Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

I loved my time at the Astor Hyde Park. It was the perfect location with lots of things to do nearby. The staff were always helpful and even organised things daily to get everyone together. It was the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in, it was actually impressive. The staff all take such pride in the hostel and truly want you to have a great experience as their guest. Nico was awesome and even joined me on some touristy London experiences. Thanks Astor for welcoming me to London :)

Astor Hyde Park was positively the best hostel I could ask for. The staff were among the nicest people I ever came across. They make you feel right at home and are quick to fix anything you may need to make your stay more comfortable. What was most shocking was how clean they kept their hostel. I think the floors were mopped like 10 times a day. Hard working, good energy people at that place. Totally a gold standard of what hostel experience should be like. Thanks guys!!!!!

• 30th Jul 2015

Great place. But lacked fun staff and an upbeat atmosphere.

• 30th Jul 2015

​Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful hostel however we are sad to hear that you guys didn't take advantage of our daily activities and events. Everyday we have different social events and activities (even two live bands last week - WOO!) which we love ​for ​ all our guests to get involved with. Next time you are in London we would love for you to join in with our fun activities!​ Safe Travels!​

everything perfect! Cheap breakfast (£1). The only problem was with sockets, only 4 for 10 people.

Good atmosphere overall, staff and other backpackers were very friendly. Beds/sheets and bathroom were quite clean. Storage cages under the beds needs significant improvement. They squeak very loudly when rolled out (enough to wake anyone..) and it wasn't possible to put a padlock on due to the bad design of the cages.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We are so happy to hear that enjoyed your time in our amazing Hostel! Thanks for letting us know about the cages! We have now re serviced them so they are squeak free! We hope to see you next time you're in London! Safe Travels, Astor HP xo

The main reason we were disappointed in the hostel was how few bathrooms there are. 1 toilet and 1 shower for 15 people is frustrating. Compared to other hostels we have stayed at the breakfast was skimpy- but it wasn't a deal breaker. The location is great though, very close to museums and tube stations. The staff were attentive, if not overly friendly, and kept the place clean.

• 28th Jul 2015

Best hostel I've every stayed at. Fantastic location to museums, parks, and transit. Friendly and overly helpful staff. Couldn't ask for more.

Not a bad hostel, but not amazing either. Just okay. Perhaps we just unluckily got a dud room in what looked to be a great hostel. Our bathroom was being renovated so we had to shower in a smelly bathroom elsewhere and the toilets overflowed a couple of times. There didn't seem to be that much of a vibe either, despite some really cool facilities. Location was great- close to Hyde park and public transport. I would stay here again just to give it another go.

First of all the staff! They were absolutely amazing, from the time we checked i (at 2330!) to the time we left, they made us feel like family. Any questions or concerns we had about the city or he hostel itself, they went beyond to satisfy our needs. The £1 continental breakfast was also a life saver, choosing from a wide variety of cereals, toast and juices to start your busy days off. It was our first hostel experience and were extremely pleased with all of what we received at Astor Hyde Park

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your first hostel experience! It was our pleasure having you as part of family and we cant wait to see you again next time your in London! Safe travels! Lots of Love, Astor HP xo

My stay was great, everyone was really nice and i will definitely be going back.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Hello! Thanks so much for the review! We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us! We can't wait until you return to london! Until then, Safe Travels! Lots of Love, Astor HP xo

This was my first hostel experience and honestly, it was a really fantastic one! The staff was super friendly and helpful. There were a lot of events and chances to be social, which I liked a lot. It was conveniently located with major bus lines and not a super far walk from the tube. Overall, fantastic experience and would definitely stay again.

Awesome place! I'll be back!!

Super comfy bed in our lovely private room with a clean en-suite bathroom, towels provided, and even a tea set included! We had a fantastic stay and the staff was very accommodating. Definitely worth the price. Thanks for making our London trip more special.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We are so happy to hear that we've made your experience in London that little bit special :) We hope to see you guys next time you're in London! All the best, Lots of love Astor HP xo

Great kitchen and lounge area - clean, well supplied, big, and allows you to be social or anti-social depending on how you feel! The bedrooms are up a lot of stairs, and are incredibly basic - only a couple of power sockets for the whole room, no shelf/baskets by each bed. The bathrooms don't air well, so there's a persistent musty smell throughout. BUT very convenient for parts of London, good value, very friendly, I'd stay again quite happily.

The building is very old and has no lift although the building itself is quite beautiful. Staff was okay, not friendly compared to other staffs from other hostels I've been. The 10 bed-room dorm with toilet was horrible as the bathroom is humid and has molds. They provide free breakfast with 1 pound fee for donation. Nice location right by the Royal Albert hall and in the rich neighborhood, Kensington and Chelsea but there are no convenient stores or restaurants nearby.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Very good and safe location in London. Surrounded by many embassies. 10min to subway and then another 15 min into the center. However I missed blow dryers and sometimes even mirrors in the bathrooms.

• 21st Jul 2015

Everything in the hostel was very standard. No complaints about the facilities or staff. As as solo traveler I do however, prefer a staff who is more involved as it tends to create a better atmosphere. The hostel never seemed to have much going on and the pub crawl wasn't great.

The beds here are comfy, the staff really friendly and helpful and the location is in a very cute neighborhood. The stairs are a bit killer after a while but I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel set in a beautiful historic building. Convenient location. I loved the lounge room. However I didn't like the fact that the lounge area is not seperate from the tv area like at the astor victoria. It was anoying that there was no quiet area to sit in the evening as netflix was constantly on the big screen. Also guests should be given half an hour to eat up in the dining hall, after the cut off point for breakfast at 10am, it is a common courtesy. Cleaning should be planned like this

Astor Hyde park is in a great location and close to the beautiful Hyde park and Kensington gardens, and museums and subway stations! The downside to my stay was the bathroom in my room was closed as the sink was blocked and it stunk the whole time I was there! It also meant I had to go upstairs to shower. The wifi also only worked in the common area (or didn't work in my downstairs room!) but the 1 euro breakfast was great and location is so good I would stay again.