Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Excellent place to stay.

This was my second stay and I'm sure I'll be back. I absolutely love the location and it's great that the hostel is clean, quiet but sociable, has comfy beds, and extremely helpful and friendly staff! Highly recommend!!!

I liked the hostel, and it was in a great location. However, staying in a 16 person dorm, it was very awkward that the beds didn't have individual lights next to them. This meant that if people were still up while you were trying to sleep, you couldn't really turn off the light. I probably wouldn't have stayed here if I had known that was going to be what it was like. Also, there were only a few outlets.

• 21st Jun 2015

I stayed in the overflow building. The door was hard to shut, so people tended to leave it open.

• 20th Jun 2015

Was a bit dirty in the kitchen and bathrooms but nothing outrageous. I couldn't access the ladder on my bed because of bed placement so the top bunk situation was difficult. Location is super nice though, lots going on in the area. Kitchen and rec room were usually busy with people, great place to chat. Some staff were more friendly than others. Over all I recommend.

• 20th Jun 2015

Great location opposite British museum. A lot of thought has gone into security. Only 1 toilet and 2 showers on my floor. Some noise from other people and pipes when showers in use. Overall great value for money and you won't find better for a £1 breakfast.

Very good hostel with a very friendly staff. The location is also very good you are in the Center of London. I will definitely recommend this hostel.

The location couldn't be better, in a very safe and beautiful area right across from the British museum. Close to multiple tube stations. Felt quite secure and staff were nice and helpful. However, the facilities themselves were pretty dingy, small and could use a facelift. We were on the top floor in a twin private - it was extremely warm and stuffy up there with no room for luggage really. Probably best for those traveling alone wanting a small, intimate hostel experience.

Only stayed here one night, just to sleep, but the location is great and worth the money for where it's at. The 6 bed dorm was a little cramp and there's only 1 bathroom on the first floor but it does the job, and was quiet so it was easy to get food sleep! Overall the place seemed a little homely and dated but can't complain for the price

Loved staying here! Amazing people and location. Can't wait to come back!

• 14th Jun 2015

Location is great and has kitchen facilities.

Staff was super friendly and helped us with moving in and gave us advice on things to do in the city. Pillows seemed a bit old and may need to be replaced. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and my experience overall was a great one!

Clean! Great location, friendly staff!

• 12th Jun 2015

Not my first time at this hostel, and definitely not the last one - I love the place :-). Zuzana

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Fun hostel in a good location

HI! Thank you for your great review!! Come and visit us again!! Lots of love! AM Team

We found the hostel had a really central location as well as being extremely clean and the staff friendly. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely consider it again.

• 10th Jun 2015

Everything was perfect!

HI!! Thanks for your awesome review!! Pleasure having you with us! Lots of Love! AM team

Nice. Cheap.

Good stay, everyone was fairly helpful. It would be nice if there was some paper towel or a hand dryer in the bathrooms so you can dry your hands without using toilet paper. Although I am not sure if this is the case for every toilet, as I didnt visit every one (or just the one on the very top floor).

HI!! Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback! Happy you enjoyed your stay with us, we'll consider your suggestion and work to get you a perfect stay next time!! AM Team

Not a bad hostel, showers a bit gross and annoying but staff were nice and location is awesome!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7