Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

I stayed there at the beginning of May as well and there had been improvements - key cards instead of keys and wifi everywhere. Again, the staff were very helpful (and they can speak an incredible amount of languages), the location was great. This is definitely a party hostel, and while that isn't my thing, I think if I had wanted to, as a solo traveler, I could have found people to go out with, and the staff could have given tips too.

Staff was very helpful and personable, and all the other guests seemed great. Amazing location. Rooms and beds were very clean, which is the most important thing. Ran out of room keys my first night, which was a little inconvenient. They also ran out of locks to loan, so I'd suggest bringing one just in case. All-in-all, well worth the money.

• 17th Jun 2014

Location is excellent, right next to the British Museum and within easy walking distance to many touristy areas. The toilets and shower areas were very clean but I was uncomfortable walking on the carpet in the room barefoot. They do a good job keeping people quiet late at night. They also have free WiFi and luggage store, which is always nice. Staff was generally friendly and helpful.

Has everything you could need and the location is great, so no complaints!

One of the largest and cleanest dorm rooms I've seen. I was very comfortable staying here. Some staff were great, others were very disinterested. The free breakfast was definitely a plus. Location great for walking to many places in London, which is hard to find in a hostel here. I would definitely recommend it.

I had a lovely stay

• 15th Jun 2014

Good stay! However, when we had a snoring roommate, they couldn't provide for earplugs. Would be a plus

• 15th Jun 2014

An ok hostel, it's ran by backpackers so the bare minimum is done to keep you happy. Not that clean and hard to make friends because the backpackers who work there seem to hog everything. I felt like I was interrupting them if I had to ask the staff something. No activities were organised and staff didn't seem knowledgable about London. Good safe location though

The staff is nice, but they have problems with the availability of the keys, my sister and I spent a weekend without one because they didn't have enough for all the guests, so every time we came in we had to call someone to open our room's door for us. Really anoying.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Sorry but I don't recommend on this place. I came at the middle of the night and someone was sleeping at my bed. Thair was no one at the recepation that i could talk with him. I went to sleep at my friends house at London. at the morning i told to the recepation that i did not have whare to sleep so the guy told me: "the world is not perfect, and i can not refund your money" for me it is only money, for this business it is a bed comeent:)

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Israel

Everything was good! People who work there is awesome! specially the blond girl (sorry, I'm bad remembering names). The bed was really confortable! the shower perfect! (just a little hard to open for a girl with wet hands). The WiFi was fine and breakfast good.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Great location and the staff were fantastic. It's a shame they let themselves down on cleanliness.

Really nice stay, welcoming staff. Perfect for some days in London. I will be back !

• 10th Jun 2014

BAD !! We booked one room of 8 beds because we were 8 guys. We chose this hostel because of we want stay between us. The booked room was only for us... At our arrival, the receptionist tell us that we will be devise in two rooms of 4 people, one in front of the other one... A little disappointment. When we went in the room they had 4 people in each rooms, so we were not alone... We had to wait approximately 2 hours. Only the boss has accepted to arrange the situation.

• 7th Jun 2014

The hostel is all right, but I would expect more for the price. The location is good. Simple breakfast (cereals, toasts and very sugary juice). Helpful and amiable staff.

The hostel itself was pretty normal compared to other hostels, nothing bad to say about it but nothing spectacular. What made me really like this hostel was the fact that they let me store my bag there for ten days for free after I stayed at the hostel while I traveled to other places outside of London, it was such an amazing service!

• 5th Jun 2014

While the hostel was extremely well located and quite clean, a MAJOR issue was the soundproofing of the room, or rather the lack of it. We were repeatedly woken up by guests in other rooms opening & closing their doors (believe us, the doors make a huge noise) and could quite clearly follow conversations of people around us. Another problem was that even though we had a sink in the room, the water was not drinkable.

I couldn't connect to the WIFI once I close the door of the room at first floor. Other than that, everything is great.

Absolutely loved the place. Chill atmosphere, really friendly and helpful staff, place was nice and clean, and they had a fully stocked kitchen with free breakfast. There's also a lounge room with movies to watch. No stresses at all here. Great location, good security. Overall AMAZING value for the money.

The location is good and the staff is very friendly. Include breakfast is good, although there is not much choose. But the facilities is not good enough. When i having a shower, the water suddenly stop. And the upper bed didn't have charging, it's very inconvenient.

• 28th May 2014