Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Beware: mice infestation in the dorms.

• 19th Jan 2015

My friend and I stayed at the Astor Museum Inn for our first time in London last weekend. The location was perfect- all the sites we wanted to visit were walking distance away, which made exploring the city extremely enjoyable and easy! A basic breakfast is provided from 8-10am, which was a big plus. The kitchen is also available to make meals if needed with plenty of fridge space. If you are concerned about your luggage, there is under bed storage free of charge if you bring your own lock.

• 15th Jan 2015

The location is lovely. Staffs were nice and kind. The atmosphere was comfortable too. But the bed was a little bit uncomfortable.

Great central location, friendly staff, clean facility...I have no complaints!

• 7th Jan 2015

Very good location, cleanliness could be better.

Very friendly and helpful staff! Very clean, bed was prepared. The 4 bed room was from my point of view very spacious. No queues at the toilet or showers. Very central location and affordable prices.

Incredible nice hostel, located in the very center of London. The rooms are good (maybe they can provide better lockers, as a suggestion), bathrooms are fine, staff is excelent. I had a medical emergency there, and they were most helpful, for example letting me borrow a personal cellphone to make a call to the assurance. Atmosphere was good too, as they have a very nice common room. I'd return there in a heartbeat!

The staff was exceptionally warm and welcoming. Need to improve on the Wifi signal coverage and speed though.

location is good and rooms are decent.. but it's a rundown building and does not feel like youth hostel. lounge area is very small and nothing is going on at this place. if you're just looking to sleep there could be a good choice although a little pricey for the amenities provided.

• 25th Dec 2014

“I'm sorry for now recalling your/his name but the Staff at the Hostel from Italy with dreads that greeted us was amazingly nice to us the whole trip, and looked out for us when we were uncertain about the situation we were in at the hostel. Apart from that I would only state that the hostel staff are very tight with each other so it can be very daunting participating or trying to get to know the staff.”

This nice youth hostel is situated close to almost everything you'd ever want. Walk to Soho or the Tube to get anywhere, not to mention the national rail is a 5 minute walk away. During my travels I was by myself and found that everyone was not only friendly but down to talk/hang out/etc. I loved that it felt like a community of world travels then a place for a bed. Great people, great stories, great time! Thanks Astor!

HI!! Thanks for your review!! We are all young and always happy to exchange travel experiences with our guests. It's been a pleasure having you with us. Obviously always welcome to come back!! AM Team

Kitchen unclean, mouses in room, make yourself and self-service break-fast, no room cleanliness, after the break-fast customers must wash their own dishes.

• 21st Dec 2014

It's a noisy hostel. Not because of any party scene but just the layout, loud doors and lockable drawers. The hostel doesn't have much to offer except the location...

Hi! Thanks for your review. Unfortunately for respect of our neighbors we don't organize parties on the building although you're still aloud to use the common areas to socialize, we also have plenty of outdoor options being situated in the very center of London just 5 mins away from Soho and in case you're a solo traveler pub crawls are an awesome option, we sell tickets in reception. For the layout we will do our best to give you a excellent night next time you'll visit us. AM Team

There were notices everywhere saying be considerate of other guests while using the hostel but on both nights there were loud noises all night. I had a very early flight the next morning from Gatwick and couldn't sleep due to the noise.

• 7th Dec 2014

Hi!! We try to keep the noise down as much as we can but unfortunately is not always possible. Next time come to speak to reception and if possible we will move you to another room or ask your fellow guests to be quiet. Thanks for your review! AM Team

Awesome staff.

HI! Thanks for your review!! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! AM Team

I have been here a few times and truly enjoy the welcoming and secure atmosphere, makes traveling in London that much easier. The place is well looked after, clean and very well located. Amazing people, affordable...therefore thank you.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • South Africa

We had a great stay at Astor Museum. Everything was clean, people were friendly, the dorm was very spacious and breakfast was fine as well. Very recommendable!

Hi!! Glad you enjoyed your stay!!! come visit us again!! AM Team

Astor Museum is a good and cheap place to stay for short time. I was there for a weekend with my friend ( both of us girls) and we chose to stay is a 8 mixed room. Unfortunately there were 6 males in our room which was unexpected. My advice if you are a girl dont choose a mixed room, you will end up between boys. Anyway boys were really polite and we didnt have any kind of problems.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Romania

Hi!! We allocate guests randomly to the dorms but even staying in mixed dorm if requested before arrival we can let you stay in rooms with majority of girls if possible. Thanks for your review and come visit again!! AM Team

Great location and nice hostel Beds were good!!

Glad you had a nice stay! Thanks for your review!! AM Team

First, upon arrival the hostel placed our group of eight in an already full room. Then we found two mice in our room! When we confronted the desk they did nothing and made no apologies. The facilities we not great, of the three toilets two of them were out of order. The bunk bed i slept in was broken. Slanted at an extreme angle with a broken ladder. Someone had to sit on the bottom bunk for me to climb up, otherwise the whole bed would tip .

• 21st Nov 2014