Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

On our last night we had someone attempt to get into our room at three different incidents. These attempts were loud enough to wake us both up so I imagine it could have been heard by reception too.

• 11th Dec 2015

How are you? It's a fairly common mistake when other guests confuse their room door for another one as you can imagine when you are staying in a hostel maybe one guest got confused about which room was he and attempted more than once to get into your room thinking it was his. Our receptionists have timed control routes to go around the hostel and look for anything that it's not according our standards we will intensify these routes to avoid these confusions. Astor Manager Manuel Joao Costa

We loved our stay here! The staff was so friendly and helpful. We had a great experience and would definitely stay here again.

• 11th Dec 2015

Hello!! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are very happy to know that you had an awesome time with us and that the experience with us was an awesome one, you are part of our family and we hope to see you again. Happy days, Astor Team :)

I really have had a great moment in Astor Hyde Park Hostel. I have met nice people and employees very friendly!!! :)

Thank you for your lovely words! We are glad we helped to make this trip a great experience for you. We do our best for everyone to have a 100% wonderful stay. We hope to see you again, safe travels Astor Hyde Park team :)

This place was fantastic! Big shout out to Jax, Niko, Pablo, and the rest of the staff who's names escape me. I felt at home, with the incredibly helpful staff and the comfortable atmosphere. You guys rock. I hope to see you in the future. Also, I forgot to wash my dishes again. Sorry ;)

• 11th Dec 2015

Hello!! Thank you so much for your kind words! It makes us very happy to know that all our staff members made your stay with us an awesome and pleasent experience, thank you so much for all the love, we trully hope to see you in the future and to welcome you back to the family! Happy days, Astor Team :)

Had a fantastic stay! It was a lovely building and had such a great vibe with events happening every night. I felt so proper walking past embassies to get to the hostel and it was nice being so close to the Grosvenor tube stop (which runs late) and 3 very nice museums. Will definitely book here again when I come back! Only thing I would say is the bathroom is a bit lacking, maybe try to get a private room instead... but otherwise lovely time with great staff!

• 10th Dec 2015

The hostel staff was very friendly and our stay was enjoyable. The rooms were great and what we needed. The bathroom was pretty dirty, though and had mold in the shower.

• 10th Dec 2015

You are all wonderful :) thank you!

Hello!! Thank you so much for your kind words and for all the love, it makes us very happy to know that you had an awesome time with our company! Happy days, Astor Team :)

Just wow! This hostel was the best hostel we have stayed so far. The place was clean, had awesome facilities and had a wicked vibe. The manager (can't remember his name) is an absolute legend! And his sidekick Jax (an Aussie chick) gives her home country a decent name for once ;) This is an extremely social and welcoming hostel. Recommend for all :)

Hello!! Thank you so much for your kind words, it makes us very happy to know that your experience with us was an awesome one, and we are more than happy to welcome you back! You are now part of our big family. Happy days, Astor Team :)

This was a great hostel. The staff were very social and helpful. Locks and chargers are available for FREE. There's an organized activity every night: either poker night, beer pong, bar crawls, movie night, etc. The lounge is beautiful and there's a big screen projector tricked out with Netflix. Not to mention, the neighborhood can't be beat. In all, a great place to call home for a long week.

1. Staff is slow and it took about 15 min before they understood the booking. Blaming hostelworld. 2. We were promised day one that we would stay in the same room day two. Next day this promise was broken and the other staff that worked day two didn't know anything about the promise and said that the staff from day one made a mistake. 3. They don't keep track of the key's, someone can take your roomkey and take your deposition, they don't check what key is returned. Yea also this happened.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

Tamara, Thank you for your words, the time taken on your check in was due to the multiple bookings under your name for different type of rooms, we were just being cautious to provide a good service. I said that all the guests would be together according to the type of rooms booked maybe some information got lost in the way since the reception was busy that night, we check the keys when we find a lost key, sometimes guests take others keys thinking it's theirs. Astor Manager Manuel Costa

We absolutely recommend the Astor Hyde hostel! It was our first time in a hostel and we couldn't have wished for any better place to stay! If you're not sure about going in a hostel you will regret it. There's a possibility to go on a pub crawl tour, wich was absolutely worth it if you like to join londons nightlife. Thank you so much for this awesome time to the team and all the travelers we've met from allover the world. We will definately come back to our london-family xx

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

A lot of really dope people work here. They are really nice and friendly, yet professional and keep the place in great shape. Met awesome people through the hostel as well and the events were fun.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Hello!! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy to know that you had such an experience with us and that our staff made you feel like if you were at home, and that you had an awesome time staying with us and doing our daily events. Happy days, Astor Team :)

Nice hostel, clean and friendly staff

Awesome place to stay, everything was great, but the staff was exceptional: Jax, Manuel, Nico, Silvia, Lucia, I didn't know everyone's name but they were all exceptional and friendly and really went out of their way to help out, when I'm back in London, this will be the only placeplace I'll be staying at.

I stayed here on 2 occasions during my month long trip, with 9 nights to begin and 2 nights to end. I was glad to choose this hostel again on my 2nd stay, not knowing how it'd be the first time around. Staff was very friendly and active in cleaning their facilities (In particular thanks Manuel, Jax, and Pablo). Storage of items and valuables were very secure. Dining area was large for eating and just chilling. Only tough thing was sharing 2 washrooms among 12 people, but that's just how it was.

Everything was great!!! Incredible location, near of the most touritics places and it's a safe area (so beautiful). The hostal is clean, has incredibles facilities, tips, gifts cards, maps, activities each day, multiple languages. I love it

• 1st Dec 2015
  • Mexico

I love this place!!! The staff are so nice! Literally all like a family. So helpful when wanting too know anything or find your way around. The 1 pound breaky was the usual toast and cereal but fills you up for your day of exploring. Hyde Park is so close, beautiful too walk through and big Ben is 30mins walk. Bed was comfortable, Internet is fast, its so clean, hot showers and have adapters available too borrow if you forget yours like I did. Stay here!!! You won't be disappointed

Super friendly staff & a Netflix subscription, what more could you want?

Absolutely superb and beautiful location!! Staff are lovely. Rooms and bathrooms lovely and spacious. Big kitchen open 24/7 and breakfast every morning for 1 pound for charity. Would highly recommend staying here - great value for money considering location especially. Museums, restaurants, fabulous buildings and the underground all nearby.

This hostel was by far the best hostel that I've stayed at! The staff was amazing and super helpful with anything I needed. It was also in a great location located near Hyde Park and close to four free museums. It was also super easy to get to other major attractions in London from here. I would stay here again and I 100% recommend it to anyone going to London.

• 26th Nov 2015