Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

The facilities are great, it's very clean and the breakfast it's amazing. There is not much atmosphere maybe because there's many people staying there, but it's a great hostel anyways. I would recommend it to a friend.

We stayed at a private room with bathroom included but the cleaningness was poor. The toilet was really dirty. There was no heating in the room or it wasn't working. It is an old building so the wood floor was noisy. We complained and the staff was really helpful. We had reserved 3 nights but they helped us to cancel the booking.

Nice and helpful staff. Facilities were adequate. They nickel and dime you for a towel to rent it and have it laundered ultimately costs you 2 pounds. Bring your own towel. Breakfast was super simple but free. Location was good near Underground amd Overground (bus). Get an Oyster card too. Ok place for the price.

Nice hostel with really good location. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Would recommend

I lived here for 2,5 weeks while I was new in London and were looking for a job and a Place to live. A fresh and Clean hostel with big and airy rooms. Great common areas where you could meet new people. A large kitchen och dining area as well. The staff were really good, friendy and cleaned the room every day. I had no problem at all living there for such a long time and I really recommend this hostel.

My friend and I stayed in a private room, really helpful and friendly staff, our room was clean and got cleaned nearly everyday. Good breakfast provided, tube station not too far away and bus stops close too. Free wifi but only worked in common room like the lounge and dining room. Also: beds were SO COMFY. Really good hostel would definitely stay there again.

• 20th Jan 2014

The Astor Hostel is an amazing place to Stay. I was a bit apprehensive staiying in a hostel as this was my first time I did it. I couldn't be happier with the result and glad I gave this a try. The Staff were kind and great to have fun with! The hostel organised a clubbing night where I became good friends with all of them. I got to meet so many new friends and by the time I had to check out I didn't wan't to leave. I couldn't recommend this hostel any higher It's great value for everything.

It was my second time at this hostel. Just a great place to stay if you want to have some fun but also need a place to rest after a wild day in London.

The location is not ideal. London is huge and you have to walk a lot anyways, but it's a good walk to the nearest subway and everything you want to see is far away. Beds were good, lockers under the beds, staff was great, the building is beautiful. Wifi does not work in the rooms, bathrooms aren't too bad. You get a key card for your room and our door broke while we were there….so the staff had to come upstairs every time you wanted in your room to unlock the door. I would stay here again.

Great customer service, friendly staff. 100 % across the board !

Location was excellent since it is near the Glocester Road and some good museums. Staffs are sooo much friendly. Other facilities are not extremely good but there's no deficiency. By reckoning very economical price, it will be very good choice. Would be there again if I go London again.

Hi there, glad our staff were able to make your stay at Astor Hyde Park more enjoyable and we appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We hope to see you again in London. Take care, the Astor Hyde Park Team :)

I was impressed by the cleanliness of this hostel. The room and bathroom I was in was cleaned every day and the day I left a lot of staff were in the kitchen and dining area scrubbing every inch of it. A bit further than I would have liked from a tube station but not too bad. Alright free breakfast. Only problem was that being on the 3rd floor the wifi didn't work at all. Although it was a beautiful old building it would have been nice to have been offered help with my bag getting up the stairs.

Hi there, we appreciate you taking time to give us feedback as it gives us the opportunity to make our service to guests as good as possible. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the care we take to make the hostel as hygienic as possible. We have recently begun an overhaul of our internet capabilities which will now provide wifi to the rooms. Hope to see you again :) Take care, the Astor Hyde Park Team.

I stayed here for one night and had my DSLR camera and iPod stolen from my secured bag (in the locker under my bed) when I was having breakfast downstairs. When I told reception, they casually said that two girls in my dorm had had things taken from them too (an iphone charger) and also that there had been somebody sleeping in that dorm that wasn't checked in. As everyone in my dorm was downstairs at the same time and I was the first back to the room, it's worrying. Completely ruined my stay.

Great! For the price, the room was large, ample facilities, great location. Slight walk from the tube, but this price for a bed in Kensington is great.

• 10th Jan 2014

My friend and I stayed two nights and really enjoyed ourselves - the hostel was cheap and the entire place was wonderful. Much nicer than I'd expected for such a price! The staff was eager to help with anything we needed, and the location right next to Kensington Gardens didn't make matters worse! Would definitely recommed it. :)

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

Hi there, we're glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor Hyde Park and we appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. Hope to see you in London next time. Take care, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

It's a good place, the staff is always there to help us. The breakfast isn't so good.

• 9th Jan 2014

Thanks very much for choosing to stay at Astor Hyde Park, we're glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were able to make your time in London more memorable. Hope to see you next time :) The Astor Hyde Park team.

Really great hostel, cool crew and great value for money.

• 7th Jan 2014

Super friendly staff & great common room. Breakfast was very basic & wifi did not reach my room, but overall I had a comfortable and fun stay!

Hi there, we're glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor Hyde Park and that our staff were able to be of help to you, we appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. We have recently begun an overhaul of our internet and power capabilities which will provide wifi and extra power outlets for the rooms from now on. Hope to see you again :) Take care, the Astor Hyde Park Team.

Staff were very helpful. I stayed in a well maintained and comfortable 3 bed dorm. Noise was minimal and I would recommend

• 7th Jan 2014

Friendly and professional staff. Clean facilities, good atmosphere. One looks forward to settling inand even returning to this hostel. 100 % across the board.