Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Super helpful staff, a good location

I love the lounge room so much and the massive projector screen too! The staff were always so friendly and having someone on reception 24hrs a day made life much easier. Hayley was extra helpful in getting my room key to work after it didn't open my room door at 2am in the morning!

Wifi signal was weak and patchy in the basement rooms. Bathrooms could have been cleaner, but it's understandable since with 12 people using it., things are bound to get gunky at the end of the day. A shelf in the shower itself for toiletries would be more convenient.

• 7th May 2015
  • Singapore

Hello, Thanks for the review! Yes, the 12 bed bathrooms do get used more so than other ones, but if you ever feel cleanliness is not up to standards please inform reception. We will be right down to clean it and make sure it is spotless. We are currently in the process of installing shelves in all our showers as well. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and cant wait to see you again! Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

I've talked to the lady at reception about adding small individual lamps above each bed, she said it's planned...so that will be better :-)

• 6th May 2015

Hi thanks for the review! Thanks for your recommendation and yes we are currently in the process of having these installed! See you next time your in London xo

Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at, it set the bar really high for the rest of our trip. If I go back to London, I know where I'm staying!

• 6th May 2015

Nice hostel and nice staff.They are very hepful and easygoing.I might book again next time i go London.

Friendly and helpful staff, great location and the house was nice.

Hello, Thanks! Our location truly is second to none. Located in the heart of South Kensington with the beautiful Hyde Park right around the corner, city life to relaxed country life right at your door step. We are always here to help with a smile and are glad you felt that way! We hope to see you again real soon. Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

The wifi was always reliable in the room and the staff are always great to have a chat with and they're always happy to help. Craig has a great taste in music and always knows what to play in the early hours of the morning to keep the atmosphere light and cheery. The hostel is close to the underground and there are plenty of buses stopping at the bus stop which is just a few mins walk away. The lounge room is always great to relax in and it also has Netflix!

It's ok but could be allot better. The staff could really do allot more to create a more social experience for the guests, as it was the don't really engage with the guests, which is strange given they have about 15 staff members working/living there. Instead most nights you just had staff members watching whatever they felt like on netflix with no regard for the guests. Also would it really be too much to arrange a free pub crawl during the week? It is London after all

Super clean and super safe. Location is great, in a gorgeous neighborhood, but a 8-10 minute walk from the nearest tube station (although there are many bus stops around). The atmosphere is great with a big kitchen area to hang out downstairs and lounge upstairs. Bathrooms are awesome and super clean!! I can't think of a complaint. Until next time!

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We are so pleased to see you enjoyed staying with us. Our staff is constantly working hard to ensure you have the best stay possible. We always host events to make the atmosphere lively and to ensure our guests have a memorable stay with us. We loved having you here and can't wait to see you again! Enjoy the rest of your travels, Astor Hyde Park xx

I got incredibly homesick after leaving this hostel. The people were so lovely and the hostel in general so nice. Plenty of food for breaky, had a hot shower every morning. Ensuite bathroom was relatively clean, my bed was comfy. Right next to Hyde Park, a bit of a hike to the other main touristy spots imo, but it's London. Walking is a breeze since there's so much to see! Kitchen was large and decent sitting/communal area.

Spectacular hostel. It was my first hostel experience and I stayed in a 4-bed dorm for 5 nights. Lots of comfortable common space, a large kitchen, and exceptionally friendly staff! The hostel is small enough that there's a really homey atmosphere which makes it effortless to meet people, which I appreciated as a solo traveller. Couldn't have been in a better location, either. Will most definitely stay here again when I visit London in the future.

Was a bit disappointed that the electric outlets in the room did not work, but otherwise a very nice hostel!

• 1st May 2015

Hello, Many thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. In the future please advise reception of any issues and we will be right up to fix it. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park

It was a nice time in this hostel! The breakfast was actually friendly and this charity donation is quite cool! The room was cleaned and the attention with the tea was greatly appreciated.

Hello, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We like to ensure our guests have a memorable time staying with us and are glad you felt that way. All our breakfast donations this month go to Nepal, we are constantly changing our donations to do our part to make the world a better place. Our cleaners work hard to ensure the building is top-notch and we are happy to see you were pleased with our cleanliness. We can't wait to see you again! Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

Great hostel in a prime location, stayed for 3 nights & the staff/facilities are top notch. Hostel runs events basically every night, big lockers located under the beds + smaller lockers for passports/credit cards in reception - can't really fault this hostel, always warm aswell.

Good location. 5 minute walk for Bus. 15 minute walk to tube. Kitchen is nice. 50p breakfast was nice and filling. The shower is a little small and cramped, but that is nitpicking. Rooms were clean. A very upscale neighborhood, so safety was never a concern. Overall a good location for the price. They also have a diverse and awesome music playlist that is played throughout the kitchen/lobby.

Had an amazing stay! The staff were all amazing. Haley, in particular, went above and beyond to make me feel at home.

• 27th Apr 2015

My stay at Astor Hyde Park was great! Loved the social atmosphere that encouraged all the guests to get together and the fun personalities of all the staff members. Everyone was extremely friendly and more than willing to help. Including when it came to picking up some mail that was mistakingly sent there! The rooms and all common areas were clean and comfortable. I will definately stay here again. Wifi was great! Shout out to Hailey for hosting an awesome drinking games night ;)

Great staff, they welcome you right in to their 'family'

I met some great people here and staff was amazing. Hailey and Paula were awesome help and very friendly. I'm sure the rest of the staff was awesome too but I didn't interact with them much. Common room was good, they had Netflix. Location was good. Close to Gloucester station to catch the tube and the bus nearby went straight to Heathrow airport which was cheap and convenient as my flight was at 7am.

Thanks for the amazing review! It was an absolute pleasure having you with us for a few days! Next time you are in London I will take you out salsa dancing for sure! Lots of Love, Paula and the Astor HP Crew xo