Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Great stay at Astor!

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Astor Hyde park is definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed at while travelling through europe. The facilities are always clean and the building itself is beautiful. The staff are super friendly people and come from all over the world making it more of a global experience. The receptions also have a great knowledge off london and are willing to help with anything you need. I will be telling all my friends about this place and would suggest it to anyone and everyone!

Excellent location and felt very safe while I was there. Located in an absolutely beautiful Victorian townhouse and facilities were always very clean. Beds were comfy and I just liked this place overall!

Great friendly hostel, set in a leafy quiet street, would def stay here again.

• 26th Jun 2015

Great place for young people to stay. Best area in London, great staff, good facilities and cleanliness.

All I can really say about this place is, wow. What a wonderful experience I had while staying in this hostel for 2 weeks. The facilities are great, and the location is unbeatable. However, the staff are what really makes this hostel what it is. They are all beyond excellent, and some of the most fun and thoughtful people I have ever met. Stay at this hostel.

• 24th Jun 2015

The hostel was fairly average, the pictures make it look much nicer than it is. The staff at reception were very nice, but there really isn't much of an atmosphere for meeting other travellers at this hostel. Breakfast was just a basic thin bread and cereal situation.

The people that work here are extremely friendly and helpful. And it's in a great location! I stayed in a 10 person bedroom but I personally don't think there should have been more than 8 beds in the room. There was one connected bathroom for the 10 of us to all use which the toilet had no toilet button and the sink tap wouldn't stop running. There was only 4 power points in the room and the room was also extremely hot at night. I did someone else's room though and it was completely different.

The perfect location and the perfect cosy room. 24 hour access was extremely useful and it was good being able to drop our bags off early before we actually checked into our rooms. Totally brilliant stay and would choose that over a hotel any day! Thanks so much ^-^

• 23rd Jun 2015

Good location about 12 mins walk from Gloucester Road tube station, nice place, friendly staff, charity breakfast, though toilet was a bit smelly.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Location couldn't be better, and it's so nice that they have anything your need for hire. Makes for a really comfortable stay!

Stay was very helpful and the bed comfy!

I enjoyed my stay here. It wasn't loud, the staff were super helpful and rooms were clean. Only thing I disliked were the stairs. My room was on the fourth level and there is a level you have to go through before you even get to the first. And the kitchen is in the basement so trecking six flights of stairs was pretty rough but I suppose good exercise.

• 19th Jun 2015

very nice staff, decent location (there are bus and train stops practically everywhere so no location is horrible). only complaint was that in our 10 bed room there was only one area in the room where there were outlets for charging and the bathroom floor was usually wet for the entire day after people showered and it made it a little uncomfortable to sit in water when using the toilet. overall would reccommend!!

Hi! Thanks for the review! So pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Please note that we are currently in the process of having individual lights and power sockets for each bed! They should be ready for your next visit! Our rooms are serviced everyday however if you ever need additional cleaning services please let us know at reception. We'll fix the issue asap! See you next time in London! Lots of Love, Astor HP xo

I had a really nice stay at astor hyde park. It's in such a beautiful location and I liked the breakfast in the morning. THey had a lot of information about pub crawls and free tours you can do. I did one of the tours through undiscovered and it was excellent. I just wish they had a bar attached to the hostel. It's a little bit easier to meet people when you are in a more social setting like that. Also I wish the outlets weren't in one spot. but overall I thoight it was a great hostel!

• 16th Jun 2015

Loved the place, one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at. The location is easy to find and a lovely part of london, and the building and rooms are beautiful.

10/10 would definitely stay again

Safety, location, and staff are all really great! I'm not sure how good it is for meeting people but it's a good place for an affordable stay.

• 15th Jun 2015

I loved staying here. The stairs are a killer but for the location and cost it was amazing.

• 14th Jun 2015

Excellent place to stay. Staff were super helpful and polite and friendly throughout my time there. The atmosphere was wonderful with the staff and the other guests. The shared spaces were vibrant and everyone seemed totally open to meeting new folks. Thanks team!

• 14th Jun 2015