Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

my boyfriend and I stayed in astor for 2 nights, we stayed in the 10 bed room. everyone (staff and room mates) was nice, easygoing and really polite. the hotel is clean, in a nice place, close to the bus stop, etc. the breakfast was "free" but really good - bread, jam, juice, cereal -. the only thing was about the shared bathroom in the morning, but it not a reason to not stay there, when you book a room like that you may expect this kind of things. loved the whole experience, amazing hostel!!!

• 23rd Jun 2014

Quiet hostel with friendly staff. Beautiful area right next to hyde park. Only downsides were that it is quite far from the tube 10-15 minute walk and the bathroom wasn't clean however when 10 people are sharing thats a given.

Through the years of visiting this hostel over and over again I can tell you that they have improved a lot in 5 years! The hostel is better organized now and things have gone simpler in a good way.

Extremely warm and friendly staff, clean and comfortable dorms, my belongings and I felt perfectly safe. Its location is my favourite thing about this place; only a stones's throw away from Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park and a comfortable walk/bus ride away from all the tourist spots. I'll probably never even consider any other hostel in London.

location was not that great. 15 min walk from the nearest tube. staff was either a hit or a miss.

Recommend to stay in London! Clean

I would have never expected such a high quality hostel for this money! Very clean (I mean VERY - in all of my over ten years hostel experience, the cleanest one ever), always available friendly staff, very decent breakfast (unlike poor expectations when reading the comments) and great location - right next to Victoria and Albert Hall and V&A museum and underground stations. Highly recommend!

The biggest problem was that 4th floor is too far without an elevator, so no real issues here :)

I stayed in a double room with an ensuite. The only down side was the room and bathroom were really small. The staff were excellent and able to help us with any questions we had. The location was excellent; it is walking distant to The Natural History Museum, Kensington Palace

The hostel was a well placed hotel near hyde park in a very safe location. The Staff were helpful when needed. Atmosphere seemed like a lot of people working there or not willing to socialize, which was weird so not great if you're looking to meet a lot of people. But a nice accomodation to have a bed for a night.

Very nice hostel, very good location. Friendly and helpful staff. Bed mattress was very worn out and did not sleep nice. Breakfast could be earlier than 8, as we had day trips 2 of the mornings and had to leave before breakfast. Also, when you get there at 8, it is total mad rush and it is difficult to get a seat.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Friendly reception staff, I had to cut my trip short by a day and this went on smoothly and I was promptly refunded. Dorm was well maintained.

This is one of e. Best hostels I've ever stayed in. Cool staff, great facilities, and lots of fun trips for the people who stay there. I will definitely stay with Astor again in the future and highly recommend it to all travelers.

Staff was very helpful at giving suggestions places to go and directions. There was an incident in our room, which we were given our own room for the next two nights. I personally would not stay there again but it was a nice place.

The hostel is nothing special, good central location though and this drives the price up (somewhat excessively). The bathrooms were small and grimy and didn't drain well, which was gross, especially when sharing with 5 other people! The staff were nice but very particular about rules such as where you can leave your luggage. Having left luggage at the bottom of two very steep and narrow staircases is quite frankly, stupid and dangerous, especially when no one will help you with your bags.

Ive stayed at Astor Hyde Park before and it is always a pleasure! So incredibly easy to get from Heathrow Airport and located in beautiful South Kensington! Free breakfast is always a bonus!

• 12th Jun 2014

The hostel, staff, and other visitors were fantastic. Having breakfast everyday free was very nice, as was the lounge. The only problem I had was our shower not draining properly and our bathroom floor always being soaked. The location was great and I had an awesome time in London

• 12th Jun 2014

Loved this Hostel!! Stayed here for 7 nights (solo traveller) in June and couldn't really fault it. Free breakfast was good, staff were friendly and helpful, really clean and located a 5-10min walk to the tube station with 3 different lines. The kitchen, dining and lounge areas were a BIG PLUS and were large, well equipped and great for meeting others. I would certainly recommend Astor Hyde Park to anyone travelling to London and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Kind staff and close to Hyde park.

My first hostel so I have nothing to compare it to. That being said I enjoyed my stay and the staff was super friendly. Location is a bit far from central London, the closest subway is 15 minutes away. On the other hand it is next to Hyde Park which is a nice walk.