Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

This hostel was in an amazing location. So close to everything. The facilities were okay and the staff friendly. The bathrooms were kind of gross but I'm yet to find a hostel with clean bathrooms. Good wifi connection as well. I'd definitely stay there again.

• 18th Oct 2013

Hi Melissa. We are happy to know you would stay here again. We are always improving our facilities and your comments helps us a lot. Hope to see you again. Safe travels, The Astor Museum Team.

An amazing hostel in an excellent location! Directly across from the British Museum, and within walking distance to many great bars, museums, and shops. The staff are incredibly friendly, and the accommodations are fufilling.

Hiya James, thanks for your feedback. It's good to know you enjoyed the accommodation and took the best from London. Hope to see you someday. Safe travels, The Astor Museum Team.

Happened to be a great stay in Astor Museum Inn. Location is great, opposing the British Museum and very close to the underground. Breakfast was simple but sufficient. Love it that you can make coffee/tea all day long. Great cooking facilities (although we didn't use them). Enough space in dorms, enough power outlets, great WiFi everywhere in the hostel (even on the top floor). They forgot to change the sheets in our dorm when people left, but fixed it as soon as we noticed it.

Hi Florianne, Thanks for your comments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our facilities. We are working hard on improving the hostel and your feedback helps us a lot. Safe travels, The Astor Museum Team.

영국 박물과뉴 근처에 위치했고 거의 모든 관광지는 10~20분 사이에 정도에 있어 걸어다니면서 구경하기에 좋은 위치이다. 스텝은 친졸하고 아쉬운점은 엘리베이터가 없다은 점 빼고 는 다 괜찮았다

Hi Sanghee, Thanks for your message. We are happy to know you enjoyed the hostel location. London is a great city to walk around and enjoy all the nice things. We wish you luck in all your travels, The Astor Museum Team.

Hostel was excellent. Have 0 complaints.

Hi Nicolas, Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to know you find everything good. Take care, The Astor Museum Team.

The hostel is in a great location within walking distance from the main sights in London. I was thankfully assigned to the much quieter annex, so I'm spared from most of the nightmares in the main building mentioned by some reviewers circa 2012. Things have probably improved since then. My stay was generally ok, except that the light in my room was not fixed even after my dorm-mates had complained about the problem. Those in my room spent at least two nights in darkness.

Hi Guanhan, Thanks for your message. We are always improving the hostel facilities and your comments helps a lot. We are glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed your time in London. We hope you choose us for your next visit in London. Safe travels, The Astor Museum Team.

Fantastic hostel! Really friendly and helpful staff, amazing location and nice facilities. Definitely recommend staying here to anyone visiting London!

• 13th Oct 2013

Hi Adam, Thanks for your message and for recommending us to your friends. We hope to see you some day. Take care, The Astor Museum Team.

This is so far one of the best hostels I've been to in Europe. Cleanliness is great for London standars, as well as the price, not to mention location. The guys from the staff are just amazing, everyone is lovely and really helpful, they'll treat you like family and they're constantly organising cool things like parties, bbq's, nights out... The atmosphere couldn't be better for meeting people, the hostel it's really homey and cosy. Would definitely recommend it to any backpacker on the road!

Hey Ines, we are happy you felt just like home. It's our pleasure to receive guests like you that meet us half way for great time and fun. We wish you all the best on your future travels, The Astor Museum Team.

Very nice friendly hostel. Staff were lovely and went out of their way to help out. Common room downstairs with heaps of movies available if you want to have a chill out day. First room I was in was very spacious, second was a bit of a squeeze. Rooms were cleaned daily. Beds were not the most comfortable but average for a hostel. Very short walk to holborn station, lots to do nearby (British museum across the road) would happily stay here again!!!

Hi Victoria, we're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and would choose us again. We'll take note of your comments to improve the facilities for the future. Thanks for your feedback. Safe travels, The Astor Museum Team.

Fantastic location - facilities better and cleaner than expected. Great value for the price.

• 6th Oct 2013

Hi Morgan, Thanks so much for your comments. We are always working hard to provide a good stay to everyone and are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Safe travels, The Astor Museum Team.

The hostel has a great family atmosphere and is well maintained. The facilities are excellent and would recommend anyone to stay there.

• 6th Oct 2013

Hiya Peter. It's good to know you had fun. It's really nice when the guests interacts with others and everyone have a good time. All the luck on your future travels, The Astor Museum Team.

My experience at the Astor Museum Inn was such a positive one. The staff are really friendly and will be able to help you with any queries on the spot. The rooms (for 12 people) are surprisingly spacious and there were usually sufficient power points. The breakfasts were great and the kitchen provides a nice space to socialise. It was so easy to meet people at this hostel because of the positive atmosphere. Lastly, the location is just so perfect - I recommend this hostel to all my friends.

Thanks Rosanna for you feedback. It's so nice to receive travelers like you. We are glad that you enjoyed all the facilities and was able to meet great people. We hope you can come back one day. Safe travels, The Astor Museum Team.

Price of hostel is expensive but for UK it is cheaper. There was not big defference between 10.8 or 6 room. So I think it is waste of money to book the small rooms any case it is shared. Location was excellent, there were special locks for everyone. If you do not use them your property would be stolen. Unfotunately I saw a case that there was stolen laptop.

• 4th Oct 2013
  • Norway

Hi Turan, thanks for your message. We are glad to know that you used the lockers that we provide and was able to keep your belongins safe. Hostels are amazing places to stay but it's always important to be careful. Enjoy your future travels, The Astor Museum Team.

Very safe hostel on the great location , just a few minutes from underground and a nice 10 minutes walk till Covent g.Great kitchen a common room , with over 200 films to watch if you do not feel like socializing in the kitchen with others in the evening time.Very quiet during the night, so i had a good sleep,Rooms are clean , sheets also very clean, Staff is the best,recommending me what to do,they also provide you with a city ma., ready to help and chat in any occassin, very hard working too.

• 2nd Oct 2013
  • Croatia

Thanks Zeljana for your comments, it's great when guests interact with the staff and other travelers and everyone have the best time. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you some day. Take care on your travels, The Astor Museum Team.

Super well located, you can walk everywhere and save on the metro fares. Good showers and toilets and cosy to meet new people if you want to. Just like home!!!

Hello Carolina. We are glad you felt like home, that's what we wish for all our guests. It's was good to have you here and we hope you can come back one day. Good luck on your travels, The Astor Museum Team.

I stayed there at the end of september 2013, and It was great! The staff is really concern about your inquiries, and they always tried to help me. The atmosphere is fantastic, and location too! I'd definitely recomend it!

Hi Eduardo, Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you here again some day. Safe travels, the Astor Museum Team!

Amazing staff, structure and location!! Was great! :)

• 30th Sep 2013

Breakfast was included in the price. That was a bonus.

Amazing hostel with amazing atmosphere and cool staff! The area is safe and very convenient, it only takes you 5 mins to get to Holborn. I was traveling alone, shared a room with 9 other people and had a lot of fun! Thanks for great memories :) I hope I'll come back one day.

I've stayed at Astor Museum several times and it is by far my favourite place to stay. The majority of people are willing to socialise with you and it is a great way to meet new interesting people. The cleanliness and facilities have increased in standard the last 3-4 years; Most shared areas have been refurbished. However, the current staff is not as engaged with the travellers as the previous staff used to be - You don't get much info on e.g. pub crawls, events and they don't talk to you much.

• 21st Sep 2013