Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Good hostel. Not the best but good. The other Astor across the park has a better location but this place is very pretty. Staff were pretty average which is unfortunate but they were fine. It's a big hostel as are most in London so it is a little tricker meeting people but I though this hostel was fair with what it provided. And it is clean.

Very clean, very good location, nice staff, Best hostel I've ever stayed!!

Walking in, two Irish girls first time to stay in a hostel, we weren't sure what to expect. Once we got to reception we felt right at home. The gentlemen behind the desk was so accommodating and genuine. Its was a brilliant experience and the location is incredible, very safe place. Very reasonable pricing. Will be returning around Christmas to London for some Xmas markets and wouldn't dare stay anywhere else.

• 9th Oct 2014

I booked here for a week when I moved to London while trying to find a flat. The hostel is so nice, the atmosphere is so good and the people are so amazing, that I've been here almost a month and I'm not planning on leaving any soon. It's a great location, with great prices for such a centric area, and the vibe is so nice that it features like home. Totally recommend it.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Spain

This place needs an elevator (lift) bad. There are not enough bathrooms in the place. I was in a 10 bed mixed ensuite dorm. One bathroom is not enough for 10 people, especially if some of them are girls. There were only three other half bathrooms to use in the entire building, if needed. Staff was decent. Breakfast is cereal and bread with some choices of spread, nothing special but does the trick if you're not looking for anything fancy. Starts too late in the morning though.

The staff of Astor Hyde Park is absolutely amazing, both as being helpful in suggestions for what to do around the city but as well as being good friends. They are always willing to hang out.

I loved my stay at this Hostel! Would definitely recommend it. It has a great atmosphere, lovely staff, and the rooms are pretty big! Can be a bit noisy with the metal lockers under the bunk beds, but at the same time there's lockers to put your stuff and free rental for a lock! Only thing is the wifi isn't really good in the rooms, but pretty good in the common rooms. Thank you!

If you first time to go to self-tourism. Here is a good place for you to learn how to do a backpacker. Wifi is cover the rooms. I like here.

Astor Hyde park was a super chill hostel. Very pretty location and helpful staff.

We had a great time in London thanks to this hostel!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Hungary

The Hostal was great, but people were kind of cold, the common area was a bunch of people using their phones and ignoring eachothers. The hostel was great!

Astor Hyde Park is a great hostel with nice location and lovely staff in London. I will recommond my friends to stay here. :)

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Nice location, good breakfast, kind staff. Room was on the 5th floor so it was a bit warm but luckily there was a fan in the room.

• 30th Sep 2014

Unbelievable location - right on the doorstep of Hyde Park and close to an underground. Our window was broken (in October) and I asked for it to be fixed. The staff member I told made me feel like I was being over the top, and it was never fixed, so the nights were freezing. Kitchen is big, and the basic breakfast is fine, but it's not very clean. Atmosphere is what you make it - it's a big hostel so there's plenty of people but it's easy enough to just do your own thing. Wifi isn't great.

Thanks for your feedback! We are glad you enjoy our amazing location as much as we do! Safe travels! Astor HP

I found this hostel really good because even though it was cheap ( I payed 14 per night in a 12 mixed room) they offered free wi-fi, clean sheets,breakfast,friendly city center tours and events, free locker and luggage room. The tube was not extremely close, but there were buses at 50 meters. The bathroom was too small for 12 people and not so clean, but I would recommend this hostel!

Yeh great place, really central, clean. For london definitely a goer! Did feel some of the staff weren't super friendly but nothing drastic. Cant be mates with everyone all the time I suppose.

It would be really useful to have a lift or elevator, suitcases are too heavy to go to the 3rd, 4th and 5th floor

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Pretty good hostel. Location not super close to tube, and Gloucester Road has some issues at the moment, but you can get around without issue. Right near a bus stop on 52 and N9. Very safe. Would recommend.

The room was quite big, so everybody had enough space for his stuff. The bathroom was not the cleanest, but ok! Breakfast was good: bread, chocolate and hazelnut spread, jam, butter, peanutbutter, coffee and tea, cereals. Next tube station is about 12-15min walk away, but you can also take the bus to the station or e.g. oxford street, picadilly circus... Kensington is a really nice neighboorhood which feels safe also at night.

Oh my god! the stairs are never ending. Awesome hostel with a nice feel and friendly staff. To make this hostel perfect they would install a lift.

• 26th Sep 2014