Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

there was a mouse in the bedroom

• 20th Jan 2014

hey, just wanted to give you an update! we listened to your feedback and had the little guy taken care of. We're sorry if it scared you!

I had a good stay at Astor Museum Inn, absolutely great, central location. I always felt safe walking around even at night. The staff was very nice and helpful from the start. No lift. The carpet in the room was really dirty but the bed was clean. The cage under my bed for my luggage was broken and really difficult to open/close/lock, but I made it work. Free breakfast, and kitchen was fully stocked and constantly maintained by staff. Wifi was free, but really spotty or nonexistent sometimes.

• 19th Jan 2014

Great staff, great location! Had a lot of fun :)

We enjoyed meeting you! Glad you had a good time :)

The staff was really good and also the location, but the fact of the place you have to put your bag makes so much noise and also there was only 1 light and 1 plug for 4 people, which wasn't enough at all. The noise made by the bed was really annoying because even if you don't want to make noise if you're leaving or arriving during the night is impossible, including the fact that there wasn't enough room to leave the luggage out of the bed.

• 17th Jan 2014

I had a great experience in this hostel. It's very well located and the staff is really friendly and helpful, especially Inés! La mejor y más linda! I'd definitely go back whenever I get the chance!

Hey Ivan!! Muchas gracias :) We are really glad you had a good time, hope to see you again when you're back in London. Happy travels!

Awesome stay at Museum. The staff went out of their way to help out with anything and everything, even booking me a taxi at 4am to get to the airport. Bathrooms and dorms were always spotless and location is unmatched - brilliantly central and close to Tube, Oxford St, supermarkets and directly opposite the amazing (free!) British Museum. Cosy, chilled lounge area and kitchen with free breakfast make this incredible value for central London. Staff are top notch - huge thanks to Jon and his team!

The ROOM 2 (first hostel) is really not good. I can't understand to pay the same price that my friends (second hostel) and to have these differences.

• 11th Jan 2014

This appeares to be a very safe part of town, and its easiness to find is probably the hostel's best part. Otherwise, although everything was very adequate with the place, it was entirely small, old, and unspectacular. I have found other hostels in London I would prefer, but I would not really mind going back here, either. It's entirely average with a great location and security.

I really liked staying at the AMI. Had tickets for the Donmar theatre in Covent Garden which is just a short walk away. Hostel directly across from the British Museum, Holborn station close. Great location. All staff was super nice, friendly, and helpful! Figured after my stay that it says in their email they strictly cater for age group 18-35 only. Well, I'm 36 and they still let me in. Would love to know why they have an age restriction coz I'd love to go back and stay with them.

• 7th Jan 2014

Hey! We're glad you had an awesome time with us :) Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback as well, that's much appreciated!

Location is very good and i liked a lot the fact there is a place for the suitcase under the bed. What I didn't like is that the hostel was too hot (heating system) and my room was in the last floor (4th) and there is no lift. The rest was ok and I would recommend this hostel.

The location of this hostel is amazing. Right behind the British Museum, and so close to the main places of the city. The dormitories are OK, as well as the toilets and showers.

Shared Bathrooms could be more clean. Good environment for young travellers and very nice staff.

I've stayed at a few hostels in London, and it's easily my favorite. The location is perfect, being walking distance to all of the Central London attractions. It's clean and it's safe, though granted, I've yet to find any hostel in London that has the same community atmosphere that I've seen in Europe. Still, as a place to rest your head after a day of touring around London, this is the best deal around.

Great location, comfortable rooms and common areas. The people didn't seem very open to chatting/making friends with new guests and most guests seemed to keep to themselves.

The toilets and the bathrooms are dirty. and the wifi is poorly to be connected in rooms!

very nice stay, bit noisy with neighbours, but clean and nice, thanks a lot!

• 21st Dec 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff were awesome which made a contagious positive vibe for all the other guests. it was a clean hostel and when it was too cold to cold outside I could just watch a movie in the tv room or chat with someone in the kitchen. An inspiring experience! !!

• 15th Dec 2013

Astor museum inn was a great hostel to stay at. Walking distance to everything. The staff were super helpful and friendly and were very thorough with details. The hostel itself has a great atmosphere and the rooms are nice and clean, as are the toilets and showers. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and will stay again when I return to London.

• 15th Dec 2013

This hostel is in a very central location. To me that was the only great thing about it. Unfortunately, the storage lockers under each bed were extremely noisy, I could here one screech open from the room on the floor below me. The WiFi would cut in and out (I was on the third floor, not sure if better on others) and the bathrooms weren't v. clean (the place seems quite old). A sign on one shower door had a statistic about how much water you save per year if you pee in the shower, eek.

• 14th Dec 2013

great location and lovely staff.