Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

nice place

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Staff in this hostel deserves for applauds. They are very kind, well trained, not urgent, in positive meaning.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Poland

Best Hostel ever. Friendly and helpfull staff, really well located, good beds and communal area. Only one things is the lack of sockets and that the bathrooms are inside the rooms.

This hostel was great! It was a far walk from the main areas I visited, but it was in a really great area of London that I had never seen before. The washing machine broke while we were doing laundry on our last night, so we had to haul our laundry to a laundromat about 10 minutes away! Wasn't much the staff could do about it until the next day, but it would have been nice if they could have paid for the laundromat dryer since it was a lot pricier. Great atmosphere here though and clean.

- The location is good if you manage to use the right bus, and stop at the right bus stop. Use the underground to get to the hostel might be a little bit tricky. - I was a little disappointed with my room because i felt i was assigned to the worst room of the Hostel. The bathroom smell really bad. And we didn't have enough outlets to charge our phone in the room. Have to go to the common area where everybody else were also trying to charge their phone/ cameras.

Astor is a pretty cool hostel. I unfortunately got stuck in a room with 8 sorority sisters so only hung out with one other backpacker. Free wifi which is awesome and comfy beds!

A paradigm of effective Hostel management. While the internet wasn't extremely fast it was reliable, which is a real networking feat for hostels with dozens of devices connected at once - I've only ever been to a few hostels which have managed this. They also really helped me out with something I needed to mail to the hostel. Very comfortable beds, too. Only real downside was that like all of London it wasn't very good value for money.

Everything was fine by me

• 17th Aug 2014

Staff was helpful, location was excellent, a few of the toilets were broken, my room was pretty messy but that's not their fault, it was the girls staying there

Very nice hostal I liked it...!! Definitely if I am travelling once again to London I am staying in the Astor Hyde Park again.

Great place, staff and facilities

Great hostel, my girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at the Astor Hyde Park in London. Very clean and well-run place. The metro is a bit a walk (maybe 15 mins away), but there is a bus stop thats closer so you can use that too.

Very quiet and comfortable place :)

I had an enjoyable stay at the hostel. The staff was friendly, the showers didn't flood, and the lockers were very convenient (they were located underneath the bed). The staff was very lenient as they allow you to use the lockers by their offices if you need to check out and leave some things behind (you'll need your own lock).

• 10th Aug 2014

Great location and facilities. Staff were ready to help and answer any questions/concerns that arose. The tube station (South Kensington) closest to the hostel was about a 10 minute walk. The tube located on the Piccadilly line, provided easy access to London Heathrow airport and other main points in central London - very nice if you're in London for just a few days.

Love its location, very lovely!! I wake up quite early and was able to take a walk in the Hyde Park. It is also quite close to V&A Museum and Natural Sciences Museum, a wonderful place! Love its common area as well.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • China

Everything was perfect, the atention of the girls in the reception was great, 100% recomendable...

Best option ever! Hostel very well located and good staff.

• 6th Aug 2014

From the description of the hostel and the price I paid, I expected a better than average hostel but found it mostly average. Positive: Comfortable bed, clean linen, good water pressure in shower, nice staff in reception, close to Hyde park, could borrow adaptors and locks. Negative: No bedlights, sound from street, very basic breakfast after which you have to clean your own dishes, wi-fi not working in room, 10-15 min walk to tube.

This hostel is in the beautiful Kensington area, almost adjacent to Hyde Park. It's a bit of a walk to the tube. The atmosphere was a little lacking: the common room is more like a library in the evenings. The dorm was fairly spacious and clean, although some of the beds are awfully close to each other. Excellent and helpful staff.