Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Dirty rooms, no ventilation at all (the smell was terrible inside the rooms ). Poor breakfast.

There were no towels provided and the showers and toilets were not clean

• 24th Jan 2016

Thank you very much for staying with us, we take every guest's feedback into consideration and our staff always strive for the best quality experience! We are sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with the cleanliness but we will make sure to work hard and achieve the best results! Also, our reception is open 24 hours where towels are provided with a minimum charge. Enjoy the rest of your travels :-) Astor Museum team.

Everything was excellent !

Thank you so much for such an amazing rating!!! We always want our guests to have the best time. If ever in London again, Astor Hostels will be happy to welcome you :-) Best, Astor Museum team

The Astor Museum Inn was good for a place to stay. The staff was helpful and it had all of the necessities: adapters, towels, a kitchen, wifi, and a lounge. The hostel is located in a nice area which is a close walk to a lot of things. The atmosphere was not especially inviting for solo travelers like myself. The wifi was decent on the main floor in the common room, but my phone could not connect when I was in my room. they could probably attract more customers if they updated the facilities.

• 17th Jan 2016

Everything was great! I love the Astor Museum ;) but if I need to say something should be nice is the locks in the don't didn't make to much noise, during the night I have tried to not make noise put was quite impossible. I'm 34 years pls change the rules because when I'll be 36 I can't stay with you any more :/

We are so glad to hear you had a great stay with us! We will have a thorough check to replace any noisy lockers. We would really love to see you again and we will pass your request to upper management :-) Safe travels!!!! Astor Museum team

the storage rooms under the bed was smart, but it was extremly noisy.

• 14th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

AMAZING STAFF!!! Great location!!! HOWEVER, all of the padlocks in our room were cut during our stay while we weren't at the hostel! It's really easy to get in for anyone from the street, since the reception is behind the stairs which lead upstairs to the rooms. Other guests told us about other incidents that happened in the hostel as well, so keep your stuff safe! The common area is pretty small and the wifi doesn't work upstairs, also, our room smelled quite bad and the carpet was dirty.

• 14th Jan 2016

Thank you very much for your review! Our staff work hard to provide all our guests with the best service. We are very sad to hear about this incident, all our room doors close shut and our hostel has two security front doors that both work with passwords and designated keys. All our areas are CCTV monitored so we will definitely look into the matter to avoid such incidents happening in the future. Safe travels! Astor Museum team

The hostel is clean, the kitchen is fully equipped and it's very centrally located. However, the staff member was preoccupied with his girlfriend visiting. One major point of improvement would be.. night lights at each bed! Also, there did not seem to be a computer that guests can use. That would enhance the attractiveness for travelers even more.

• 13th Jan 2016

We were 5 persons in our group. So we rented 5 beds in a 6 bed mixed dorm. We got the whole dorm for ourself. The space within the dorm was a bit tiny, however it was just enough space to actually stay in the dorm. If you have forgotten something, for instance an adapter, towel etc. the hostel rents out these items for a desposit of 5 GBP. In addition there are bathrooms and showers in each floor and they have a nice kitchen that is spacious. The location of the hostel is great.

The hostel was in an amazing location, however as I paid £21 a night for a 4 bedroom I would have expected more than just the bare essentials. Towel hooks, or free in room security lockers (even if for small items) wouldn't go astray.

• 10th Jan 2016

A decent place to stay, right beside the british museum and only a few minutes walk to the west end theatres or Holborn underground. Plenty going on in the hostel, staff are chatty. Clean and reasonably well equipped. Lockers were a cage with a lock under the bed- somebody could easily steal small valuables through the holes!

Good service, atmosphere and location. Carpets in the rooms could be cleaner. The breakfast is good considering that you're paying just £1.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Mexico

Really great location, central and convenient. Good kitchen and breakfast facilities. As to be expected in dorms, small bunk beds, but comfortable, and I slept well.

We were staying in the second building, which felt very detached from the rest of the services (literally and figuratively). Beyond that, the room was spacious and clean, bathrooms were always available, and the location was awesome! Overall walked away very satisfied.

Very central... Quite relaxed. Easy to meet people and go out etcc kitchen is good.

It´s a good hostel with an amazing and helpfull staff. Wifi is also good but it doen´t work properly inside the rooms. The only problem I saw is that u must to pay for everything u want to borrow and this is not cheap. 5 pounds for the keys of the room, 5 pounds for the padlock, 5 pounds for the adaptor... pay attention and bring your own stuffs, otherwise, you´ll become poor for a few days.

Really nice hostel. Good vibe, although I only stayed one night. Staff were really good, helpful and super friendly. Pretty great location, close to tube and 15min walk to Oxford Circus.

Thank you very much for taking time to leave us a review! Our hostel is indeed in a prime location, right next to the British Museum and a few minute walk to all the major attractions. We will make sure we pass your kind words on to our staff, they will be very happy to hear you had a great time. Safe travels and hope to see you soon! Astor Museum team :-)

The breakfast options were almost all filled with sugar and simple carbs - Considering "breakfast is included" is a perk of a hostel that I paid for, I wish there were some healthier options.

• 13th Dec 2015

Kitchen was very small so was the common room which was so crowded that I had to sit on the floor and thus, was leaving only a few minutes after I have entered the room. Headlights at the individual beds would be a plus. All linen were stained and thus, I most likely will not recommend this hostel or return as this was not a nice experience.

• 13th Dec 2015

Great hostel: location, atmosphere, staff. Recommended!

Thank you so much for the 5* review!!! We always want our guests to have the best time. If ever in London again, Astor Hostels will be happy to welcome you :-) Best, Astor Museum team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6