Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Nice place. As expected, it was a bit noisy but with a good pair of earplugs, it was manageable. The bed was clean and comfy. The only thing I was a bit disappointed with was the shower which had very poor water pressure.

The hotel was dirty and far away from any underground station. There was mold on the ceiling of our bathroom. The one good thing was the bed was very comfortable. The rest of the hostel as far as cleanliness and atmosphere was average or below average.

I had a great stay at Astor Hyde Park! The staff were exceptional! On my first night I had one other roommate in my dorm, and after 2 hours of him snoring like a drunk dragon, I went down to reception to ask to change rooms. They were able to move me without any issue, at 2am!! The breakfast is 1 pound and goes to charity, and is just the usual cereal and toast. The hostel is a bit of a walk from underground train stations, but this more annoying than a truly negative thing. Thanks Astor!!

Great location . The Underground was not that far away & buses are close ! Staff was great , usually smiling & asking to help . Manager Manuel is the coolest guy ! As well as other front desk help .

Very clean and located in really nice neighborhood next to Hyde park. A bit expensive for a hostel, but that's London in general I guess. Staff were great, and the hostel puts on fun events every night.

One of my favourite hostel stays ever. Staff are all incredibly friendly, young people who host group events and hang out with guests, giving the place an incredible atmosphere. If you're quiet and want to keep to yourself, this may not be the place for you. A stone's throw from Hyde Park and the Natural History and V&A museums, which are all MUST SEE in London. Comfortable beds and lounge with Netflix, perfect for recovering from the night before!

The staff were great ! Manuel was exceptional and amazing. Hostel is located in a very safe area and very easily accessible to all over London via public transport. Would sugggest that the events organised by the hostel run on time and as planned. Kept 2 nights off for hostel events only to be told late in the evening that it was cancelled / delayed.

Astor hyde park is an amazing place for young travellers. The staff are very nice and kind. I am from China, I highly recommend it for people from asia.

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • China

I don't have any complaints. The Santander was awesome and very helpful and friendly... I'd def stay here again. Wish I was there for more than one night. :)

Excellent and clean faculties, staff make the atmosphere better than could have expected. A real must for anyone planning to stay in London. I am looking forward to making another booking soon.

• 1st Nov 2015

Nice hostel that served its purpose well. I was in London for the weekend to meet a friend. The atmosphere seemed a bit quiet and low key, but that might have been because I stayed in late October. Everything was tidy and the bunks were fairly comfortable. The downside is that you can't sit upright in the bottom bunks. I liked that there is storage underneath the bunk that could fit my entire 60L backpack and be locked. Padlocks are also free but require a refundable deposit. I would stay again.

The hostel is located in 10 to 15 min walk from the nearest station and the supermarkets were only in tube station. It was a bit inconvinient. The toilet sink was too small. It was a bit dirty in general partly cuz of users in the room but wasn't tidy satisfactorily as well. But the staffs were very kind and always try to be helpful and smiley. And the cinema room was good.

Really enjoyed my stay here! It was in a great location and the staff was extremely friendly, helpful and fun. Atmosphere was good; they had activities and things to do planned each night it seemed, and had other things they could assist in setting up for you. The breakfast wasn't anything special (toast, juice, coffee, tea, and cereals) but it only £1 with all proceeds going to charity, so can't complain much. Overall I had a blast staying here and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

We had a great stay at Astor Hyde Park. The staff is very kind, helpful and know a lot of the city. It's located in a very nice neighborhood with some good pubs and resturants. We met a lot of cool people from all around the world. A hostel with a friendly atmosphere. You can have breakfast for just 1£ & every night there is a "event" at the hostel. We pretty sure coming back one day.

Very helpful stuff, very quiet atmosphere (no crazy drunk people, no screams at night which is a real surprise). The only inconvenience that storage is on the ground floor and if you have a heavy luggage it's a bit a problem.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Russia

It is the best hostel I went on this trip .The location is very good. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff is the best. All very friendly and funny . If you go to Astor you need to know Mendi. He works on the staff is spectacular. Nico also works on the staff, for me one of the best. He will recommend the best things to do and is always available for whatever you need, is very friendly and helps you in everything you need, If you go to London you have to go to Astor Hyde Park.

The hostel is great, very comfortable and clean. Everything was as it is described in the pictures.The staff is really helpful and kind, Pablo and Nico were the best! They were so friendly!

• 28th Oct 2015

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff were great. The set up is great and is designed so other travelers get to meet each other. It is very cozy. I loved the location too. It's right on the Piccadilly metro line which takes you to train stations and bigger tourist attractions. The only thing that I didn't like was that I couldn't charge my phone over night because I was on a top bunk in the middle of the room with no outlets available (I like to charge my phone overnight).

Prime location to be. Easy access to tube stations, loads of buses, and a quick stroll to Hyde Park which is absolutely stunning. There was a movie premiere literally right around the corner while we were staying here too, which was cool. Only one bathroom for the 10 bed dorm, and no other shared bathrooms throughout the floor which was kind of a bummer. Always saw staff cleaning, and were very apologetic when the radiator in our room was dripping and immediately fixed it.

I had a great time at the Astor Hyde Park hostel. The staff was friendly and incredibly helpful at all hours.

• 26th Oct 2015