Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

The best hostel I've stayed in london

Very clean and secure place. Not really a central location. But London is HUUUGE. Kind of expensive for a hostel. Definitely not a party place, if you a are looking for it. But I guess the best place to stay for a shirt period.

Nice hostel in a good location for imperical college

Really enjoyed my stay. Everyone was lovely

• 25th Nov 2014

Lovely spacious rooms. Very clean and tidy. Staff were not always that helpful and could be rude at times, but that seems to be the trend in London. Fantastic location. Could have quite happily stayed longer than what I'd booked for.

Amazing hostel! Excellent location and facilities! Breakfast was .50 and all proceeds went to charity! Rooms spotless and cleaned daily, would definentely recommend this hostel! Special thanks to Victor and Dan for making my stay that much better! See you guys next time I'm in London!!

- The sheets weren't totally clean, they had a few stains; - The room was much smaller than what we saw on the pictures; - And they forgot to leave towels in our bedroom.

The location is good, there are buses near by and a 10 minute walk to the nearest underground station. The staff sometimes appeared to be impatient with occasional doubts and troubles with communication. There are lots of stairs if you are carrying heavy bags. There are also lots of space areas to hang around. The kitchen is great.

Very great team with cool and kind people ready to help. Thank you guys, we trully appreciate your service and your hostel! A bientôt!

• 22nd Nov 2014

The only thing that bothered me was that the breakfast was advertised as free on hostelworld and they even advertised it as free on the bed cards. But when I got to the Hostel, I was told it was a fifty pence donation to charity, and I rarely kept fifty pence on me so I only had breakfast the last day which was disappointing. But other than that the staff was quite helpful in answering my questions.

My stay at Astor hyde park was lovely, staff were extremely friendly and helpful and my ten bed dorm was great. The hostel provides cages under the beds so I was never worried about security. Would recommend to anyone.

Spacious rooms, nice staff, great lounge area. Free wifi and lots of plugs in rooms. Perhaps bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner but overall fine. Location wasn't quite as central as I'd hoped and metro was at least a ten minute walk. Not bad though as the walk was pretty and once in the metro you can get anywhere! Would stay here again, overall nice experience.

we loved everything except for the mattress of the bed - it was terrible and gave us back aches. other than that, everything was perfect!

Overall, pretty decent stay. The hostel was clean and the staff friendly and helpful, but the general atmosphere of the place was more chill/lounge than a party place, which can be either an advantage or disadvantage depending on what you are looking for. I disliked that the Pub Crawls didn't start from the hostel, but you actually had to get yourself to the meeting point. Also, there was an error made by the staff when they gave my bed away to a new guest while I was gone; solved quickly, tho.

My stay at Astor Hyde Park was very nice. The staff at the hostel was incredibly helpful and nice. Loved the common room and the living areas, which had from fussball to a piano. The atmosphere at the hostel is incredible, I enjoyed my stay there and I wish I could have stayed longer.

Breakfast area could be more organized (where you find the cup, sugar etc.)

My first time in a youth hostel and it was absolutely fantastic. The guy on the welcome desk when I arrived was really lovely and chatty, the rooms were really clean and the bed was super comfy I had a great night sleep with little disturbance. Others in my room were friendly, the bathroom facility was good and breakfast in the morning was great too. Definitely reccomend this youth hostel as great connection to tube and museums!

• 14th Nov 2014

Nice location and neat area. The first day in London, we were able to walk to all the sites from the hostel.

fantastic hostel! the best I have ever stayed in! staff are really friendly, helpful and make you feel like part of family. Rooms are super clean and great facilities. Massive kitchen and movie room to chill out in. You can get padlock and adaptators at recepcion for a deposit! Free wifi and breakfast for 50p to charity! is amazing! I recomend to everyone! Thank for the awesome stay!!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Spain

The staff were really friendly and helpful and I liked the lounge common room, which is especially good for a cold rainy night in London (pretty usual) to watch some movies or just laze about with other guests. The included breakfast was decent and the beds were comfortable enough (just the pillows which are typically too small in most hostels). Overall, a good, clean and safe hostel in an excellent location, definitely recommended.