Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Small common areas and bathroom facilities. Wifi didnt work in the room.

Thank you very much for staying with us, we take every guest's feedback into consideration and our staff always strive for the best quality experience! We have installed fibre optic superfast Wifi that works throughout the building. We are sorry to hear that you had a small issue with it, we have already checked our speed and made sure that we do what necessary to stabilize our connection. Enjoy the rest of your travels! Best, Astor Museum team.

Up: The staff were really pleasent. Very clean. Quite good location. Good price. Pretty quiet, except for a group that arrived in the first night making a bit noise. Downs: None Just to have in mind, I had to stay in the other building and there was no Bathroom in the floor - they have a sink in the bedroom. And they are a youngster Hostel, which means that probably could have people comming and going at night. Those are not bad things, but It is good to consider.

• 11th Dec 2015

Thank you so much for staying with us, we are really glad to hear you had a pleasant stay and there were no downsides. We have showers and bathrooms located on every floor outside the rooms, next time you stay with us our receptionists are available 24/7 to assist you with anything, even with keeping it quiet in the rooms. Hope to see you soon, safe travels!!! Astor Museum team :-)

I stayed in a dorm available to 4 females. Nevertheless as lucky as I was I was the only one in the room. Very clean. Excellent location for the money. Must mention bad wifi access though:( I was up at the very top and I tried two different wifi options and both of them were next to non existent upstairs in the room:( very good and fast downstairs though!:) overall I would defo stay there again.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Poland

It was a very memorable stay for me at the astor museum inn. I would say all the staff's were amazing. They will welcome you with a smile which will dissipates your long travel tiredness in seconds, they were courteous and very helpful in nature. The location is best as you can literally walk to the nearest tube/bus station and other major attraction in central London. I would give 5 out of 5 to astor museum inn.

• 8th Dec 2015
  • India

Thank you so much for your amazing comments! This is exactly how we want our guests to feel, travelling is fascinating but sometimes tiring and our staff know this. We are always available to help you with anything you need. Enjoy the rest of your travels and we are looking forward to your next visit. Best, Astor Museum team.

Friendly staff, good beds. Pretty good vibe at the hostel but the showers and bathrooms weren't very nice and there were no towels in the toilets.

Hi! Thank you for your kind words about our staff, attention and sleep quality matter to us. We are sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with the cleanliness but we will make sure to work hard and achieve the best results! Also, our reception is open 24 hours where towels are provided with a minimum charge. Enjoy the rest of your travels and we hope to see you again in London. Astor Museum team.

Very nice location but old building, small bedrooms with low comfort

Incredible location. Fantastic staff. Security is good with lockers underneath the beds. Rooms are quite small with just enough space to walk in and beds are ok. £1 breakfast is simple and good and the money goes to charity. Plenty of good coffee shops in the neighbourhood too!

Loved everything about it!

The female dorm was certainely not clean. I asked twice if they could vacuum the room, Also because I heard a mouse in the night. Also the staff was very loud in the evening/night I could hear them all the way on the top floor.

• 6th Dec 2015

Ok hostel but there was really no atmosphere. People sit in the reception on their phones/computers mostly. There is a kitchen and an area to hang out in, but no one to gather people there. Nice and friendly staff. Clean toilets etc. Oh and there is no sangria and drinking games (even tough they promote there to be one) at least in the winter. So if you are looking for a hostel with a great atmosphere and friendly fiestas this might not be the one for you! Otherwise it was nice!

Amazing staff & super chill atmosphere

Loved the atmosphere, the staff is super friendly and helpful. Only thing I didn't like were the hard mattresses. Overall I would come back.

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

A really nice Hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful. Doorms and bathroomes are clean. The Doorm was big so everybody had enough space. Breakfast is good.

Great staff and accommodation. Met some awesome people and loved every bit of the trip! Would highly recommend to anyone!

Great location, right by the British Museum.

Loved you guys, thanks for everything!

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Croatia

Exceptionally awesome hostel. The location was the best I've ever seen in London--you're literally looking out the front door at the British Museum--and the facilities were great too (good showers, plenty of toilets, excellent and well-stocked kitchen, comfy living room with TV, comfy beds, and very good wifi). But best of all were the staff. Andre was absolutely stellar--super helpful and friendly from the get-go. Gave me great directions and recommendations, and really went above and beyond.

• 17th Nov 2015

pretty small dorm-room, barely space to move around.

• 16th Nov 2015
  • Austria

The staff goes to great lengths to make your customers comfortable. Everything is super clean. Location is excellent. Price the best in the area. I will definitely return to Astor Museum hostel very soon.

• 15th Nov 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great stay with very friendly and helpful staff. Only thing is it would be good to have more power sockets in the dorm as I was unable to charge my phone.

• 13th Nov 2015