£1). The only problem was with sockets, only 4 for 10 people.

Good atmosphere overall, staff and other backpackers were very friendly. Beds/sheets and bathroom were quite clean. Storage cages under the beds needs significant improvement. They squeak very loudly when rolled out (enough to wake anyone..) and it wasn't possible to put a padlock on due to the bad design of the cages.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We are so happy to hear that enjoyed your time in our amazing Hostel! Thanks for letting us know about the cages! We have now re serviced them so they are squeak free! We hope to see you next time you're in London! Safe Travels, Astor HP xo

The main reason we were disappointed in the hostel was how few bathrooms there are. 1 toilet and 1 shower for 15 people is frustrating. Compared to other hostels we have stayed at the breakfast was skimpy- but it wasn't a deal breaker. The location is great though, very close to museums and tube stations. The staff were attentive, if not overly friendly, and kept the place clean.

• 28th Jul 2015