Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Great place, enjoyed my time here, cant fault it

Staff living on the premises created an odd environment for guests. The ablutions were pretty gross and stank of mould.

Have stayed here on numerous times over the years. Pleasant stay once again.

When I got there around 1pm, I tried to check in, but was told it won't be ready until 2pm, so had to wait. I had my luggage with me, but the luggage storage room was a closet downstairs not behind anybody working. Even though it required a key, seemed like they gave it to just anyone. The person at the front desk looked young and not professional at all, chatting up with her friends and whatnot. gave me a map of my place, was VERY hard to find, she hand-drew the map. ridiculous.

is a wonderful hostel, the workers are wonderful!! The location is great!

Location is amazing. Safe neighborhood and very quiet. Staff is very friendly.

If you want reasonable accommodation in central London, this is the place to be. This place has some good things going for it, which is due to their great staff. We stayed in the "other" building, which was a few blocks away from the actual hostel. This meant for breakfast and socializing in the common room we would have to make the walk over, which was just a minor annoyance.

Great place! Breakfast include and it was nice. The location is amazing and perfect for those spending a day in London and then moving on. Loved the blanket which was was super soft and great to sleep under :) the only thing is that I expected the check out time to be a bit later, but it was at 10am. Although it ended up being just a motivation to get out earlier and see move or the city :)

Very good hostel! Friendly staff, good beds, and bathrooms. I didn't like the fact that the rooms are in another building so you have to walk a few meters in the street to get to the kitchen and lodge. Other than that I had a nice stay and recommend

The hostel is just opposite to the British museum so it's a nice choice to museum lovers. We lived in a 12-bed dorm but we didn't meet a lot of people there. The atmosphere was not very good and it seemed people only talk in their circles. And people always smoke besides the kitchen and seldom close the door. Wifi is very slow. I don't think it's very worthy, but if you only want a place near the museum it's just fine. For travelers to London, I will recommend Astor Queensway instead.

Great hostel! Would DEFINITELY stay there again!!!!

Best time of my life here! Great location, the best staff, good wifi, good facilities. Love Michael and Ethan.

You can only get your room in the afternoon, but on the other hand you have to leave it early next morning.…their excuse was that the cleaning. A cleaning who was difficult to find the result of…The bathroom had a thick layer of dirt, as well as the floor in our room. I drooped something under the bed, boy I wish I wouldn't have had! The rooms had very thin walls, and as it was a building far from the reception guest made a lot of noise..

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

I had an excellent stay at Astor Museum! The staff were uber friendly. Beds were made on arrival which was a nice touch. The only negative comment I have is that the wifi didn't reach all the way up the Annex to the top floor in my room. The staff is well aware and hopefully something will be done to fix it. Overall, great time at Astor! Thanks guys.

• 24th Jun 2014

there is the most valuable hostel I have ever stayed in London.

I would like to ask the hostel to do me a huge favor and pass my email address to a girl, which was in the same room as me (A7) in the night of June 25th to 26th. We didnt had the opportunity to talk as I was late to check out, but would really like to see her again. She had dark hair and spent only that night in the hostel. Tell her, Im the guy she asked if I was Australian, and I answered, that Im from Switzerland. I know this sounds unusual, but please pass my email to her. Thank you so much.

• 23rd Jun 2014

One if the best hostels in London! Always clean and quiet, great spot and the staff are always friendly!

The bunk beds can be a bit wobbly when people are moving on them, and the under-bed lockers noisy (which is a shame as the doors close nice and quietly), but everything else is great.

DON'T STAY IN THIS HOSTEL! I had such a awful experience here. I stayed one night. Staff were not nice at all, not a cool atmosphere to stay, noise place, the bathroom were not cleaned every day. The only pro was the location, but you may find better places close to it. London was awesome even though I stayed at this hostel.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The hostel is located right in front of The British Museum. You can get The London Eye and The Big Ben walking about 25 minutes. Near of the hostel you can find supermarkets and restaurants easily. There are two underground stations near the hostel. The kitchen is very good. The breakfast is ok. The bathroom and shower are a little bit tiny, but are clean. There is a nice living room and the staff is incredible.