Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Good location, cool building and clean hostel. Staff were great when we checked in, but otherwise rude and distant from guests in the kitchen. Breakfast is very average. The biggest problem we had was being in a 10 bed dorm with an ensuite, this was super inconvient and meant we were always waiting for the shower, the sink or the toilet. There was also only 4 power sockets for a 10 bed dorm. It was very hot in the rooms too, poor circulation.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amazing location! We are sorry to hear about your thoughts on our charity breakfast. It's a cont​antential breakfast which costs just £1 with all the proceeds currently going to the Nepal Victims. Thanks for your feedback and please note that we are currently in the process of installing new sockets and personal lights for each bed! Woo! Safe travels, Astor HP xo

Bed was comfy, bathroom was nice and staff was helpful. Lovely building. Probably a ten minute walk from the tube which felt like a very long way at the time. There's no wifi in the rooms which they said was because they wanted people to socialize. I didn't want to socialize, I was exhausted and wanted to watch Netflix in bed until it was time to sleep. So they get an extra minus for that. Also the room was very hot and stuffy in the morning.

Astor Hyde Park was a fabulous hostel to stay in for my 3 night stay. They provided you with everything you needed, and entry to the hostel 24/7. The staff were from all around the world, very knowledgable and helpful, as well as outgoing and friendly, making you feel welcome. There was a movie on in the lounge each night for anyone who wanted to stay in, with comfortable couches and seating, which made it easy to get to know others. Overall very clean and comfortable stay - would recommend!

As a solo woman traveler in a mixed dorm, I felt very safe & the staff always assisted me when I needed help or direction in the huge city of London. The hostel is located In a very safe neighborhood and a short underground ride (South Kensington/Gloucester Road) from the main attractions and sights. The hostel provided a charity breakfast in the morning and facilities were up to par (except there is not wifi in the rooms, only In the kitchen and the common room.) The hostel was fantastic!

Really nice hostel. A bit far from the tube station but nice facilities. Can hire out padlocks and adaptors etc unlike other hostels which just make you buy them

absolutely fabulous hostel! the staff were excellent, the location was perfect. Overall I reccomend this hostel 100%

The staff made it feel like a home. Paula who worked there was amazing and very helpful.

• 31st May 2015

Really, really good hostel. If you can get a good price (25 Euro and below), it is definitely worth staying here. Big spacious rooms and very enthusiastic staff.

The place is clean and. The location is great. The Staffs are so excellent and friendly. The 24 hours front desk make everything easier.

Wish there were outlet plugs near the bed for charging phones at night.

This is an absolutely lovely building located so close to Hyde Park and the tri-museum complex down south! Very fast and efficient check-in process, and all staff was very courteous. Nice warm showers too! :)

Thanks for the review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amazing location - neighbour to hyde park and the free museums! Can't wait to see you next time you are in London. Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xo

Staying in London for a course. It was my first time in a hostel, and I will definitely be coming back. In fact I am this weekend for the next part of my course! The staff were very welcoming and helpful.

• 30th May 2015

Staff very friendly and helpful. Cleanliness excellent, and beds comfortable. Very grown up, chilled out vive about the place. Excellent value for money.

• 29th May 2015

I stayed with 4 other girls which were friends of mine in a private 5 bed room. We were all very happy with the room and how clean it was. We were very satisfied with our stay. There were no outlets by the beds, but there was one strip of a bunch of outlets by the mirror in the room, so it worked out fine. Some of the staff I could have gone without dealing with, but some of the people at the front desk were absolutely awesome! Stay here, it's great.

• 29th May 2015

I've been here a few times and it's just an amazing hostel. The rooms are pretty big and clean, and same for the bathrooms and showers. There's a nice breakfast included. Also the location couldn't be better, right next to Hyde Park. And of course, the staff is always helpful and super nice and cool. Definitely the best hostel I've ever been in London :D

I had a great stay. My only negative comment was that the shower curtain smelt horrible!

Hi There! Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We are super sorry that there was an issue with the shower curtain. Please note that we have now replaced the curtain. If there are ever any housekeeping issues that need to be address during your stay please just let us know at reception so our staff can fix the problem for you straight away! We hope to see you again! Lots of love, Astor HP XO

The hostel is very lovely and well located! But the bathroom in the rooms are discusting... The breakfast should include fruits and real juice!

Thanks for leaving us a review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. All our bathrooms are serviced once or twice per day, all of our staff are on site 24 hours to ensure your stay is perfect. If you ever need additional cleaning services then please just let us know at reception. We will be happy to help anytime you need. Our charity breakfast for 50pence does also include some fruit options so I'm sorry to hear that you didnt see these when you were here. See you soon! Lots of love x

If you like seeing the parks of a city, then this hostel is perfect as it's right near Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. It is a fair walk from the parliament buildings and the London Eye, but the tube is very conveniently located. The beds were good, as well as the lockers under the beds. Only downfall is one dedicated area of plugs for 12 beds.

Very good service. No elevator which made it exhausting for those living on 4 to 6th floor. Staff was cool and the area is very posh :-) 10+ min of walking to closest tube station. All in all very good for a short stay in central London.

• 26th May 2015
  • Norway

We stayed for two nights in a 4 bed ensuite dorm and two nights in a private double room. Both rooms were quite functional. The location of the hostel was fantastic, one block away from Hyde Park and about a 10 min walk to the nearest underground station. The hostel wasn't too loud, it was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. I would say the only downside was that in the 4 bed dorm room the internet didn't work very well and that the private double was very expensive.