Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Great location right next to the British Museum. The free breakfast is basically just bread, however, and the showers are not very clean (moldy curtains)

Excellent location, staff was cleaning everyday with chlorine and vacuuming every room. We used cards to enter the rooms and we could store our stuff under the bed and lock it. I stayed in the 2-person female dorm for 9 nights, it was small but very quiet and the showers were always empty.

Beds uncomfortable. Besides that, great staff, use of full kitchen and laundry facilities always helpful.

Front door on building doesn't lock. Literally anyone can walk in.

Great location. The staff was very kind and helped whenever asked. There was lots of warm water, so you can take a long shower. Breakfast is great, lots of food to choose and eat. On the other side, the hostel is not that clean, an there is a lot of noise during night, so if you are not a strong sleeper, you wont get much sleep (bring ear plugs!).

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Croatia

The staff was really nice and the atmosphere and location was awesome!

Loved this hostel! Thought the staff were very helpful and enjoyed the space I stayed in.

Wonderful hostel. A lot of beds packed into a room, but that's what I ordered! Showers were nice, beds were comfortable enough, staff was pleasant, breakfast was yummy, and it's city-centered enough to be a hop-skip to anywhere via the Underground. My only, albeit minor negative note is that the lockers are under the bunks, and some of them need WD40 bad because opening them sounds like an army of nails on chalkboards. I felt very bad opening mine at 2:00AM when I got home one night.

Very friendly atmosphere! Staff cool and available.

The first thing that I notice about any hostel are the people working it. Astor Hostel's Museum location is staffed by incredibly helpful, personable, and friendly people who only further contributed to an already awesome stay. The hostel is a bit cramped, but nothing that bothered me. Bathrooms are located a little out of your way when you're trying to get ready for bed, but again, it's a hostel and was nothing that would change my mind about staying here again. Overall a great value.

This is a great place! It has all the necessities, and the staff were all very nice and helpful. It's not a super fancy modern hostel, but it's clean and is worth the great price.

• 8th Oct 2015

Yeah sick hostel great location and most important great staff. Manager was on reception and super friendly and helpful, even if he is a kiwi!

The Astor was a great! There weren't a lot of hostel organized activities that I saw or heard about but that may just be me being oblivious. But if you are looking for a party hostel this wasn't it. I think it's residential location is why. But it was a great place to stay and I loved it! I still met great people and had a wonderful stay and had a ton of fun. The staff was so nice and helpful and they really made the stay amazing. The place was also clean and very comfortable to stay in.

With high hopes for Astor Hostel I was disappointed with minimal bathrooms, no wifi connection in our room (although told otherwise), one power point for six people which broke anyway, and staff being the biggest and worst culprits of noise into the early hours of the night (guests are warned of a 9pm curfew but are staff?). One of the worst hostels I've stayed in.

Astor Museum Hostel was really wonderful. I had an extremely bad experience with a hostel the day before but Astor Museum renewed my faith. It was clean, everyone was really friendly and the location was supreme. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 4th Oct 2015

The hostel and the staff were very lovely and the location was awesome but the room was a bit "dirty". We found some stuff under the bed (bottle cap, elastic...) and the sheets and towel were stained. The mattress were very uncomfortable and the room has no phonic isolation. (we were in a room for 2). A chair in the room would be great (we have no space to sit to put our shoes on/off for example) The breakfast was ok but the kitchen is too small when everybody wants to eat !

• 1st Oct 2015

Great location, walking distance to everything. Clean and up to date hostel! Really easy to meet people if you're travelling solo! Recommend toe Camden pub crawl that the hostel does as well as the free walking tour. Super friendly staff!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Staff are amazing! So helpful and friendly! Hostel is great! Beds are good and dorms are super spacious. Fully equiped kitchen which makes cooking super easy! Amazing location! Walking distance to most main attractions and only a short walk to bus and metro stops if needed!

It was a very good hostel. Big well equipped kitchen, plenty of showers and WC's. Just across the road from the British Museum and close to the British Library. Helpful staff. I recommend it. There was a Play Station to use, a computer as well. No quiet common room though.

Private rooms are located in other building which is 5 minutes walking distance from the main hostel. Pros: Clean rooms, showers and toilets. Great location. Price is really good compared to others. Cons: Mice (or two) in the room which showed up during the night. Sound isolation is terrible. If somebody does anything in the stairway you can hear it.

• 26th Sep 2015