Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

The Hotel was in a great location, although it was difficult to find on a map. It was a great value and most importantly the hostel staff members were extremely attractive. They were also friendly and helpful, but that seems less important. The only negative was the bathrooms were not the best.. Their was only one located downstairs. Side note: they had the best wifi of any hostel I have ever stayed in and free breakfast.

• 18th Jul 2014

What I liked most about the hostel was the athmosphere. Ive rarely met so many friendly people in one place, and te staff was really helpful and forthcoming.

• 17th Jul 2014

I have only small complaints but it might be nice to see them addressed. No toilet paper in the restroom, no soap in the soap dispenser, no one at the help desk, lock broken to room storage box. The staff was very kind when available. Overall not the most enjoyable experience.

It was my third stay at the museum astor inn and compared to last year the hostel has improved. The staff was rally nice and it was a lot cleaner than last year. I'll come back!

• 15th Jul 2014

I had an AMAZING time at the Astor Museum in! The staff is really nice and I met plenty of amazing people. I'd highly recommend this place for young people travelling around the world and looking for a great time in London!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The location is great. The facilities could be better especially the bathrooms. All and all is a good option in central London.

It's a good location. the place is clean and comfortable. only down side is the kitchen and reception is situated at another building from the room we were arranged. It's inconvenience to walk over the streets to have breakfast and have our meal.

Although i stayed at the hostel for just two nights, i loved the atmosphere and how helpful the staff was. The community kitchen was the best part about the hostel! I will be sure to recommend the place to my friends!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • India

We were told to take our own padlocks to the hostel and that we would have access to lockers in our room. There were lockers, but they were unuseful because the had no the "thing" to lock the locker and mantain it close. We could just close our luggage. In our bedroom, from 8 locker just 1 was right.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Dosli na preporuku frenda i sve u svemu savrsena lokacija, okej dorucak i ekipa. Ako budem opet u Londonu opet cu tamo jer je u centru grada sto je meni bitno jer sam cijelo vrijeme svejedno vani.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

Great location, Breakfast is what you expect in a hostel ( toast, cereal, juice, yogurt). Bathroom on the second floor clean. Staff everyone was great except one guy who seemed more concerned hanging out with his girlfriend than helping you check in and explain things. It was average. Okay service

• 9th Jul 2014

My room was in a separate building a few streets away so getting access to somethings was not difficult but less easy. The dorm was good close to the British museum and good tubr stops/buses. Best shower for the whole trip but was on ground floor and I was on the 4th. Didn't get to breakfast cos it was in the other building but the common room there was good if small. Clean and with great staff. I'll Def be staying again.

Great place, enjoyed my time here, cant fault it

• 7th Jul 2014

I was denied entry to the hostel on grounds of age. This despite having a confirmed booking. I had also paid a deposit of 8 pounds 92 pence. I have subsequently emailed (July 13) your bookings department to at least get my deposit refunded, but have as yet not even been treated to the dignity of a reply. Under the circumstances, I cannot say anything good about your host. When I last stayed there - three years ago - no one made a fuss about me being over the age of 35.

Staff living on the premises created an odd environment for guests. The ablutions were pretty gross and stank of mould.

• 7th Jul 2014

Have stayed here on numerous times over the years. Pleasant stay once again.

When I got there around 1pm, I tried to check in, but was told it won't be ready until 2pm, so had to wait. I had my luggage with me, but the luggage storage room was a closet downstairs not behind anybody working. Even though it required a key, seemed like they gave it to just anyone. The person at the front desk looked young and not professional at all, chatting up with her friends and whatnot. gave me a map of my place, was VERY hard to find, she hand-drew the map. ridiculous.

is a wonderful hostel, the workers are wonderful!! The location is great!

Location is amazing. Safe neighborhood and very quiet. Staff is very friendly.

If you want reasonable accommodation in central London, this is the place to be. This place has some good things going for it, which is due to their great staff. We stayed in the "other" building, which was a few blocks away from the actual hostel. This meant for breakfast and socializing in the common room we would have to make the walk over, which was just a minor annoyance.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7