Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The astor was without a doubt the coziest most comfortable stay ive ever had at a hostel. The entire grounds were very clean, and having a bathroom in each room was extremely convenient. The breakfast was quite good, and everyone was warm and inviting, especially the staff whom were very personable and very helpful. And special mention goes to the receptionist Becky whom was an absolute pleasure to talk to and quite easy on the eyes to boot. All in all this hostel is a 10 out of 10.

• 17th May 2015

Pros: good location for being in London, good breakfast. Cons: bathroom in the room could be a tad cleaner. Also, laundry machine was broken, so there were no towels

I felt very safe here, the staff was nice as well as fellow travelers. Great location to underground and the park. Lots of stairs no lift. I'd love to stay again!

• 13th May 2015

Becky was amazing. All credits to Becky ;))

I thought I had used a filter in my search that all recommendations have AC, but apparently that didn't work. The weather was fine so long as the window was open and a fan was provided. We were on the back side of the building so it was quiet. The beds were comfortable and the shower was in our room, but had either great pressure or hot water, not both. Internet was available, but struggled to download web pages on a computer. Using it with a smartphone was fine. Be warned there is no lift.

• 11th May 2015

So friendly and accommodating when we needed it, especial Becky and Dave!

• 10th May 2015
  • Sweden

My stay at Astor Queensway was awesome! Easily one of the best (if not the best) hostel I've stayed in during my Euro trip! The location was brilliant, legitimately a minutes walk from the Kensington Gardens and the underground! I can't say anything negative about the staff either, their knowledge and advice about London was fantastic! Just brilliant! Would recommend to anyone!

Hey there! Thanks for dropping us a review, really appreciate it! We are extremely happy that you had a great time here and for saying all of these wonderful things!! We are glad that the staff were helpful and we will always want to give as much advice as possible! We hope to see you again next time you are in London! Love, Queensway Team

Overall felt Astor was great. Positives: Nice location. Paddington station with the airport Express line. Right next to a bunch of restaurants open till 10-11pm. Very clean feeling. Great suggestions on things to do and places to go via staff. Negatives: Hardly any rooms for bags and people. People ended up having to stack bags on top of each other. The bunk bed was seriously on the verge of tipping. Only 4 power taps in the entire room of 6 people. Made things a bit difficult.

• 8th May 2015

Hey thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, we hugely appreciate it! Firstly thanks for all the wonderful positive points. We are glad that you liked it and especially our location! Thanks for the negative comments too though so we can look at these problems and try to find solutions for the future! We hope to see again, AQ Team

Awesome staffs! you are all amazing! I loved my stay ar Astor Queensway.

• 6th May 2015
  • South Korea

Yeah, big up to my girl, Alexa, who crosses all the T's up in there. Big up to my man Ian, and staff at Astor Queensway who's totally makes the place clean and hospitable. Everybody. The whole crew.

The location was perfect and in a very nice area of london. I loved being so close to Hyde Park and the Central line on the tube. The staff were extremely friendly and made the hostel feel like home. The staff were constantly cleaning. Our bathroom in our room was even cleaned twise a day. The hostel does something every night such as dinner nights, drinks or bar crawls which makes it really easy to meet people. The only negative I have is that the lounge area at the front is a bit small.

• 3rd May 2015

Amazing hostel, had such a great time and met so many people. The staff was extremely welcoming. I was a solo traveler and constantly felt like I had something to do/someone to talk to. Highly recommend Astor!

• 3rd May 2015

Hey! Thank you for a lovely review, we really appreciate it. We are also very happy that you felt the homely and friendly atmosphere that we do try to provide! We hope you come back soon, Astor Queensway Team

Good clean hostel with friendly staff and great location

• 2nd May 2015

We found some great staff and nice guests at the hostel. Every question we could imagine we asked and every answer was given in a friendly way. The hostel was clean, but the nights there were sweaty and it was not even that warm outside. But overall we had a great stay at the Queensway Hostel and we will definitely return one day.

• 1st May 2015

First time in an hostel and i loved it!! It was a great location, close to the tube. The neighborhood is great, save with shops and restaurants down the street. Amazing place!

• 29th Apr 2015

Very clean, convenient location, helpful staff.

• 29th Apr 2015

The hostel is well located. However the rooms are dirty, the window of our room was só dirty that black dust was coming out of it. The bathrooms were very small and had a funny smell, I can't even imagine if I had to share the bathroom . Also our bedroom window did not close completly and during the night we could ear all the noise that was comming from the street and from other rooms. The Wi-Fi did not work in the room. We were surprised how such a bad hostel had such ratiing on hostelworld.

Thank your for your feedback, we were surprised and sad that you didn't have the experience you expected from our hostel. Our rooms are cleaned and checked daily, and our cleaners always work very hard and do their best to meet our guests' standards. We have also checked the Wi-Fi and we haven't had any issues with it. Our reception is available for you 24 hours to meet your needs, even if that required extra cleaning. Safe travels, Astor Queensway team.

The staff was amazing and VERY helpful. Really good location. The rooms were pretty decent as well, enough room for everyone.

Only there for a night but it was a great hostel. The best I've stayed in London so far. Would defs stay again.

The hostel is well located, clean and the staff is friendly. The prices is fair, and the people is really nice. I will be going again if I travel to London. The only thing I didn´t like were the pillows, they are horribly flat. The hostel has wifi that works, and the breakfast it´s simple but enough. In reception you can acquire maps, and the hostel usually throughs partys and put together activities for the new arrivals.

• 27th Apr 2015