Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

“I'm sorry for now recalling your/his name but the Staff at the Hostel from Italy with dreads that greeted us was amazingly nice to us the whole trip, and looked out for us when we were uncertain about the situation we were in at the hostel. Apart from that I would only state that the hostel staff are very tight with each other so it can be very daunting participating or trying to get to know the staff.”

This nice youth hostel is situated close to almost everything you'd ever want. Walk to Soho or the Tube to get anywhere, not to mention the national rail is a 5 minute walk away. During my travels I was by myself and found that everyone was not only friendly but down to talk/hang out/etc. I loved that it felt like a community of world travels then a place for a bed. Great people, great stories, great time! Thanks Astor!

HI!! Thanks for your review!! We are all young and always happy to exchange travel experiences with our guests. It's been a pleasure having you with us. Obviously always welcome to come back!! AM Team

Kitchen unclean, mouses in room, make yourself and self-service break-fast, no room cleanliness, after the break-fast customers must wash their own dishes.

• 21st Dec 2014

It's a noisy hostel. Not because of any party scene but just the layout, loud doors and lockable drawers. The hostel doesn't have much to offer except the location...

Hi! Thanks for your review. Unfortunately for respect of our neighbors we don't organize parties on the building although you're still aloud to use the common areas to socialize, we also have plenty of outdoor options being situated in the very center of London just 5 mins away from Soho and in case you're a solo traveler pub crawls are an awesome option, we sell tickets in reception. For the layout we will do our best to give you a excellent night next time you'll visit us. AM Team

There were notices everywhere saying be considerate of other guests while using the hostel but on both nights there were loud noises all night. I had a very early flight the next morning from Gatwick and couldn't sleep due to the noise.

• 7th Dec 2014

Hi!! We try to keep the noise down as much as we can but unfortunately is not always possible. Next time come to speak to reception and if possible we will move you to another room or ask your fellow guests to be quiet. Thanks for your review! AM Team

Awesome staff.

HI! Thanks for your review!! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! AM Team

I have been here a few times and truly enjoy the welcoming and secure atmosphere, makes traveling in London that much easier. The place is well looked after, clean and very well located. Amazing people, affordable...therefore thank you.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • South Africa

We had a great stay at Astor Museum. Everything was clean, people were friendly, the dorm was very spacious and breakfast was fine as well. Very recommendable!

Hi!! Glad you enjoyed your stay!!! come visit us again!! AM Team

Astor Museum is a good and cheap place to stay for short time. I was there for a weekend with my friend ( both of us girls) and we chose to stay is a 8 mixed room. Unfortunately there were 6 males in our room which was unexpected. My advice if you are a girl dont choose a mixed room, you will end up between boys. Anyway boys were really polite and we didnt have any kind of problems.

• Romania

Hi!! We allocate guests randomly to the dorms but even staying in mixed dorm if requested before arrival we can let you stay in rooms with majority of girls if possible. Thanks for your review and come visit again!! AM Team

Great location and nice hostel Beds were good!!

Glad you had a nice stay! Thanks for your review!! AM Team

First, upon arrival the hostel placed our group of eight in an already full room. Then we found two mice in our room! When we confronted the desk they did nothing and made no apologies. The facilities we not great, of the three toilets two of them were out of order. The bunk bed i slept in was broken. Slanted at an extreme angle with a broken ladder. Someone had to sit on the bottom bunk for me to climb up, otherwise the whole bed would tip .

• 21st Nov 2014

Good location with friendly staff. Breakfast included the next morning which was decent! Would stay again!

• 21st Nov 2014

Hi!! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! Come visit again!! AM Team.

Normally I wouldn't bother leaving reviews but this hostel is truly amazing. The staff is so friendly and helpful! the 12 bed dorm I stayed in was perfectly clean, very spacious, and quiet. Great beds, already made, comfy! Bathrooms, kitchen, communal area, everything beyond expectationsd!

• 19th Nov 2014

Hi!! Glad you had nice stay!!Always doing our best to keep our guests happy!! Thanks for your review and come visit again!! AM Team

We stay at this hostel for 1 night and it was very good. We arrived early so we couldn't access to our room but we're allow to leave our bags for the day. The staff was really nice and helpful. The location of the hostel is amazing ( next to the British museum and close to many cool places to have fun at night). I truly recommend this hostel !

• 17th Nov 2014

Hi!!! It was great to have you here!! come visit again!! Thanks for your review! AM Team

ALL GREAT!!!! DEFINITELY RECOMMEND !

Hi!! Thank you for your feedback! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! AM Team

Even though it was for the one night, had an amazing stay with these guys. The staff automatically made me feel apart of their home and always offered to help with anything I needed. Beds are comfy and in a great location with plenty nearby to see and do all for a great price. Already recommending it to friends and fellow back packers

• 15th Nov 2014

Glad you had a good stay with us!!! Come and visit again!! AM Team

Awesome hostel! Safe, clean, really friendly staff. Only complaint is the wifi, which was slow and difficult at best, nonexistent at worst - they need a better wifi connection and perhaps a router placed closer to upstairs rooms.

• 10th Nov 2014

Hi!! Thanks for your feedback, we are mounting new routers to get 100% reception in every corner of the hostel! Next time you come you'll not be disappointed! AM Team

Great staff and awesome location! I was in the annex: rooms and beds were clean but a little wobbly on the top bunk, bathrooms were ok but not the cleanest. Renovations needed! The common space was small and well used and the annex doesn't have one, so this isn't the place to meet a lot of other travelers. For the same price, I've stayed in mix nicer, so the draw here is proximity to train station and British museum.

• 9th Nov 2014

Hi!! Thanks for your review, happy you had a nice stay!! we are working on the renewal of the annex. come and visit again! AM Team

Friendly staff, room was OK, great location!

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Glad you had a nice stay!!Thanks for your review!! AM Team

My room was in an annex building, about 3 minutes away - no problem really, just a quick walk to breakfast. I had a twin room - basic bed that was a little soft for me. Kettle and brew kit, tick! Stacks of hot water in clean and tidy showers. Wifi in main building and annex. Kitchen was pretty good: big fridges for your own stuff and plenty of breakfast stuff included. Holborn location is handy on the tube Central Line. The hostel is in a nice area. **Staff were really friendly and helpful**

• 8th Nov 2014

Hi!! Glad you enjoyed your stay! We are making the annex even better! come and visit again! Thanks for your review! AM Team