Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

I had a great time and the staff was super helpful with everything!! And I love the idea of the 1 pound breakfast destined to charity! Great job!

Staff were extreamly friendly and helpful! They do everything in there power to make your stay a good one! Breakfast was basic but good and I love that the pound goes to a charity! Loved my stay

All the rooms are secure by keycard, which was super reassuring. They also have lockers under the beds if you want to lock your stuff there. The beds were okay, nothing like I'm used to in America, but the cormforter was super warm and cozy. I didn't eat breakfast, but they did offer it. The wifi is spotty, but it works enough for things you need. The location was okay. I did have some trouble getting to it was the Holborn tube because of all the turns I had to make, but it's not that far.

• 9th Nov 2015

Tha staff is nice, but the girl who explained how to get to the other location spoke incredibly fast, and I asked again, and she still spoke too fast for me to remember. It's not about my English skills, it's about coming tired and wanting to find a place to drop my bags and rest a bit, and it would be nice if they had some understanding for the lack of concentration one might experience in such a situation. Also it would be nice if she'd mentioned that the other location does not have a sign.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Slovenia

Great stay at Astor Museum Inn. Lovely staff and crowd. Location is perfect for all who want to be near Covent Garden & Trafalgar Square and its suroundings. Can't wait to come back :)

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Bulgaria
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Not the best but very good location. The breakfast was lovely and the beds were comfortable. I would recommend you to stay here.

Apart from the mice that live in the room and go through your luggage (even though I didn't bring food) the stay was pleasant: staff was friendly, location great (right behind the British Museum) and the hostel and rooms properly secured (key card access).

It was clean and a fairly good location, not too far from the underground stop Holborn and walkable to Covent Garden and even Picadilly Circus area. The surrounding neighborhood seemed safe and there's a station for the city's bike rental service right outside. The receptionist was always willing to help, bathrooms are fairly clean, and the dorms are nothing to complain about. I was there by myself and I met some cool people, but I did expect it to be more social than it was.

• 28th Oct 2015

Great location and security. Only 1 complain, there's only one outlet with extension for the whole 16-bed dormitory. so basically everyone have to leave their phone far away overnight for the charging. that's definitely need improving.

Everything was great. Our oh minor complaint would be the heat! It was so hot in our room even after we turned it off. The radiator just kept pumping it out. We opened the window and the temp was fine.

• 26th Oct 2015

hostel. Stayed in a 6 bed, there was enough room and linen was clean. Kitchen were great. Only issue was the lack of showers/toilets...very few to with all the other guests. And during my stay, atleast 1 of the 3 toilets were blocked.

I found the hostel very warm and comfortable. Great location, easily walk around london. I will be staying again.

Toilets don't always fully flush contents. People checking in and out in the middle of the night in 16 bedroom made it bothersome.

Good location for a London trip and very friendly and nice staff. However, there are only very few toilets and showers for a lot of rooms, cleanliness could also be improved. There is also only one big light in the doorms so when people arrive late and switch on the light to find their bed, everybody else wakes up... all in all it was ok but very(!) basic.

• 23rd Oct 2015

The location is very good. It is very closr to the tube (Holborn station) and it is almost in the front of Britsh Museum. It is very easy to move in London when you're in this hostel. But actually I thought that it was too much expensive. I paid a lot of money to stay in a 16 bed bedroom. In my opinion it could be cheaper. And they also charge one pound for the breakfast, which in my opinion is not cool, because you already pay a high amount to stay there.

Staff were amazing and super helpful! Breakfast for 1 pound (which goes to charity) is very basic, but worth it. Only problem was that the beds were quite uncomfortable.

• 21st Oct 2015

- The services (reception, tv room, kitchen, etc) and the rooms are in separated buildings... About 1 block away... If you need anything you have to walk back to the main building - Beds very uncomfortable - The rooms building smelly - Staff not efficient

The people there were really lovely. And the crocodilo was a good guy.

• 19th Oct 2015

The hostel really really needs plugs next to the beds, as we live in the age of cell phones. Charging my phone in the common room for 1,5 hours when I needed to sleep really wasn't functional. Please invest in sockets! Also the decor could use some work, instead of quirky the hostel just seemed a bit messy / dilapidated.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Finland

gettin better every time, great time in the hostel!, :) everything was amazing!! thanks !!!!!