Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

It was a nice time in this hostel! The breakfast was actually friendly and this charity donation is quite cool! The room was cleaned and the attention with the tea was greatly appreciated.

Hello, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We like to ensure our guests have a memorable time staying with us and are glad you felt that way. All our breakfast donations this month go to Nepal, we are constantly changing our donations to do our part to make the world a better place. Our cleaners work hard to ensure the building is top-notch and we are happy to see you were pleased with our cleanliness. We can't wait to see you again! Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

Great hostel in a prime location, stayed for 3 nights & the staff/facilities are top notch. Hostel runs events basically every night, big lockers located under the beds + smaller lockers for passports/credit cards in reception - can't really fault this hostel, always warm aswell.

Good location. 5 minute walk for Bus. 15 minute walk to tube. Kitchen is nice. 50p breakfast was nice and filling. The shower is a little small and cramped, but that is nitpicking. Rooms were clean. A very upscale neighborhood, so safety was never a concern. Overall a good location for the price. They also have a diverse and awesome music playlist that is played throughout the kitchen/lobby.

Had an amazing stay! The staff were all amazing. Haley, in particular, went above and beyond to make me feel at home.

• 27th Apr 2015

My stay at Astor Hyde Park was great! Loved the social atmosphere that encouraged all the guests to get together and the fun personalities of all the staff members. Everyone was extremely friendly and more than willing to help. Including when it came to picking up some mail that was mistakingly sent there! The rooms and all common areas were clean and comfortable. I will definately stay here again. Wifi was great! Shout out to Hailey for hosting an awesome drinking games night ;)

Great staff, they welcome you right in to their 'family'

I met some great people here and staff was amazing. Hailey and Paula were awesome help and very friendly. I'm sure the rest of the staff was awesome too but I didn't interact with them much. Common room was good, they had Netflix. Location was good. Close to Gloucester station to catch the tube and the bus nearby went straight to Heathrow airport which was cheap and convenient as my flight was at 7am.

Thanks for the amazing review! It was an absolute pleasure having you with us for a few days! Next time you are in London I will take you out salsa dancing for sure! Lots of Love, Paula and the Astor HP Crew xo

Great staff great ambience Area is great, but not very close to tube. Bike rental available right outside the doors which partially compensates. Staff very friendly, good ambience etc. Wi-fi needs a bit of work, especially in the later hours. Or perhaps provide ethernet ports?

• Malaysia

My favourite Hostel ever! The rooms and facilities were super clean and the staff were fantastic and helpful! This is the only place I would recommend in London. Breakfast was only 50p and they have everything you could possibly need available at reception.

• 27th Apr 2015

Hey there! Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate all the feedback. We loved having you stay with us and can't wait to welcome you back!! Enjoy the rest of your travels, Astor Hyde Park

What an amazing experience! This was my first time in a hostel and it truly felt like home. The staff were excellent, the facilities were top notch and the building was spotless. I really enjoyed the Mexican Dinner they hosted, it was a great place to meet travellers and socialise. If in London I highly recomend this property!! Thanks again for everything!!

• 27th Apr 2015

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff organises events daily and love that you enjoyed your self at it. During a stay we like to ensure all our guests feel as if they were at home. Relaxed and comfortable (: Hope to see you again real soon, Astor Hyde Park xx

This was my second stay at this hostel and I just love it. The common room and the kitchen were very spacious and had an extremely happy vibe to it which was great. I adored the piano in the common room but the poor thing is slightly out of tune. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful! There's always someone at reception which is brilliant but I don't envy the ones who have the night shift...Craig was great though and was always in such high spirits even in the early hours of the morning!

It was my first stay at hostel, but I was literally surprised, since I was waiting something worse. I think that it was great stay, everything was great, indeed! Our room was clean and nice. The biggest plus was that there was own shower and toilet facility in the room. Moreover, I really liked the idea with breakfast, but was really disappointed with some guests who just put their dishes into the sink and left! It´s shared kitchen so please be considerate to others!! But anyway, thanks a lot!

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Slovakia

The hostel was very nice. The staff was excellent and I was impressed by the security. The only downside was that in the mixed rooms there is only one bathroom so it made changing/showering etc difficult

• 24th Apr 2015

Felt at home there. Five stars recommends!

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • China

Hello, Thank you very much for the kind words! We loved having you stay here with us! We hope to see you again real soon and that you enjoy the rest of your travels. Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park

Loved my stay here! Was really easy to get to from Heathrow and close to the tube, so easy access to the whole city. Lots of restaurants and shops around but also great facilities, including a large kitchen to use. The staff were great, always happy to help with advice and recommendations. I have already booked in again from my next stay in London!!

Great lounge area. Easy to borrow (with deposit) locks and safe boxes for your valuables. Key card for rooms which felt safe. Cage under bed to store backpack. Bed was comfy enough. Breakfast 50p. Free wifi. Some things hard to find in kitchen, couldn't find microwavable jugs. Hot showers.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • ashleeangus

Hard-working and very friendly staff. They do everything to make the hostel your second home. The hostel itself is in the centre of London directly south of Hyde Park. Every important destination can be reached quickly via bus or metro. Greetings from Sebastian

• 21st Apr 2015

Very helpful staff! My bus was at night and I could have the chance to leave my luggages in the hostel all day and then, even took a shower before taking the bus. Very understanding staff!

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

I loved the idea of a 50p breakfast with all funds going to charity! (Although the food itself wasn't filling) Everyone was super nice, the particular bathroom for my room had a moldy shower curtain but other than that everything was exceptionally clean, one of the best hostels I've stayed at!

• 19th Apr 2015

Awesome place and amazing staff