Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

It's not a Hostel you want to go to meet new people or party. The location is excellent though.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed at, hands down. Not even overly busy if you get into one of the 6 person rooms. I had it to myself for a couple nights even. Plus, the kitchen was an absolutely bonus. So nice to cook my own meals, and cheaper too!

• 19th Aug 2014

Friendly staff, squeaky SQUEAKY and shaky beds. Good location.

We felt welcome, the staff was very attentive to what we could need. However, the 8-bed room was a little crowded, and some of the roomates weren't really discreet when coming back at night.

• 18th Aug 2014

I stayed in a 6-bed dorm which was very small, the bathroom was also tiny and could have been a bit cleaner. All in all I enjoyed my stay very much.

• 18th Aug 2014

Some of the most friendly staff I've ever met. They're always on hand to answer any questions, point you in the right direction of the some place to go or just generally to help in any way that they can. Great atmosphere and great hostel.

Staff was nice and helpfull. Has good location and the breakfast is really nice. Although the cleanliness and facilities didn't match to the price a bit poor for my point of view.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

The location is incredible, right beside the museum, lots of good restaurants close by. It's a 10 min walk from the tube station. 20 min walk from Covent Garden. The atmosphere was good. Nice people, you have to go out of your way to meet partiers which is kind of nice. A couple of the toilets were clogged. Wifi worked everywhere pretty well.

We stayed in a private twin room on the top floor. Probably not well suited for light sleepers due to additional noise from other guests and noise of showers. Breakfast was fairly standard however the location was great and wifi was reliable.

Good facilities, good hostel (great location, nice area, relatively clean and safe). My one critique though is of the staff. There were 2 excellent receptionists who were informative and friendly, but the rest of the staff seemed like they absolutely despise their jobs. While replacing breakfast stocks, they threw around bread and boxes haphazardly, slammed cupboards, were impatient with guests. The friends I stayed with also described their encounters with most staff as 'rude'.

• 15th Aug 2014

Big room and very nice for the big storage area under the bed and also providing padlock to borrow. Everything is fine but I was really shocked by a little mouse I saw in the common area when I was working on my computer at night, I hope it just get a wrong way from outside. Excellent location, my friend loves British museum and I went for musical in Piccadilly Circus every night, I can easily walk back!

Unfortunately old buildings in London have this kind of issue, we already contacted a pest control company. Glad you enjoyed your stay and Thanks for your review!

The place was great ,smashing Definately will visit again -)

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel, really friendly staff, very secure, awesome vibe around the hostel with the staff acting as a family. Clean rooms and good location quick walk to everything and close to Trafalgar Square.

The pillows and blankets were both old and a bit dodgy... Although covered in clean linens. For the amount of money they made per night per room, they should be able to replace the gross carpets and get bunk beds that don't move around so much whenever the top bunk person gets up and down. It was hard to get a good nights sleep here. But the location was safe and nice!

We will work on those issues. Thanks for your review!

The staff were amazing had a great week!

• 11th Aug 2014

Glad you had a nice stay! Thanks for your review!

It is normal Hostel and very basic things. The Staff very nice and speak very languages. The problem is the hostel has two buildings divide, but one and other is not far away. Good experience, for me it is ok just for one night.

This is a hostel just to go and sleep. Nothing else. They have small common areas but good rooms. They don't organize anything, and there is not much interaction between people staying there. There is no atmosphere for that. The staff does not interact with guests. They are more a closed group of friends. So, if you are looking for a place to sleep, it's a good hostel, because they have good rooms and bathrooms. For anything else, chose another place.

We will work on that. Thanks for your review!

Best hostel I have ever had the opportunity to stay at. The staff (if they were on the clock or not ) were always ready to help me or give me directions. They 3 people that stick out in my mind are Ky and Thomas M. (the aussies) and Kymmi. Kymmi would ask how my day went when she was doing her daily cleaning rounds while Ky and Thomas always made sure I was comfortable and didn't feel left out.

• 8th Aug 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to see you again!! Thanks for your review!

Excellent price for the location, and quiet area for a good nights sleep. Great staff, clean bathrooms and bedrooms which is what we were after - we were out during the day (and a good part of the night) so this was perfect. No idea what the communal facilities were like but the cafe down the road does a good bacon sandwich. And the pub is open late.

Glad you had a nice stay! Thanks for your review!

Everything was really great, the accommodation, the staff, the location. Thank you for beautiful 7 days in London and I hope we'll see each other soon! We are already recommending Astor Museum Inn to our friends :-)

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Croatia

Glad you had a nice stay!! Thanks for your review!!