Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Well-located, in a really nice building, confortable rooms and living room, nice staff. I felt at home.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!! Hope to have you back next time you're in London! Lots of love from the Astor Hyde Park team xx

Enjoyed my time here but it was a bit of a shock coming from a big house in Cornwall to hostel life! A few minor things that could improve guest experience - there was no reading light by the beds and no power outlets near the top bunks that i could see. Lockers in rooms would be great too. Location is very close to Hyde Park but it's a bit of a hike - 10/15min, from the nearest tube station (South Kensington or Gloucester Rd) Staff were excellent and the 50p breakfast great too

The hostel was pretty ideal. I did think the bathroom floors could've used a bit more scrubbing as they seemed gross and filled with mildew in the cracks. Also, might have been some mold on the ceilings, but not an overly noticeable amount. The showers are very small and in the rooms - I prefer hostels with showers in hallways as you don't have to worry as much about waking people up.

• 27th Dec 2014

I've stayed at hostels in more than 40 countries and I can honestly say this is one of the best ones.It's located in one of the nicest neighbourhoods in London.Rooms are spacious,clean,with private bathrooms.There's a really nice lounge where you can relax and if you're travelling on a budget, you can use the kitchen with all the facilities 24/7.The staff are very friendly and helpfull, special thanks goes to Dan for being super nice and always helping me with everything.Definitely recommend!

Hello, Wow! Thanks for the awesome review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here! As well thank you for taking advantage of all the services we offer! We put them in place to ensure your stay is that much better!! Our staff is always here smiling and ready to assist you in any way possible! Thanks for the kind words! We can't wait to see you again. Lots of love from Astor Hyde Park xx

Awesome stay in Astor Hyde Park, the rooms were clean, good location, pubs and underground nearby, and what we enjoyed the most was the staff, very helpfull and funny :)

• 25th Dec 2014

The hostel was nice, clean, and adequate. It was very far from a metro which was a little annoying but very close to a consistent bus stop and bike rental so all was well in the end. Personally, I wouldn't stay here again only because I wasn't blown away where I feel there isn't better options in London yet I wouldn't say you shouldn't stay here! It's a good hostel and with a fair price. Yup.

Best hostel in London! Enough said. Located in my favourite suburb, Hyde Park as a backyard garden is just priceless. Special mention to the kitchen open 24h providing free tea, coffee and milk and to the always helpful staff. Dan is awesome!

Hello, Thanks for the amazing review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves in being located so close to the amazing Hyde Park. I'm glad you took advantage of our coffee,tea and free breakfast! We are always here to help shall you need anything! You are a gem!! Can't wait to see you again, lots of love from Astor Hyde Park xx

1. The switch are quite far away from the bed, which I find it uncomfortable

Hello, Thanks for the review! Sorry that your bed was so far away from the switch! Next time please come to reception and if someone with a closer bed checks out we would be glad to change your bed for you for the next night. Hope to have you stay with us again soon. Lots of love from Astor Hyde Park xx

In general the Hostel is pretty good, the only problem is there are few energy points on the room. You gotta be really lucky to get a bed near a energy point e left you celphone charging during the night. The staff were very helpfull.

Our highlight of our stay was the staff, I think the guys name at the desk was Andy (?), but in any case he was super friendly and explained everything really well. The communal area was great too, great atmosphere. One complaint though, our door didn't close properly in our bathroom so that wasn't ideal.

• 22nd Dec 2014

I spent Christmas in this hostel and felt quite at home doing so. Like everything in London, this hostel isn't cheap, but it is worth the money spent. The cages beneath each bed were super convenient and larger than the lockers found in most other hostels. The common room and kitchen/dining room were great spaces for getting out of your room and meeting others. And the location was great! Hyde Park is beautiful and a very short bus ride away from the main center. I will definitely return.

