Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

It is normal Hostel and very basic things. The Staff very nice and speak very languages. The problem is the hostel has two buildings divide, but one and other is not far away. Good experience, for me it is ok just for one night.

This is a hostel just to go and sleep. Nothing else. They have small common areas but good rooms. They don't organize anything, and there is not much interaction between people staying there. There is no atmosphere for that. The staff does not interact with guests. They are more a closed group of friends. So, if you are looking for a place to sleep, it's a good hostel, because they have good rooms and bathrooms. For anything else, chose another place.

We will work on that. Thanks for your review!

Best hostel I have ever had the opportunity to stay at. The staff (if they were on the clock or not ) were always ready to help me or give me directions. They 3 people that stick out in my mind are Ky and Thomas M. (the aussies) and Kymmi. Kymmi would ask how my day went when she was doing her daily cleaning rounds while Ky and Thomas always made sure I was comfortable and didn't feel left out.

• 8th Aug 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to see you again!! Thanks for your review!

Excellent price for the location, and quiet area for a good nights sleep. Great staff, clean bathrooms and bedrooms which is what we were after - we were out during the day (and a good part of the night) so this was perfect. No idea what the communal facilities were like but the cafe down the road does a good bacon sandwich. And the pub is open late.

Glad you had a nice stay! Thanks for your review!

Everything was really great, the accommodation, the staff, the location. Thank you for beautiful 7 days in London and I hope we'll see each other soon! We are already recommending Astor Museum Inn to our friends :-)

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Croatia

Glad you had a nice stay!! Thanks for your review!!

The location is fantastic, in the city centre on a two-minute walk from Oxford Street and several underground stations. We really liked the atmosphere in the hostel - very relaxed. The showers and toilets on the second floor were fine, but the basement shower/toilet didn't look or smell very clean. My friend would have liked for more staff service at breakfast. Overall I think you'll pay mostly for the excellent location. I liked my stay at this hostel and will likely be coming back.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Very nice place to stay, it is a good price and a helpful staff

Large rooms, but the mattresses and pillows were really thin, not very good for people who quickly suffer from soar backs or muscles

We will definitely renew the pillows during the winter. Thank you for the review.

The location is near by British museum. And the staff is a nice man. But the room is not clean.

Working on that! Thank you for your review!

location was great, facility was so so. i was put in the alternate location which was only a minute away and closer yet to the museum. but its a tiny apartment building and there are only 3 showers on the ground floor plus basement for 7 suites to share.

• 4th Aug 2014

We are aware of that and improvements plans have already been taken. Thank you for your review!

Very nice place, with good facilities and a staff friendly. The kitchen is big and has all the equipment. The only thing to say, is that the bathrooms in some cases are not so good located according to the rooms (not more than 5 meters). Among that i recommened

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Great location in the 'heart of London', can walk to Soho and other famous attractions such as Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament and the Tate Modern are a short Tube ride away. Stayed in the 10 bed dorm room, slightly tatty furnishings and there was only four power sockets for the whole room. Free breakfast is very good, bunch of cereals, breads and spreads and drinks. Atmosphere is great, plenty of people to share stories and hang out with. Decent.

Great staff and location, good breakfast

• 1st Aug 2014

Great hostel within walking distance of most city sites of London. We stayed there twice during our time in the UK, and both times we encountered really friendly, helpful staff and a nice atmosphere.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great stay in this Hostel. It's in central London and really easy to travel around the city. The staff is great and really helpful when you need an advice or anything. Rooms are quiet.

• 28th Jul 2014

Very well located and good rooms. Each bed has a cage where yo can lock your bagagge. Well located, not a bad breakfast. Cool Personell. I would definitely recommend it.

This hostel felt like a student flat to me. Nice staff behind the counter 24/7. Also expect 24/7 noise - I'm a good sleeper but struggled here with music, people talking in the courtyard under the bedroom window and those horrible noisy luggage cages. They stripped the beds without warning us and I lost my sleeping bag liner in the process. They have not replaced it or reimbursed me. Not impressed.

The hostel is in an excellent location, very near to central London. There's a subway station a block away, very easy to get around. The staff is really friendly and helps in everything you need. The cleanliness is not the best, but it's fine. The hostel is split in two buildings and the wifi was very difficult to connect in the second one, for me it just worked at the first floor. And the lockers in my room were broke. But my stay in general was really pleasant.

• 24th Jul 2014

Staff very accommodating and have a useful knowledge of the area from tourist highlights and drinking spots. Would definitely stay again.

• 24th Jul 2014

We didn't have Internet for one whole day which could have been a serious problem for me. The location is awesome but the fact that the Internet doesn't work is terrible