Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Bathrooms too small.... Impossible to habe a nice shower in the morning...less water

• 7th May 2014
  • Argentina

They were refurbishing the kitchen, so it was messy and hard to use, with a lot of dirty dishes. My two beds were in the same bunk, with the reservation papers in place for both of them. When I arrived back at the hostel at night there was someone sleeping in the bed of my girlfriend. Although we had the reservation papers in the bed, we had to share the same bed, resulting in a terrible night (really narrow bed). They refunded only one bed, but it took them at least 1 hour and half to do it.

• 1st May 2014

The location of this hostel is its best point, and it is very secure as well. It does not otherwise have much of an atmosphere but I guess most people come here to visit London and not stay in the hostel all day anyway. It was also a bit on the unclean side, don't forget to bring some flip-flops with you for the shower.

• 30th Apr 2014

This is a great little hostel. Right by the British museum with everything on your doorstep in central London. The staff are super-friendly and seem to genuinely want to help and make sure you are looked after. Stayed in a mixed dorm, which was really spacious. The only downsides were the small kitchen, and the fact there is no lift! So might be tricky if you have a lot of luggage. This is one of several hostels I have stayed in in London, and my favourite so far.

Thank you for your review! Knowing that you loved it here makes us happy! We are always happy to carry your luggage up and down any stairs so no need to worry about that for next time! Hope to see you again soon! The Team as Astor Musuem!

Astor Museum is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff were amazingly helpful. I had trouble with losing things in transit, the staff (particularly Nick and Evelina) were more than understanding and really helped me out. As someone travelling by themselves meeting new people is important. The awesome new friends I made (guests and staff) turned my 3 day visit to london from 3 days to 2 weeks. The free Breakfast is excellent The bathrooms were great, very clean all round

Helpful and friendly staff

I read a couple of reviews before I stayed at Astor Museum that made me a bit apprehensive about staying there, but the staff are actually super helpful if you ask them for anything. One of my room mates was a bit messy I informed the staff and they sorted it out for me! Would defs recommend to anyone. Love to Sam and Nick and the Swedish and Spanish girl who were amazing!

Thank you for your review! We are always here to help you with a smile with absolutely anything you need!! From messy room mates to carrying your luggage because you've gone a bit too crazy shopping down Oxford Street! Enjoy your future experience! All the crew at Astor Museum!

Nice hostel, only stayed for one night and it was a little old in terms of the stairs etc, but good location next to the British Museum.

It values for money, nice reception staff

Great kitchen and facilities. Location was pretty good for the price. The only thing we didn't love was the staff, who weren't overly friendly or inviting. Other hostels usually go about and beyond to make sure everyone has a great time, but we didn't get the impression from this place so much. The staff seemed more concerned with gossip going on with other staff members and socializing with eachother than with socializing with the guests staying there. Other than that, it was a decent stay.

I was able to make friends easily because the common room was perfect. The breakfast was really good also! I loved everyone that worked there. They gave great advice. I'll be staying here next time for sure!

Thank you for your review! We are always on the look out to make more friends and grow the Astor family, and are happy you became one of them! Looking forward to seeing you on your next, carry on enjoying life in the mean time! The Fam at Astor Museum

Fantastic place with friendly and helpful staff. 10/10!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Nice staff. Decent beds, rooms and breakfast. Would go back. The poor rating on security is based solely on the luggage room - you are given a key and can then basically take whatever luggage you like.

Decent hostel, our dorm was in another building 2 minutes away, it isn't the best to take your breakfast ( kitchen in re other building) but it was really quite ! The location is great, just for this it's worth it ! I found it a bit expensive for what it is, but it's London...

• 18th Apr 2014

I love this hostel. Was my second time here. Location is great just next to the British Museum and the atmosphere is the best. Big rooms and nice breakfast. Could emprove cleanliness of bathrooms a little. But overall I would definitely recommend it! I'll come back for sure.

The location is great! But nothing more then this. We stayed for 3 nigth on a private room, first negative point for me, this rooms are not located on the hostel building. So you need to go every day on the main building if you would like to have breakfast. The bathrooms are located on the ground floor and in the basement, and it was not so clean and it was without water in one day,The room cleanliness was ok, for poor. I did not recommend.

Nice and affordable hostel in London. The staff is very friendly and will help you out however they can. The kitchen is a bit small but enough to cook and eat.

Stayed here for one night after a gig in London. Private rooms are in a separate building around the corner from the main building, nice and quiet at night. Great location right next to the British museum, approx 10 mins walk from Holborn tube station and about 25 mins walk to Kings Cross / St Pancras. Would stay again.

• 12th Apr 2014

The Staff was very friendly and i loved the living room where everyone was sitting, watching movies and it was the place where i connected with other people. And of course it was great that they had free wi-fi! :D

Great location, friendly staff and kind guests. Clear beds and toilets and it really deserves it is really cheap if u books a bit early. I will stay there again