Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

I am aged 44. Thus I am not supposed to be there. I made a mistake of not reading the fine prints of the T&C. And the receptionist made it a point that I understood that it was my error. Out of goodwill, they allowed me to stay a night. My second night's reservation was cancelled by default and I was made to pay a cancellation fee amounting to >30% of the second night's - for having deprived them from letting out the bed.

This place is a really good hostal, the staff was absolutely amazing very kind, you can ask for some directions and they will help you with that. Also we lost a cell phone and they helped us to find it. Absolutely recommendable

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you so much for your lovely words! We want our guests to have an excellent experience and make the most of their time in our amazing, vibrant city. We are very glad that everything worked out with your phone, as always we are here to help :-) Enjoy the rest of your trip and we hope to see you again! Regards, team @ Astor Hyde Park

Good across the board. Not as flashy as others but a little more sense of community. Stayed in a 12-bed, and we were packed in there... but it wasn't too bad. Clean enough. Sweet staff at check-in but fairly non-existent after that (which is perfectly fine). Kitchen and dining area are definitely the best part of the hostel- location is fantastic as well for that area of London.

Astor Hostel is a great place to stay near the centre of London with spacious, clean rooms and well equipped kitchen providing yummy breakfasts for L1. Only one negative experience - extremely loud roommates waking everyone by unbelievably loud snoring, using cages under the beds and walking in and out of room in the middle of night.

The 1 pound breakfast for charity is absolutely an added value, and I also like that there are plugs all over the common areas. It's a pity that the hostel doesn't have an elevator, and the room key card gets easily demagnified once placed with a mobile phone too close (i.e. in the same pocket).

It was all pretty average but apparently is the norm for hostels in London. Really nothing special about the place but nothing was terrible either. The location was probably a negative as it was a 10 - 15 min walk to the tube, I think you could find a better place....

Really liked the £1 charity breakfasts and the location was fantastic. The rooms were clean and had unexpected benefits - our private twin room also came with a TV and a kettle! There was lots of information about London scattered around the hostel as well. One small downside was the lack of atmosphere, didn't feel there was much happening the hostel that weekend. In addition, the staff were a bit poor at check in - forgot to give me a room key etc.

• 13th Nov 2015

Absolutely lovely hostel! Very clean, friendly staff and great common areas for meeting people. There are events (like pub crawls) organized every evening to help guests meet new people, and go out and have fun. Had no real problems - would stay here again if in London!

• 13th Nov 2015

Nice place. As expected, it was a bit noisy but with a good pair of earplugs, it was manageable. The bed was clean and comfy. The only thing I was a bit disappointed with was the shower which had very poor water pressure.

The hotel was dirty and far away from any underground station. There was mold on the ceiling of our bathroom. The one good thing was the bed was very comfortable. The rest of the hostel as far as cleanliness and atmosphere was average or below average.

I had a great stay at Astor Hyde Park! The staff were exceptional! On my first night I had one other roommate in my dorm, and after 2 hours of him snoring like a drunk dragon, I went down to reception to ask to change rooms. They were able to move me without any issue, at 2am!! The breakfast is 1 pound and goes to charity, and is just the usual cereal and toast. The hostel is a bit of a walk from underground train stations, but this more annoying than a truly negative thing. Thanks Astor!!

Great location . The Underground was not that far away & buses are close ! Staff was great , usually smiling & asking to help . Manager Manuel is the coolest guy ! As well as other front desk help .

Very clean and located in really nice neighborhood next to Hyde park. A bit expensive for a hostel, but that's London in general I guess. Staff were great, and the hostel puts on fun events every night.

One of my favourite hostel stays ever. Staff are all incredibly friendly, young people who host group events and hang out with guests, giving the place an incredible atmosphere. If you're quiet and want to keep to yourself, this may not be the place for you. A stone's throw from Hyde Park and the Natural History and V&A museums, which are all MUST SEE in London. Comfortable beds and lounge with Netflix, perfect for recovering from the night before!

The staff were great ! Manuel was exceptional and amazing. Hostel is located in a very safe area and very easily accessible to all over London via public transport. Would sugggest that the events organised by the hostel run on time and as planned. Kept 2 nights off for hostel events only to be told late in the evening that it was cancelled / delayed.

Astor hyde park is an amazing place for young travellers. The staff are very nice and kind. I am from China, I highly recommend it for people from asia.

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • China

I don't have any complaints. The Santander was awesome and very helpful and friendly... I'd def stay here again. Wish I was there for more than one night. :)

Excellent and clean faculties, staff make the atmosphere better than could have expected. A real must for anyone planning to stay in London. I am looking forward to making another booking soon.

• 1st Nov 2015

Nice hostel that served its purpose well. I was in London for the weekend to meet a friend. The atmosphere seemed a bit quiet and low key, but that might have been because I stayed in late October. Everything was tidy and the bunks were fairly comfortable. The downside is that you can't sit upright in the bottom bunks. I liked that there is storage underneath the bunk that could fit my entire 60L backpack and be locked. Padlocks are also free but require a refundable deposit. I would stay again.

The hostel is located in 10 to 15 min walk from the nearest station and the supermarkets were only in tube station. It was a bit inconvinient. The toilet sink was too small. It was a bit dirty in general partly cuz of users in the room but wasn't tidy satisfactorily as well. But the staffs were very kind and always try to be helpful and smiley. And the cinema room was good.