Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Great hostel in a great area for a really good price! Everything is clean and workers are really nice! I asked for a 4 bed room ensuited and it was in the main floor, that was great!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The staff were really welcoming and super helpful both when I arrived and checked out. The room itself was just alright; the beds aren't the most comfortable and it was hard sharing a small bathroom between 10 people, but you're spending your time out in the city anyways, not the room. I would skip the breakfast, just your average cereal and toast. Overall it's a good hostel for its location, staff, and a place to sleep at a decent price in London.

the common room feels a little stiff because it was mainly people working in there but the staff was super nice and really helpful! It's also an amazing location. we walked to everything and if you don't want to walk, the buses are really easy!

• 12th Sep 2014

This was the third hostel I stayed at during my UK vacation, and it was the nicest. It was the most spacious, felt to be the cleanest, and the internet had the best connection (in the other two hostels I stayed at, internet was only available in the common areas and didn't reach to the bedrooms). It's a bit further from the tube, but it was still definitely a walkable distance. The only gripe I had with my stay was that the two other girls in the room I stayed at stole my iPhone charger :(

Thanks for your feedback! We are really happy to hear that we were the nicest hostel you stayed in during your travels! We're sorry to hear about the charger. Next time you are here it is best to take advantage of the free safety deposit boxes we have available at reception and the lockable cages under your bed. Enjoy the rest of your travels and we hope to see you back here again! Lots of love Astor HP :)

I stayed at this awesome hostel for 2 nights after spending a week camping down in the Isle of Wight. It was exactly what i needed! The facilities were great; I stayed in a spacious 12 bed dorm, with a bathroom, for a damn good price. There was a great (free) breakfast, the building is wonderful, and the staff are helpful, and great to chat to! The location is fantastic, nested between Hyde Park, the Science and Natural History Museums. There is free wifi, lockers and so much more!

The guy at the reception was great, helpful and friendly. Rooms were very secure and lockers under bed worked great. No ventilation in bathrooms sucked, they got so hot and steamy after everyone used them. Kitchen cook tops were hard to use signs had worn off as which was which. Breakfast was great.

Staff was very friendly! only complaint is the far walk from the tube and the amount of stairs I had to climb to get to my room. I would recommend for anyone to stay here for genuine quailty!

24 hour reception and a short train ride from everything. The staff were lovely and the rooms were reasonably spacious. My only criticism is that the bathrooms had no ventilation and the rooms could become stuffy. Overall a great stay though.

Great Hostel! The staff is really nice and always willing to help. Everything was just as seen on the website or better. The only bad thing I could point out is that you have to climb up lots of stairs, but is a Youth Hostel, we're young so what the heck? xD Really good in general! I would definitely recommend!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your comments! We do try and keep everything as perfect as possible for you! Next time just let us know and we are more than happy to carry your bags for you! And if you've done too much walking during the day we can piggie back you up to your room ;) Safe travels, lots of love AHP.

The location of this hostel was fantastic, the building was beautiful and the staff were incredibly helpful. I would recommend this hostel to anyone wanting a nice atmosphere in an excellent location. Was perfect for my stay in central London!

Thanks so much for your stay and kind words! Hope to see you next time in wonderful London!

Very welcoming staff, willing to help and worked hard to make the stay enjoyable

• 8th Sep 2014

Always saw staff cleaning, very clean, good facilities, kitchen etc. Lounge was cosy, although the atmosphere wasn't quite right, too silent, not much social interaction. Not the best place if you are solo traveller looking to make friends, but otherwise a nice place to stay at.

The staff is kind and friendly, but the hostel is far from the underground station, you need to walk around 13mins to hostel. the hostel is no elevator, so you can imagine how hard when you need to move your luggage to/from 5th or 6th floor..., the breakfast is just ok, you need to wash the dishes by yourself. If you are a simple Backpacker, this is a good place for you, but if you need to shopping a lot and have more luggage, you have to choose other hostel.

Hey thanks for your Feeback. Sorry you did not enjoy our beautiful location! For your next visit there is a bus that leaves from the door of the hostel to the tube station that gets you there in around a minute! And we are always happy to help you after a big day of shopping to carry your bags! Have a wonderful time on the rest of your travels! Lots of love AHP

I had an enjoyable stay at Astor Hyde Park, the staff was very friendly. Definitely good value for money considering how expensive London is! One drawback though is the absence of a lift, i had to climb the stairs all the way to the 4th floor, other than that all was good.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

it was a very nice hostel, we enjoyed our stay in London and were happy to sleep at Astor hyde Park.

Super happy you had a great time with us! Looking forward to seeing you next time in beautiful London!

Location was nice, but not as close to the tube as expected. Initially staff where helpful, but on day 2 directions we were given were incorrect and caused us to go to the wrong area. Obviously it is London so bound to be more expensive and smaller than other hostels, but the bed was horrible, and the bathroom not super clean. Would not stay again.

Thanks for your feedback! Sorry you didnt enjoy our amazing location. There is a bus right outside the hostel which will drop you at the tube station within a couple of mins otherwise the short walk is just under 10 mins. We wish you all the best with your future travels! Astor HP

A very organized hostel with a very good atmosphere. They have a giant screen where everybody watches TV every night and it´s very nice to relax after a great walking day.

If i travel to London another time I repeat for sure!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Good value, nice to make deposits on things instead of having to buy. Staff was friendly when we got there, but only to the point of getting us what we needed and no interaction beyond that. Then new staff came and were very cool.

Hey thank you for your feedback! Indeed we believe in providing the best product at the cheapest price without the hidden extras to keep your stay simple and safe! Hopefully the next time you are here you get to meet the whole crew outside of work hours and do something fun! Enjoy the rest of your journey! AHP

Very nice hostel in a great location - one of the best that I've had the privilege of staying in. Friendly staff who are helpful in the face of uncertain travel plans. The one improvement I would suggest is that they monitor the inside of the lock rooms more closely. The reception remotely unlocks the rooms and can see people's faces as the door is unlocked, but I did not notice cameras inside the rooms, so once inside, anything can happen.