Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

I just had my first hostel experience here! Great hostel in a great location. a very short walk to Queensway station and Kensington gardens. You can borrow almost anything you'd like for a deposit. Rooms are cleaned daily. Very helpful and friendly staff, which is really the most important thing in the end. would definitely stay here again!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • NeddaSai
  • Saudi Arabia

Really friendly staff, always willing to lend a hand or offer advice. Very safe and central location in a quiet area. Great facilities and access to computer was much appreciated.

• 20th Jul 2014

My room was in 4th floor,and there was no air conditional, so it was very hot .....except that room are very clean , staff is reaaaaaally kind and breakfast is also good ! Good hostel

A friendly hostel. I much preferred it to the Astor Victoria as it was cleaner and had a more welcoming atmosphere.

Nice staff, they got everything you needed. The hostle is right beside the high street and hyde park, so nice location. The only problem is that the room is too small and unbelievable hot. But in general, is a nice stay.

I liked that you only had to put down a deposit to get your key card, padlocks, etc, and towels and other extra items were free to borrow. The rooms were very clean. I wish that there had been extra storage space for people traveling with a large amount of luggage. There is no lift, but that's understandable as it's an old building. The free breakfast was great. There is no AC, so be warned that if you come in the summer it will be hot.

• 18th Jul 2014

The best hotel I've stayed in. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is fantastic.

• 16th Jul 2014

I had an amazing time with many inspirational people from all around the world! See you all SOON!

• 15th Jul 2014

I had an awesome stay at the Astor Queensway Hostel. The Staff were so helpful, funny and friendly. If i ever come back to London, before i turn 36, i will stay here again!

• 15th Jul 2014

Recommend to anyone only ask for a room on the lower floors we were 6 floors up and no elevator

• 14th Jul 2014

As soon as I stepped in, thought that its a very nice &clean place,the is staff friendly. &in a good location, but when I was told I was inthe 6 floor with no lift. I wasn't liking it that much anymore. When I came back 2 the Hostel in the evening, &asked for a towel, I was told that there weren't any left !!! couldnt take a shower inthe morning since I was leaving early in the morning, & 6 floors to go up &down wasnt such a pleasant thing to do. room was very hot, had a noisy fan in the room

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Thank you very much for your review. Towels are provided free of charge all day, we always make sure that we wash them during the night and have them fresh and clean in the morning. Being in a culture heritage building we are doing our best to keep the heat away by providing fans and keeping the windows wide open all day. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels, you are more than welcome to stay with us in the future and get a better experience. Warm Regards, Queensway team.

Staff were great, location was good.

Very friendly staff and great location.

Overall, an amazing hostel! The staff was super friendly and helpful throughout the stay. The hostel also has a great policy for borrowing items. They require either an ID or money to borrow them and then you get it back once you return it.

Hostel was hot due to the weather but the hostel provided fans. Location is great to catch the hop on hop off bus. Hostel staff was great

If the bathrooms were better

It's a bit pricey for a hostel but this was my favourite hostel after travelling for 5 weeks in Europe. It is clean, the staff are friendly, the wifi is good, the breakfast is good, the beds are comfy. You don't have to pay extra to borrow padlocks or use the lockers in front of the lobby counter. It's only a few stops away from Picadilly Circus via the Central Line. Nearest Underground is Queensway (127 steps down to the platform if you don't want to wait for the lift!) and Bayswater.

This hostel is the great deal I've been always looking for, and I finally found it! Great location, great staff, free and fast Wifi and free extras. A lot of other places charge you ridiculous amount for stuff you might have forgot or might not have space for it: not here. Free breakfast. Amazing location, 5 minutes from the Central Underground Line.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Fun place to meet a lot of people! Just outside Hyde park. Staff was amazing, very helpful. Not the cleanest but that's to be expected with hostels. Was hot at the time too.

a very nice experience, I don't really think I can complain about anything. It seemed to be that there were not that many showers, but I never had to wait more than 4 or 5 minutes... I'd seriously recommend it. The staff was nice, namely the Australian guy. Very helpful tips on what to see in London.

• 28th Jun 2014