Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

I arrived at the hostel very late and stayed one night. I left very early in the 2nd morning. So I can't judge a lot about the atmosphere. But the reception is nice. And the breakfast was good too. The location is close to the tube station.

This is a great hostel. Smaller, older but great. The staff is great, always there to help(24 hrs) and very nice. The beds are metal bunk beds that I thought would creek and move a lot but they don't, very solid. I love the under bed storage but the wheels squeak and can be very loud. They have events that you can be a part of every night. Kitchen, laundry. The room did get warm but only because the other people in the room kept closing the windows & off the fan. I was very happy there was a fan

The facilities were exceptional and the location is perfect. My only complaint is that there isn't anywhere to really socialize in this hostel, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're traveling alone and would like to make friends and meet new people, this hostel is really just a place to sleep.

I checked "Average" for "Security" as my personal experience depends on two locations. I spent my first night in a room in Little Russell Street and the second night in a room in Montague Street (main building). (-) My first night did not go that well as fellow travellers in other rooms made a lot of noise. I knew that I could report it to the staff but I was too lazy to get up and ring them. (-) The front door of the building did not close properly from the outside.

All of the staff at Astor are very nice and very helpful. Very much enjoyed the people there, the facilities are somewhat old but its a great place to stay especially if you are on a tight budget.

Great atmosphere. I only stayed one night and as soon as i arrived a beer pong session was scheduled so i quickly showered and bought some beers at the store. A couple hours later we met up with 3 other hostels and had a great time. Really wish I could have stayed longer, but was the end of my vacation.... Would go back

Great staff with a ton of great travelers staying in it! Nice big kitchen with all the tools you need. Plenty of toilets and showers to go around. COMFY BEDS with great duvets and sheets :)

Pros: nice staff, very cheap and good breakfast, fantastic location, lots of films to watch, reliable wifi, great value for money Cons: The beds are very thin and the drawers under the beds squeak so it can wake you up when people come back late at night

• 7th Jul 2015

The bed isn't clean enough and even toilet.

Very nice staff and good location.

Excellent location. Comfortable facilities. Staff very friendly. More of a relaxing hostel than a party one. The charity donation breakfast was good and a refreshing idea. Would recommend to stay here.

Murray location and staff were really welcoming and helpful.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great location and very helpful staff, just a shame that the toilets & showers are so dirty.

Excellent place to stay.

Fantastic location that's right across from the British Museum in central London! Had very clean rooms and showers and really helpful and friendly staff! Was really quite a lovely place to stay.

Stayed in multiple hostels in London but this was by far my favourite. The location is optimal, so close to so many things and nights out were easy to get to and from thanks to the proximity to the tube, and even when it wasn't running, a taxi wouldn't cost so much or even walking wouldn't take too long. Toilet and shower facilities at times were a bit not up to par, but I'm not pedantic about this. What made up for it was the incredibly friendly staff who are always enthusiastic and happy.

Great service and really nice staff! The toilette door wouldn't lock, but appart from that no problem at all. Highly recommended!

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

The place is not exactly in shape. Yes, it's a hostel and money does not just keep pouring in, but there are cheap and easy ways to make a place feel like it's cared for. The virtual inexistance of a common area to quiet down after a long day out and about is a definite and big minus. Also the first thing one sees upon entering is the first floor toilets. Not exactly the most welcoming sight. Room right on noisy street. Make that the lounge and the back room into a smaller bedroom. Staff great.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Had a great time during my second stay at the Astor Museum Inn. Love the location, the laidback atmosphere, staff and the other guests. Just not the one(s) who stole my water from the fridge on a 30 degrees (celsius) day. One word to you, thief: karma.

This was my second stay and I'm sure I'll be back. I absolutely love the location and it's great that the hostel is clean, quiet but sociable, has comfy beds, and extremely helpful and friendly staff! Highly recommend!!!