Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Great staff, rooms had decent storage, locks for rent. Great location to get anywhere I needed to. I'd definitely come back!

• 19th Apr 2015

Really loved this place! The 16 bed dorm was really roomy and nicer than any hostel I've been to. The kitchen is fantastic and the staff extremely helpful. Great atmosphere, had a really fun time!

I'll be too old to stay here in 2 years which makes the 35 age limit a shame. I've stayed here 5 or 6 times - a brilliant location close to Euston and one of the other main underground lines. Security and breakfast is good. The only downside this time was the lack of spoons at breakfast and the cleanliness of some of the dishes (probably down to other hostellers who hadn't washed them properly).

The staff was amazingly welcoming and helpful! For my first trip abroad solo it was the best experience I could have imagined. Really nice that they loan items versus having to always pay to use them (hair dryer, converter, etc.).

Fantastic location in the centre of London right by the British Museum. Staff helpful and welcoming, and the inclusive breakfast was nice. If the weather's warm, I would recommend against the 4-bed dorms on the top floor as they get very hot and stuffy.

I'm worried there are some mice in the room..

• 14th Apr 2015

Friendly staff! Comfortable beds. Awesome location.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

I felt very safe staying here! Great location as well, close to two tube stations which made travelling around the city really easy. Atmosphere felt very chill and casual, but seemed aimed more towards young adults (ages 18-24ish). It got a bit noisy at night but I could still sleep fine. The bathroom/shower areas seemed a bit dirty which is my only complaint.

• 11th Apr 2015

Spent 1 week and the staff was magnificient. All of them, reception guys and housekeeping :), really helpfull, kind, friendly. The buildings and facilities are clean all the time. Breakfast is great :D. Maybe a bad point was the noisy saturday night, but it´s normal because the guests are young people who came from parties. The young enviroment was amazing. People from all over the world having a good time. I 100% recommend this hotel and for sure I would come back!! Thanks guys!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Spain

I had a wonderful stay at your hostel! Great location.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

All was perfect.

I have come to visit this hostel a few times now. I am always happy to see the friendly staff and they do their best to make you feel very welcome and at home. I have stayed in other hostels before, in and around London and have to say that the Astor Museum Hostel is definitely my best choice. I know they have other centres dotted around other locations but the Astor Museum has always been my choice of location and I wouldn't have it any other way. Lovely team and great atmosphere!

• 9th Apr 2015

The staff was amazing (especially the cute Aussie Dean) and very helpful. The location is pretty nice, a tad sketch at night but that's it. I would definitely stay again

No complaints. Location was great, staff were helpful, and beds were comfortable.

The light in our room wasn't accessible which made our stay that much better: no one could turn the light on at night, and the light from outside plus that of a mobile was enough to make your way around and grab things :D

I think they should have more suggestions of what to see or where to go.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Very good location but very tiny room and common areas. The facilities were not very clean around 9h in the morning. The breakfast was ... ok. Staff very nice and welcoming !

Great hostel! I´ve been in Astor Victoria last year and this time decided to try with Astor Museum. Location is amazing! Close to the centre, just walking distance. The staff was nice, I slept well, showers were good, no complaints!

Excellent hostel! Staff was very friendly and helpful. The entire place was clean, including the toilets. Best part was the location! The hostel is within walking distance of some of the best museums and only a short underground trip from the rest of central London. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 31st Mar 2015

The location is brilliant and the friendly staff will give you ideas as to what to do during your visit to London. Everything works well and for just 50p you can purchase a breakfast. The neighbourhood is calm and feels safe and there are food shops nearby so if you wish you can cook your own food, which is nice.

• 29th Mar 2015