Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Great Place, great service and great enviroment. The location is the best you can get. People is always there to help you. 100% Recomended!

great location. clean hostel.

Stay here a lot.. Good location the baths need a touch up and more cleaning

We stayed in other building due to non-availability at main building. There are no pictures of this place on Hostel World Website. It was a noisy place, beds are not comfortable and it was not really clean. On the first and second night we heard some strange noises inside the room but we did not see anything. On third night we heard the same noises and we saw 4 RATS inside the room! They had no other rooms available and we had to find other place to stay 3 am. I do not recommend this to anybody!

Pretty average considering it was one of the more pricey budget hostels. Wanted to pay a bit more to stay somewhere nicer but average rooms, not enough plugs, and no real atmosphere. Also I had £100 stolen because the lockers are too big for an average sized lock to fit. Oversell, fine if you need to stay somewhere for a night or two.

Definitely the best hostel I stayed at. Amazing and always smiling staff, wonderful location, cheap rooms and very good security - what 's more to desire? I am sure I will always chose Astor when I am in London. It's so very worth it!

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Poland

We are two young girls who were paired with two older, non English speaking men each night of the four nights we stayed there. I find it hard to believe no other girls were staying there, felt quite uncomfortable

really good value for money. will definitely stay there next time in london

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Israel

I spent a good time here, met some lovely people. The staff were really friendly and helpfull. Bathrooms not bad but cleaning could be improved I suggest. Internet is not good in the room, it work best in the living room. Some more space for chatting with people would have been a plus. Overall, it's a nice place :)

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Syria

Had to stay in a seperate building down the street around the corner which was annoying because then you had to walk outside in the public to go and use the kitchen or lounge. Staff were good, looked after my bags all day when I departed.

All in all I had a great stay here, although I was a little disappointed by the dingy basement floor shower and tiny space for a toilet (could barely open the door past the toilet bowl!) the taps are endless flow none of that 10second timed tap nonsense, breakfast was standard cereals but cost £1 which goes to a charity so you feel good, a nice kitchen space too. Awesome staff, very friendly, helpful and informative, great location walking distant to Covent Gardens, Oxford St, Soho.

This hostel is one of the best i have ever known. They give a card to open de doors; it is 24h; they include breakfast and collect money for charities. They give you a lock to keep your things. The location is great. They printed me my boarding pass for free! All the staff was very nice and kind.

The door to room 2 doesn't close properly, otherwise good. The only other thing I could ask for is more bathroom facilities and maybe an upgrade of them.

• 8th Sep 2015

I really enjoyed staying here. The location is perfect. Only thing that can be improved is the common area so the travelers can meet other travellers. I'd definitely come back and stay here

• 8th Sep 2015

Lovely hostel, very friendly staff and excellent location. Loved how friendly other travellers were in the big welcoming kitchen

Excellent atmosphere, good hostel and the staff try to help you whenever you need. I recomend it!

Astor Museum Inn was an okay place to stay in London. It's fairly centrally located, not too confined within the tourist areas, and definitely secure ~ with sizeable lockers, luggage storage and keycard access to the front and dorm doors. It has a well equipped kitchen and tv room, but lacks any real atmosphere, although most staff members were friendly, approachable and happy to help. The rooms themselves were large and open which was a plus, but the bathrooms and showers were the opposite.

I had an amazing time. the location is perfect, the staff are very welcoming, and the people are great! the common areas are great fun and you always meet new and interesting people. i would definitely go back there on my next trip to London!

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Israel

Honestly nothing bad to say about this place! It is small, but clean and with an very good atmosphere. The employees are great, kind and helpful. The bed are very comfortable. The location of the hostel itself is AMAZING. Will return to London soon and will 100% sure book there again!

• 1st Sep 2015

The website hugely misrepresents what a private room entails. The pictures on the website are not real and do not reflect the reality of the hostel, and this was confirmed by the staff themselves. The private room was a tiny narrow room with 2 single beds and room for nothing else. In the pictures there was rooms with double beds but according to the manager that is reserved for staff only. We cancelled our booking after only one night of sweating in the tiny corridor of a room.