Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Location is amazing. Safe neighborhood and very quiet. Staff is very friendly.

If you want reasonable accommodation in central London, this is the place to be. This place has some good things going for it, which is due to their great staff. We stayed in the "other" building, which was a few blocks away from the actual hostel. This meant for breakfast and socializing in the common room we would have to make the walk over, which was just a minor annoyance.

Great place! Breakfast include and it was nice. The location is amazing and perfect for those spending a day in London and then moving on. Loved the blanket which was was super soft and great to sleep under :) the only thing is that I expected the check out time to be a bit later, but it was at 10am. Although it ended up being just a motivation to get out earlier and see move or the city :)

The hostel is just opposite to the British museum so it's a nice choice to museum lovers. We lived in a 12-bed dorm but we didn't meet a lot of people there. The atmosphere was not very good and it seemed people only talk in their circles. And people always smoke besides the kitchen and seldom close the door. Wifi is very slow. I don't think it's very worthy, but if you only want a place near the museum it's just fine. For travelers to London, I will recommend Astor Queensway instead.

Great hostel! Would DEFINITELY stay there again!!!!

Best time of my life here! Great location, the best staff, good wifi, good facilities. Love Michael and Ethan.

• 24th Jun 2014

You can only get your room in the afternoon, but on the other hand you have to leave it early next morning.…their excuse was that the cleaning. A cleaning who was difficult to find the result of…The bathroom had a thick layer of dirt, as well as the floor in our room. I drooped something under the bed, boy I wish I wouldn't have had! The rooms had very thin walls, and as it was a building far from the reception guest made a lot of noise..

• Denmark

I had an excellent stay at Astor Museum! The staff were uber friendly. Beds were made on arrival which was a nice touch. The only negative comment I have is that the wifi didn't reach all the way up the Annex to the top floor in my room. The staff is well aware and hopefully something will be done to fix it. Overall, great time at Astor! Thanks guys.

• 24th Jun 2014

there is the most valuable hostel I have ever stayed in London.

I would like to ask the hostel to do me a huge favor and pass my email address to a girl, which was in the same room as me (A7) in the night of June 25th to 26th. We didnt had the opportunity to talk as I was late to check out, but would really like to see her again. She had dark hair and spent only that night in the hostel. Tell her, Im the guy she asked if I was Australian, and I answered, that Im from Switzerland. I know this sounds unusual, but please pass my email to her. Thank you so much.

• 23rd Jun 2014

One if the best hostels in London! Always clean and quiet, great spot and the staff are always friendly!

The bunk beds can be a bit wobbly when people are moving on them, and the under-bed lockers noisy (which is a shame as the doors close nice and quietly), but everything else is great.

DON'T STAY IN THIS HOSTEL! I had such a awful experience here. I stayed one night. Staff were not nice at all, not a cool atmosphere to stay, noise place, the bathroom were not cleaned every day. The only pro was the location, but you may find better places close to it. London was awesome even though I stayed at this hostel.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The hostel is located right in front of The British Museum. You can get The London Eye and The Big Ben walking about 25 minutes. Near of the hostel you can find supermarkets and restaurants easily. There are two underground stations near the hostel. The kitchen is very good. The breakfast is ok. The bathroom and shower are a little bit tiny, but are clean. There is a nice living room and the staff is incredible.

Staff was amazing! So much fun and so welcoming. Location for the price could not have been better. With the British Museum being so massive it was nice to be next door and I could just stop over and see it an hour at a time on a break from other activities in the city. Bike hire station across the street was great. Free breakfast a huge bonus too. Will definitely recommend.

• 19th Jun 2014

I stayed there at the beginning of May as well and there had been improvements - key cards instead of keys and wifi everywhere. Again, the staff were very helpful (and they can speak an incredible amount of languages), the location was great. This is definitely a party hostel, and while that isn't my thing, I think if I had wanted to, as a solo traveler, I could have found people to go out with, and the staff could have given tips too.

Staff was very helpful and personable, and all the other guests seemed great. Amazing location. Rooms and beds were very clean, which is the most important thing. Ran out of room keys my first night, which was a little inconvenient. They also ran out of locks to loan, so I'd suggest bringing one just in case. All-in-all, well worth the money.

• 17th Jun 2014

Location is excellent, right next to the British Museum and within easy walking distance to many touristy areas. The toilets and shower areas were very clean but I was uncomfortable walking on the carpet in the room barefoot. They do a good job keeping people quiet late at night. They also have free WiFi and luggage store, which is always nice. Staff was generally friendly and helpful.

Has everything you could need and the location is great, so no complaints!

One of the largest and cleanest dorm rooms I've seen. I was very comfortable staying here. Some staff were great, others were very disinterested. The free breakfast was definitely a plus. Location great for walking to many places in London, which is hard to find in a hostel here. I would definitely recommend it.