Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

very clean and comfortable hostel!

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel. We enjoyed our stay here. Was clean and the rooms are nice. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• 31st Oct 2014

Very helpful staff

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Russia

Easy check-in. Super secure luggage storage. Easy to meet people in common areas and kitchen. Rooms get a bit stuffy cause they're ensuite with the bathroom.

We enjoyed our time in Astor Hostel, but we lived on 4th floor without an elevator... And for two days we didnt have any toilet paper! The staff is nice and helpful and atmosphere is also good. For this amount of money I can recommend this hostel.

The hostel was good and we had a nice time there. The toilets could be cleaner. Breakfast is very simple but it is included in the price. Some of the staff could also be a bit nicer and politer when the guests ask them something. Nevertheless, I would recommend this hostel.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

Everything was great but I was disappointed with the atmosphere. It was my first time going to a hostel without a bar in it, and as a result, people were less inclined to speak to people they didn't know. We could be 15 people in the same room but no one would be talking.

• 27th Oct 2014

It's a good Hostel, however, some of the staff are just hanging out and doing nothing (not sure if working or not) and I think I doesn't help the image seeing someone with the shirt "manager" doing nothing and sitting in the stairs. At least, don't put the shirt on... Friendly receptionist thought! The subway station is a short walk away but there is plenty of buses and things to see around so the location is pretty nice!

This hostel is sick, bit of walk from tube station, like 5-10 mins, but it feels like a home away from home, so fully worth it!!! Team are rad!!

This was my second time staying here and it was just as great this time. Theres plenty of plugs. Everything seemed clean. People were friendly. Overall a great stay.

• 24th Oct 2014

One of the best hostel options in London! Great location, good kitchen and lovely common room space.

• 20th Oct 2014

I had just one night at the Hostel but I really enjoyed it.It is located in a beautiful area full of victorian building where you can also get cheap food very easily.The train station is near and your are at the main sights within few minutes. The staff was friendly but a little bit slow. The facilities are in good condition and clean.There is a very fast Wi-Fi for free and a lot of other things you may need are included as well.The breakfast had no big variety but well, it was something to eat.

I live in the sharing room, there is not enough sockets.. otherwise everything is brilliant here!

We enjoyed our stay and the front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

Good value for few nights - longer would've been a pain mostly because some people in my room didn't know the basic morning behaviour for hostels (be quiet, let others sleep, do what you need to do and then get out). Other than that really nice, though the walk to the underground was quite long, especially in the evening. Luckily buses go right in front of the hostel. Loved the charity breakfast, thanks! Someone ate my bread from the shelf, watch out for your food.

The staff is awesome, the location is pretty good and they even provide free breakfast. The bad point is that the hostel building is quite old, so there's no elevator (what might be a problem if you stay on the fourth floor, like I did) and my sink also clogged (that was a problem that the staff could probably fix, but after going down four floors I always forgot to ask them). The party atmosphere is also not good. People kept watching movies in the lounge and there was no party mood at all.

Hey thanks for your feedback! It was a pleasure having you stay with us! Unfortunately it is hard for us to fix a problem we do not know about so please let us know next time and we will be able to fix right away for you. We hope you had an amazing stay with us and we hope to see you again next time you are in London! Lots of love Astor HP

Good hostel. Location is good, very close to Hyde Park and to 3 great free museums. You have to walk about 10 minutes to get to the Metro station which isn`t bad, Staff was very nice and helpful. The atmosphere was okay, nice chill lounge area with sofas and a big projector where they show movies, but not exactly an ideal place to meet new people. Free breakfast with the usual stuff. My major complain is that showers had freezing cold water for an entire day, I guess they had a mechanical prob

It is okay for the price. The bathroom is not super clean, if that's something that matters to you. The wi-fi is decent as well as the location.

But far from the Tube station, but still worth a stay here. Very nice.

Request a room on a lower floor, lots of stairs and no elevator.