Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

loved everything! The staff was very friendly.

• 8th Jun 2015

This was my first time staying at a hostel and after my stay at Hyde Park I can't wait to stay in another! The staff were all awesome, super friendly and informative. The location was ideal and the accommodations were clean. Overall a great place to stay and a fun place to meet people on your travels! I would definitely stay here again = )

• 8th Jun 2015
  • US Virgin Islands

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! So thrilled that you choose AHP for your first hostel experience! We absolutely loved having you here with us! Can't wait to see you next time you're in London. Lots of Love and safe travels! Astor HP Crew xo

Great place to stay! Staff were especially awesome, all of them are young and like minded like the backpackers.

Thanks for the amazing review! We loved having you with us for your stay in beautiful London! Can't wait to see you again! Safe travels, Astor HP xo

This hostel is in a great location. It is only a short walk from the Kensington Gardens! The staff was friendly and helpful. Compared to some other hostels I stayed in on this trip, it wasn't as aesthetically pleasing, but it was comfortable and clean. I do wish that the electrical outlets had been near the bed and it would be great if they had reading lights. The best thing about the rooms was the basket under the bed. I could fit all of my things in it and then lock it.

I was VERY pleased with Adtor Hyde Park. The staff was excellent and very helpful!

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Good location, pretty average place with a bunch of stairs and no elevator!

​Hello! Thanks for leaving us a review. Glad to hear that you loved our amazing location and building. Due to the building being so beautiful we are unable to have an elevator however our friendly and helpful staff are always available to help you take your bags up! Safe travels, Lots of love Astor HP

Enjoyed my stay. Nice place. Only bad part was all the stairs!

Stayed in a 6 bed coed. 3 sets of bunk beds with lockers under the bottom bed. The bathroom was better then I expected and you could close the door to the bedrooms. Only thing k would fix it putting the outlets by the bed. They were on the open wall in the room.

• 5th Jun 2015

Our expectations. Thanks for being awesome! The £1 charity breakfast is a great idea and the rooms and facilities in general were really good.

• 4th Jun 2015

I liked the stay...I stayed for an official trip and was wondering if I was wrong choosing a hostel..the people who stayed with me where lovely and location, rooms were good. Would stay here again..

• 4th Jun 2015
  • India

Good location, cool building and clean hostel. Staff were great when we checked in, but otherwise rude and distant from guests in the kitchen. Breakfast is very average. The biggest problem we had was being in a 10 bed dorm with an ensuite, this was super inconvient and meant we were always waiting for the shower, the sink or the toilet. There was also only 4 power sockets for a 10 bed dorm. It was very hot in the rooms too, poor circulation.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amazing location! We are sorry to hear about your thoughts on our charity breakfast. It's a cont​antential breakfast which costs just £1 with all the proceeds currently going to the Nepal Victims. Thanks for your feedback and please note that we are currently in the process of installing new sockets and personal lights for each bed! Woo! Safe travels, Astor HP xo

Bed was comfy, bathroom was nice and staff was helpful. Lovely building. Probably a ten minute walk from the tube which felt like a very long way at the time. There's no wifi in the rooms which they said was because they wanted people to socialize. I didn't want to socialize, I was exhausted and wanted to watch Netflix in bed until it was time to sleep. So they get an extra minus for that. Also the room was very hot and stuffy in the morning.

Astor Hyde Park was a fabulous hostel to stay in for my 3 night stay. They provided you with everything you needed, and entry to the hostel 24/7. The staff were from all around the world, very knowledgable and helpful, as well as outgoing and friendly, making you feel welcome. There was a movie on in the lounge each night for anyone who wanted to stay in, with comfortable couches and seating, which made it easy to get to know others. Overall very clean and comfortable stay - would recommend!

As a solo woman traveler in a mixed dorm, I felt very safe & the staff always assisted me when I needed help or direction in the huge city of London. The hostel is located In a very safe neighborhood and a short underground ride (South Kensington/Gloucester Road) from the main attractions and sights. The hostel provided a charity breakfast in the morning and facilities were up to par (except there is not wifi in the rooms, only In the kitchen and the common room.) The hostel was fantastic!

Really nice hostel. A bit far from the tube station but nice facilities. Can hire out padlocks and adaptors etc unlike other hostels which just make you buy them

absolutely fabulous hostel! the staff were excellent, the location was perfect. Overall I reccomend this hostel 100%

The staff made it feel like a home. Paula who worked there was amazing and very helpful.

• 31st May 2015

Really, really good hostel. If you can get a good price (25 Euro and below), it is definitely worth staying here. Big spacious rooms and very enthusiastic staff.

The place is clean and. The location is great. The Staffs are so excellent and friendly. The 24 hours front desk make everything easier.

Wish there were outlet plugs near the bed for charging phones at night.