Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Not my first time at this hostel, and definitely not the last one - I love the place :-). Zuzana

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Fun hostel in a good location

HI! Thank you for your great review!! Come and visit us again!! Lots of love! AM Team

We found the hostel had a really central location as well as being extremely clean and the staff friendly. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely consider it again.

Everything was perfect!

HI!! Thanks for your awesome review!! Pleasure having you with us! Lots of Love! AM team

Nice. Cheap.

Good stay, everyone was fairly helpful. It would be nice if there was some paper towel or a hand dryer in the bathrooms so you can dry your hands without using toilet paper. Although I am not sure if this is the case for every toilet, as I didnt visit every one (or just the one on the very top floor).

HI!! Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback! Happy you enjoyed your stay with us, we'll consider your suggestion and work to get you a perfect stay next time!! AM Team

Not a bad hostel, showers a bit gross and annoying but staff were nice and location is awesome!

The staff were extremely helpful. The rooms and bathrooms always appeared clean and maintained as well. My only complaint is that there was a lack of bedside power outlets and the beds/luggage trays were extremely sqeaky. Still had very good value for money.

HI!! Thank you for leaving us your feedback! We will consider your suggestions so next time you come you'll have a perfect stay with us! Lots of Love! AM Team

I really enjoyed this hostel. So close to the tube and the British museum right next door. Great location.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave this amazing review!! We are glad you enjoyed our location and your stay with us! Lots of Love! AM team!

The twin private room is very small with nothing but a sink, bunk bed, and a table. There is no storage space - not even hooks for clothes. The bathroom is ok clean. You are paying for the location, that's about it.

This is a great place to stay for backpackers. It has a great location. The staff there are very friendly and always willing to help where they can. The place also has a relaxed atmosphere. Will dedinitely stay here again when in London.

Hi! Thanks for your amazing review! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! You're more then welcome, if passing through London again! Lots of love! AM Team

I did actually enjoy staying at Astor Museum. I usually choose hostels with a central location, and Astor Museum is, obviously, very central-- Oxford Street, Camden, Covent Garden, and it's right in Bloomsbury. It's an excellent place to sleep a few hours, but if one needs to do more than sleep I think that might be beyond Astor Museum's capabilities as a hostel.

This place is awesome, everything about the hostel was perfect, wifi is strong, beds were comfortable, hot showers and staff are so nice & so helpful. Couldn't say anything negative about this hostel. Staff cooked guests a Sunday roast also amazing food, just a great atmosphere. You have to come here.

Loved our stay here! Staff is awesome and you're in a seriously prime location. We will definitely be back.

HI! Our location is indeed the best in London!! Thanks for your awesome review!! Hope to have you with us again! Ciaoo! AM Team

Loved it!!! Wish it was all over Europe

Hi! Thanks for this awesome feedback! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Enjoy the rest of your trip around Europe! See you soon! AM Team

Lovely stay. Everything was generally clean except the toilets got stopped up a few times. One possible problem is that there aren't enough outlets in the rooms per person. I stayed in an 8-bed dorm and there were only 5 or 6 plugs. This never actually ended up being a problem. I would recommend this to anyone looking to stay close to London and a deal. Close to subway station.

• 28th May 2015

We loved our stay at Astor Museum Inn! Location was great, facilities were clean, lots of fun outings to pick and choose from. Only downside was how loud the hostel was. Not the people, literally the doors and floors creaked and squeaked like no other haha. Not a huge deal, just something to note :) thanks for a great stay!

We stayed at Astor Museum for 8 days. Our first day, we were assigned to a very tiny room on the ground level. It was great we didn't have to carry our luggage but room was to small and difficult to open the door even. Next day we moved to another room on the top most floor (5th floor) for the remaining 7 days. One of the staffs helped us carrying our luggage up but climbing up the stairs day after day was extremely tiring.

• 24th May 2015
  • South Korea

I stayed in the second building and the door never closed all the way which is very unsafe. It was always open when I returned. Besides that everything was lovely!

The locker under the bed have some problem, I can't lock it. And the power supply I think should be upgraded, there are only one power board in the 16 dorms.

• 20th May 2015