Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

I had a nice stay at Astor Museum Inn! It is just behind the British Museum, in a wealthy residential area of London, Bloomsbury (one of the most luxurious in London!). You could reach any part of London just by walking: 30 mins to the Houses of Parliament, 20 mins to Piccadilly Circus, 30 minutes to Camden Town, 10 mins soho, and so on. Under the bed you have a nice locker for your suitcase, padlocks are provided.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Hi! glad you enjoyed your stay in our wonderful location! Thanks for your review!! Astor Team

Great hostel, would def recommend it!

• 23rd Sep 2014

It's a hostel so nothing great, but not a terrible place either. The kitchen is small, but nice. The staff is really friendly and the beds are comfortable though the pillows are terrible.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Hi thanks for your feedback!! Astor Team

Great staff who were super helpful! Clean beds and good facilities. Loved it so much I came back again and would recommend to anyone else heading to London

Hi Glad you enjoyed your stay!! Tanks for your review!! Astor Team

Good hostel. My room was very small. Breakfast is nothing special, but it was appreciated. Staff was nice. Bathrooms were ok. Location is pretty good.

Thanks for your review! Astor |Team

My friend and I stayed in a 12 bed dorm for three nights & it was great! Quiet room, high ceilings, a fan, could open windows, comfortable beds & clean bathrooms. We never had any issues sharing the bathrooms, our showers were hot and water pressure was good. Breakfast is cereal and toast, but there are plenty of cafes nearby if you want more options. Location was amazing and getting around was easy. Staff was friendly & helpful. Wifi worked well enough, and we loved the patio. Would stay again!

• 18th Sep 2014

Hi! Glad you had a nice enjoyed your stay with us!! Thanks for the review! Astor Team

Really good. Great atmosphere, kind staff, nice that padlocks etc could be hired for free

• 17th Sep 2014

HI!! Glad you had a nice stay and thanks for your review! Astor Team

Staff was very kind and helpful. Unfortunately room too small and hardly any air-circulation. Also, it was very noisy at night (even though I got myself earplugs). This problem comes probably from the fact that the door of the room didn't fully close. Breakfast was alright, toast and cereals. I wished they have had proper coffee, not just the instant version. Asides, kitchen and common room were nice and clean but could have been bigger.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Hi thank you for your review!! We'll inform our maintenance team about door. Astor Team

Spacious rooms, friendly and helpful staff. only 1 shower/toilet per floor and small things like tap didn't work but no one seemed to care to do anything about it!

The hostel is definitely a sight. The building is beautiful, it's right down the street from Hyde Park, very clean. There was a lot going on but it was still a very relaxed atmosphere.

very cheap hostel, in a really great location. Get what you pay for. I would probably stay there again due only to its location.

Hi Glad you had a nice stay!! Thanks for your review!! Astor Team

Friendly staff and hostel in a great location. You can visit some points by walking. But the hostel are divided in two old buildings. This result in a bad first impression, although the rooms are large and comfortable. Specially the rooms at Litter Russell St. Unfortunately the negative point is the toilets are constantly smelling bad (mainly because they are in the basement.

Hi!! Thanks for your review, we'll try to sort out the bathrooms issue ASAP!! Hope to see you back!!

The staff was super friendly. And the others staying at the hostel were very nice and outgoing and liked going out together, so if you're a single traveller, this is a great option for meeting people. Location-wise, you're smack-dab in the middle of London, very convenient. That said, the rooms were pretty small and sparse. And the internet was pretty weak in the bedrooms. But hey, it IS a hostel, right? All we're looking for is a place to rest our heads and a hot shower!

Hi glad you had a nice stay!! Thank you for you review! Astor Team

It was my first experience in a hostel and I must say I loved it. Staff at Astor are lovely, they were very helpfull when I asked questions. Next time I'll be in London I won't think twice to book at Astor. Good value for money with an excellent location!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Malta

Hi glad you had a nice stay!! Thank you for your review! Astor Team

It was great, thank you.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Nice staff, clean rooms and bathrooms thank you! Vibe at the hostel was energetic and friendly - but quiet enough when it came time to rest. I rated poor on facilities because the kitchen is in dire need of work: microwave not working, refrigerator filled with old/frozen food that has been cleaned in a while, and an extension cord on the ground surrounded by water. Not safe!

• 25th Aug 2014

It's not a Hostel you want to go to meet new people or party. The location is excellent though.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed at, hands down. Not even overly busy if you get into one of the 6 person rooms. I had it to myself for a couple nights even. Plus, the kitchen was an absolutely bonus. So nice to cook my own meals, and cheaper too!

• 19th Aug 2014

Friendly staff, squeaky SQUEAKY and shaky beds. Good location.

We felt welcome, the staff was very attentive to what we could need. However, the 8-bed room was a little crowded, and some of the roomates weren't really discreet when coming back at night.

• 18th Aug 2014