Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Really good hostel. Very central location and five minutes walk from Holborn Station. The place was clean with a good kitchen and the bonus of free breakfast.

Amazing hostel, the only place to stay in London. Spotlessly clean, super helpful and friendly staff, amazing facilities and perfect location. Would definitely stay again if I return to London.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel and the breakfast was really good value for money.the staff where really helpfully and the manager gave me good advise on places to go,the kitchen was really well equiped.the hostel is really well located and most places are walking distance away.Thank you Astor museum team

Astor Museum Inn is conveniently located, comfortable, reasonably priced, has great staff, fun but still laid back. The only downside is the bathrooms can get quite dodgy - clogged toilets, showers runnin out of hot water, one messed up light fixture... But overall, Astor is fantastic and a definite recommend!

• 21st Jul 2015

Very small bathroom facilities. Floor in the dorms and bathrooms could be cleaner.

Always a fantastic stay at Museum. Unbeatable location right by the awesome free British Museum and close to all public transport links and the best of Central London. Staff are unfailingly welcoming and ready to help out with any queries at all. Recent renovations have freshened up the lounge and bedrooms and the atmosphere is inviting and homey. Highly recommended!

Second stay at Astor Museum and great as the first time! Location is excellent and the staff is kind and helpful! I'd definitely recommend this place!

I arrived at the hostel very late and stayed one night. I left very early in the 2nd morning. So I can't judge a lot about the atmosphere. But the reception is nice. And the breakfast was good too. The location is close to the tube station.

This is a great hostel. Smaller, older but great. The staff is great, always there to help(24 hrs) and very nice. The beds are metal bunk beds that I thought would creek and move a lot but they don't, very solid. I love the under bed storage but the wheels squeak and can be very loud. They have events that you can be a part of every night. Kitchen, laundry. The room did get warm but only because the other people in the room kept closing the windows & off the fan. I was very happy there was a fan

The facilities were exceptional and the location is perfect. My only complaint is that there isn't anywhere to really socialize in this hostel, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're traveling alone and would like to make friends and meet new people, this hostel is really just a place to sleep.

I checked "Average" for "Security" as my personal experience depends on two locations. I spent my first night in a room in Little Russell Street and the second night in a room in Montague Street (main building). (-) My first night did not go that well as fellow travellers in other rooms made a lot of noise. I knew that I could report it to the staff but I was too lazy to get up and ring them. (-) The front door of the building did not close properly from the outside.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

All of the staff at Astor are very nice and very helpful. Very much enjoyed the people there, the facilities are somewhat old but its a great place to stay especially if you are on a tight budget.

Great atmosphere. I only stayed one night and as soon as i arrived a beer pong session was scheduled so i quickly showered and bought some beers at the store. A couple hours later we met up with 3 other hostels and had a great time. Really wish I could have stayed longer, but was the end of my vacation.... Would go back

Great staff with a ton of great travelers staying in it! Nice big kitchen with all the tools you need. Plenty of toilets and showers to go around. COMFY BEDS with great duvets and sheets :)

Pros: nice staff, very cheap and good breakfast, fantastic location, lots of films to watch, reliable wifi, great value for money Cons: The beds are very thin and the drawers under the beds squeak so it can wake you up when people come back late at night

• 7th Jul 2015

Very nice staff and good location.

Excellent location. Comfortable facilities. Staff very friendly. More of a relaxing hostel than a party one. The charity donation breakfast was good and a refreshing idea. Would recommend to stay here.

Murray location and staff were really welcoming and helpful.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great location and very helpful staff, just a shame that the toilets & showers are so dirty.

Excellent place to stay.