Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

I loved the hostel!! But I want candies on the reception!!! 😘☺️😍

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Spain

Hey there!! thanks so much to leave us a review!! we loved to have you here and we're so glad to hear that you have an amazing time with us and enjoy London as much as we do every day! we can't wait till see you again and with the candy in recepcion!! lots of love AHP

Loved it! Excellent location, clean, comfortable. Good price.

• 8th Oct 2015

hello!! thanks a lot to leave us a review! we're so glad to know that you enjoyed our lovely London as much as we do every day as your stay with us too!! We hope to see you soon! Safe travels till then!! lots of love AHP.

Staff were friendly and very helpful, great location. Will definitely be back to this hostel.

Simply one of the best hostel I have stayed in my 3 months backpacking. Spacious 12 beds room. Wifi works well when It works. Clean and tidy. Free tea and hot chocolate are bonus. Highly recommended!

Great hostel. I recommend for all solo travels.

The hostel is in a pretty good location near Hyde Park and has good links to public transport. However the atmosphere in the hostel was a bit flat during our stay. People in the common room on with headphones on not talking sitting in silence, no one talking in the rooms and people in bed by 10. Seems to attract a lot of people in London looming for work / a place to live and not only travellers which is probably what hits the atmosphere.

We arrived late to the hostel (around 330am) because our flight was delayed. We were initially told that there would be someone at the desk 24/7 and late check-in would be no problem. When we arrived, we rang the doorbell, and nobody answered. We waited for 15 minutes with our bags, locked in a vestibule and never received an apology when we finally tracked someone down that was doing his laundry. No apology at all. In fact, I apologized for getting upset and I still received no apology. absurd

• 1st Oct 2015

I loved my stay here. The location is excellent, staff were friendly and eager to help, the room was spacious, beds were comfortable, fantastic shower, and the place was very clean. I just wish checkout was a bit later, 10am is early and makes it harder to enjoy the last night. Breakfast could also be better. Overall, I would happily recommend this hostel and hope to stay again soon.

Hey there!! We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review! Sadly the check out has to be at 10am because we need to clean properly the rooms, but after your check out we`re always more than happy if you chill in our awesome lounge as much as you want!! We can`t wait to see you here again!! lots of love AHP.

I spent five amazing days with my partner in London and our stay in Astor Hyde Park was excellent! The localization is perfect and the stuff is very kind, polite and always is there to help you in anything you need.

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

great stay. I liked it alot

• Sweden

Everything was great except for the bathrooms. There was always water all over the floor, which was pretty gross. However, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful!

• 29th Sep 2015

The staff were very friendly, attentive and helpful. I had 2 luggages, one of which was very heavy and though I could carry both by myself, it was a struggle to take them up to the 2nd floor. The service would be perfect if staff offered, without the customer asking, to give a hand with carrying luggages.

• 29th Sep 2015

Had an amazing stay! Staff are all friendly and so helpful! You can see that they go that extra mile for great customer service. Rooms were a good size with plenty of power sockets. The beautiful building does have stairs but I found this an added treat as I didn't need to pay for gym membership, along with free wifi and £1 charity bfast, it all came within the Hostel price, winning! Definitely will be staying here next time I'm in London

I went to Astor Hyde Park Hostel for the Rugby world cup, so my stay was quite expensive because of the event. The hostel is fairly close to 2 subway station and in a great location in London, close to the Hyde Park and Royal Albert Hall. The staff was very very frindly and helpful, also they had lots of tips and recommendations for travelers (including transpor, culture and party!) The room was ok, nothing special about it. They didn't have individual plugs/lights. I recommend the place!

Very good location! Amazing staff and "value for money" breakfast. The bathroom could be cleaner.

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Greece

100% recommend! Close to Hyde park, tube and bus stops, free museums and loads of dining options. £1 charity breakfast is amazing, love this idea guys! The beds were super comfortable and bathrooms are kept clean. The staff are one of the best assets. They organize awesome events every night, 24hour reception and I always saw then cleaning! The building itself is truly beautiful.

Great Location, Friendly staff, Clean rooms

Great place, generally clean and comfortable. Showers could be improved. Beds are comfortable and kitchen is great.

The rooms were nice and big, the beds were super comfortable. Staff were amazing, they could tell you anything and everything about London, they had great recommendations! The location is definitely the best! Only a few mins walk to the tube and loads of buses near by. The best thing about the location is HYDE PARK and all the free museums and restaurants near by. All in all my best ever hostel experience!

So many stairs!!! Hostel was great, however the window in the room was difficult to close (needed a lot of elbow grease) and secondly only 4 plug sockets in 6 bed dorm which were in the corner away from the beds. Because other guests had a lot of technology we didn't have much chance to charge phones. Perhaps an extension lead could be provided to allow minimum one socket per guest. Also, I selected female only dorm when booking but was put in mixed dorm.

• 25th Sep 2015