Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

A friend of mine and I stayed for 2 nights and we were absolutely happy with our choice: Staff is very friendly and helpful and all kinds of facilities exist. It was the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at.

• 29th Aug 2015

Hey! Thanks for the love! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you again some day in the future! Hugs from sunny London, the fam at Astor Museum!

this is a good place especially for young people. even though the room is not big, you can still have a good rest.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • China

Thank you for your comments! If you are 18 to 35 we try to make a little heaven for you in the center of this wonderful city! Hopefully seeing again in the near future! Lots of love from the Astor Family!

The floors were covered in dirt and sand and the bathrooms were filthy. It says a breakfast for 1£ of " unlimited coffee and tea, biscuits and fruit" while there was only one pot of coffee made and no biscuits or fruit. All of the sinks say that the water is not drinkable which is not listed on the site. The beds are highly uncomfortable and shakey. As there is no AC there are fans in the rooms, most of which are breaking down and incredibly loud. The "outdoor space" is a tiny square alley.

• 22nd Aug 2015

nice hostel. really really excellent location. there didn't seem to be a lot of bathrooms or toilets but I never had any issues with waiting. Will definitely stay again.

The Hostel is a perfect location for exploring all areas of central London & it has access to major Tube stations & bus stations. I wish that I had known I would be staying in a separate building from the main building, though. Some of the rooms are in a building nearby & I found that a bit of a let down. The staff, overall, were nice and friendly. I feel I walked away with meeting great people who I hope to cross paths with again. As they say at Disney, "It's a Small World after all."

I came in with low expectations and only booked for two nights to see how I liked it. It was clean; the staff were friendly, and the location was great. I booked another stay for 3 more nights after my friend's wedding in the countryside.

Astor Museum Inn was exactly what my friends and I needed out of a London hostel... so much so that we stayed there twice in the space of a month: the first time and then when we made a stop in London on our way home. While it isn't the ritziest or most modern hostel I stayed in during my time in Europe, the location really could not be beat. The room we stayed in -- the 10 bed -- was spacious and comfortable, the sink in the room was a real bonus and the breakfast by donation was great.

• 10th Aug 2015

Astor was a fantastic hostel in an even better location! It was really easy to meet people at the (very cheap) breakfast, and there was a really friendly vibe throughout the place. The staff were always super happy to help out whenever needed, and we're always on hand and easy to find. I would certainly recommend Astor museum hostel, and will return again soon!

Check in on 07 AUG 2015, Check out on 09 Aug 2015; Pros: - Staff polite - Good location next to public transport inclusive tube - Safes on the reception - Toilets and bad were clean and tidy - Very noisy outside 24 hours Cons: - Unclean rooms and overcrowded - Not enough electricity outputs; - No electricity outputs for each bed - Mouses in the rooms and in the house - Because of the old carpet the room smelt disgusting - The door lock was broken as well

Great location and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Lockers? Under the bed drawers that screech so loud, it's worse than someone's alarm going off. One power socket, in the end it blew a fuse. Biggest advantage is simply the location.

Great hostel! The location is great, walking distance to most places or a tube station. It's a quieter neighborhood than other hostels too. The kitchen is great with plenty of utensils and tools. The showers are a bit small and the beds a bit noisy but overall, I would highly recommend it!

I shared a dorm with 15 other people, and they were all very quiet :-)

• 5th Aug 2015

Everything is great about this place. I'd recommend it to anyone. However be aware that the rooms are very small (it's London after all). Also while taking a shower the water isn't always hot.

• 4th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay there...close to the Eiffel Tower, metro just around the corner, lots of shops and restaurants around....very clean place and nice staff

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Romania

The experience was great. The hostel was in an excellent part of town with easy access to both the underground and the buses. The staff was very friendly an easy to work with. The breakfast each morning was great and had a good variety of things to choose from. The beds were pretty comfortable. The only issue we had was it being a little noisy at night sometimes, both outside of our window and with other guests coming in late. Overall though, we had an excellent time and would come back again.

Wifi wasn't really working for us even when we spoke to the staff. The location was splendid, next to British Museum. They have two separate buildings, to have to talk to the staff, you would have to walk for a min to the other building. The place is near London St Pancras, Russel Street and Holborn Station. I would definitely go over back for a short while... recommend to get a phone number with data to use. overall isn't bad at all.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Singapore

The place was really well located. Staff was nice and helping. I was in a dorm and wasn't expecting a lot but there was only a small fan for the whole room and it was scorching hot. So sleeping was a bit hard. I know it's high season and that it's London, but I think the price was high for what we had, Breakfast was not particularly good.

Hot water is not hot enough

Lots of mold in showers. Frequently clogged toilets. Very poor selection of foods for breakfast and they often ran out of certain items like milk for the cereals. Not enough seats for breakfast, tiny canteen lots of people. I explicitly asked about lockers and they said they had them. Though when I got to our room you needed a padlock so had to walk back to the reception building to rent one. You can not pay them by card so make sure you have cash. The lockers are not safe at all.

Good price and location, especially for a London hostel! Conveniently right by Euston station and in a very safe area. We walked home alone at night and felt very safe. You have to be buzzed in which is great. Free breakfast is good. Beds are very comfortable. Conveniently they had converters and locks available for just a deposit, no charge. Towels were cheap. Private and large lockers. Staff were kind and helpful!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7