Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Super convient location 5 minute walk away from Hyde park, Victoria & Albert Museum, and the Natural History museum. Free breakfast of toast and cereal, they only ask for donations to the homeless. The dorms themselves are cleaned daily and have large lockers underneath the beds. The have lots of things available to rent at the front desk, they only ask for a deposit. Internet was a bit spotty in the dorm, but they had lots of public space available to hang out in. Really great hostel!

Excelent experience...Excelent hostel

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Chile

The hostel is really nice, the staff were very helpful too. They have free padlocks and adapters to borrow at reception, and a really nice common area to relax. The hostel is quite big, with 5-6 floors, what can be a little bit tough if you get any room in the 4th floor, so is better to be prepared to climb some stairs haha. Totally recommend though!

• 31st Dec 2014

Hello, Thanks for the review! We are glad you took advantage of all the services we offer. Reception is here 24 hours and always willing to help with a smile! If you ever need help taking your bags up and down please let the reception know, we would be more than glad to help you with your bags! Can't wait to see you again! Enjoy the rest of your travels, lots of love from Astor Hyde Park

My stay was awesome. Great location and close enough to shops and transport. Would stay again for sure!

Hi there, Thanks for the review!! We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Can't wait to have you stay with us again! Enjoy the rest of your travels, The team @ Astor Hyde Park xx

Great location, though a bit far from tube station (around 20min by foot) but bus #10 very convenient and close to hostel. Hostel and neighbourhood very safe. Rooms are large. Large lockers under beds to store suitcase. Staff very friendly. Excellent wifi access. Atmosphere was good but not extraordinary. One small drawback: no light and no plug beside beds. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Really happy with the staff-very friendly, great service. Loved the location, everything clean and well managed.

Our stay was great and we made friends with some local hostel folk also which was also a bonus. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful with everything we required, they really made the atmosphere fun & homely. About a 45min stroll into the heart of the hustle and bustle (BUT WORTH IT AS YOU WALK THREW A BEAUTIFUL PARK) The hostel was located closely to restaurants, shops and train stations. Would defiantly recommend this hostel to anyone. Thanks for the great times Astor Hydpe Park !

Hi there, Thanks for the awesome review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves in offering a home away from home to our guests. We can't wait to have you stay with us again and welcome you back to our house. All the best! The team from Astor Hyde Park xx

Great Hostel in one of best parts of London. I have been visiting Astor HP for more then a year now and in my opinion it is one of the best places to stay in the town. All staff are friendly and welcoming. I always feel like I'm part of the Astor family.

Well-located, in a really nice building, confortable rooms and living room, nice staff. I felt at home.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!! Hope to have you back next time you're in London! Lots of love from the Astor Hyde Park team xx

Enjoyed my time here but it was a bit of a shock coming from a big house in Cornwall to hostel life! A few minor things that could improve guest experience - there was no reading light by the beds and no power outlets near the top bunks that i could see. Lockers in rooms would be great too. Location is very close to Hyde Park but it's a bit of a hike - 10/15min, from the nearest tube station (South Kensington or Gloucester Rd) Staff were excellent and the 50p breakfast great too

The hostel was pretty ideal. I did think the bathroom floors could've used a bit more scrubbing as they seemed gross and filled with mildew in the cracks. Also, might have been some mold on the ceilings, but not an overly noticeable amount. The showers are very small and in the rooms - I prefer hostels with showers in hallways as you don't have to worry as much about waking people up.

• 27th Dec 2014

I've stayed at hostels in more than 40 countries and I can honestly say this is one of the best ones.It's located in one of the nicest neighbourhoods in London.Rooms are spacious,clean,with private bathrooms.There's a really nice lounge where you can relax and if you're travelling on a budget, you can use the kitchen with all the facilities 24/7.The staff are very friendly and helpfull, special thanks goes to Dan for being super nice and always helping me with everything.Definitely recommend!

Hello, Wow! Thanks for the awesome review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here! As well thank you for taking advantage of all the services we offer! We put them in place to ensure your stay is that much better!! Our staff is always here smiling and ready to assist you in any way possible! Thanks for the kind words! We can't wait to see you again. Lots of love from Astor Hyde Park xx

Awesome stay in Astor Hyde Park, the rooms were clean, good location, pubs and underground nearby, and what we enjoyed the most was the staff, very helpfull and funny :)

• 25th Dec 2014

The hostel was nice, clean, and adequate. It was very far from a metro which was a little annoying but very close to a consistent bus stop and bike rental so all was well in the end. Personally, I wouldn't stay here again only because I wasn't blown away where I feel there isn't better options in London yet I wouldn't say you shouldn't stay here! It's a good hostel and with a fair price. Yup.

Best hostel in London! Enough said. Located in my favourite suburb, Hyde Park as a backyard garden is just priceless. Special mention to the kitchen open 24h providing free tea, coffee and milk and to the always helpful staff. Dan is awesome!

Hello, Thanks for the amazing review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves in being located so close to the amazing Hyde Park. I'm glad you took advantage of our coffee,tea and free breakfast! We are always here to help shall you need anything! You are a gem!! Can't wait to see you again, lots of love from Astor Hyde Park xx

1. The switch are quite far away from the bed, which I find it uncomfortable

Hello, Thanks for the review! Sorry that your bed was so far away from the switch! Next time please come to reception and if someone with a closer bed checks out we would be glad to change your bed for you for the next night. Hope to have you stay with us again soon. Lots of love from Astor Hyde Park xx

In general the Hostel is pretty good, the only problem is there are few energy points on the room. You gotta be really lucky to get a bed near a energy point e left you celphone charging during the night. The staff were very helpfull.

Our highlight of our stay was the staff, I think the guys name at the desk was Andy (?), but in any case he was super friendly and explained everything really well. The communal area was great too, great atmosphere. One complaint though, our door didn't close properly in our bathroom so that wasn't ideal.

• 22nd Dec 2014

I spent Christmas in this hostel and felt quite at home doing so. Like everything in London, this hostel isn't cheap, but it is worth the money spent. The cages beneath each bed were super convenient and larger than the lockers found in most other hostels. The common room and kitchen/dining room were great spaces for getting out of your room and meeting others. And the location was great! Hyde Park is beautiful and a very short bus ride away from the main center. I will definitely return.

Ok so this was my second stay for 5 nights in a 12 bed dorm. Preferred this to the 6 bed. If the hostel managers read these please take these suggestions! I know you probably can't put electric plugs near the beds but perhaps at least a little light for each bed? Would save a lot of crashing about at 4am. Electrical plug in the bathroom for a hairdryer would be nice. SHELVES more shelves pls in bathroom!!!! Otherwise great hostel, easy access to station, lovely safe area, gr8 staff, good kitchen

Hello, Thanks for the review and the repeat business. We greatly appreciate the feedback. We do read our reviews on a daily basis, and take all guest comments into consideration.These are historic buildings and unfortunately we are unable to place new wiring throughout. However, we can place more power outlets into the rooms! We have now gone into the 12 bed and done so. We hope to see you again soon!! Enjoy the rest of your travels! Lots of love from the Astor Hyde Park team!