Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

I only stayed one night but the location is great. It's right by Hyde Park, Victoria & Albert Museum, and the Natural Museum. Two tube stations around 10 mins walking distance. I can't comment on the atmosphere but the one negative I can say is that there no elevator so if you can request a lower floor.

Our stay was really pleasant; the staff is extraordinarily nice, friendly and helpful. We only had some little trouble with the cleanliness of the room toilets, if it would be possible to clean them more often, they would be perfect.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Enjoyed my stay. Very friendly staff who are ready to help you with anything, just ask! Also loved the lounge area!

• 28th Dec 2015

Very helpful, friendly staff. Many thanks to the staffer who carried my bag up to the 4th floor for me!!!. No issues with security- hostel is located in a very safe neighbourhood; fine to walk around alone at night. Metal bins underneath the bunks to store larger items (can get a lock from the desk for a small deposit if you don't have your own), and smaller, more secure lockers at the front desk to store valuables. Beautiful building, inside and out.

• 28th Dec 2015

Great hostel in the posh part of London.

Definitely one of the best youth hostels I've been thanks to the stuff. I felt like at home, they played movies, they helped us with everything we asked, even when we were a pest they always had a smile on their faces! Another good thing to mention is that all extra services (padlocks, adapters, etc) are free, you need to leave a deposit, but it's really nice to not find hidden fees and end up spending way more money that what you initially planned.

I spent my Christmas away from Canada this year,& stayed at Astor Hyde Park.The staff were so nice & welcoming,& it's only a short walk to any bars/pubs/restaurants/convenience stores/Hyde Park Winter Wonderland.Also there are a few nice walking areas besides Hyde Park which were lovely to come across.It was so great they had movies playing in the lounge, even late at night, and the atmosphere there was just so nice & chilled out.Out of all the hostels I've been, this was one of my favourites :)

• 24th Dec 2015

Personnel is very attentive, willing to help and knowledgeable about the city. The facilities are very clean and ambience is pretty good with activities organized by the personnel each night. Extremely weel located hostel, with many locations a walk away. Lovely and highly recommended.

• Mexico

Hello!! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy to know that you had a awesome experience with us and that everything was such a good experience with us, your words means a lot for us. We trully hope to see you again back in Astor Hyde Park. Happy days, Astor Team :)

This was my first time staying in a hostel, and I couldn't have picked a better one for my first experience. The staff were super friendly & so helpful. I'd go back just to see them again. The location couldn't have been better or more convenient for us - that was a major plus. I know I'll be staying at Astor Hyde Park the next time I'm in London.

• 24th Dec 2015

Hello!! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy to know that you first time in a hostel was with us and that it was behond your experience and that your time with us was such a good one, we hope to see you again at our lovely Astor Hyde Park :) Happy days, Astor Team :)

Best hostel in London. Nestled between Knightsbridge and Kensington, steps to he natural history museum and quiet enough for a good nights rest. All the essential underground and bus stations are right outside the door to take you into town. The facilities were on point and the kitchen was fully equipped to make any meal. Above all that, the environment of the hostel and its staff are the reason I kept extending my stay. 10/10 would stay again

Awesome value for money. In such a great location and loving it at Christmas time. Maybe drop the heat a lil, had a cold shower in wintee ;) We will definitely be back!!!

• 21st Dec 2015

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Astor Hyde Park for four nights of which all of them were delightful experiences. You could not ask for more of a friendly staff that they have given us. I also had the privilege of meeting the owner and his son who manages the place and from meeting them I came to realize as to why Astor Hyde Park is what it is today which is a home away from home. They truly do care about the people coming to their place. Looking forward to coming back!

Hello!! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy to know that you had the most awesome time with us and that our staff went behond with all the assistance that we can provide. We are more than happy to see you back again at our lovely hostel. Happy days, Astor Team :)

Best hostel I stayed at. Excellent location, homehome cinema, the best staff possible and new instalations in a Victorian building. I was there for a week but definitely looking forward to come back.

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Spain

I was only supposed to stay 3 nights & ended up staying 13. With nightly activities and a friendly common room, I didn't feel like I always needed to be out because staying in felt like an adventure in & of itself. The staff (who go above & beyond) felt less like staff and more like family. After spending my first Christmas away from home here, I wasn't in the slightest sad because I truly felt like I had found a home- not just a hostel. I would recommend it to anyone and can't wait to go back!

Hello!! Thank you so much for your kind words! It gives us great joy to know that your experience with us was an awesome one, and that you felt so welcome with us, and that your christmas day and night was an aswesome one with our company. You are part of our big family and we hope to see you again. Happy days, Astor Team :)

I had a terrific stay at Astor Hyde park and met many interesting people as a solo traveler. My suite had the cleanest restroom/shower I've ever had in a hostel, a comfortable bed, and spacious under-bed lockers. The breakfasts were nice and a great opportunity to meet people. The common spaces are relaxed, comfortable, and do feel a bit like a home away from home. Only minor drawback is distance from the tube, but there are busses and bike shares and the gorgeous Hyde park adjacent.

I dont recommed this hostel. We arrived at 10pm and the receptionist told us that the checkin was at 2pm. We asked her if they could make the 3 beds before 2pm but she refused. So we had to wait 4 hours, Breakfast was $1 because it was for "charity". The worst part was at 10am sharp they asked all the guests to leave the kitchen and finish breakfast somewhere else because they had to clean the kitchen. Nobody liked this. Part of the staff don´t even look at you and ignore you completely.

I had a great stay, the staff is amazing and very friendly. They work hard and are very accommodating.

• 18th Dec 2015

The location was great however the amount of stairs I had to climb with my suitcase was a pain as well as there not being any airconditioning in what could become a pretty stuffy room. The security was poor with no lockers provided and a fairly pissant cage under the bed where you could put your suitcase and lockup other valuables (that could easily be stolen by a determined thief). The staff were kind but the atmosphere was average when compared with previous hostels.

• 18th Dec 2015

This was an excellent hostel in a nice part of London. Close enough to walk into the city but far enough to not be stuck in it. Staff was very friendly as well.

This hostel made my trip perfect! The staff was fabulous, really friendly and helpful! You can feel they work hard and love their jobs! The hostel itself was spacious and 100% clean with a lot of facilities! The kitchen has literaly everything you could need. The atmosphere was really nice as well thanks to the daily activities. The rooms and bathrooms were spotless. I'd definitaly come back again! And thanks again to the 2 fabulous night receptionists; Nico and James for their kindness!