Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

I have been to lots of hostels in London but this is one of the bests!

Hello, We are thrilled you had an exceptional stay with us! We are always trying to ensure our guests have the best hostel experience staying with us!! We appreciate the kind words and can't wait to see you next time you're in London!! Enjoy the rest of your travels! The team @ Astor Hyde Park

Oh Dear, where do I start? Saying that Astor Hyde Park is the best hostel in London would be both reductive and cliché. Located in the poshest area in London (yes, you are technically Prince Harry's neighbour), AHP will allow you to live the life of a Thackeray character for the budget of a Dickens character. The staff is adorable for the most part (don't be shy and read Dan, the try-hard-sassy current manager for filth), the place is über safe and so clean you could eat on the floor. Enjoy!

the place is amazing in comfort and commodities, also the staff was awesome, polite and eager to help or simply chat with you.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Hello, We're glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. Our staff is always here to help whenever you need it! We pride our self in being of the coziest and cleanest hostels in London. Can't wait to have you stay with us next time you're in the city. All the best, The team @ Astor Hyde Park

The staff was very much a clique. They dominated the atmosphere in every way. But maybe it was just this current staff. They were, also, really rude about breakfast. Breakfast is from 8-10 and at 10 you are kicked out of the kitchen. Because they have to "clean". After they all sit and have breakfast together, of course. I'm sure they isn't any better time to clean a communal kitchen then from 10-11:30 in the morning. So, I won't be staying here again but it might be others cup of tea.

Thanks for your feedback! At Astor HP we pride ourselves on having one of the cleanest hostels in London. All of our common area's are cleaned more then three times per day to ensure that cleanliness is up to standard for our guests. We apologies if our cleaning schedule affected your stay with us however we just want to make sure everything is perfectly clean for your stay. We hope to see you again next time you are in London. Lots of Love AHP

The best hostel I've stayed in london

Very clean and secure place. Not really a central location. But London is HUUUGE. Kind of expensive for a hostel. Definitely not a party place, if you a are looking for it. But I guess the best place to stay for a shirt period.

Nice hostel in a good location for imperical college

Really enjoyed my stay. Everyone was lovely

• 25th Nov 2014

Lovely spacious rooms. Very clean and tidy. Staff were not always that helpful and could be rude at times, but that seems to be the trend in London. Fantastic location. Could have quite happily stayed longer than what I'd booked for.

Amazing hostel! Excellent location and facilities! Breakfast was .50 and all proceeds went to charity! Rooms spotless and cleaned daily, would definentely recommend this hostel! Special thanks to Victor and Dan for making my stay that much better! See you guys next time I'm in London!!

- The sheets weren't totally clean, they had a few stains; - The room was much smaller than what we saw on the pictures; - And they forgot to leave towels in our bedroom.

The location is good, there are buses near by and a 10 minute walk to the nearest underground station. The staff sometimes appeared to be impatient with occasional doubts and troubles with communication. There are lots of stairs if you are carrying heavy bags. There are also lots of space areas to hang around. The kitchen is great.

Very great team with cool and kind people ready to help. Thank you guys, we trully appreciate your service and your hostel! A bientôt!

• 22nd Nov 2014

The only thing that bothered me was that the breakfast was advertised as free on hostelworld and they even advertised it as free on the bed cards. But when I got to the Hostel, I was told it was a fifty pence donation to charity, and I rarely kept fifty pence on me so I only had breakfast the last day which was disappointing. But other than that the staff was quite helpful in answering my questions.

My stay at Astor hyde park was lovely, staff were extremely friendly and helpful and my ten bed dorm was great. The hostel provides cages under the beds so I was never worried about security. Would recommend to anyone.

Spacious rooms, nice staff, great lounge area. Free wifi and lots of plugs in rooms. Perhaps bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner but overall fine. Location wasn't quite as central as I'd hoped and metro was at least a ten minute walk. Not bad though as the walk was pretty and once in the metro you can get anywhere! Would stay here again, overall nice experience.

we loved everything except for the mattress of the bed - it was terrible and gave us back aches. other than that, everything was perfect!

Overall, pretty decent stay. The hostel was clean and the staff friendly and helpful, but the general atmosphere of the place was more chill/lounge than a party place, which can be either an advantage or disadvantage depending on what you are looking for. I disliked that the Pub Crawls didn't start from the hostel, but you actually had to get yourself to the meeting point. Also, there was an error made by the staff when they gave my bed away to a new guest while I was gone; solved quickly, tho.

My stay at Astor Hyde Park was very nice. The staff at the hostel was incredibly helpful and nice. Loved the common room and the living areas, which had from fussball to a piano. The atmosphere at the hostel is incredible, I enjoyed my stay there and I wish I could have stayed longer.

Breakfast area could be more organized (where you find the cup, sugar etc.)