Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Ive stayed at Astor Hyde Park before and it is always a pleasure! So incredibly easy to get from Heathrow Airport and located in beautiful South Kensington! Free breakfast is always a bonus!

• 12th Jun 2014

The hostel, staff, and other visitors were fantastic. Having breakfast everyday free was very nice, as was the lounge. The only problem I had was our shower not draining properly and our bathroom floor always being soaked. The location was great and I had an awesome time in London

• 12th Jun 2014

Loved this Hostel!! Stayed here for 7 nights (solo traveller) in June and couldn't really fault it. Free breakfast was good, staff were friendly and helpful, really clean and located a 5-10min walk to the tube station with 3 different lines. The kitchen, dining and lounge areas were a BIG PLUS and were large, well equipped and great for meeting others. I would certainly recommend Astor Hyde Park to anyone travelling to London and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Kind staff and close to Hyde park.

My first hostel so I have nothing to compare it to. That being said I enjoyed my stay and the staff was super friendly. Location is a bit far from central London, the closest subway is 15 minutes away. On the other hand it is next to Hyde Park which is a nice walk.

A calm hostel, where you get movie nights. The rooms are good, you get a shower per room. The neighborhood is amazing and they staff is very helpful.

Unfortunately staff treated this place like it was theirs and you felt like you were intruding plus they were just generally rude and not actively helpful. Other guests at the time felt the same way. For the price the inadequate showers and unfortunate layout of my room in particular was not comfortable - the main light in the room was directly above my head. Wifi does NOT work in the rooms and there were only 4 power plugs to 10 people. It's a long way back down the stairs too. Reconsider.

Great staff, about 12 min walk to closest tube station. Wish they had curtains for the bunks, would add that element of privacy. Hot buns and cereal for breakfast. Nice hostel.

• 9th Jun 2014

My only complaint was that the beds were a little stiff, other than that it was a great experience

• 8th Jun 2014

New, modern hostel with a large kitchen and hanging out area, so you can meet and spend time with other travelers. Great staff and 24 hour reception - we checked in very late and they were accommodating. Free breakfast, coffee, tea, and access to the kitchen, so enjoy that. The location is close to Hyde Park and Kensington Palace, but you'll need the metro to get everywhere else.

Great location, very chlean, and friendly staff!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

So good. The place is very clean.

• 6th Jun 2014

Great location right near hyde Park. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Rooms and bathrooms have all the essentials and are clean. As with all london hostels can be expensive and need your own towel etc. Washing machines also available on site.

Amazing!! Would stay here again! Wish there was a closer tube station though

Really nice place with friendly staff, had a 12 person dorm which was extremely spacious. Good value for money and location of south Kensington, can't go wrong with this hostel.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Overall, I had a positive experience staying at Astor Hyde Park. The location was great and the staff was very friendly. I was also happy with how clean my room was. My only complaint is the lack of power outlets in my room. We had 10 beds but only 4 outlets, all of which were located far from my bed.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Nice hostel with great staff. Will definitely stay their again. Hostel is a little out of the way, but we liked that it was close to the park. A bit of a walk to the nearest tube.

First time staying in a hostel, so glad we chose Astor Hyde Park! Very comfortable atmosphere, common room was cozy an staff were very helpful.

Ups: great location (The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is a fantastic area), nice staff, very English-like building. Downs: The mattress was upside down, very small restroom, the hot water wouldn't worlk sometimes, weak breakfast.

Hostel staff (cobbie) was very responsive and the hostel was very clean and well maintained. Location is near to museum and around 10-15 min walk to tube. We enjoyed the stay. Only downside was that our room was not locked for 2 days after the cleaner cleaned up the room which was a shock to us, fortunately nothing was lost.

• 1st Jun 2014