Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Not bad. Some things I had a problem with were the rooms didn't have outlets for every bunk, the rooms were hot so the fan ran 24/7, and even though I stayed on the 1st floor we had no wifi in our room.

Such a great hostel! they make you feel very much at home, and really try to do everything to make your stay great. Most of the facilities are free to use and that gives you the feeling that they're interested in you having a good stay and wanting to come back, rather than just taking your money.

• 6th Jul 2015

Far away from metro station. Average. Good breakfast.

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our £1 Charity Breakfast! As our location is right by the famous Hyde Park there are two Tube Stations just 8 min by walk or just a 2min bus ride which will drop you right outside the hostel! Nice and easy :) We hope to see you next time you're in London, you can take the bus 70 from the tube! Safe travels Lots of love, Astor HP xo

One of the best hostels I've stayed in when staying in dorms. Spacious rooms very high ceilings, Spacious and comfortable bathroom in the room. Nice "historical" inside in general. Common room with a projector/huge screen. Dinning room downstairs, laundry and luggage deposit (locked and camera secured). Cameras security in the building and key-card opened entrance. A very helpful staff. Money for breakfast (only 1 GBP) goes for charity. Regular program of events. A very nice experience!

Was a small room, but very clean as well as the bathrooms. Bathrooms were a good size and showers were nice. Can rent a towel for 1 pound if needed. Staff was very helpful! Only downfall is I did not get wifi in my room on the first floor. The metro is a good 10-15 minute walk. But is located right across from the beautiful Hyde park!

The room was unbearably hot! They provided a small fan but it made almost no difference.

• 3rd Jul 2015

We had a lovely stay at the Astor - the staff were friendly and were able to put us in the same room our friend was staying in. The rooms and hostel were clean. I wished we were staying for longer!

• 3rd Jul 2015

I stayed in the 6 bed dorm and there was plenty of room. Beds were comfortable, locker below the beds, and one shared bathroom across the hall. Good staff. It's very close to Hyde Park!

I stayed for 2 nights solo. It was a good place, especially with the poind breakfast. My only real issue was that there was no way to plug your stuff in at your bed.

Loved every second of my stay at Astor Hyde Park (well, maybe not the stairs!) The staff were always friendly at all hours of the day, and made every effort to help whenever it was required.

• 1st Jul 2015

Great hostel in a good location.

Astor Hyde Park was super clean and the staff were fantastic. We had to put in deposits for anything we borrowed (including locks). Lockers were under the bunk beds in our room. They were super squeaky, but we got used to it after a while. I would definitely recommend.

Astor Hyde Park was a fantastic hostel all round. The quality of the staff, rooms and facilities was above any of my expectations. The Staff work hard to engage as many guests as possible throughout the day and night which create's that home away from home atmosphere and experience I had come to know and love. The rooms were always clean and comfortable, outstanding compared to other hostels. I would recommend this hostel to everybody travelling through London - you will not soon forget it.

One of the best hostels i have ever visited. Staff where super friendly and willing to help. The facilities are cleaned regularly so everything is always nice when you use them. They also host events each night making it really easy to meet new people making the whole experience at hyde park even better!

I've stayed from 29 June-3 July and had a wonderful stay. It's simply value for money. Best things were the staff. Rooms were well kept and staff attended to any maintenance issues asap. There are activities organized daily and have enjoyed the Thursday movie night featuring Kingsmen. Guests have come from all over the world. Breakfast is for charity and only costs a pound. Locks, adapter & wifi are free. Stores and bus stations are just nearby. Just pack light because the stairs are a bit high.

• Philippines

Fun atmosphere and a friendly staff. Though one more non-alcohol related event in the week wouldn't hurt and could get more people to participate at the same time.

• Singapore
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel is in a great location. Our beds were clean and other guests were respectful if they came in late. Breakfast was extremely basic. My only complaint is that I wish the staff has showed us around as this was our first time staying at a hostel. Also for my American friends the room gets very hot, no a/c.

Great stay at Astor!

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Astor Hyde park is definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed at while travelling through europe. The facilities are always clean and the building itself is beautiful. The staff are super friendly people and come from all over the world making it more of a global experience. The receptions also have a great knowledge off london and are willing to help with anything you need. I will be telling all my friends about this place and would suggest it to anyone and everyone!

Excellent location and felt very safe while I was there. Located in an absolutely beautiful Victorian townhouse and facilities were always very clean. Beds were comfy and I just liked this place overall!