Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

First, upon arrival the hostel placed our group of eight in an already full room. Then we found two mice in our room! When we confronted the desk they did nothing and made no apologies. The facilities we not great, of the three toilets two of them were out of order. The bunk bed i slept in was broken. Slanted at an extreme angle with a broken ladder. Someone had to sit on the bottom bunk for me to climb up, otherwise the whole bed would tip .

• 21st Nov 2014

Good location with friendly staff. Breakfast included the next morning which was decent! Would stay again!

• 21st Nov 2014

Normally I wouldn't bother leaving reviews but this hostel is truly amazing. The staff is so friendly and helpful! the 12 bed dorm I stayed in was perfectly clean, very spacious, and quiet. Great beds, already made, comfy! Bathrooms, kitchen, communal area, everything beyond expectationsd!

• 19th Nov 2014

We stay at this hostel for 1 night and it was very good. We arrived early so we couldn't access to our room but we're allow to leave our bags for the day. The staff was really nice and helpful. The location of the hostel is amazing ( next to the British museum and close to many cool places to have fun at night). I truly recommend this hostel !

• 17th Nov 2014

Even though it was for the one night, had an amazing stay with these guys. The staff automatically made me feel apart of their home and always offered to help with anything I needed. Beds are comfy and in a great location with plenty nearby to see and do all for a great price. Already recommending it to friends and fellow back packers

• 15th Nov 2014

Awesome hostel! Safe, clean, really friendly staff. Only complaint is the wifi, which was slow and difficult at best, nonexistent at worst - they need a better wifi connection and perhaps a router placed closer to upstairs rooms.

• 10th Nov 2014

Great staff and awesome location! I was in the annex: rooms and beds were clean but a little wobbly on the top bunk, bathrooms were ok but not the cleanest. Renovations needed! The common space was small and well used and the annex doesn't have one, so this isn't the place to meet a lot of other travelers. For the same price, I've stayed in mix nicer, so the draw here is proximity to train station and British museum.

• 9th Nov 2014

Friendly staff, room was OK, great location!

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

My room was in an annex building, about 3 minutes away - no problem really, just a quick walk to breakfast. I had a twin room - basic bed that was a little soft for me. Kettle and brew kit, tick! Stacks of hot water in clean and tidy showers. Wifi in main building and annex. Kitchen was pretty good: big fridges for your own stuff and plenty of breakfast stuff included. Holborn location is handy on the tube Central Line. The hostel is in a nice area. **Staff were really friendly and helpful**

• 8th Nov 2014

The staff (Byron) was extremely friendly and helpful in getting situated in the hostel. The location is great, the same block as the British Museum and not too far from the buses. Great plus that breakfast was included. The rooms are spacious and the kitchen as well as the lounge are a great size. Would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Nice staff but the dorm rooms are tiny. Also if you're on the ground floor the only bathroom is right next to the reception desk (as in you have to walk through the tiny reception area). Not ideal or you have to go upstairs.

This was my first time staying in an Astor Hostel and it was quite enjoyable!! I will certainly recommend it to friends and if I end up back in London, will probably stay there again. Very helpful and friendly staff and one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in.

• 5th Nov 2014

Great value, excellent staff and location.

• 26th Oct 2014

This was one of the least expensive hostels I could find in London so I was a bit concerned, but once I got there I realized it was incredible! It was in a phenomenal location (only minutes to any major site). The staff was wonderful and I always felt completely safe, which is really important to me since I travel by myself. Overall, it was great!

I stayed ten days in this hostel. The welcoming was very great. The team was so fun and really professional. I liked to live over there. But the facilities and equipments could be renovated in the room TV for example. But thanks to the team, that doesn't change the quality of my stay.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Need update and fresh refurbished each bathroom!

• 22nd Oct 2014

The code for the door got changed and we had no way of knowing since they put a notice in the room after we had already left for the day and that was incredibly awkward to come back to. Very mold covered bathroom and the shower felt really dirty and often was covered in pubic hair. Not a lot of outlets in the room and had a ridiculously loud cage under the bed to lock up my stuff in, also saw a mouse running around. Really great location though as it's close to the tube and lots of attractions.

Hi!! Staff is aloud in the dorms just during the cleaning shift, that's why the notice have been put after you left, we have a staff member at reception 24hours so i guess someone opened you up. Showers are getting repainted and being shared and in use almost all day is hard to keep them clear of hair. Run some water before you get in might help. We'll go through the cages and fix the noise where possible. Pest control is already in action.Thanks for your review! AM Team

Front Door cant close perfectly.

Hi! We fixed that issue with the door! Thanks for your review!! AM team

great hotels to be, very nice staff and good facilities

Hi!! We are happy you had a nice stay with us! Come back if you're around. ;) AM Team

Great value for money.

Hi!! thanks for your review!! See you next time! AM team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7