Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

I will be staying here again for sure.. This place had everything i was looking for in a hostel. I didnt want to leave! Ian, britt and all the guys were great and always there to make your stay perfect! I made lots of friends! Breakfast is good, strong wifi in the room, nice lounge aérea and although the location is not central, it's a lovely place :) loved it!!! I highly recommend

Great hostel, though the rooms are a bit cramped. The staff and atmosphere make up for it. Also great location between Notting Hill and Central, close to the tube and many small restaurants and shops. Would definitely stay here again!

Thank you for being so welcoming; the staff and other residents made my stay.

• 24th Sep 2014

Good hostel, but the common room and e bedrooms are a bit small. Also, no elevators - if you are on top floors, this can be a problem. Breakfast was good. Storage under the bed which is convenient. The toilets and showers could be more clean.

The staff are the friendliest people in the world. Breakfast is beautiful. The only thing is, they have this massive helicopter like fans in every room and they're very noisy. So if the rest of the gang in your room decide they want it on, like it happened to me, you won't sleep much.

I immediately loved this place. The staff is so uplifting and helpful and befriended me right away. I stayed four nights and enjoyed every bit of it. Excellent atmosphere. Great location just next to the tube, bus and Hyde Park. I was on the 2nd floor in a 6-bed dorm. The rooms are a little cramped but they are clean! My last night I was on the 6th floor and pretty cramped in a small 4-bed dorm with no lift. But I survived. :) I recommend this place to anyone!

Amazing hostel with even more amazing staff! They were all super friendly and helpful and there's always someone around. Free breakfast is pretty awesome as well and there's a common room with some couches which makes it easy to meet fellow travellers as well. Showers were clean and ensuite. However, there's no lift which you might have to consider in case that's a problem for you. I'll definitely go there again!

Shower should be fixed, bunk bed next to the big window is not safe, since in the room is so hot that window have to be open during the night. Location is great and staff super helpful.

Undoubtedly the best hostel in London by far. Fantastic location, delicious breakfast, and most importantly the friendliest group of people running a hostel I have ever met! Great dynamic and I can't wait for an excuse to stay there again A****

• 18th Sep 2014

Everything was great, we will definitely come back the next time we'll visit London.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

Doors were always locked which felt very safe, also security lock boxes were free and monitored at all times. Not much space for common areas, but it wasn't hard to find a plug. Staff was great. Breakfast ok... Heard some street noice, but it's on a fairly quiet road. Overall a great experience!

Pros: close to the subway, well-equipped kitchen, good internet connection Cons: very narrow dorms, no elevator

It was my first time to be in this Hostel.Good staff,good bed and good place for London.Thank you very much.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Russia

Excellent staff, very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was included and there is a a small self catering kitchen as well. There is no elavator so that you have to carry your luggage up the stairs (but when I left one of the employees of the hostel came immediatly to carry my suitcase for me!). Unfortunately it was quite warm in the room during the night. Also the luggage room is very small and packed with baggage so it was difficult to grab my suitcase when I left.

The Astor Queensway it's a very nice place to stay. Close to Hyde Park, two subway stations and a street with plenty options of restaurants, shops and markets (including an oriental market). The staff was really helpfull and kind. My only problem there was the noise. Not only inside the room (shared room problems, not this hostel fault), but outside the room too. The walls were too thin, and the floor use to make some noise, so whenever someone walked, i could hear it, and I would wake up.

What I liked the most about Astor Queensway is how friendly and helpful the staff is and how they really care about guests' comfort and well-being. The hostel provides padlocks, adapters or anything you need without charging for it - just need to leave id as guarantee. Very clean and safe, good facilities, perfect location, great atmosphere. No complaints at all, highly recommended!

Nice, friendly hostel! Close to metro station. Rooms a little small and beds very squeaky but overall felt safe here, the staff were all nice and the location was good :) also the common room was comfy and a nice place to hangout. would stay again!

• 9th Sep 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and I had a great time. The staff and cleaning girls were extremely friendly and helpful. They have lockers in the rooms, a luggage room for the bigger bags and small lockers at the reception for the really valuable things so your stuff will be very safe! They also have a kitchen to cook which is nice since eating out in London can be very expensive. They also have free breakfast for a small donation. All in all a great hostel at a great location for a great price!

Great vibes. Such a friendly staff and a lot of really nice people

• 9th Sep 2014