Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Really really good!

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Spain

It was definitely clean enough but left a bit to be desired. Loved the chill and relaxed vibes and generous breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great! We had a good time exploring Oxford street, SoHo and Picadilly circus and Chinatown all within walking distance.The grounds were shaky and it was hard to get a good rest because the bed frames weren't super solid and every time someone moved in their bed it shook my bed, and every time someone walked in, the floor shook.

I had a wonderful stay the this hostel. I've been to many hostels and this one will definitely be in my top 3. Keep up the good work!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Great staff, rooms had decent storage, locks for rent. Great location to get anywhere I needed to. I'd definitely come back!

Really loved this place! The 16 bed dorm was really roomy and nicer than any hostel I've been to. The kitchen is fantastic and the staff extremely helpful. Great atmosphere, had a really fun time!

I'll be too old to stay here in 2 years which makes the 35 age limit a shame. I've stayed here 5 or 6 times - a brilliant location close to Euston and one of the other main underground lines. Security and breakfast is good. The only downside this time was the lack of spoons at breakfast and the cleanliness of some of the dishes (probably down to other hostellers who hadn't washed them properly).

A fantastic stay in this hostel, it's nice, quiet and friendly !

• 16th Apr 2015

Great location and really friendly staff. I found the room a bit claustrophobic with 4 bunk beds squeezed in, but it was comfortable to sleep in. It was a bit of a mission finding a free shower in the morning, but there were lots available so I didn't have to wait too long. The breakfast was a pretty good spread - cereals, white and wholemeal toast etc, but I found it all a bit too sweet and processed. Maybe include some natural yoghurt and museli? Some fruit would have been awesome too.

The staff was amazingly welcoming and helpful! For my first trip abroad solo it was the best experience I could have imagined. Really nice that they loan items versus having to always pay to use them (hair dryer, converter, etc.).

Fantastic location in the centre of London right by the British Museum. Staff helpful and welcoming, and the inclusive breakfast was nice. If the weather's warm, I would recommend against the 4-bed dorms on the top floor as they get very hot and stuffy.

I'm worried there are some mice in the room..

• 14th Apr 2015

Friendly staff! Comfortable beds. Awesome location.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

The hostel is ideal for students and youngsters. The staff was really friendly and they could provide us with handy free maps. Breakfast was quite decent. We stayed in a 6-bed room. The beds looked a bit old, but we slept comfortably. Our room was very close to the living room and sometimes a bit noisy late at night, but people became quiet at midnight, thus allowing us to sleep enough. The location is just opposite to the British Museum, excellent!

Hi!! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a feedback!! We try to keep everyone quiet after 10pm but is obviously really hard due to our young guests. We provide earplugs at reception for free!! Hope to see you again. Lots of love! AM team

I felt very safe staying here! Great location as well, close to two tube stations which made travelling around the city really easy. Atmosphere felt very chill and casual, but seemed aimed more towards young adults (ages 18-24ish). It got a bit noisy at night but I could still sleep fine. The bathroom/shower areas seemed a bit dirty which is my only complaint.

• 11th Apr 2015

Spent 1 week and the staff was magnificient. All of them, reception guys and housekeeping :), really helpfull, kind, friendly. The buildings and facilities are clean all the time. Breakfast is great :D. Maybe a bad point was the noisy saturday night, but it´s normal because the guests are young people who came from parties. The young enviroment was amazing. People from all over the world having a good time. I 100% recommend this hotel and for sure I would come back!! Thanks guys!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Spain

HI!! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We always do our best for every guest to have a good time!! Really happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon!! AM Team

I had a wonderful stay at your hostel! Great location.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

Hi!! very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope we'll have to occasion to have you again! Thanks for your feedback. AM Team

All was perfect.

HI!! Thank you very much for your awesome feedback!! Hope to have you back some time! AM team

I have come to visit this hostel a few times now. I am always happy to see the friendly staff and they do their best to make you feel very welcome and at home. I have stayed in other hostels before, in and around London and have to say that the Astor Museum Hostel is definitely my best choice. I know they have other centres dotted around other locations but the Astor Museum has always been my choice of location and I wouldn't have it any other way. Lovely team and great atmosphere!

• 9th Apr 2015

HI!! Thank you very much for this amazing feedback!! Glad you find yourself comfy with us when you come to London! It's also our pleasure having you here, hope to see you again soon!! AM Team

Loved this hostel. Close to Soho and the British Museum, but not in a super busy area. Close to the metro, giving you access to the whole city. Very friendly and helpful staff. The WiFi was pretty weak on my room on the ground floor, but was better in the rest of the hostel.

Hi!! Thanks for the amazing review!! Very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to have you back!! AM Team

The staff was amazing (especially the cute Aussie Dean) and very helpful. The location is pretty nice, a tad sketch at night but that's it. I would definitely stay again

Hi!! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our amazing receptionist! Thanks for the awesome feedback!! Hope to have you again staying with us. AM Team