Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Great hostel. Staff where very friendly and helpful. Very clean. Alittle far from the soho and Piccadilly area where most people go out at night.

i stayed for one night , not too far from the train station , easy to find and the staf was very helpfull , includes breakfast, i will recomend this hostel, thanks

We had a great stay in Astor Hyde Park! Superb neighbourhood, well connected with both buses and tube, excellent staff and very enjoyable stay overall! :)

It's a clean hostel in a good location. The staff were great. Bathrooms aren't amazing but definitely workable.

The staff were great, very pleasant and helpful. Facilities were very clean (my main factor when choosing a hostel). Having 24hr reception and secure baggage storage is extremely helpful. My only issue is that it's quite a walk away from the nearest Underground station, which can be difficult when lugging a heavy backpack, but it's something that can't be helped. My stay at the Astor Hyde Park was fantastic, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone visiting London.

• 20th Sep 2014

Other than the nastiness of our bathroom and the distance to get places, it was a pleasant stay. Would recommend but be wary of sharing with 11 other people.

“The hostel is definitely a sight. The building is beautiful, it's right down the street from Hyde Park, very clean. There was a lot going on but it was still a very relaxed atmosphere.”

The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and the location is excellent: walking distance from three of the major museums, Hyde Park, a tube station with access to the Picadilly and District/Circle lines, and various restaurants at all levels of price and sophistication. You are 10 to 20 minutes by tube from pretty much any destination in London. The hostel is clean, safe, and young with a full, working kitchen and a great common space where they turn on Netflix at night for those not going out.

Love the place really much, it's easy to meet people there, and they have a cozy social area which people gathered at night. Though it takes about 10-15 minute walk to the nearest tube, I enjoyed the walk anyways, you can actually take different routes to enjoy the environment around London; You could either pass by the museum area, or simply rent a bike and ride around the park to reach other tube stations which I do nearly every morning.

Amazing location quite near the tube and super close to Hyde Park. Clean facilities. Good included brekki and amazing kitchen for cooking meals. Wifi was pretty good. Only downside was that it was a pretty quiet hostel but staff are great at suggesting where to go.

Great staff, clean beds and bathrooms. Staff were super friendly. Small note for the maintenance folk - Room 3's shower did not drain very well, could be something to check into. Otherwise, quiet and clean and just what I needed. Cheers!

Great hostel in a great area for a really good price! Everything is clean and workers are really nice! I asked for a 4 bed room ensuited and it was in the main floor, that was great!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The staff were really welcoming and super helpful both when I arrived and checked out. The room itself was just alright; the beds aren't the most comfortable and it was hard sharing a small bathroom between 10 people, but you're spending your time out in the city anyways, not the room. I would skip the breakfast, just your average cereal and toast. Overall it's a good hostel for its location, staff, and a place to sleep at a decent price in London.

the common room feels a little stiff because it was mainly people working in there but the staff was super nice and really helpful! It's also an amazing location. we walked to everything and if you don't want to walk, the buses are really easy!

• 12th Sep 2014

This was the third hostel I stayed at during my UK vacation, and it was the nicest. It was the most spacious, felt to be the cleanest, and the internet had the best connection (in the other two hostels I stayed at, internet was only available in the common areas and didn't reach to the bedrooms). It's a bit further from the tube, but it was still definitely a walkable distance. The only gripe I had with my stay was that the two other girls in the room I stayed at stole my iPhone charger :(

Thanks for your feedback! We are really happy to hear that we were the nicest hostel you stayed in during your travels! We're sorry to hear about the charger. Next time you are here it is best to take advantage of the free safety deposit boxes we have available at reception and the lockable cages under your bed. Enjoy the rest of your travels and we hope to see you back here again! Lots of love Astor HP :)

The guy at the reception was great, helpful and friendly. Rooms were very secure and lockers under bed worked great. No ventilation in bathrooms sucked, they got so hot and steamy after everyone used them. Kitchen cook tops were hard to use signs had worn off as which was which. Breakfast was great.

Staff was very friendly! only complaint is the far walk from the tube and the amount of stairs I had to climb to get to my room. I would recommend for anyone to stay here for genuine quailty!

24 hour reception and a short train ride from everything. The staff were lovely and the rooms were reasonably spacious. My only criticism is that the bathrooms had no ventilation and the rooms could become stuffy. Overall a great stay though.

Great Hostel! The staff is really nice and always willing to help. Everything was just as seen on the website or better. The only bad thing I could point out is that you have to climb up lots of stairs, but is a Youth Hostel, we're young so what the heck? xD Really good in general! I would definitely recommend!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your comments! We do try and keep everything as perfect as possible for you! Next time just let us know and we are more than happy to carry your bags for you! And if you've done too much walking during the day we can piggie back you up to your room ;) Safe travels, lots of love AHP.

The location of this hostel was fantastic, the building was beautiful and the staff were incredibly helpful. I would recommend this hostel to anyone wanting a nice atmosphere in an excellent location. Was perfect for my stay in central London!

Thanks so much for your stay and kind words! Hope to see you next time in wonderful London!