Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

We booked a 4 bed room and it was perfectly fine. The staff was really friendly and helpful, central location, bright rooms, clean bathrooms and a nice atmosphere. Me and my friends would definitely recommend this hostel and stay there again the next time we visit London.

Hi!! glad to read you had a nice stay!! You're welcome anytime!!! Thanks for your review! AM Team

Really friendly and helpful staff. Good value for money.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Hi!! Thanks for your review!! come visit again!! AM team

I had an amazing time in London staying at the museum inn hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was nice and organized.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Hi! Glad you had a nice stay and thanks for your review! AM team

the location makes up for anything I may otherwise complain about. The atmosphere is nice, the hostel is good, and the location is just awesome!

We specifically booked this hostel for its facilities (laundry, kitchen), but upon arrival we were placed in the annex building, a 5 min walk away, which defeated the purpose of having these facilities on site. It was a good hostel, but having to walk to the main building for these facilities was annoying. Internet in both buildings was also down half the time too.

overall it's an OK hostel, but there has got to be one with better value for money. the private room was tiny and extremely expensive, poor decoration, the shared shower haven't been cleaned during our whole stay (5 days !). I would go only if there are no other options.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Hi! Our toilets and showers are cleaned everyday 2 times a day, being a shared shower it might have been used just after we cleaned it. If we were not cleaning them for 5 days trust me that you'll probably found some kind of mini-ecosystem in it.We'll work obviously on the rest of your review. Thanks for your feedback. AM team.

there is no machine to offer drins at the properties where the individual rooms are.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Greece

Hi! We'll work to get one. Thanks for your review!! AM team

If you are an auctioneer and thrust out your words as a machine gun spit bullets, you will maybe be able to follow all the instructions and information given at check-in. The girl speak far too fast. The hostel? Wonderful experience, safe and with enough space. Good breakfast also, but it would be even better if there was some juice or something like that to drink. Perfect location and it is easy to walk to landmarks downtown, CN tower or Air Canada centre for example, as well as the metro.

My room was located in another building, 2 min walk, witch revealed to be not very practical since the kitchen and common room were in the main building. Also not the best place to socialise if you are a lone traveller, but the location is very good. To pricie for the conditions offer.

Cannot fault this hostel. Great staff (big shoutout to Kye and Tom) and weekly's give the hostel a great atmosphere. Very social hostel as there is always something happening in the kitchen or common room or the new deck. Location is great for exploring London by day or checking out the nightlife and the staff always know of the best events happening in the city. 10/10

H!! Glad you had a nice stay and that you socialized with our staff! You'll always be welcome! Thanks for your review!! AM Team!

It's a good hostel overall, and I'd stay there again, but WOW does the downstairs need a deep cleaning. Dorm carpet needs to be replaced, there's water damage in the bathroom, and the shower walls have mildew. The staff room... guys, I know it's private, but when the door is left open it's visible to guests as they walk by. Rooms get cluttered over long stays, but if I see a mouse run from the staff room to the luggage room, there's a bigger problem.

Hi! The hostel is being refurbished, you probably seen the builders around so the problem you mentioned are all on their way to be fixed, thanks for your feedback. The staff room is private indeed. AM team

This hostel was one of the best (and the last) hostels I stayed in durning my whole travels. The staff are so helpful and welcoming, it made me considering staying and seeing if I could even grab a job there! If I ever go back to London I'll come back for sure!

• 30th Sep 2014

Loved my stay here, was perfect for what I was looking for and the people was excellent. Awesome atmosphere and vibe. Probably the best in London!

Kye an Thomas are superb hosts very entertaining. Kimi is a very cool and welcoming manager and Hailey is the best receptionist ever! Happy days- this a great hostel! With a good party vibe that you can opt in or out of as you choose. Very clean, good showers! Brilliant!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

Hi! Glad you enjoyed staying with us! Thanks for your review! AM team!

This hostel was nice and friendly and would stay here again. The dorm rooms were a little hot but all round I enjoyed my stay.

• 28th Sep 2014

Hi!! Glad you had a nice stay and thanks for your review! AM Team

Great hostel in superb location, very friendly and helpful staff. My only complaint is that the wifi doesn't really work, especially upstairs, and there is a dearth of plugs throughout the building.

• 27th Sep 2014

Hi! Glad you had a nice stay and thanks for your feedback! We'll get more plugs and fix the wifi ASAP! AM team

Excellent location, but a bit too expensive regarding the quality of the room.

• 26th Sep 2014

Staff makes you feel welcome and prove to be available if needed.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Great location and good for the price. The atmosphere isn't great for meeting people and it could be a bit cleaner but for this hostel is a great choice for the location!

I stayed in the AMI for the third time. It is perfect Located to explore London. The Staff is friendly and helpful. The Breakfast is Okay. The house is old but for a short stay fair enough. It was my first stay in a Dorm and i missed readinglights. If i go Back to London i will return for sure...