Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Very nice place, with good facilities and a staff friendly. The kitchen is big and has all the equipment. The only thing to say, is that the bathrooms in some cases are not so good located according to the rooms (not more than 5 meters). Among that i recommened

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Great staff and location, good breakfast

• 1st Aug 2014

Great hostel within walking distance of most city sites of London. We stayed there twice during our time in the UK, and both times we encountered really friendly, helpful staff and a nice atmosphere.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great stay in this Hostel. It's in central London and really easy to travel around the city. The staff is great and really helpful when you need an advice or anything. Rooms are quiet.

• 28th Jul 2014

Very well located and good rooms. Each bed has a cage where yo can lock your bagagge. Well located, not a bad breakfast. Cool Personell. I would definitely recommend it.

This hostel felt like a student flat to me. Nice staff behind the counter 24/7. Also expect 24/7 noise - I'm a good sleeper but struggled here with music, people talking in the courtyard under the bedroom window and those horrible noisy luggage cages. They stripped the beds without warning us and I lost my sleeping bag liner in the process. They have not replaced it or reimbursed me. Not impressed.

The hostel is in an excellent location, very near to central London. There's a subway station a block away, very easy to get around. The staff is really friendly and helps in everything you need. The cleanliness is not the best, but it's fine. The hostel is split in two buildings and the wifi was very difficult to connect in the second one, for me it just worked at the first floor. And the lockers in my room were broke. But my stay in general was really pleasant.

• 24th Jul 2014

Staff very accommodating and have a useful knowledge of the area from tourist highlights and drinking spots. Would definitely stay again.

• 24th Jul 2014

We didn't have Internet for one whole day which could have been a serious problem for me. The location is awesome but the fact that the Internet doesn't work is terrible

Overall had a really good experience. I arrived before check in time and I was able to store my bags until I could check in. Good key card access system, also the under bed lockers couldn't be locked with a normal suitcase lock. 6 bed mixed room was a little small. Staff were friendly :)

Lockers under the bed: one can rent or bring a padlock. Generally everyone in my room was friendly and I had no lack of trust for them. Staff also sociable. Location brilliant, kitchen good for cooking in. Showers are shared but one person at a time--one locks the door--and the bathrooms seemed clean enough.

Had a lovely time here. Very clean and good breakfasts. Only fault was the tiny smoking area right next to the kitchen so all the smoke stunk out the place. Nice for smokers but horrible for non smokers.

• 20th Jul 2014

The location is AMAZING; right by the British Museum in a very nice area of town and very accessible by Tube and bus. The staff is very friendly and there's someone at reception 24/7 to help you out. The lounge is a nice place to meet fellow travelers, and the rooms and beds were very clean. The bathrooms were a little funky on the bottom floor, where we stayed, but much better higher up, and for the price, it's really not a big deal.

The Hotel was in a great location, although it was difficult to find on a map. It was a great value and most importantly the hostel staff members were extremely attractive. They were also friendly and helpful, but that seems less important. The only negative was the bathrooms were not the best.. Their was only one located downstairs. Side note: they had the best wifi of any hostel I have ever stayed in and free breakfast.

• 18th Jul 2014

The showers and toilets could be cleaned more frequent and better

• 17th Jul 2014

What I liked most about the hostel was the athmosphere. Ive rarely met so many friendly people in one place, and te staff was really helpful and forthcoming.

• 17th Jul 2014

I have only small complaints but it might be nice to see them addressed. No toilet paper in the restroom, no soap in the soap dispenser, no one at the help desk, lock broken to room storage box. The staff was very kind when available. Overall not the most enjoyable experience.

Our dorm was located in another building a few minutes walk away. This was pretty annoying when going for breakfast, asking questions etc. The room (located on top floor) was toooo hot, had bad lockers under the beds (not very safe, made noises), and had almost no WiFi connection. The breakfast was also just so so. On the good side, the location is amazing. And the staff was very helpful and friendly too.

Best hostel I have been to, the staff are great, location amazing, fun and friendly atmosphere. I want to go back to London just for this hostel. It would be better if the bathrooms and showers where updated and cleaned daily.

• 15th Jul 2014

It was my third stay at the museum astor inn and compared to last year the hostel has improved. The staff was rally nice and it was a lot cleaner than last year. I'll come back!

• 15th Jul 2014