Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Perfect location. On the expensive side, but pretty normal for London. Common areas are fantastic, bedrooms are a little out of date. Could use lights and outlets by the beds. Nice building though, would definitely recommend it.

Everything about my stay at this hostel was amazing! Great location right next the Kensington Gardens and Royal Albert Music Hall. The only downside for me was the bathroom in the room. There must have been a leak or something because everything was wet. You also have to walk about ten minutes to get to the closest tube station. Other than that, my stay there was fantastic.

The staff were excellent, very welcoming! One of the staff even helped to cary our suitcases up, definitely thoughtful! The room I stayed in was on the 4th floor and it is quite a climb up, but nth unmanageable. The room was well equipped with kettle, heated towel rack and TV, but was a little dusty when I got there. Just a little wipe will do! Bed was very comfortable!

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Singapore

It was a very nice hostel. I was in a 6 bed dorm and had an ensuite. The place was clean. The kitchen was big and well equipped. Only downside was there were a lot of stairs to walk up to my room on the fourth floor, good exercise I though.

Hello hello! Thank you for take the time to leave a review! we're so glad to heard that you enjoy your stay with us as much as we enjoy with all of our guest! we're emplaced in an historical building so unfortunately we cannot installing a lift, but all our staff is more than happy to help you with your bags or anything that you need, and as you said is a good exercise!! Lots of love Astor HP team.

We have en suite bathroom in our 10 beds room. Best of all is that everyone has a socket -- it's very rare but important for us~ Though the location is not ideal (I accidentally booked it i/o Astor Victoria), the neighborhood is quite tranquil and safe. Bus stop is within 3~10mins walk which is very convenient.

Hey hey! Thank you very much for your comment! We're always working to ensure that your stay here is perfect! Our neighborhood is one of the more luxurys in all England and our hostel is just 2 mins walk from Kensinton Gardens and Hyde Park! The tube station is about 7 mins by walk and the bus stops as you said is just 3/5 mins walking and our staff is more than happy to help you with everything that you need to know to move arround London! Hope to see you again soon!! Lots of love Astor HP

The staff is great and really helpful, but I work in the customer service industry and I think it's important when your helping others to be aware of your tone of voice. A few staff members on different occasions would let me know how annoyed they were in their expressed and tone of voice. They didn't even have to say they thought my question was annoying, I saw and heard it all. I know it's tough when you're dealing with lots of people from all over. Just remember people are paying to stay.

• 18th Oct 2015

I literally only used this place for the bed to crash on, so I can't comment too much, but from the 2 nights I spent here it seemed pleasant enough. The lockers beneath the beds didn't feel like a particularly secure place to store my stuff though. Friendly staff.

Hey there! Thanks so much for your review! thank you for choose our hostel for stay in the lovely London!! The lockers under the beds can be secured with a padlock that you can rent in reception for just 5 pounds deposit! But if you think that you have something more value to leave it there you can use the lockers in recepcion or our luggage room for free!! hope to see you again soon! Lots of love Astor Hyde Park Team

Great hostel! Very organized, accommodating, and homey.

• 17th Oct 2015

Dreis and all the other staff members have been simply amazing. The quality of service provided by them, along with the atmosphere is very worthy compared to the price. The top three high scorse are as follow: Security, Kindness and Comfortability. I would personally recommend this hostel to anyone willing to have a nice staying in London, joining a place with people with a very positive attitude. I look forward to see you guys soon. Andrea Tempestini

• 14th Oct 2015

Stayed for one night in a private room with my boyfriend. Friendly and helpful staff upon arrival :) Room was sparkly clean, comfy bed and nice ensuite. We arrived late in the evening and check out was at 10am (bit too early for us) so didn't get chance to check out the kitchen or any other facilities, but walked past the living room which looked really cool... Projector TV!! 10 minute walk from the tube and the natural history museum. Had a great stay would definitely recommend!

• 14th Oct 2015

We had a private room. The staff were excellent; attentive, welcoming and very helpful. The room was nice (certainly the nicest youth hostel I have stayed in in London). It was warm, had a t.v. and After Eights with the kettle! The neighbourhood is really nice and there are some good (if expensive, but then it is South Kensington) shops nearby for food. It is really convenient for all of the nearby museums and for the tube and buses. I definitely recommend Astor Hyde Park for a stay!

• 13th Oct 2015

Best hostel in London! Will definitely come back :)

The staff was helpful, and it's definitely a good place to meet young travelers. However, our door didn't properly lock and our key didn't work to open it for the majority of our stay. The lockers were a good size, but be careful because the metal ripped part of my bag. The beds are really hard, and there weren't plugs anywhere near our beds. Overall, pretty average experience. The location is great, though.

I brought my own earplugs, but do you provide them? The music being played somewhere in the building carried somewhat and there was a horrific snorer in my room, so earplugs would be cool. If you do provide them, sweeeet!

Hey man! We appreciate so much your review! answering your question: yes we have earplugs in recepcion for anyone that wants to use it, you just have to come to visit us in recepcion and of course we going to help you in everything that you need and more that happy to do it!! we hope to see you again soon!! Take care till then!! Lots of love AHP

Great building with awesome staff. Lots of areas to relax after a long day of exploring the city.

The hostel is nice. There are services for different things. I didn't like the atmosphere since everybody was concentrated with their phones. In the living room, they put movies which makes it annoying when you want to talk with other people. The air circulating system operates just in certain moments which leave the bedrooms smelly, twice i felt this bad bathroom smell. In my bathroom there were men sport clothes hanging all my stay, and for sure it was not from one of the guys in the dorm.

It was a very nice stay, all the staff are wonderful people. The place was always very clean an the facilities are nice to.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Great hostel! Had an awesome stay here with my sister, the staff were really cool and there's a good atmosphere there for meeting other travelers, really homely. Rooms are clean and the location was perfect for us! Would definitely stay here again!

I couldn't close the window in the lounge downstairs. Because of this it was really cold and uncomfortable there! But I like the idea of the 'charity-breakfast'! Keep at it :)

• 9th Oct 2015

Friendly staff, perfect location and comfy beds! The Astor is a perfect hostel all around

• 9th Oct 2015

Hello hello!! thank you so much to take the time for leave us a review as good as this one!! We're so happy to hear that you enjoy your stay in our lovely hostel and in the awesome London as much as we did having you here!! We'll being so glad to enjoy with you again when you'll come back!! take care and safe travels till then!! Lots of love AHP