Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

The staff is kind and friendly, but the hostel is far from the underground station, you need to walk around 13mins to hostel. the hostel is no elevator, so you can imagine how hard when you need to move your luggage to/from 5th or 6th floor..., the breakfast is just ok, you need to wash the dishes by yourself. If you are a simple Backpacker, this is a good place for you, but if you need to shopping a lot and have more luggage, you have to choose other hostel.

Hey thanks for your Feeback. Sorry you did not enjoy our beautiful location! For your next visit there is a bus that leaves from the door of the hostel to the tube station that gets you there in around a minute! And we are always happy to help you after a big day of shopping to carry your bags! Have a wonderful time on the rest of your travels! Lots of love AHP

I had an enjoyable stay at Astor Hyde Park, the staff was very friendly. Definitely good value for money considering how expensive London is! One drawback though is the absence of a lift, i had to climb the stairs all the way to the 4th floor, other than that all was good.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

it was a very nice hostel, we enjoyed our stay in London and were happy to sleep at Astor hyde Park.

Super happy you had a great time with us! Looking forward to seeing you next time in beautiful London!

Location was nice, but not as close to the tube as expected. Initially staff where helpful, but on day 2 directions we were given were incorrect and caused us to go to the wrong area. Obviously it is London so bound to be more expensive and smaller than other hostels, but the bed was horrible, and the bathroom not super clean. Would not stay again.

Thanks for your feedback! Sorry you didnt enjoy our amazing location. There is a bus right outside the hostel which will drop you at the tube station within a couple of mins otherwise the short walk is just under 10 mins. We wish you all the best with your future travels! Astor HP

A very organized hostel with a very good atmosphere. They have a giant screen where everybody watches TV every night and it´s very nice to relax after a great walking day.

If i travel to London another time I repeat for sure!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Good value, nice to make deposits on things instead of having to buy. Staff was friendly when we got there, but only to the point of getting us what we needed and no interaction beyond that. Then new staff came and were very cool.

Hey thank you for your feedback! Indeed we believe in providing the best product at the cheapest price without the hidden extras to keep your stay simple and safe! Hopefully the next time you are here you get to meet the whole crew outside of work hours and do something fun! Enjoy the rest of your journey! AHP

Very nice hostel in a great location - one of the best that I've had the privilege of staying in. Friendly staff who are helpful in the face of uncertain travel plans. The one improvement I would suggest is that they monitor the inside of the lock rooms more closely. The reception remotely unlocks the rooms and can see people's faces as the door is unlocked, but I did not notice cameras inside the rooms, so once inside, anything can happen.

Was a lovely stay. You feel pretty spoilt being in the most gorgeous suburb in London close to parks and museums. The staff were super helpful too.

We hope you get to walk down the beautiful boulevard back to our hostel door some day soon! Have a great time in your next destination! The team at AHP!

Great stay here, pretty good location, good value for money for here in london! Everything was great

Good hostel with clean and safe rooms. The breakfast is well appreciated. Located a bit far from the main center, but next to an underground station.

Would stay there again - Hostel was superb. The only two negatives that I had were the bathroom in the one big dorm room did not have a working fan in the room and the hostel is a little bit of a hike to the metro (the blocks in the area are huge). However, this hostel was awesome, first time I had stayed in a hostel and it was a great experience. The breakfast was good with fresh bread every morning. Common room was also nice. Also this is right around all the embassies a block from Hyde Park.

Not the most exciting hostel I've stayed at, very chill atmosphere.

• 1st Sep 2014

Lovely place. Good location and very nice staff. The breakfast is not so good, but the place is very well located. Is not a real party place, but you can walk around and find some nice pubs.

Astor Hyde Park was my first time staying at a hostel and all measurable exceeded expectations. The staff were extremely friendly and I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who needs a cheap place in Kensington. Glad I made the decision to come here.

• 1st Sep 2014

Thanks for the positive feedback! We are so happy that your first experience at a hostel was with us! We hope to see you back here next time you are in London! Until then safe travels. Lots of love from the Hyde Park team!

i really liked this hostel. well actually I'm only booking at astor hostels hahah! Breakfast was good and stuff was really helpful and friendly. gonna be there again soon!

I absolutely enjoyed staying here! This was my first hostel experience! I was a bit nervous at first but the staff made me feel extremely welcome & safe. I met many amazing people and would hands down recommend this hostel to others!

• 30th Aug 2014

It's too low, the height of the first bed. The other thing, i'm very satisfied. :)

• 29th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

스탭들 친절하고 좋았어요. 근데 엘레베이터가 없어서 높은 층이면 좀 힘들어요. 저는 도착했을 때 여자스탭분이 남자분한테 부탁해서 제 짐이랑 다 제가 쓸 층에 올려다줘서 괜찮았는데 다 그런 것 같지는 않았어요. 조식도 괜찮았어요. 항상 든든하게 먹고 나왔네요. 그리고 공원 근처라서 좋았어요. 버스정류장도 근처라서 저는 메트로 안타고 맨날 버스타고 다녔어요.

My brother and I stayed here for one night before flying home, great staff and hostel. Maybe a little expensive and far away from the tube.

• 28th Aug 2014