Astor Museum Inn Reviews

27 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

The location of this hostel is its best point, and it is very secure as well. It does not otherwise have much of an atmosphere but I guess most people come here to visit London and not stay in the hostel all day anyway. It was also a bit on the unclean side, don't forget to bring some flip-flops with you for the shower.

• 30th Apr 2014

This is a great little hostel. Right by the British museum with everything on your doorstep in central London. The staff are super-friendly and seem to genuinely want to help and make sure you are looked after. Stayed in a mixed dorm, which was really spacious. The only downsides were the small kitchen, and the fact there is no lift! So might be tricky if you have a lot of luggage. This is one of several hostels I have stayed in in London, and my favourite so far.

Thank you for your review! Knowing that you loved it here makes us happy! We are always happy to carry your luggage up and down any stairs so no need to worry about that for next time! Hope to see you again soon! The Team as Astor Musuem!

Astor Museum is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff were amazingly helpful. I had trouble with losing things in transit, the staff (particularly Nick and Evelina) were more than understanding and really helped me out. As someone travelling by themselves meeting new people is important. The awesome new friends I made (guests and staff) turned my 3 day visit to london from 3 days to 2 weeks. The free Breakfast is excellent The bathrooms were great, very clean all round

Helpful and friendly staff

I read a couple of reviews before I stayed at Astor Museum that made me a bit apprehensive about staying there, but the staff are actually super helpful if you ask them for anything. One of my room mates was a bit messy I informed the staff and they sorted it out for me! Would defs recommend to anyone. Love to Sam and Nick and the Swedish and Spanish girl who were amazing!

Thank you for your review! We are always here to help you with a smile with absolutely anything you need!! From messy room mates to carrying your luggage because you've gone a bit too crazy shopping down Oxford Street! Enjoy your future experience! All the crew at Astor Museum!

Nice hostel, only stayed for one night and it was a little old in terms of the stairs etc, but good location next to the British Museum.

It values for money, nice reception staff

Great kitchen and facilities. Location was pretty good for the price. The only thing we didn't love was the staff, who weren't overly friendly or inviting. Other hostels usually go about and beyond to make sure everyone has a great time, but we didn't get the impression from this place so much. The staff seemed more concerned with gossip going on with other staff members and socializing with eachother than with socializing with the guests staying there. Other than that, it was a decent stay.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »