Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Needed more plugs in the room

The hostel is in a beautiful neighborhood near tube and bus stops. Hyde Park & Kensington Palace are just around the corner and the tube takes you to the most important highlights in less than 10 minutes. The staff were very friendly and helpful (and plenty of them walking around) and most everything from phone chargers to padlocks for the luggage cage under your bed you can lend for free (deposit required). Lots of lovely eating and drinking facilities near by. I will be returning for sure!

• 11th Jul 2015

Convinient to travel to most area as theres piccadilly,district and circle line using the london underground. The stay was acceptable and clean and they provide luggage storage, padlocks,etc. Willing to help guests especially lvl 5's toilet often flooded easily. Feel safe walking at night and its near to most of the museums.

Just a few plug sockets in the room caused a little problem to charge my stuff but nothing really important. The courtains in the toilets are very old, some new would be nice. The staff guys were all very nice except for the guy that used to make the beds in the room. Nice location, tube in a couple blocks. Very good hostel in a general view, recommend.

This hostel messed up my booking, I was supposed to stay in an all female dorm and I was in a mixed dorm. The location is great but it's not the best place to stay in London. No one talked to each other and generally everyone seemed pretty standoffish, staff included. I would not recommend this hostel.

The Hostel is well located, close to a few museums. Bus 52 from Victoria Trains Station takes you directly there and it runs 24hrs as well as Bus 10 if you're hanging around Oxford Street and Picadilly Circus and want to go back late to the Hostel.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Special mention to Victor who advised me on alternative routes to the airport (there was a tube strike that day), and for helping me to print the bus ticket.

Far away from metro station. Average. Good breakfast.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in when staying in dorms. Spacious rooms very high ceilings, Spacious and comfortable bathroom in the room. Nice "historical" inside in general. Common room with a projector/huge screen. Dinning room downstairs, laundry and luggage deposit (locked and camera secured). Cameras security in the building and key-card opened entrance. A very helpful staff. Money for breakfast (only 1 GBP) goes for charity. Regular program of events. A very nice experience!

Was a small room, but very clean as well as the bathrooms. Bathrooms were a good size and showers were nice. Can rent a towel for 1 pound if needed. Staff was very helpful! Only downfall is I did not get wifi in my room on the first floor. The metro is a good 10-15 minute walk. But is located right across from the beautiful Hyde park!

The room was unbearably hot! They provided a small fan but it made almost no difference.

• 3rd Jul 2015

We had a lovely stay at the Astor - the staff were friendly and were able to put us in the same room our friend was staying in. The rooms and hostel were clean. I wished we were staying for longer!

• 3rd Jul 2015

I stayed in the 6 bed dorm and there was plenty of room. Beds were comfortable, locker below the beds, and one shared bathroom across the hall. Good staff. It's very close to Hyde Park!

I stayed for 2 nights solo. It was a good place, especially with the poind breakfast. My only real issue was that there was no way to plug your stuff in at your bed.

Great hostel in a good location.

Astor Hyde Park was super clean and the staff were fantastic. We had to put in deposits for anything we borrowed (including locks). Lockers were under the bunk beds in our room. They were super squeaky, but we got used to it after a while. I would definitely recommend.

Astor Hyde Park was a fantastic hostel all round. The quality of the staff, rooms and facilities was above any of my expectations. The Staff work hard to engage as many guests as possible throughout the day and night which create's that home away from home atmosphere and experience I had come to know and love. The rooms were always clean and comfortable, outstanding compared to other hostels. I would recommend this hostel to everybody travelling through London - you will not soon forget it.

One of the best hostels i have ever visited. Staff where super friendly and willing to help. The facilities are cleaned regularly so everything is always nice when you use them. They also host events each night making it really easy to meet new people making the whole experience at hyde park even better!

I've stayed from 29 June-3 July and had a wonderful stay. It's simply value for money. Best things were the staff. Rooms were well kept and staff attended to any maintenance issues asap. There are activities organized daily and have enjoyed the Thursday movie night featuring Kingsmen. Guests have come from all over the world. Breakfast is for charity and only costs a pound. Locks, adapter & wifi are free. Stores and bus stations are just nearby. Just pack light because the stairs are a bit high.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Fun atmosphere and a friendly staff. Though one more non-alcohol related event in the week wouldn't hurt and could get more people to participate at the same time.

• 29th Jun 2015