Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

It's too low, the height of the first bed. The other thing, i'm very satisfied. :)

• 29th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

스탭들 친절하고 좋았어요. 근데 엘레베이터가 없어서 높은 층이면 좀 힘들어요. 저는 도착했을 때 여자스탭분이 남자분한테 부탁해서 제 짐이랑 다 제가 쓸 층에 올려다줘서 괜찮았는데 다 그런 것 같지는 않았어요. 조식도 괜찮았어요. 항상 든든하게 먹고 나왔네요. 그리고 공원 근처라서 좋았어요. 버스정류장도 근처라서 저는 메트로 안타고 맨날 버스타고 다녔어요.

My brother and I stayed here for one night before flying home, great staff and hostel. Maybe a little expensive and far away from the tube.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

After my other unfortunate hostel experience in London, I was braced for another bad experience. Luckily, this place was much nicer. Even in a 12 bed room, I felt like there was enough space and comfort for everyone. This hostel was pretty quiet, which I appreciated. Staff was nice. The common area was nice. I didn't bother to try to breakfast, as it looked really lackluster, but that's okay. I loved being close to the park. Overall, I would recommend this hostel.

The staff was pleasent and the stay was nice. Breakfast was just cereal and roles, not too bad for us. Neighborhood was quite and there were a couple of good pubs down the street. Lockers under the ness were nice. Location a little far from the action, but very doable. I might would stay again if I wanted a quite place.

Nice and clean hostel in a beautiful building excellently located. I've only came there for one night so didn't spend therre much time but general impression quite good:)

Although it is London, the hostel is very expensive for what they offer. Cleanliness of the room and the facilities may be better, I stayed in backpackers hostels in Asia that were incredibly clean, even looking more to a hotel than to a hostel. There are holes in some ceiling that need to be repaired. Staff was great. They may remove the under 35 years old rule. I met over 40y backpackers in my trips that had younger spirit than some guests I met in the hostel...

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Really great location. Clean facilities with a really cozy lounge that makes you feel at home! The staff was really kind and helpful! It's bookmarked for a future trip to London.

• 24th Aug 2014

Great place to stay a few days in London! The major selling point is the location - in the heart of London, all the classic places to visit are easily accessible, even on foot if you like exploring cities this way (my personal preference).

it was my first time when i booked the hostel. I was litlle bit confused in the beginning,because I thought it will be unsafe and inconvenient place,because you are not alone in the room. But i was so impressed that everything was fine and I did't have even one small problem. The room was regularly cleaned. The breakfast was plain, but for lady it was more than enough.May be if I were guy I will buy smth and cook myslef in the morning. The area of the hostel is amazing.

• Russia

nice place

• Switzerland

Staff in this hostel deserves for applauds. They are very kind, well trained, not urgent, in positive meaning.

• Poland

Best Hostel ever. Friendly and helpfull staff, really well located, good beds and communal area. Only one things is the lack of sockets and that the bathrooms are inside the rooms.

This hostel was great! It was a far walk from the main areas I visited, but it was in a really great area of London that I had never seen before. The washing machine broke while we were doing laundry on our last night, so we had to haul our laundry to a laundromat about 10 minutes away! Wasn't much the staff could do about it until the next day, but it would have been nice if they could have paid for the laundromat dryer since it was a lot pricier. Great atmosphere here though and clean.

- The location is good if you manage to use the right bus, and stop at the right bus stop. Use the underground to get to the hostel might be a little bit tricky. - I was a little disappointed with my room because i felt i was assigned to the worst room of the Hostel. The bathroom smell really bad. And we didn't have enough outlets to charge our phone in the room. Have to go to the common area where everybody else were also trying to charge their phone/ cameras.

Astor is a pretty cool hostel. I unfortunately got stuck in a room with 8 sorority sisters so only hung out with one other backpacker. Free wifi which is awesome and comfy beds!

A paradigm of effective Hostel management. While the internet wasn't extremely fast it was reliable, which is a real networking feat for hostels with dozens of devices connected at once - I've only ever been to a few hostels which have managed this. They also really helped me out with something I needed to mail to the hostel. Very comfortable beds, too. Only real downside was that like all of London it wasn't very good value for money.

Everything was fine by me

• 17th Aug 2014

Staff was helpful, location was excellent, a few of the toilets were broken, my room was pretty messy but that's not their fault, it was the girls staying there

Very nice hostal I liked it...!! Definitely if I am travelling once again to London I am staying in the Astor Hyde Park again.