Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Our room was very nice and clean and the shower was AMAZING! Best shower I've ever had in a hostel, it was basically a massage haha. Our mattress wasn't very comfortable and neither were the thin bedsheets and thin pillow (my neck hurt quite a bit after a night's sleep). The atmosphere and nice staff made up for that though! Credits!

Astor Hyde is a very nice place with a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and always available with the 24 hour reception! The facilities were kept clean and in working order, even though being a pretty large place. They have a large kitchen and dining/hangout room which helps you to not feel crowded. The building is very beautiful and in an excellent location; just a few minutes walk to museums, Hyde park, and monuments!

• 17th Dec 2013

It's my second time staying in Hyde Park. I have to say I love it so much. For those who wants to live in the central London with a reasonable price. This is definitely your choice. :)

Loved the place! Great service! Great ammenities! Small bathroom! Would be great to have all female/ male rooms

Just be aware that there is no lift to the upper floors and the nearest station is a little bit of a walk but otherwise great experience

• 7th Dec 2013

Great hostel in a beautiful historical building. Clean, well organized, with a nice lounge room. And amazingly friendly and helpful staff. Totally recommend this!

• 5th Dec 2013

Very helpful staff! Location good but Look elsewhere, the hostel is NOT worth the price at all!! Way to expensive for a private room when you can stay in decent hotels for a cheaper price. Security not so good considering our door was left wide by housekeeping all day!

• 3rd Dec 2013

A perfect hostel for a night in London. The location is great, near two tube lines, Imperal College, The Royal Albert Hall, and Hyde Park. The bathrooms are quite clean, and the bedrooms very clean. There is a free breakfast, but it is rather basic. The common room is quite large and comfortable. The showers are hot and strong. The computers are expensive to use the internet on. The staff are very friendly. Try to ask for a room near the ground floor, it's a long way up to the top!

Very good value for the money. Very small rooms but I think is common in London. Very nice location, safe zone with lot of embassies and museums. But a little bit far from Oxford street or Convent garden (for foot walk), but really close to Harrods or other Museums. It depends on what you want to do in London.

Great hostel in good location. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend this hostel and would stay here again. Excellent facilities and atmosphere.

I loved it at Astor! I stayed there by myself in a 6 mixed-bedroom dorm which was on the 5th floor, with no lift, but it was totally fine. The lounge room and kitchen are cleaned twice a day, and it is always spotless! People were so friendly and the wifi was awesome. I have nothing bad to stay! I will stay here again when i'm back in London!

• 20th Nov 2013

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay! We are always happy to help and keep up with things. Unfortunately the building is considered culture heritage, thus we cannot put any lift but we will be happy to help you with your luggage! We hope to see you again next time you visit London take care and enjoy your travels!

One thing that many reviews haven't emphasized is how poor the location is in terms of mobility. Yes, it's in one of the wealthiest parts of the city, but the metro is a far walk and there are no cheap eats around, only really posh restaurants. Staff were friendly, and the facilities weren't horrible. But there are no power outlets by your bed, and they are so weak that they barely charge your phone or laptop. I wouldn't say it's a bad hostel, but I will say there are better options out there.

Absolutely amazing! (And no, I don't work for Astor). I truly believe this is the best Astor out of all of them. The building is gorgeous, there is plenty of space everywhere, the location is superb. Seriously, I'd rather stay here than getting a flat somewhere in London.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

I rated the location as average because it's not near a subway station, which is essential in London, but it is located near Hyde Park, and in a very nice neighbourhood, which gives great options to walk around, specially if you're not on a hurry.

All members of the staff were excellent. They helped me with any question or issue I had (including helping me remove a bit of rubber from my iPod headphone jack). They all live there, which makes them a bit chummy and hard to distinguish from travelers, but they're incredibly friendly. The directions provided online are not very good if you're unfamiliar with the way London street numbering works though, so take note and find an alternate map if you're navigationally challenged like I am.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are always happy to help and we are always available for any assistance. We are currently updating our directions on our website to make sure it is not a mission for travelers to locate the hostel. Enjoy the rest of your trip and we hope to see you soon!

- The breakfast is not good, ery poor and the costumerneed to do everything; - The bathrooms inside the rooms are very dirty and disorganized; - I was in the room, 43 suggest placing a label stating what is the plug that lights the bathroom because turning off the wrong light, can cause discomfort for whom this inside the bathroom. - I think the rooms also need plugs near the beds. All of them are close to the mirror and it is difficult when you need to charge a cell phone for example.

A hostel that is so comfortable you can stay a while. Fantastic location, kitchen

It was lovely to have you stay with us for a while. Thank you for all your kind words. Our kitchen provides with all the facilities for cooking and dining and most importantly, it is the meeting point for all young travelers who enjoy socializing and partying. We hope to see you again soon, take care and have fun on your trip! :-)

Location is really good, right next to Hyde park. The staff are friendly and helpful and always around which is good. Marked down on cleanliness because the plumbing broke while we were there and our room smelt to sewage. I think we should have all been moved out of the room because of the smell but someone just came and sprayed airfreshener. Also the smoke alarms went off at 2am and again at 3. This seemed to be a regular occurrence and should probably be fixed

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Helpful staff, clean rooms, hot water in the shower and comfortable beds.

Your good words are the reward for our hard work! We are always happy to help and meet guests and we are always available for you for any assistance. It was really nice meeting you and we hope to see you again in the future. Safe travels!

it was very nice and friendly, clean rooms and baths, excellent atmosphere and staff. no complaints just happy smiles all around and will recommend