Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

The only frustrating thing was a noisy group that stayed in my dorm. Everything else way great!

• 12th Jun 2015

Well located and nice environment! I have stayed many hostel through Europe and this is one of the coolest, helpful stuff, good location and chilled atmosphere.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • mtrc
  • Turkey

Extremely nice staff with great attitude! Nice environment for meeting new friends is you are open-minded! Everything is really cool in this hostel! It takes a bit long time from the Gloucester Road tube station but it only take a few minutes from the bus line no. 9 (which is within 5 minutes)

• 11th Jun 2015
  • China

Recpetion was not very helpful

• 10th Jun 2015

Overall a good hostel, nothing amazing to write about, but nothing bad to write about. Common room was nice and the staff at the front counter were super helpful. Good facilities all around. One thing I wasnt impressed with baggage storage; It was downstairs and they buzzed you in, no one was there to supervise it. I could have taken anyones bags or gone into anyones bags while I was there. Not very secure at all. In a beautiful area, but a little bit of a walk from the tube at night ladies.

• 10th Jun 2015

Very nice place. Old building, well maintained. Friendly staff. Well connected to public transport. Silent environment except the fan's in the bathroom.

Great staff and wonderful location! However they need to make some improvements in the dorms. The cage storage lockers are really inconvenient and frustrating. They're so noisy at night, it's also easy to jam your fingers and it's hard to open and close them when someone is sleeping on the lower bunk because they weigh down the bar. Also, the unintuitive location of the bathroom light switch meant people kept switching on the dorm light by accident. Individual bed lights would also be good.

loved everything! The staff was very friendly.

• 8th Jun 2015

This was my first time staying at a hostel and after my stay at Hyde Park I can't wait to stay in another! The staff were all awesome, super friendly and informative. The location was ideal and the accommodations were clean. Overall a great place to stay and a fun place to meet people on your travels! I would definitely stay here again = )

• 8th Jun 2015
  • US Virgin Islands

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! So thrilled that you choose AHP for your first hostel experience! We absolutely loved having you here with us! Can't wait to see you next time you're in London. Lots of Love and safe travels! Astor HP Crew xo

Great place to stay! Staff were especially awesome, all of them are young and like minded like the backpackers.

Thanks for the amazing review! We loved having you with us for your stay in beautiful London! Can't wait to see you again! Safe travels, Astor HP xo

I was VERY pleased with Adtor Hyde Park. The staff was excellent and very helpful!

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Good location, pretty average place with a bunch of stairs and no elevator!

​Hello! Thanks for leaving us a review. Glad to hear that you loved our amazing location and building. Due to the building being so beautiful we are unable to have an elevator however our friendly and helpful staff are always available to help you take your bags up! Safe travels, Lots of love Astor HP

Enjoyed my stay. Nice place. Only bad part was all the stairs!

Stayed in a 6 bed coed. 3 sets of bunk beds with lockers under the bottom bed. The bathroom was better then I expected and you could close the door to the bedrooms. Only thing k would fix it putting the outlets by the bed. They were on the open wall in the room.

• 5th Jun 2015

Our expectations. Thanks for being awesome! The £1 charity breakfast is a great idea and the rooms and facilities in general were really good.

• 4th Jun 2015

I liked the stay...I stayed for an official trip and was wondering if I was wrong choosing a hostel..the people who stayed with me where lovely and location, rooms were good. Would stay here again..

• 4th Jun 2015
  • India

Good location, cool building and clean hostel. Staff were great when we checked in, but otherwise rude and distant from guests in the kitchen. Breakfast is very average. The biggest problem we had was being in a 10 bed dorm with an ensuite, this was super inconvient and meant we were always waiting for the shower, the sink or the toilet. There was also only 4 power sockets for a 10 bed dorm. It was very hot in the rooms too, poor circulation.

Bed was comfy, bathroom was nice and staff was helpful. Lovely building. Probably a ten minute walk from the tube which felt like a very long way at the time. There's no wifi in the rooms which they said was because they wanted people to socialize. I didn't want to socialize, I was exhausted and wanted to watch Netflix in bed until it was time to sleep. So they get an extra minus for that. Also the room was very hot and stuffy in the morning.

Astor Hyde Park was a fabulous hostel to stay in for my 3 night stay. They provided you with everything you needed, and entry to the hostel 24/7. The staff were from all around the world, very knowledgable and helpful, as well as outgoing and friendly, making you feel welcome. There was a movie on in the lounge each night for anyone who wanted to stay in, with comfortable couches and seating, which made it easy to get to know others. Overall very clean and comfortable stay - would recommend!

As a solo woman traveler in a mixed dorm, I felt very safe & the staff always assisted me when I needed help or direction in the huge city of London. The hostel is located In a very safe neighborhood and a short underground ride (South Kensington/Gloucester Road) from the main attractions and sights. The hostel provided a charity breakfast in the morning and facilities were up to par (except there is not wifi in the rooms, only In the kitchen and the common room.) The hostel was fantastic!