Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

This is a great place to stay for backpackers. It has a great location. The staff there are very friendly and always willing to help where they can. The place also has a relaxed atmosphere. Will dedinitely stay here again when in London.

Hi! Thanks for your amazing review! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! You're more then welcome, if passing through London again! Lots of love! AM Team

I did actually enjoy staying at Astor Museum. I usually choose hostels with a central location, and Astor Museum is, obviously, very central-- Oxford Street, Camden, Covent Garden, and it's right in Bloomsbury. It's an excellent place to sleep a few hours, but if one needs to do more than sleep I think that might be beyond Astor Museum's capabilities as a hostel.

This place is awesome, everything about the hostel was perfect, wifi is strong, beds were comfortable, hot showers and staff are so nice & so helpful. Couldn't say anything negative about this hostel. Staff cooked guests a Sunday roast also amazing food, just a great atmosphere. You have to come here.

Loved our stay here! Staff is awesome and you're in a seriously prime location. We will definitely be back.

HI! Our location is indeed the best in London!! Thanks for your awesome review!! Hope to have you with us again! Ciaoo! AM Team

Loved it!!! Wish it was all over Europe

Hi! Thanks for this awesome feedback! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Enjoy the rest of your trip around Europe! See you soon! AM Team

Lovely stay. Everything was generally clean except the toilets got stopped up a few times. One possible problem is that there aren't enough outlets in the rooms per person. I stayed in an 8-bed dorm and there were only 5 or 6 plugs. This never actually ended up being a problem. I would recommend this to anyone looking to stay close to London and a deal. Close to subway station.

• 28th May 2015

We loved our stay at Astor Museum Inn! Location was great, facilities were clean, lots of fun outings to pick and choose from. Only downside was how loud the hostel was. Not the people, literally the doors and floors creaked and squeaked like no other haha. Not a huge deal, just something to note :) thanks for a great stay!

We stayed at Astor Museum for 8 days. Our first day, we were assigned to a very tiny room on the ground level. It was great we didn't have to carry our luggage but room was to small and difficult to open the door even. Next day we moved to another room on the top most floor (5th floor) for the remaining 7 days. One of the staffs helped us carrying our luggage up but climbing up the stairs day after day was extremely tiring.

• 24th May 2015
  • South Korea

I stayed in the second building and the door never closed all the way which is very unsafe. It was always open when I returned. Besides that everything was lovely!

The locker under the bed have some problem, I can't lock it. And the power supply I think should be upgraded, there are only one power board in the 16 dorms.

• 20th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

The staff was so amazing! So helpful, funny, a super good-time and generally just so welcoming! Made new friends no doubt. Showers & bathrooms were tidy, clean, smelled good and were always stocked. Breakfast is abundant and I think it's amazing the money they ask for goes towards a different charity every few months/year (we paid in bulk at the end of our stay!) Hostel is walking distance to so many places, routes and subway station.. And the quiet neighborhood means good sleeps! RECOMMEND 100%

Perfect place to sleep at night while going out and about during the daytime! We had a great stay!

• 14th May 2015

Good The hostel is easy to find. Close to the suway, museum, and the neighbourhood is really nice. Staff is friendly.Wifi works throughout the hostel Bad The first night the toilet didn't flush properly. That's kind of dirty. I didn't experience this hostel as there were people wanting to share their experiences. Everyone was quite to him/herself Ugly Staff told me i could get the bus in the morning without a card. Turns out that was not the case. I missed my flight. That cost me a lot of money

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry about the misinformation you've been given, we will find out who was and take measures to assure it doesn't happen again. Apologize again. Best Regards. AM Team

Great hostel in great location. Only complaints were the bathrooms should be cleaned a little more often with the amount of people.

Hi!! We have two cleaning shifts a day and one during night. We are sorry you didn't enjoyed totally your stay with us. Thanks for your feedback, we will see what we can do to improve obviously. Best Regards, AM Team.

Staff is friendly and super helpful!

• 11th May 2015
  • Colombia

Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The atmosphere was awesome and everyone in my room was very friendly, we all went hung out and people were down to talk and be friendly, not just sit on there phones. The people working here were awesome and very helpful. Location was perfect to walk or tube to anything. It was really clean, the cleanest bedding I've ever had in a hostel. I'd definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• 11th May 2015

It's fine, but the staircase is a bit treacherous and the "lockers" in the room aren't very secure, even when locked, because there's more than enough room to remove things through the bars. One thing that bothered me was that they pressure you into making a "donation" for the free breakfast, which is just toast and cereal and instant coffee, and you have to do you own dishes/trust that dishes done by previous tenants are acceptably clean. You can't beat the location, though.

Hi!! The cages in the rooms are for luggage. For little bags or electronic components we have lockers in the lounge that can be used for free. Breakfast is £0.50 that go into charity, not free. Sad you didn't totally enjoyed your stay obviously. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels!! AM Team

It was a great place to stay! The location is great if you want to be around central London and theres a tube station a few blocks away so its easy to get pretty much anywhere. There was also laundry which was a very nice plus! The staff was very nice and helpful when asking about their opinions about what we should do during the day - they had a lot of information for us!

Across the street from the British Museum, two blocks from the metro, and steps away from bars restaurants and theaters you cannot go wrong with this location. The staff was great and very informative. We had no issues whatsoever with this hostel. They have lockers under the bed and feel comfortable all around. We stayed until wee hours in the morning and not once did it feel dangerous. Would definitely stay again when in London and would recommend

• 8th May 2015

We arrived at the hostel, waited to be checked in, we were told we would be staying at the secondary location across the street. If you get put here you might as well go to another hostel. There is absolutely no security or hostel staff presence, the door is left wide open because it doesn't lock properly. There is no common space and only 2 bathrooms for all 8 rooms unless you want to go downstairs to the dingy basements at night when the door has been left open - no thanks.

Hi! Unfortunately that door has been playing a little bit due to overuse but with a good pull or push it locks, also the rooms are all locked and we are located in one of the safest neighborhoods of London. Staff members actually stay in that building too. Obviously a new lock has been ordered and will be replaced soon.Sorry you didn't enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your feedback! AM Team