Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Great location and very helpful staff, just a shame that the toilets & showers are so dirty.

Excellent place to stay.

Fantastic location that's right across from the British Museum in central London! Had very clean rooms and showers and really helpful and friendly staff! Was really quite a lovely place to stay.

Stayed in multiple hostels in London but this was by far my favourite. The location is optimal, so close to so many things and nights out were easy to get to and from thanks to the proximity to the tube, and even when it wasn't running, a taxi wouldn't cost so much or even walking wouldn't take too long. Toilet and shower facilities at times were a bit not up to par, but I'm not pedantic about this. What made up for it was the incredibly friendly staff who are always enthusiastic and happy.

Great service and really nice staff! The toilette door wouldn't lock, but appart from that no problem at all. Highly recommended!

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

The place is not exactly in shape. Yes, it's a hostel and money does not just keep pouring in, but there are cheap and easy ways to make a place feel like it's cared for. The virtual inexistance of a common area to quiet down after a long day out and about is a definite and big minus. Also the first thing one sees upon entering is the first floor toilets. Not exactly the most welcoming sight. Room right on noisy street. Make that the lounge and the back room into a smaller bedroom. Staff great.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Had a great time during my second stay at the Astor Museum Inn. Love the location, the laidback atmosphere, staff and the other guests. Just not the one(s) who stole my water from the fridge on a 30 degrees (celsius) day. One word to you, thief: karma.

This was my second stay and I'm sure I'll be back. I absolutely love the location and it's great that the hostel is clean, quiet but sociable, has comfy beds, and extremely helpful and friendly staff! Highly recommend!!!

The staff was just amazing! They were so ready to help and had answers for every single question! The facilities are good enough. Not a brand-new place, but well kept. Bath and toilet facilities were very clean every time I needed. I would stay again if return to London.

I liked the hostel, and it was in a great location. However, staying in a 16 person dorm, it was very awkward that the beds didn't have individual lights next to them. This meant that if people were still up while you were trying to sleep, you couldn't really turn off the light. I probably wouldn't have stayed here if I had known that was going to be what it was like. Also, there were only a few outlets.

• 21st Jun 2015

I stayed in the overflow building. The door was hard to shut, so people tended to leave it open.

• 20th Jun 2015

Was a bit dirty in the kitchen and bathrooms but nothing outrageous. I couldn't access the ladder on my bed because of bed placement so the top bunk situation was difficult. Location is super nice though, lots going on in the area. Kitchen and rec room were usually busy with people, great place to chat. Some staff were more friendly than others. Over all I recommend.

Great location opposite British museum. A lot of thought has gone into security. Only 1 toilet and 2 showers on my floor. Some noise from other people and pipes when showers in use. Overall great value for money and you won't find better for a £1 breakfast.

Very good hostel with a very friendly staff. The location is also very good you are in the Center of London. I will definitely recommend this hostel.

The location couldn't be better, in a very safe and beautiful area right across from the British museum. Close to multiple tube stations. Felt quite secure and staff were nice and helpful. However, the facilities themselves were pretty dingy, small and could use a facelift. We were on the top floor in a twin private - it was extremely warm and stuffy up there with no room for luggage really. Probably best for those traveling alone wanting a small, intimate hostel experience.

Only stayed here one night, just to sleep, but the location is great and worth the money for where it's at. The 6 bed dorm was a little cramp and there's only 1 bathroom on the first floor but it does the job, and was quiet so it was easy to get food sleep! Overall the place seemed a little homely and dated but can't complain for the price

Loved staying here! Amazing people and location. Can't wait to come back!

• 14th Jun 2015

Location is great and has kitchen facilities.

Staff was super friendly and helped us with moving in and gave us advice on things to do in the city. Pillows seemed a bit old and may need to be replaced. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and my experience overall was a great one!

Clean! Great location, friendly staff!

• 12th Jun 2015