Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Spacious rooms, friendly and helpful staff. only 1 shower/toilet per floor and small things like tap didn't work but no one seemed to care to do anything about it!

very cheap hostel, in a really great location. Get what you pay for. I would probably stay there again due only to its location.

Friendly staff and hostel in a great location. You can visit some points by walking. But the hostel are divided in two old buildings. This result in a bad first impression, although the rooms are large and comfortable. Specially the rooms at Litter Russell St. Unfortunately the negative point is the toilets are constantly smelling bad (mainly because they are in the basement.

The staff was super friendly. And the others staying at the hostel were very nice and outgoing and liked going out together, so if you're a single traveller, this is a great option for meeting people. Location-wise, you're smack-dab in the middle of London, very convenient. That said, the rooms were pretty small and sparse. And the internet was pretty weak in the bedrooms. But hey, it IS a hostel, right? All we're looking for is a place to rest our heads and a hot shower!

It was my first experience in a hostel and I must say I loved it. Staff at Astor are lovely, they were very helpfull when I asked questions. Next time I'll be in London I won't think twice to book at Astor. Good value for money with an excellent location!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Malta

It was great, thank you.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Nice staff, clean rooms and bathrooms thank you! Vibe at the hostel was energetic and friendly - but quiet enough when it came time to rest. I rated poor on facilities because the kitchen is in dire need of work: microwave not working, refrigerator filled with old/frozen food that has been cleaned in a while, and an extension cord on the ground surrounded by water. Not safe!

• 25th Aug 2014

It's not a Hostel you want to go to meet new people or party. The location is excellent though.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed at, hands down. Not even overly busy if you get into one of the 6 person rooms. I had it to myself for a couple nights even. Plus, the kitchen was an absolutely bonus. So nice to cook my own meals, and cheaper too!

• 19th Aug 2014

Friendly staff, squeaky SQUEAKY and shaky beds. Good location.

We felt welcome, the staff was very attentive to what we could need. However, the 8-bed room was a little crowded, and some of the roomates weren't really discreet when coming back at night.

• 18th Aug 2014

I stayed in a 6-bed dorm which was very small, the bathroom was also tiny and could have been a bit cleaner. All in all I enjoyed my stay very much.

• 18th Aug 2014

Some of the most friendly staff I've ever met. They're always on hand to answer any questions, point you in the right direction of the some place to go or just generally to help in any way that they can. Great atmosphere and great hostel.

Staff was nice and helpfull. Has good location and the breakfast is really nice. Although the cleanliness and facilities didn't match to the price a bit poor for my point of view.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

The location is incredible, right beside the museum, lots of good restaurants close by. It's a 10 min walk from the tube station. 20 min walk from Covent Garden. The atmosphere was good. Nice people, you have to go out of your way to meet partiers which is kind of nice. A couple of the toilets were clogged. Wifi worked everywhere pretty well.

We stayed in a private twin room on the top floor. Probably not well suited for light sleepers due to additional noise from other guests and noise of showers. Breakfast was fairly standard however the location was great and wifi was reliable.

Good facilities, good hostel (great location, nice area, relatively clean and safe). My one critique though is of the staff. There were 2 excellent receptionists who were informative and friendly, but the rest of the staff seemed like they absolutely despise their jobs. While replacing breakfast stocks, they threw around bread and boxes haphazardly, slammed cupboards, were impatient with guests. The friends I stayed with also described their encounters with most staff as 'rude'.

• 15th Aug 2014

Big room and very nice for the big storage area under the bed and also providing padlock to borrow. Everything is fine but I was really shocked by a little mouse I saw in the common area when I was working on my computer at night, I hope it just get a wrong way from outside. Excellent location, my friend loves British museum and I went for musical in Piccadilly Circus every night, I can easily walk back!

Unfortunately old buildings in London have this kind of issue, we already contacted a pest control company. Glad you enjoyed your stay and Thanks for your review!

The place was great ,smashing Definately will visit again -)

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

The pillows and blankets were both old and a bit dodgy... Although covered in clean linens. For the amount of money they made per night per room, they should be able to replace the gross carpets and get bunk beds that don't move around so much whenever the top bunk person gets up and down. It was hard to get a good nights sleep here. But the location was safe and nice!

We will work on those issues. Thanks for your review!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7