Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

A friend of mine and I stayed for 2 nights and we were absolutely happy with our choice: Staff is very friendly and helpful and all kinds of facilities exist. It was the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at.

• 29th Aug 2015

Hey! Thanks for the love! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you again some day in the future! Hugs from sunny London, the fam at Astor Museum!

I though that the hostel was good for money. Having the only toilets on the bottom level was a bit inconvenient when you are stay on one of the top floors.

this is a good place especially for young people. even though the room is not big, you can still have a good rest.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • China

Thank you for your comments! If you are 18 to 35 we try to make a little heaven for you in the center of this wonderful city! Hopefully seeing again in the near future! Lots of love from the Astor Family!

Very impressed with this hostel. Great location, great kitchen

The floors were covered in dirt and sand and the bathrooms were filthy. It says a breakfast for 1£ of " unlimited coffee and tea, biscuits and fruit" while there was only one pot of coffee made and no biscuits or fruit. All of the sinks say that the water is not drinkable which is not listed on the site. The beds are highly uncomfortable and shakey. As there is no AC there are fans in the rooms, most of which are breaking down and incredibly loud. The "outdoor space" is a tiny square alley.

• 22nd Aug 2015

nice hostel. really really excellent location. there didn't seem to be a lot of bathrooms or toilets but I never had any issues with waiting. Will definitely stay again.

Thank you for your kind words! We are stoked you had a rad time here! We have one of the best ratios of toilets/shower to guests so anytime you come you will have no problems with the loos! lol! Hope to see you again in beautiful London! The Family at Astor Museum xo

The second building a block away from the main building only has beds and bathrooms, but it is good for real rest — quiet. Wifi was solid and everything was clean. Great location — central, and just a few minutes' walk from Holborn station. Helpful staff. Highly recommended hostel.

Location is in central London within walking distance to station and shops, next to British museum. Kitchen is well equipped and clean. Sufficient bathroom facilities except toilet flushes hardly work. Dorm is basic - consider putting sign next to window to shut curtains at bedtime as ours were left open and light flooded in early in the morning. Too many staff are backpackers living there with little knowledge and would hang out in common areas with no attempt to include guests.

Very helpful, friendly staff and good atmosphere. Large room and a place under the bed to keep the luggage locked, building located near the tube station, large kitchen for common use and good breakfast for only £1 donation to cancer researches.

It's well located and quite cheap for London. The staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. I'd probably stay there again if I ever come back to London.

I stayed in the 8 bedroom mixed dorm and it was not a pleasant experience given the price (ridiculously overpriced). All the way on the top floor. Stagnant air. Beds blocking the windows. 1 person bathroom next to room was basically a broom closet. I had higher hopes given the reviews and the location, but will not be returning. Probably better to stay in another part of London where you can get more bang for your buck.

The Hostel is a perfect location for exploring all areas of central London & it has access to major Tube stations & bus stations. I wish that I had known I would be staying in a separate building from the main building, though. Some of the rooms are in a building nearby & I found that a bit of a let down. The staff, overall, were nice and friendly. I feel I walked away with meeting great people who I hope to cross paths with again. As they say at Disney, "It's a Small World after all."

Many thanks for your kind words! Disney is the best! and the world is without a doubt tiny these day! The annex is just that little tiny bit closer to the center, tube and shops which is hard to believe lol! And it is that little bit more peaceful, but if you prefer it, we'll try and get you in to the main building next time! Lots of love from beautiful London, The Astor Family.

I came in with low expectations and only booked for two nights to see how I liked it. It was clean; the staff were friendly, and the location was great. I booked another stay for 3 more nights after my friend's wedding in the countryside.

Astor Museum Inn was exactly what my friends and I needed out of a London hostel... so much so that we stayed there twice in the space of a month: the first time and then when we made a stop in London on our way home. While it isn't the ritziest or most modern hostel I stayed in during my time in Europe, the location really could not be beat. The room we stayed in -- the 10 bed -- was spacious and comfortable, the sink in the room was a real bonus and the breakfast by donation was great.

• 10th Aug 2015

Thanks so much for staying with us again and your kind words! Lets hope there is a third, forth, fifth time!...And although we're not the ritziest, we compensate with the cleanest toilets & biggest smiles, and in terms of location you are quite right, we're pretty great lol! Lots of love from sunny-sunny London! Lots of love, the Astor Museum Fam!

The bathrooms were dirty and the room where I stayed only have one socket for many people, and the beths did not have lights for each one. I think that these things you could improved. but on the other hand, the breakfst was very good and kichen was very big and clean

Astor was a fantastic hostel in an even better location! It was really easy to meet people at the (very cheap) breakfast, and there was a really friendly vibe throughout the place. The staff were always super happy to help out whenever needed, and we're always on hand and easy to find. I would certainly recommend Astor museum hostel, and will return again soon!

Check in on 07 AUG 2015, Check out on 09 Aug 2015; Pros: - Staff polite - Good location next to public transport inclusive tube - Safes on the reception - Toilets and bad were clean and tidy - Very noisy outside 24 hours Cons: - Unclean rooms and overcrowded - Not enough electricity outputs; - No electricity outputs for each bed - Mouses in the rooms and in the house - Because of the old carpet the room smelt disgusting - The door lock was broken as well

Great location and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Lockers? Under the bed drawers that screech so loud, it's worse than someone's alarm going off. One power socket, in the end it blew a fuse. Biggest advantage is simply the location.

Great hostel! The location is great, walking distance to most places or a tube station. It's a quieter neighborhood than other hostels too. The kitchen is great with plenty of utensils and tools. The showers are a bit small and the beds a bit noisy but overall, I would highly recommend it!

I shared a dorm with 15 other people, and they were all very quiet :-)

• 5th Aug 2015