Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Location is really good, right next to Hyde park. The staff are friendly and helpful and always around which is good. Marked down on cleanliness because the plumbing broke while we were there and our room smelt to sewage. I think we should have all been moved out of the room because of the smell but someone just came and sprayed airfreshener. Also the smoke alarms went off at 2am and again at 3. This seemed to be a regular occurrence and should probably be fixed

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Helpful staff, clean rooms, hot water in the shower and comfortable beds.

Your good words are the reward for our hard work! We are always happy to help and meet guests and we are always available for you for any assistance. It was really nice meeting you and we hope to see you again in the future. Safe travels!

it was very nice and friendly, clean rooms and baths, excellent atmosphere and staff. no complaints just happy smiles all around and will recommend

The hostel is very conveniently located, which makes it a superb budget place to stay in London. Although I felt that some minor things like constantly clogged sink should be fixed. Plus prepare for a lot of stairs!!!

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Czech Republic

Thank you very much you enjoyed your stay with us. There is regular maintenance control happening in the building and the minor things as such have already been spotted and fixed. We hope to see you again and get more positive feedback that help us improve. Safe travels!

great hostel, stayed here before and came back again, seeing some improvements as well… great location

Thank you so much for choosing Astor Hyde Park once again! Always boasting off our amazing location in one of the best areas in London, we thrive for the best and we always work hard for improvement. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

This was a nice hostel with very friendly staff in a good, safe location in London. I was in a 12 bed dorm and whilst it wasn't the most comfortable of rooms, it was definitely clean enough. The building itself is quite pretty and atmosphere is good, especially if you are looking for a more quiet stay.

Thank you very much for staying with us and are really glad you had a good stay. We want to make sure that everyone has a comfortable stay and we always keep up pace with room structure to improve ourselves. We hope to see you soon on one of your next travels, enjoy the rest of your trip!

No elevator. If you get the fourth floor, go trained :P

Not very clean, pretty meager breakfast, and horrible wifi.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not find your room impeccably clean, we will investigate why your room was not perfectly clean and take action. We offer a wide variety for breakfast and we continuously take on customer recommendations so next time you're here you may be pleasantly surprised! As for our Wi-Fi, we were in the process of changing companies when you stayed with us and have now updated to the best gear. Safe travels!

Lovely staff as usual. All you could expect from a London youth hostel.

I wrote a review a few days back for Astor Hyde Park that was actually meant for Astor Quest so I'll start again... This is a brilliant hostel, can sometimes be a bit on the 'dear side' but it's super clean, lovely staff, the most comfortable duvets and great location.. Negative points are the stairs and if you're not in an en-suite, people don't really respect the 'only for room X' rule, however, the showers in shared are huge! They sometimes run out of paddlocks but all in all they're great...

Astor has been my favourite hostel in London so far! The staff are really nice and it's just got a good vibe. You can hang out all day in the common room or it is close to the station so you can go explore!

Amazing hostel, perfect location, great staff. I highly recommend for people who want to have fun in London

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Poland

Most amazing hostel I have ever stayed at! Everything about Astor Hyde Park was great! I would gladly recommand this hostel to anyone. Fantastic location, great staff, amazingly clean!

• 29th Oct 2013

2nd time I've stayed here... Lovely staff, good location, bit of a small room, was quite difficult to comfortably unpack or even open suitcase.... Nice room mates this time round :) Bathrooms could be a little more maintained , good Wifi in sitting room... clean sheets ... and I saw the communal area being cleaned so am happy!

Spiders on the bed.

Probably the best hostel I've ever been! Great location and room, bathroom perfectly clean at all times. Nice and helpful staff. Definitely a place to return if needed!

• 28th Oct 2013
  • Portugal

The mattress in our room was probably the cheapest that could have been found. Unfortunately we felt every single spring and when someone was moving while sleeping, the springs were not overhearable. Appart from the mattress, the room was very clean and worth the money.

• 27th Oct 2013

The atmosphere was very friendly thanks to the staff and they are here for any questions you have. The building is really beautiful but no lift...I had 2 enormous bags and my back is still very angry at me... The rooms are fine. Most of them are ensuite. If not you have a bathroom in the corridor PER room so quite good. Nice common room with couches and tv. Breakfast very basic though and wifi very slow. Not a "party hostel" (good for me as I'm working and was just here before moving in a flat)

3 nights at a good safe location, not the cheapest or hippest, but at least the sheets were clean

• 27th Oct 2013

Home atmosphere and very fun to stay with, although walls are made of paper :)

• 26th Oct 2013