Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Had such a blast here! The staff are great, the vibe is amazing. Ideal place if you're young, people really use the lounge and kitchen areas, not great if you're a light sleeper though, they often stayed up past 1 am. The staff were fantastic, super helpful, tons of fun. I'd come back in a heartbeat.

Hey! You two were awesome guests :) a shame you weren't around for the Canada vs. Sweden final! Enjoy Barcelona and the rest of your travels!

Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and very laid-back. Terrific people all around.

• 14th Feb 2014

I LOVE this hostel so much! everyone is so friendly and helpful and as a solo traveller i felt so at home here. The staff are amazing, they make you feel so welcome in a city that can be a little overwhelming at times. If you are hesitating about booking here then DONT. I promise you wont regret your stay.

It was a blast having you! Come back any time.

Great hostel, great staff!

Thank you so much! You were an awesome guest. Safe travels!!!

The wash facilities were not good at all with plasters found in the shower areas.

• 11th Feb 2014

My first hostel experience, and a good one! Not bad as far as hostels go (I understand), good vibe, decent rooms and facilities, only criticism (and really just down to the people there at the time) the breakfast provided is decent, but the kitchen opens on to a tiny courtyard where people can smoke and there can be quite a strong smell coming into the kitchen while people are eating- not the end of the world, but not the most pleasant for non-smokers. Also, really great location!

• 8th Feb 2014

We're happy you enjoyed your first hostel experience with us! We really try hard to have a good vibe, clean rooms and good facilities. With that said we're sorry that some of the cigarette smoke got into the kitchen while you were eating! We try and make sure that the door is completely closed when people are out there. Happy travels and see you again soon!

Nice location, nice staff, good value for money... I got exactly what I wanted when I made the booking - plus it was great that you get free wifi, adapters and locks!

Hey! Thanks for the kind words :) We try to give everything out for free, as we know how expensive it can be in London :) Come back soon!

very nice hostel; awesome staff, staff was very helpful and caring about the visitors, showed us nice places on the maps, helped us with directions, friendly atmosphere

We're glad you had a great time :) it was awesome having you!

We loved our stay at the hostel, but we were very taken aback when we saw a mouse in the room! Of course I understand that it's an old building so it's bound to have some rodents, but I feel like the staff could have responded better when we told them. Also, there was a lot of garbage outside our window (room 1), which I think attracted the mice. The mice returned every night and nibbled at our food right through our bags! We had to hang it up by the door to keep it safe.

• 7th Feb 2014

Hey! We're really sorry to hear that you saw a mouse! We try and tell all of our guests not to have food and drink in the rooms as it attracts rodents. We have a big kitchen with lots of cupboards for food storage for this reason. We hope you still enjoyed your stay in London and hopefully we'll see you again soon!

great atmosphere. receptionists were very nice (especially sam and the girl with the red hair). met a couple of really cool people here, who i hope to stay friends with for a while.

The guys were good to us and helped us when we needed it .! Really enjoyed the stay even if things outside our control occurred on the trip.

• 4th Feb 2014

Hey! It was really great having you guys, and we're glad we could be a help when you needed it. Please do visit again next time in you're in the city and good luck with everything.

This was honestly one of the best hostels I have ever been to..The management and staff where amazing...there is a free breahfast every morning,and something 2 do every night...make sure you are there for monday night at the walkabout and heaven afterwards..so any one looking for a good time in the center of London,go to the astor museum

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It was really great hanging out with you while you were here. Come back again soon buddy!

The best location, beautiful area, dorms are okay, nice view, atmosphere of guests not as friendly, staff friendly and helpful

The location and the neighbourhood are really good. The hostel is right in front of the British Museum. The breakfast was good, my opinion is to have it as soon as possible because it can be very crowded. Overall experience very good!

great location, friendly staff

I slept in a four-bed room with a hard access (the stairs for the fourth floor are very small). The staff and my roommates were excellent. Unfortunately, we had noisy and disrespectful neighbors.

• 26th Jan 2014

Had a great time, thanks to the great staff of the hostel. This was surely one of the best hostels I've ever been, and I travel a lot. No hidden charges or anything and they even lend you a converter for your phone for free, when you need it the most. Keep up with the good work guys.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Slovenia

It was wonderful having you! Thanks so much for the kind feedback, we hope to see you again in London soon!

Great location if visiting British Museum or Queen's theatre. Small room but friendly staff and no fussing with making own beds/ stripping the bed next day!

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Wales

We like to keep it simple :) I'm glad you had a great time, and enjoyed our extremely central locale. Thanks for the kind words! See you again soon!

there was a mouse in the bedroom

• 20th Jan 2014

hey, just wanted to give you an update! we listened to your feedback and had the little guy taken care of. We're sorry if it scared you!

I had a good stay at Astor Museum Inn, absolutely great, central location. I always felt safe walking around even at night. The staff was very nice and helpful from the start. No lift. The carpet in the room was really dirty but the bed was clean. The cage under my bed for my luggage was broken and really difficult to open/close/lock, but I made it work. Free breakfast, and kitchen was fully stocked and constantly maintained by staff. Wifi was free, but really spotty or nonexistent sometimes.

• 19th Jan 2014