Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Good facilities, good hostel (great location, nice area, relatively clean and safe). My one critique though is of the staff. There were 2 excellent receptionists who were informative and friendly, but the rest of the staff seemed like they absolutely despise their jobs. While replacing breakfast stocks, they threw around bread and boxes haphazardly, slammed cupboards, were impatient with guests. The friends I stayed with also described their encounters with most staff as 'rude'.

• 15th Aug 2014

Big room and very nice for the big storage area under the bed and also providing padlock to borrow. Everything is fine but I was really shocked by a little mouse I saw in the common area when I was working on my computer at night, I hope it just get a wrong way from outside. Excellent location, my friend loves British museum and I went for musical in Piccadilly Circus every night, I can easily walk back!

The place was great ,smashing Definately will visit again -)

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

The pillows and blankets were both old and a bit dodgy... Although covered in clean linens. For the amount of money they made per night per room, they should be able to replace the gross carpets and get bunk beds that don't move around so much whenever the top bunk person gets up and down. It was hard to get a good nights sleep here. But the location was safe and nice!

The staff were amazing had a great week!

• 11th Aug 2014

It is normal Hostel and very basic things. The Staff very nice and speak very languages. The problem is the hostel has two buildings divide, but one and other is not far away. Good experience, for me it is ok just for one night.

Excellent price for the location, and quiet area for a good nights sleep. Great staff, clean bathrooms and bedrooms which is what we were after - we were out during the day (and a good part of the night) so this was perfect. No idea what the communal facilities were like but the cafe down the road does a good bacon sandwich. And the pub is open late.

Everything was really great, the accommodation, the staff, the location. Thank you for beautiful 7 days in London and I hope we'll see each other soon! We are already recommending Astor Museum Inn to our friends :-)

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Croatia

The location is fantastic, in the city centre on a two-minute walk from Oxford Street and several underground stations. We really liked the atmosphere in the hostel - very relaxed. The showers and toilets on the second floor were fine, but the basement shower/toilet didn't look or smell very clean. My friend would have liked for more staff service at breakfast. Overall I think you'll pay mostly for the excellent location. I liked my stay at this hostel and will likely be coming back.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Large rooms, but the mattresses and pillows were really thin, not very good for people who quickly suffer from soar backs or muscles

The location is near by British museum. And the staff is a nice man. But the room is not clean.

location was great, facility was so so. i was put in the alternate location which was only a minute away and closer yet to the museum. but its a tiny apartment building and there are only 3 showers on the ground floor plus basement for 7 suites to share.

• 4th Aug 2014

Very nice place, with good facilities and a staff friendly. The kitchen is big and has all the equipment. The only thing to say, is that the bathrooms in some cases are not so good located according to the rooms (not more than 5 meters). Among that i recommened

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Great staff and location, good breakfast

• 1st Aug 2014

Great hostel within walking distance of most city sites of London. We stayed there twice during our time in the UK, and both times we encountered really friendly, helpful staff and a nice atmosphere.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

I felt disgusting sleeping I the bed. Maybe I'm not made for the hostel world. I've stayed in way better places in Barcelona for the money. I been paid for a private room. The towels were dirty, the sink was dirty, and the bathrooms were disgusting. Don't stay here if you care at all or if you can afford something a little better. Sorry Astor museum. You were just not for me.

• 28th Jul 2014

Great stay in this Hostel. It's in central London and really easy to travel around the city. The staff is great and really helpful when you need an advice or anything. Rooms are quiet.

• 28th Jul 2014

Very well located and good rooms. Each bed has a cage where yo can lock your bagagge. Well located, not a bad breakfast. Cool Personell. I would definitely recommend it.

This hostel felt like a student flat to me. Nice staff behind the counter 24/7. Also expect 24/7 noise - I'm a good sleeper but struggled here with music, people talking in the courtyard under the bedroom window and those horrible noisy luggage cages. They stripped the beds without warning us and I lost my sleeping bag liner in the process. They have not replaced it or reimbursed me. Not impressed.

The hostel is in an excellent location, very near to central London. There's a subway station a block away, very easy to get around. The staff is really friendly and helps in everything you need. The cleanliness is not the best, but it's fine. The hostel is split in two buildings and the wifi was very difficult to connect in the second one, for me it just worked at the first floor. And the lockers in my room were broke. But my stay in general was really pleasant.

• 24th Jul 2014