Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Overall had a really good experience. I arrived before check in time and I was able to store my bags until I could check in. Good key card access system, also the under bed lockers couldn't be locked with a normal suitcase lock. 6 bed mixed room was a little small. Staff were friendly :)

Lockers under the bed: one can rent or bring a padlock. Generally everyone in my room was friendly and I had no lack of trust for them. Staff also sociable. Location brilliant, kitchen good for cooking in. Showers are shared but one person at a time--one locks the door--and the bathrooms seemed clean enough.

Had a lovely time here. Very clean and good breakfasts. Only fault was the tiny smoking area right next to the kitchen so all the smoke stunk out the place. Nice for smokers but horrible for non smokers.

• 20th Jul 2014

The location is AMAZING; right by the British Museum in a very nice area of town and very accessible by Tube and bus. The staff is very friendly and there's someone at reception 24/7 to help you out. The lounge is a nice place to meet fellow travelers, and the rooms and beds were very clean. The bathrooms were a little funky on the bottom floor, where we stayed, but much better higher up, and for the price, it's really not a big deal.

The Hotel was in a great location, although it was difficult to find on a map. It was a great value and most importantly the hostel staff members were extremely attractive. They were also friendly and helpful, but that seems less important. The only negative was the bathrooms were not the best.. Their was only one located downstairs. Side note: they had the best wifi of any hostel I have ever stayed in and free breakfast.

• 18th Jul 2014

The showers and toilets could be cleaned more frequent and better

• 17th Jul 2014

What I liked most about the hostel was the athmosphere. Ive rarely met so many friendly people in one place, and te staff was really helpful and forthcoming.

• 17th Jul 2014

I have only small complaints but it might be nice to see them addressed. No toilet paper in the restroom, no soap in the soap dispenser, no one at the help desk, lock broken to room storage box. The staff was very kind when available. Overall not the most enjoyable experience.

Our dorm was located in another building a few minutes walk away. This was pretty annoying when going for breakfast, asking questions etc. The room (located on top floor) was toooo hot, had bad lockers under the beds (not very safe, made noises), and had almost no WiFi connection. The breakfast was also just so so. On the good side, the location is amazing. And the staff was very helpful and friendly too.

Best hostel I have been to, the staff are great, location amazing, fun and friendly atmosphere. I want to go back to London just for this hostel. It would be better if the bathrooms and showers where updated and cleaned daily.

• 15th Jul 2014

It was my third stay at the museum astor inn and compared to last year the hostel has improved. The staff was rally nice and it was a lot cleaner than last year. I'll come back!

• 15th Jul 2014

I had an AMAZING time at the Astor Museum in! The staff is really nice and I met plenty of amazing people. I'd highly recommend this place for young people travelling around the world and looking for a great time in London!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The location is great. The facilities could be better especially the bathrooms. All and all is a good option in central London.

It's a good location. the place is clean and comfortable. only down side is the kitchen and reception is situated at another building from the room we were arranged. It's inconvenience to walk over the streets to have breakfast and have our meal.

Although i stayed at the hostel for just two nights, i loved the atmosphere and how helpful the staff was. The community kitchen was the best part about the hostel! I will be sure to recommend the place to my friends!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • India

We were told to take our own padlocks to the hostel and that we would have access to lockers in our room. There were lockers, but they were unuseful because the had no the "thing" to lock the locker and mantain it close. We could just close our luggage. In our bedroom, from 8 locker just 1 was right.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Dosli na preporuku frenda i sve u svemu savrsena lokacija, okej dorucak i ekipa. Ako budem opet u Londonu opet cu tamo jer je u centru grada sto je meni bitno jer sam cijelo vrijeme svejedno vani.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

Great location, Breakfast is what you expect in a hostel ( toast, cereal, juice, yogurt). Bathroom on the second floor clean. Staff everyone was great except one guy who seemed more concerned hanging out with his girlfriend than helping you check in and explain things. It was average. Okay service

• 9th Jul 2014

My room was in a separate building a few streets away so getting access to somethings was not difficult but less easy. The dorm was good close to the British museum and good tubr stops/buses. Best shower for the whole trip but was on ground floor and I was on the 4th. Didn't get to breakfast cos it was in the other building but the common room there was good if small. Clean and with great staff. I'll Def be staying again.

Great place, enjoyed my time here, cant fault it