Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Safety, location, and staff are all really great! I'm not sure how good it is for meeting people but it's a good place for an affordable stay.

• 15th Jun 2015

I loved staying here. The stairs are a killer but for the location and cost it was amazing.

• 14th Jun 2015

Excellent place to stay. Staff were super helpful and polite and friendly throughout my time there. The atmosphere was wonderful with the staff and the other guests. The shared spaces were vibrant and everyone seemed totally open to meeting new folks. Thanks team!

• 14th Jun 2015

It was a bit complicated to arrive, because the numeration is not clear at all

Great hostel with amazing staff!!

• 13th Jun 2015

It seemed more like a home than hostel. I loved the late night Netflix marathons, and everyone was just so incredibly nice and helpful!

The only frustrating thing was a noisy group that stayed in my dorm. Everything else way great!

• 12th Jun 2015

Well located and nice environment! I have stayed many hostel through Europe and this is one of the coolest, helpful stuff, good location and chilled atmosphere.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • mtrc
  • Turkey

Extremely nice staff with great attitude! Nice environment for meeting new friends is you are open-minded! Everything is really cool in this hostel! It takes a bit long time from the Gloucester Road tube station but it only take a few minutes from the bus line no. 9 (which is within 5 minutes)

• 11th Jun 2015
  • China

Recpetion was not very helpful

• 10th Jun 2015

Overall a good hostel, nothing amazing to write about, but nothing bad to write about. Common room was nice and the staff at the front counter were super helpful. Good facilities all around. One thing I wasnt impressed with baggage storage; It was downstairs and they buzzed you in, no one was there to supervise it. I could have taken anyones bags or gone into anyones bags while I was there. Not very secure at all. In a beautiful area, but a little bit of a walk from the tube at night ladies.

• 10th Jun 2015

Very nice place. Old building, well maintained. Friendly staff. Well connected to public transport. Silent environment except the fan's in the bathroom.

Great staff and wonderful location! However they need to make some improvements in the dorms. The cage storage lockers are really inconvenient and frustrating. They're so noisy at night, it's also easy to jam your fingers and it's hard to open and close them when someone is sleeping on the lower bunk because they weigh down the bar. Also, the unintuitive location of the bathroom light switch meant people kept switching on the dorm light by accident. Individual bed lights would also be good.

loved everything! The staff was very friendly.

• 8th Jun 2015

This was my first time staying at a hostel and after my stay at Hyde Park I can't wait to stay in another! The staff were all awesome, super friendly and informative. The location was ideal and the accommodations were clean. Overall a great place to stay and a fun place to meet people on your travels! I would definitely stay here again = )

• 8th Jun 2015
  • US Virgin Islands

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! So thrilled that you choose AHP for your first hostel experience! We absolutely loved having you here with us! Can't wait to see you next time you're in London. Lots of Love and safe travels! Astor HP Crew xo

Great place to stay! Staff were especially awesome, all of them are young and like minded like the backpackers.

Thanks for the amazing review! We loved having you with us for your stay in beautiful London! Can't wait to see you again! Safe travels, Astor HP xo

This hostel is in a great location. It is only a short walk from the Kensington Gardens! The staff was friendly and helpful. Compared to some other hostels I stayed in on this trip, it wasn't as aesthetically pleasing, but it was comfortable and clean. I do wish that the electrical outlets had been near the bed and it would be great if they had reading lights. The best thing about the rooms was the basket under the bed. I could fit all of my things in it and then lock it.

I was VERY pleased with Adtor Hyde Park. The staff was excellent and very helpful!

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Good location, pretty average place with a bunch of stairs and no elevator!

​Hello! Thanks for leaving us a review. Glad to hear that you loved our amazing location and building. Due to the building being so beautiful we are unable to have an elevator however our friendly and helpful staff are always available to help you take your bags up! Safe travels, Lots of love Astor HP

Enjoyed my stay. Nice place. Only bad part was all the stairs!