Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Clean friendly centrally located

• 1st May 2015

The Astor museum hostel was really excellent. The staff is very nice and helpful, the rooms clean and quiet enough to actually get some decent sleep. The bathrooms are clean and the kitchen well equipped. I loved that the 50p for the breakfast go to charity and that there are various little events planned throughout the week. The Sunday we stayed for example there was an egg, bacon and beans breakfast and the profits from that are for supporting Nepal. Just very very good. I'd recommend 100%.

• 1st May 2015

Very nice staff and breakfast. It was a pleasure to spend 3 days in this Hostel. Bedroom (16 beds) was big enough and clean, each bed got a locker where you can put your bag if you got a locker, it was very safe. Only thing which can be improve is the facilites like showers.. The price was very attractive and location very good, close to the center, with lot of buses and tube stations around.

The location is optimal, very close to London centrum! Thats perfect because you can nearly reach everything by walking. The stuff was nice and gave the information needed. The breakfast is indeed only 0.50 pounds, which is unbelivable. You can't expect a super amazing breakfast but astor museum hostel provides everything you need for the start into the day. The sunday breakfast with eggs and bacon is nice too. The room had a good size for four people.

• 1st May 2015

Have stayed in many London hostels and this one was by far the best. The beds are comfortable, the linen is crisp and the location is almost unbeatable. I found staff to be very friendly and helpful but there are few showers for many rooms and the kitchen is a bit sad. Other than that it's a great place to stay.

The facilities were smaller than I expected but everything else was perfect, especially the location and very helpful staff.

• 27th Apr 2015

Would change the carpets at some rooms, smell is quite bad. Living room is quite small and seems like TV is always on.

• 27th Apr 2015

Staff very friendly,great kitchen and lounge room pretty cool. feel like at home! Definetly coming back if I'm in London again

• Argentina

Really really good!

• Spain

It was definitely clean enough but left a bit to be desired. Loved the chill and relaxed vibes and generous breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great! We had a good time exploring Oxford street, SoHo and Picadilly circus and Chinatown all within walking distance.The grounds were shaky and it was hard to get a good rest because the bed frames weren't super solid and every time someone moved in their bed it shook my bed, and every time someone walked in, the floor shook.

Great staff, rooms had decent storage, locks for rent. Great location to get anywhere I needed to. I'd definitely come back!

Really loved this place! The 16 bed dorm was really roomy and nicer than any hostel I've been to. The kitchen is fantastic and the staff extremely helpful. Great atmosphere, had a really fun time!

I'll be too old to stay here in 2 years which makes the 35 age limit a shame. I've stayed here 5 or 6 times - a brilliant location close to Euston and one of the other main underground lines. Security and breakfast is good. The only downside this time was the lack of spoons at breakfast and the cleanliness of some of the dishes (probably down to other hostellers who hadn't washed them properly).

Great location and really friendly staff. I found the room a bit claustrophobic with 4 bunk beds squeezed in, but it was comfortable to sleep in. It was a bit of a mission finding a free shower in the morning, but there were lots available so I didn't have to wait too long. The breakfast was a pretty good spread - cereals, white and wholemeal toast etc, but I found it all a bit too sweet and processed. Maybe include some natural yoghurt and museli? Some fruit would have been awesome too.

The staff was amazingly welcoming and helpful! For my first trip abroad solo it was the best experience I could have imagined. Really nice that they loan items versus having to always pay to use them (hair dryer, converter, etc.).

Fantastic location in the centre of London right by the British Museum. Staff helpful and welcoming, and the inclusive breakfast was nice. If the weather's warm, I would recommend against the 4-bed dorms on the top floor as they get very hot and stuffy.

I'm worried there are some mice in the room..

• 14th Apr 2015

Friendly staff! Comfortable beds. Awesome location.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

The hostel is ideal for students and youngsters. The staff was really friendly and they could provide us with handy free maps. Breakfast was quite decent. We stayed in a 6-bed room. The beds looked a bit old, but we slept comfortably. Our room was very close to the living room and sometimes a bit noisy late at night, but people became quiet at midnight, thus allowing us to sleep enough. The location is just opposite to the British Museum, excellent!

I felt very safe staying here! Great location as well, close to two tube stations which made travelling around the city really easy. Atmosphere felt very chill and casual, but seemed aimed more towards young adults (ages 18-24ish). It got a bit noisy at night but I could still sleep fine. The bathroom/shower areas seemed a bit dirty which is my only complaint.

• 11th Apr 2015