Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

The staff was helpful and friendly, the beds were clean, the showers were hot and the location for museum-goers was pure gold.

Just a superb place. There for my tenth time.

Fairly good location - 5 mins walk from Russell Square. The guy on reception was nice when i checked in and so was another female on reception, but the staff cleaning the rooms were not friendly at all. They simply walked in and stared at us - no greeting or anything. Dont expect too much from the rooms - bare, basic furniture. Ok if you are just using it to crash at night. The lounge/common room was good except about four members of staff (or their friends) came in and filled it up.

Super great area to be in! Lots going on and the British museum is right there! Not the cleanest bathrooms and rooms but it's livable- just don't lie on the floor!

Great place, great staff. Feel like home every time I stay there. Good breakfast, location, beds. I totally recommend this hostel. Good experience if you are traveling alone. The staff is GREAT. Always willing to help you.

• 18th May 2014
  • Argentina

We enjoyed our stay there! Location is great, stuff is friendly, and rooms even though are a bit stuffy, they're nice. Bathrooms, in each floor, are clean with nice hot water. Kitchen is good. I'll choose to stay here again if I ever come back in London.

Great location, clean bathrooms, clean and big rooms, and superb location. Overall one great expiriance

• 16th May 2014
  • Croatia

Hostel benefiting from a great location. The bedroom and,bathrooms could have been cleaner though. A little bit noisy, walls are thin. However, we had a good,stay in,astor museum inn and i would not hesitate to come back. Pleasant staff and atmosphere added to the great location (in front of the british,museum) erased the,little drawbacks.

• 10th May 2014

Location fantastic, staff helpful when asked (really appreciated the guy who got WiFi on my phone!). I would only say that since they almost seemed to live there they talked a lot to each other about the plans they had that night, leaving me definitely feeling of place. BUT there was a cocktail night that I simply chose not to go to that would have probably been a great time to visit. I know they're trying their best to keep the place clean but the fridge was in need of a little TLC.

Bathrooms too small.... Impossible to habe a nice shower in the morning...less water

• 7th May 2014
  • Argentina

They were refurbishing the kitchen, so it was messy and hard to use, with a lot of dirty dishes. My two beds were in the same bunk, with the reservation papers in place for both of them. When I arrived back at the hostel at night there was someone sleeping in the bed of my girlfriend. Although we had the reservation papers in the bed, we had to share the same bed, resulting in a terrible night (really narrow bed). They refunded only one bed, but it took them at least 1 hour and half to do it.

• 1st May 2014

The location of this hostel is its best point, and it is very secure as well. It does not otherwise have much of an atmosphere but I guess most people come here to visit London and not stay in the hostel all day anyway. It was also a bit on the unclean side, don't forget to bring some flip-flops with you for the shower.

• 30th Apr 2014

This is a great little hostel. Right by the British museum with everything on your doorstep in central London. The staff are super-friendly and seem to genuinely want to help and make sure you are looked after. Stayed in a mixed dorm, which was really spacious. The only downsides were the small kitchen, and the fact there is no lift! So might be tricky if you have a lot of luggage. This is one of several hostels I have stayed in in London, and my favourite so far.

Thank you for your review! Knowing that you loved it here makes us happy! We are always happy to carry your luggage up and down any stairs so no need to worry about that for next time! Hope to see you again soon! The Team as Astor Musuem!

Astor Museum is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff were amazingly helpful. I had trouble with losing things in transit, the staff (particularly Nick and Evelina) were more than understanding and really helped me out. As someone travelling by themselves meeting new people is important. The awesome new friends I made (guests and staff) turned my 3 day visit to london from 3 days to 2 weeks. The free Breakfast is excellent The bathrooms were great, very clean all round

Helpful and friendly staff

I read a couple of reviews before I stayed at Astor Museum that made me a bit apprehensive about staying there, but the staff are actually super helpful if you ask them for anything. One of my room mates was a bit messy I informed the staff and they sorted it out for me! Would defs recommend to anyone. Love to Sam and Nick and the Swedish and Spanish girl who were amazing!

Thank you for your review! We are always here to help you with a smile with absolutely anything you need!! From messy room mates to carrying your luggage because you've gone a bit too crazy shopping down Oxford Street! Enjoy your future experience! All the crew at Astor Museum!

Nice hostel, only stayed for one night and it was a little old in terms of the stairs etc, but good location next to the British Museum.

It values for money, nice reception staff

Great kitchen and facilities. Location was pretty good for the price. The only thing we didn't love was the staff, who weren't overly friendly or inviting. Other hostels usually go about and beyond to make sure everyone has a great time, but we didn't get the impression from this place so much. The staff seemed more concerned with gossip going on with other staff members and socializing with eachother than with socializing with the guests staying there. Other than that, it was a decent stay.

I was able to make friends easily because the common room was perfect. The breakfast was really good also! I loved everyone that worked there. They gave great advice. I'll be staying here next time for sure!

Thank you for your review! We are always on the look out to make more friends and grow the Astor family, and are happy you became one of them! Looking forward to seeing you on your next, carry on enjoying life in the mean time! The Fam at Astor Museum