Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Great place to stay. Close enough to Metro's. Cages under beds are great for security and ease of access. Second time stayed here, and would go back again.

I absolutely loved it here. Great part of London to stay in. Close to thereto and museums. The staff were friendly and full of recommendations. Staying here if I ever come to London again

It was my forth time in London. Best hostel so far

At least the sixth time I've stayed here in the last 3-4 years. Always a fantastic experience. Friendly staff and a great location, will definitely be back again soon:)

• 10th May 2014

Very clean, great big (fantastic) kitchen, friendly staff, comfortable common spaces- I´m really impressed with the quality of this hostel, especially considering the relatively low price! South Kensington is a very nice neighborhood; it didn´t suit my personal tastes (Kensington is really high end), but that´s nothing against the hostel. It´s a good location for parks and museums and quieter atmosphere anyway. Thanks, Astor Hyde!

The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom. There were no soap (only in that particular room), the sink could be a bit bigger and when you turn the tap on it turns off way too fast. But those are actually the only drawbacks I can mention and they are not very significant.

• 10th May 2014
  • Russia

The location of the hostel is great! So is the staff and cleanliness. The only thing I didn´t like very much was breakfast. I think they should offer more options. But if go back to London, I´d stay there again!!

• 9th May 2014

Loved it, will come again fore sure!

• 9th May 2014
  • Croatia

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad you loved your time at Astor HP and we hope you visit us again the next time you are in London :)

I stayed in one of the basements, in a bi-level room. There were three additional beds upstairs, and there was absolutely nowhere to charge my phone (no plug-ins anywhere upstairs) And the wi-fi didn't reach up there either. Otherwise, excellent stay.

Good location, helpful and friendly staffs, friendly roommates made me have a great time staying in Astor. But the drainage of shower in my dormitory didn't work well.

• 8th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback, should there be any aspect of our facilities that you may be unsure about please don't hesitate to contact reception and they will be happy to have this fixed for you. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were able to provide a fun environment for your stay. We hope to see you in London next time :)

Clean and safe hostel with helpful staff in nice area. Near Hyde Park, Royal Albert Hall, Exhibition Road and it's museums. I'd definitely stay again!

Really enjoyed my recent stay. Good facilities at a great central location next door to the beautiful Hyde Park. My only minor quibble is that there is essentially only 1 barrier of security (your room door) which doesn't seem ideal at a decently sized hostel in the middle of a huge city. That being said, I had no security issues. Having a locker under your bed in the room is convenient and smart. I would highly recommend Astor Hyde Park.

Hi, were glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor HP. We consider security to be an utmost priority which is why we provide guests every opportunity to keep their belongings 100% safe including 24 hour reception, safety deposit boxes, cages under each bed, padlocks available for hire, secure luggage room and electronically coded door entry. All this coupled with one of the safest neighborhoods in London means you can sleep easy :)

I enjoyed this hostel. I found the place to be very clean, and saw staff cleaning at least 2 times a day. The location is very central, but a bit of a walk to the tube and a super market. I found buses were easier to catch. I found the place generally quiet however on 3 occasions a fire/security alarm went off, one in the middle of the night, with no explanation. I would stay here again and even extended my stay 3 nights.

all in all it was fine

• 4th May 2014
  • Greece

The room was small but did not matter in the bathroom toilet lid was loose, the shower water came out. The next day we went for a walk and at night to get to the room, in my bed there was another person, I had placed a pillowcase that was mine and took to my friend lost her blouse. The next to show that things were not the day, laundry commented that they had been taken everything and they could not refund anything. and that was his answer without help or anything, bad for them.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Guatemala

They really need to get an electrical lift instead of carrying the bags to the 3rd floor

Hi there, thanks for taking to time to provide us with feedback. Having a hostel in a beautiful centuries old heritage building unfortunately means that we cannot install an elevator however you are more than welcome to ask our staff to help you with your bags to the room. We hope to see you next time in London! Thanks, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

Although the neighbourhood was expensive it was a really safe one. Crew were very helpful. Bathrooms definitely should be cleaned more than once a day when hostel is crowded. I definitely recommend the place

• 3rd May 2014
  • Uruguay

small and mighty

Breakfast are provided. You can use the kitchen freely and it helps me to save money to have meals outside.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad we were able to provide you with facilities that enable travelers to save money wherever possible. Hope to see you again in London! Thanks, the Astor Hyde Park Team :)

Excellent all around! Great location and service!