Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Very nice hostel, the attention was very correct and didn't have any problem. The location is ok, near Hyde park and not to far from the center but to get the tube you have to walk like 10 minutes. For the bus it's only 3 minutes.

There should be more electric sockets in the bedroom, because 12 people trying to charge their batteries (mobile phones) in 3 or 4 sockets, could be a bit complicated.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Hola! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Thank you for your recommendation. We are currently in the process of installing more power sockets in the rooms to accommodate all our guests powering needs! See you next time you're in London! Lots of Love, AHP xo

Booked my stay last minute because my prior arrangements cancelled on me - ended up having a better stay than I would've with my original plans! The staff is great and there are lots of free things to do nearby!

Hi there, We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We loved having you here! We hope to see you again real soon. Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

It was a perfect location; 15 minutes to walk to the city centre/Harrods, plus buses stop all along the street (Kensington). The people were friendly, and I had a great time. The only downside is that it is a little expensive, and if you're looking for a budget stay you may find cheaper places. Wi-fi didn't work too well in my room, only in the lounge/common areas. The shower was also weak; if these are not problems for you, then this is a great place to stay. :)

• 3rd Apr 2015

I like how clean the place is and how nice the staff are. You get a breakfast as well for just 50p which goes to charity. So yeah, real good deal. Might come back if I need to stay around that area!

I had a fab time here! The hostel is in a really nice area with excellent access to buses/the tube so there are no problems with getting anywhere. If you (really) enjoy walking you needn't even pay for public transport to get to Westminster/ West End. Cleanliness was pretty good- our bathroom/shower smelled a bit funny but otherwise no issues there. Only other small complaint is that the under-bed drawers have a latch that is too big for a luggage lock and they were out of padlocks.

The staff was FANTASTIC. They were very welcoming and helpful with planning day trips, where to eat, and where to go out at night. I never felt worried about safety and found all of the fellow travels to be very kind and friendly.

Hi there, Thanks for the awesome review! You guys we're great! If there is every anything you need please do let us know, we are here to help! Hope you guys are enjoying Greece and that we get to see you again soon!! Safe Travels, Astor Hyde Park xx

We stayed at Astor Hyde Park for only one night but were very impressed. The place was clean and in a great location with fantastic facilities. All the staff were very helpful and friendly and there were a range of activities each night. The mattresses were surprisingly comfortable and there was a proper pillow, unlike the usual uncomfortable pillows-that-aren't-even-enough-if you-fold-them-in-half things you normally find at hostels. Overall we were very impressed.

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate it. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope next time it can be for longer than one night! We work hard to ensure our hostel is the best in London and are glad you felt that way. We hope to have you stay with us again soon. Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park

Especially if visits to the natural history museum are planned, this is the hostel of choice. Awesome location and amazing staff!

• 31st Mar 2015

I felt at home; the staff and other guests make you feel like you are a part of the Astor Family. I will definitely be staying here again.

• 31st Mar 2015

Hello, Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with and are looking forward to seeing you again soon! Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park

one of the best hostel ! very kind and helpful staff clean , confortable , quiet , the kitchen and the meetings area , r isolated from rooms , so , no noise , u can sleep well !

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy you found our hostel comfortable,quiet and clean. We work hard to ensure you have a lovely stay and appreciate that you noticed. If there is ever anything you need our staff is always here to help! Hope to see you again soon. Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park

전철역이랑은 거리가 좀있는데 위에 파크쪽으로 가시면 관광지로가는 버스들많아요 전 4일묵는데 오이스터카드 25불충전하고 9불남겨왓네요 아 불이이니고 파운드요 리셉션친구들 굉장히친절하고 엘리베이터없어서 올라갈때 힘들긴하지만 한번이니까요. 주변조용하고 안전해서 특히여성분들한테 추천하고싳네요

• 29th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We hope to see you again. Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

I stayed at the Astor Hyde Pard for about two weeks and in those two weeks the hostel became a home. The hostel itself was welcoming and organized, making living there extremely easy and effortless. The staff knew their trade and were so helpful and just amazing individuals. I have no ill word to say about my experience and I will surely return!

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! It was our pleasure having you stay with us and are so happy you had an amazing experience! Our staff works hard and does truly know all that London has to offer (which is endless.) We're always here if you need anaything! We hope to have you stay with us real soon. Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park xx

Great experience! Very friendly staff.

• 27th Mar 2015

Excellent Hostel in a fantastic location. Right beside Hyde Park and Kensington High street and also near the Natural History Museum. Easy to get to several tube stops and bus stops and theres a London bike stand outside the Hostel. Lovely old townhouse building. You would not expect a hostel in an area like this! I would stay there again.

The only thing that was a little frustrating was the bathrooms were very small and that their was only 3 for 30 people. I would recommend splurging a few extra bucks for the smaller dorm rooms seemed a little cramped in the 10 person one.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! All of our dorms are equipped with ensuite bathrooms for your comfort including two separate public bathrooms located just outside the room in case your ensuite is occupied. We hope to see you next time you're in London! Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xo

the building was a great old place but at the same time with all the modern updates. The great big commong room is an excellent place to meet new people, catch up on e-mails/postcards or even catch a movie (on the big projector screen). No elevator so get ready to go up many stairs (ie: not for the big huge heave suitcase-type people). I also did the Camden Pub Crawn and it was a good mix of pub/bar/dance club with ok drink specials (the deals were mostly for shots)

• 27th Mar 2015

Everything was great

Hey there, Thanks for the review! We love that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon!! Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park

The hostel is in a good location and clean. I recommend!

Astor HP was fantastic! Close to Hyde Park and the museums, a beautiful building, and great security both at the front door and in the rooms. I love the under-bed locker cages. Dan at the front desk is super helpful and lets you know anything you need about the hostel. Also- ENSUITE BATHROOMS! I've stayed at a lot of London hostels to get a feel for who is good and who to pass on, but so far the Astor locations have been spot on.

Hey! Thanks for the awesome review! We loved having you stay with us. We work hard to ensure our property is second to none!! Thanks for the shout out! Can't wait to see you again!! Safe Travels, Astor Hyde Park xx