Ok so this was my second stay for 5 nights in a 12 bed dorm. Preferred this to the 6 bed. If the hostel managers read these please take these suggestions! I know you probably can't put electric plugs near the beds but perhaps at least a little light for each bed? Would save a lot of crashing about at 4am. Electrical plug in the bathroom for a hairdryer would be nice. SHELVES more shelves pls in bathroom!!!! Otherwise great hostel, easy access to station, lovely safe area, gr8 staff, good kitchen

Hello, Thanks for the review and the repeat business. We greatly appreciate the feedback. We do read our reviews on a daily basis, and take all guest comments into consideration.These are historic buildings and unfortunately we are unable to place new wiring throughout. However, we can place more power outlets into the rooms! We have now gone into the 12 bed and done so. We hope to see you again soon!! Enjoy the rest of your travels! Lots of love from the Astor Hyde Park team!

Perfect atmosphere. Thanks for the stay. The door in Room 2 is very noisy which makes it hard for the people which ware sleeping close to the door.

Hello, Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for bringing that issue up to us. Our maintance man has gone and resolved that issue! Hope to see you here next time you're in London! Lots of love, the team @ Astor Hyde Park

This is for my first stay in a 6 bed dorm. Place is pretty cool altogether, 50p continental breakfast and good kitchen facilities. Bed is super comfy. Has lots of stairs so if you can't handle that then bad luck but staff have offered to help with my luggage every time. Only downside is facilities in room, no plug or light for each bed (would make a huge improvement if it did!) just a group of plugs together. And no plug in bathroom so girls can't dry their hair without disturbing anyone!

Hi there, Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with! Our staff is always available to help! Thanks for bringing the issue of not enough power outlets in your room to us. We have just placed extra power cords into the room so there is no issue, and everyone can charge there electronics. Hope to have you stay with us next time you're in London. Lots of love from the team @ Astor Hyde Park

Excellent location and very clean. The hostel is about a ten minute walk to the nearest tube stop, right around the corner from Hyde Park, and very near to the museums. The breakfast is a standard continental with a 50p charge which goes to charity. The staff were friendly and it was very easy to meet people.

Probably pound for pound the nicest hostel I have ever been in

• 16th Dec 2014

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write us an awesome review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to have you back next time you're in London. All the best, the team from Astor Hyde Park

I stayed here for almost my entire month in London. Rooms were great and cleaned thoroughly daily. Breakfast for 50p was well worth it. Amazing location being so close to Kensington/Hyde Parks as well as a very short bus/tube ride into the centre of London. Amazing price considering the location!

Hello, We loved having you stay with us. Wish it could of been longer! We pride our selves in being located in one of Londons most posh areas and still offering our services for a reasonable price. The .50p breakfast is all donated to the homeless so we're glad you enjoyed it. Hope to have you here again sometime soon! Safe travels & lots of love from the Astor Hyde Park team!

Room was clean and spacious in our 6 bed dorm. Beds were comfy but I'm 6'2" and felt they were just a little short not that bad though! Bathroom was a little dirty but generally fine. Kitchwn was also good. Overall the location was good but it was at least a 10 minute walk from the nearest tube station which was farther than other hostels we have stated at. Overall we had a good stay and would gladly come back.

• 14th Dec 2014

Hey there, Thanks for the review! Thanks for bringing the bathroom issue to our attention. We clean our facilities at least three times per day. Next time your here if something is not up to your standards please inform us and we will have the issue solved promptly. Glad you enjoyed your stay! See you next time you're in London!! Lots of love from the team @ Astor Hyde Park

It was an amazing experience that I with this hostel, people in the staff were helpful and amazing people to talk with. I think i knew more people and in christmas they al threated me like family. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Hello, It was a pleasure meeting you and having you stay with us. We are extremely glad you got to enjoy our annual Christmas dinner! Hope to have you back for it next year, if not sometime again soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels and all the best! Lots of love from the Astor Hyde Park family (:

Very happy with out stay here. Met some nice people and will be coming back when returning to London.

• 12th Dec 2014