Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

I stayed ten days in this hostel. The welcoming was very great. The team was so fun and really professional. I liked to live over there. But the facilities and equipments could be renovated in the room TV for example. But thanks to the team, that doesn't change the quality of my stay.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Need update and fresh refurbished each bathroom!

• 22nd Oct 2014

The code for the door got changed and we had no way of knowing since they put a notice in the room after we had already left for the day and that was incredibly awkward to come back to. Very mold covered bathroom and the shower felt really dirty and often was covered in pubic hair. Not a lot of outlets in the room and had a ridiculously loud cage under the bed to lock up my stuff in, also saw a mouse running around. Really great location though as it's close to the tube and lots of attractions.

Hi!! Staff is aloud in the dorms just during the cleaning shift, that's why the notice have been put after you left, we have a staff member at reception 24hours so i guess someone opened you up. Showers are getting repainted and being shared and in use almost all day is hard to keep them clear of hair. Run some water before you get in might help. We'll go through the cages and fix the noise where possible. Pest control is already in action.Thanks for your review! AM Team

Front Door cant close perfectly.

Hi! We fixed that issue with the door! Thanks for your review!! AM team

great hotels to be, very nice staff and good facilities

Hi!! We are happy you had a nice stay with us! Come back if you're around. ;) AM Team

Great value for money.

Hi!! thanks for your review!! See you next time! AM team

Hosts were absolutely lovely and super helpful. The place is very nice. Super close to everything, especially the thermes de spa. Loved my stay here. Clean, cosy and wonderful place to stay with welcoming and friendly hosts. Comfortable bed, delicious breakfast too.

• 18th Oct 2014

Hi!! Glad to read you had a nice stay, it was a pleasure to have you with us!! Come back whenever you want!! AM team

We spent two nights recently at Astor Museum, and we were woken up by more than one rodent under our beds (no food was present in the room.) When we told the front desk all they said was sorry. This proved to me that such happenings is common at this hostel. A budget hostel or not cleanliness should not be taken for granted. People are traveling great distances to reach London, it was a horrible way to be greeted. Also- 99% of places would comp for the night, not just say sorry.

• 17th Oct 2014

Hi! Unfortunately this kind of problem is common in the area and in historical buildings such ours. A pest control is already in action but it takes some time to actually do the job. When you visit next you'll probably find out that the problem as been cleared. AM Team

Staff was friendly and very helpful

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Hi!! We're always there if you need something!! Come visit again!!thanks for your review!!! AM Team

We booked a 4 bed room and it was perfectly fine. The staff was really friendly and helpful, central location, bright rooms, clean bathrooms and a nice atmosphere. Me and my friends would definitely recommend this hostel and stay there again the next time we visit London.

Hi!! glad to read you had a nice stay!! You're welcome anytime!!! Thanks for your review! AM Team

Really friendly and helpful staff. Good value for money.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Hi!! Thanks for your review!! come visit again!! AM team

I had an amazing time in London staying at the museum inn hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was nice and organized.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Hi! Glad you had a nice stay and thanks for your review! AM team

We specifically booked this hostel for its facilities (laundry, kitchen), but upon arrival we were placed in the annex building, a 5 min walk away, which defeated the purpose of having these facilities on site. It was a good hostel, but having to walk to the main building for these facilities was annoying. Internet in both buildings was also down half the time too.

overall it's an OK hostel, but there has got to be one with better value for money. the private room was tiny and extremely expensive, poor decoration, the shared shower haven't been cleaned during our whole stay (5 days !). I would go only if there are no other options.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Hi! Our toilets and showers are cleaned everyday 2 times a day, being a shared shower it might have been used just after we cleaned it. If we were not cleaning them for 5 days trust me that you'll probably found some kind of mini-ecosystem in it.We'll work obviously on the rest of your review. Thanks for your feedback. AM team.

there is no machine to offer drins at the properties where the individual rooms are.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Greece

Hi! We'll work to get one. Thanks for your review!! AM team

My room was located in another building, 2 min walk, witch revealed to be not very practical since the kitchen and common room were in the main building. Also not the best place to socialise if you are a lone traveller, but the location is very good. To pricie for the conditions offer.

Cannot fault this hostel. Great staff (big shoutout to Kye and Tom) and weekly's give the hostel a great atmosphere. Very social hostel as there is always something happening in the kitchen or common room or the new deck. Location is great for exploring London by day or checking out the nightlife and the staff always know of the best events happening in the city. 10/10

H!! Glad you had a nice stay and that you socialized with our staff! You'll always be welcome! Thanks for your review!! AM Team!

It's a good hostel overall, and I'd stay there again, but WOW does the downstairs need a deep cleaning. Dorm carpet needs to be replaced, there's water damage in the bathroom, and the shower walls have mildew. The staff room... guys, I know it's private, but when the door is left open it's visible to guests as they walk by. Rooms get cluttered over long stays, but if I see a mouse run from the staff room to the luggage room, there's a bigger problem.

Hi! The hostel is being refurbished, you probably seen the builders around so the problem you mentioned are all on their way to be fixed, thanks for your feedback. The staff room is private indeed. AM team

This hostel was one of the best (and the last) hostels I stayed in durning my whole travels. The staff are so helpful and welcoming, it made me considering staying and seeing if I could even grab a job there! If I ever go back to London I'll come back for sure!

• 30th Sep 2014

Loved my stay here, was perfect for what I was looking for and the people was excellent. Awesome atmosphere and vibe. Probably the best in London!