Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

You can only get your room in the afternoon, but on the other hand you have to leave it early next morning.…their excuse was that the cleaning. A cleaning who was difficult to find the result of…The bathroom had a thick layer of dirt, as well as the floor in our room. I drooped something under the bed, boy I wish I wouldn't have had! The rooms had very thin walls, and as it was a building far from the reception guest made a lot of noise..

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

I had an excellent stay at Astor Museum! The staff were uber friendly. Beds were made on arrival which was a nice touch. The only negative comment I have is that the wifi didn't reach all the way up the Annex to the top floor in my room. The staff is well aware and hopefully something will be done to fix it. Overall, great time at Astor! Thanks guys.

• 24th Jun 2014

there is the most valuable hostel I have ever stayed in London.

I would like to ask the hostel to do me a huge favor and pass my email address to a girl, which was in the same room as me (A7) in the night of June 25th to 26th. We didnt had the opportunity to talk as I was late to check out, but would really like to see her again. She had dark hair and spent only that night in the hostel. Tell her, Im the guy she asked if I was Australian, and I answered, that Im from Switzerland. I know this sounds unusual, but please pass my email to her. Thank you so much.

• 23rd Jun 2014

One if the best hostels in London! Always clean and quiet, great spot and the staff are always friendly!

The bunk beds can be a bit wobbly when people are moving on them, and the under-bed lockers noisy (which is a shame as the doors close nice and quietly), but everything else is great.

DON'T STAY IN THIS HOSTEL! I had such a awful experience here. I stayed one night. Staff were not nice at all, not a cool atmosphere to stay, noise place, the bathroom were not cleaned every day. The only pro was the location, but you may find better places close to it. London was awesome even though I stayed at this hostel.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The hostel is located right in front of The British Museum. You can get The London Eye and The Big Ben walking about 25 minutes. Near of the hostel you can find supermarkets and restaurants easily. There are two underground stations near the hostel. The kitchen is very good. The breakfast is ok. The bathroom and shower are a little bit tiny, but are clean. There is a nice living room and the staff is incredible.

Staff was amazing! So much fun and so welcoming. Location for the price could not have been better. With the British Museum being so massive it was nice to be next door and I could just stop over and see it an hour at a time on a break from other activities in the city. Bike hire station across the street was great. Free breakfast a huge bonus too. Will definitely recommend.

• 19th Jun 2014

I stayed there at the beginning of May as well and there had been improvements - key cards instead of keys and wifi everywhere. Again, the staff were very helpful (and they can speak an incredible amount of languages), the location was great. This is definitely a party hostel, and while that isn't my thing, I think if I had wanted to, as a solo traveler, I could have found people to go out with, and the staff could have given tips too.

Staff was very helpful and personable, and all the other guests seemed great. Amazing location. Rooms and beds were very clean, which is the most important thing. Ran out of room keys my first night, which was a little inconvenient. They also ran out of locks to loan, so I'd suggest bringing one just in case. All-in-all, well worth the money.

• 17th Jun 2014

Location is excellent, right next to the British Museum and within easy walking distance to many touristy areas. The toilets and shower areas were very clean but I was uncomfortable walking on the carpet in the room barefoot. They do a good job keeping people quiet late at night. They also have free WiFi and luggage store, which is always nice. Staff was generally friendly and helpful.

Has everything you could need and the location is great, so no complaints!

One of the largest and cleanest dorm rooms I've seen. I was very comfortable staying here. Some staff were great, others were very disinterested. The free breakfast was definitely a plus. Location great for walking to many places in London, which is hard to find in a hostel here. I would definitely recommend it.

I had a lovely stay

• 15th Jun 2014

Good stay! However, when we had a snoring roommate, they couldn't provide for earplugs. Would be a plus

• 15th Jun 2014

An ok hostel, it's ran by backpackers so the bare minimum is done to keep you happy. Not that clean and hard to make friends because the backpackers who work there seem to hog everything. I felt like I was interrupting them if I had to ask the staff something. No activities were organised and staff didn't seem knowledgable about London. Good safe location though

The staff is nice, but they have problems with the availability of the keys, my sister and I spent a weekend without one because they didn't have enough for all the guests, so every time we came in we had to call someone to open our room's door for us. Really anoying.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Sorry but I don't recommend on this place. I came at the middle of the night and someone was sleeping at my bed. Thair was no one at the recepation that i could talk with him. I went to sleep at my friends house at London. at the morning i told to the recepation that i did not have whare to sleep so the guy told me: "the world is not perfect, and i can not refund your money" for me it is only money, for this business it is a bed comeent:)

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Israel

Everything was good! People who work there is awesome! specially the blond girl (sorry, I'm bad remembering names). The bed was really confortable! the shower perfect! (just a little hard to open for a girl with wet hands). The WiFi was fine and breakfast good.

• 11th Jun 2014