Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

Very nice staff and breakfast. It was a pleasure to spend 3 days in this Hostel. Bedroom (16 beds) was big enough and clean, each bed got a locker where you can put your bag if you got a locker, it was very safe. Only thing which can be improve is the facilites like showers.. The price was very attractive and location very good, close to the center, with lot of buses and tube stations around.

Hi!! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will consider the negative points and improve it obviously! Thank you for your feedback!! AM Team

The location is optimal, very close to London centrum! Thats perfect because you can nearly reach everything by walking. The stuff was nice and gave the information needed. The breakfast is indeed only 0.50 pounds, which is unbelivable. You can't expect a super amazing breakfast but astor museum hostel provides everything you need for the start into the day. The sunday breakfast with eggs and bacon is nice too. The room had a good size for four people.

• 1st May 2015

HI! Thank you for your review! Glad you had a nice stay with us! AM Team

Have stayed in many London hostels and this one was by far the best. The beds are comfortable, the linen is crisp and the location is almost unbeatable. I found staff to be very friendly and helpful but there are few showers for many rooms and the kitchen is a bit sad. Other than that it's a great place to stay.

Hi!!! Always trying our best to make everyone feel at home! I guess the kitchen being sad is due to the good weather that we had in UK lately that lead the people outside, you can always ask reception to put some music or plug your phone to the speakers. Thanks for your review!! AM Team

Clean, friendly, spacious hostel in high-class Bloomsbury right next to British museum. You cannot get anything better for this price, not to mention all-you-can-eat-backpackers breakfast for 0.5 pound. In London you cannot be centrally located (all sights are rather far away) but this place is perfect for exploring West End and Westminister. I can see why many people come back to stay here. I surely would!

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Croatia

The facilities were smaller than I expected but everything else was perfect, especially the location and very helpful staff.

• 27th Apr 2015

Would change the carpets at some rooms, smell is quite bad. Living room is quite small and seems like TV is always on.

• 27th Apr 2015

Staff very friendly,great kitchen and lounge room pretty cool. feel like at home! Definetly coming back if I'm in London again

• Argentina

Really really good!

• Spain

It was definitely clean enough but left a bit to be desired. Loved the chill and relaxed vibes and generous breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great! We had a good time exploring Oxford street, SoHo and Picadilly circus and Chinatown all within walking distance.The grounds were shaky and it was hard to get a good rest because the bed frames weren't super solid and every time someone moved in their bed it shook my bed, and every time someone walked in, the floor shook.

I had a wonderful stay the this hostel. I've been to many hostels and this one will definitely be in my top 3. Keep up the good work!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Great staff, rooms had decent storage, locks for rent. Great location to get anywhere I needed to. I'd definitely come back!

Really loved this place! The 16 bed dorm was really roomy and nicer than any hostel I've been to. The kitchen is fantastic and the staff extremely helpful. Great atmosphere, had a really fun time!

I'll be too old to stay here in 2 years which makes the 35 age limit a shame. I've stayed here 5 or 6 times - a brilliant location close to Euston and one of the other main underground lines. Security and breakfast is good. The only downside this time was the lack of spoons at breakfast and the cleanliness of some of the dishes (probably down to other hostellers who hadn't washed them properly).

A fantastic stay in this hostel, it's nice, quiet and friendly !

• 16th Apr 2015

Great location and really friendly staff. I found the room a bit claustrophobic with 4 bunk beds squeezed in, but it was comfortable to sleep in. It was a bit of a mission finding a free shower in the morning, but there were lots available so I didn't have to wait too long. The breakfast was a pretty good spread - cereals, white and wholemeal toast etc, but I found it all a bit too sweet and processed. Maybe include some natural yoghurt and museli? Some fruit would have been awesome too.

The staff was amazingly welcoming and helpful! For my first trip abroad solo it was the best experience I could have imagined. Really nice that they loan items versus having to always pay to use them (hair dryer, converter, etc.).

Fantastic location in the centre of London right by the British Museum. Staff helpful and welcoming, and the inclusive breakfast was nice. If the weather's warm, I would recommend against the 4-bed dorms on the top floor as they get very hot and stuffy.

I'm worried there are some mice in the room..

• 14th Apr 2015

Friendly staff! Comfortable beds. Awesome location.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

The hostel is ideal for students and youngsters. The staff was really friendly and they could provide us with handy free maps. Breakfast was quite decent. We stayed in a 6-bed room. The beds looked a bit old, but we slept comfortably. Our room was very close to the living room and sometimes a bit noisy late at night, but people became quiet at midnight, thus allowing us to sleep enough. The location is just opposite to the British Museum, excellent!

Hi!! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a feedback!! We try to keep everyone quiet after 10pm but is obviously really hard due to our young guests. We provide earplugs at reception for free!! Hope to see you again. Lots of love! AM team