Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

I was only there for one night but thought the Hostel overall was great. The staff were really helpful, the room was clean, the bed comfy and I got a good nights sleep. I think the charity donation of 50p for breakfast is a brilliant idea and I would have had no qualms with donating more. One small issue of the shower pressure being a bit low but that's not such a big deal. I will stay there again when I am next in London.

Most of the staff were quite unfriendly and annoyed and seemed very stressed although the hostel was quite calm. They took our towels (that we had brought ourselves). We were able to get two out of three back but they couldn't find one and didn't offer us any replacement or compensation. Very unprofessional. Despite from that is the hostel quite clean, our room (six beds) had its own toilet and shower. The breakfast was ok and the location is good.

Better for people who are travelling to sight see, not really a party hostel and it is far from Camden

Hey! Sorry to hear you didn't get the party vibe from us. If you come another time, hopefully it will be beer pong night or the pub crawl party. We will try harder to show you how queensway parties in the future! Team AQ

Overall it's a great hostel. The staff are awesome and the atmosphere is great. The location is perfect with a tube stop right around the corner. Downsides though, the beds were uncomfortable and as you go higher up in the building your room is going to be much hotter. It can get loud outside since it is a youth-ish hostel, so if you have a hard time falling asleep I wouldn't recommend this place. Overall it wasn't too bad.

Lots of stairs! Great staff - very helpful and friendly!

Thank you for your review and your kind words! We do indeed have stairs but since we are a culture heritage building we are not allowed to put a lift yet. We are more than happy to help you with your luggage and anything else you need :-) Safe travels, team @Astor Queensway.

Really good standard backpackers. Beds are a little small and staircase is a bit of a problem if on an upper floor but otherwise very happy with stay. Only a minute walk to tube station and 30sec to Hyde park

I really enjoyed the stay there. It is a great place to meet people and just hang out. 2 tube stations are around the corner and so is the Hydepark. It takes just a few minutes to get to every sight. The hostel is very clean and in an okay condition, the shower sometimes just provides hot water. The Beds are comfortable. The main disadvantage are the stairs - when you're unlucky you have to climb up to the 6th floor. Staff is friendly and good to hang out with. The Breakfast is average but okay.

Thank you very much for your review, we are really glad you enjoyed your stay! Sorry to hear you struggled a bit with the stairs. Unfortunately we are in culture heritage building and we are not allowed permission for a lift. Hope to see you soon in London! Safe travels, team @Astor Queensway

Good, basic hostel in a handy location. Two tube stations a very short walk away and close to Hyde Park. The staff were friendly and helpful and they ran different activities each night - eg pub crawl, bowling, movie night etc. Breakfast was pretty good. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm on floor 6, only minor issues were not having powerpoints by beds and our bathroom being a little wet. Would recommend.

I had a good stay in this hostel. Conveniently located.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Hi there, we are very glad you had a good stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Best, Astor Queensway

I had a wonderful stay at this Astor Hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the facilities were very clean. It also felt very safe with there being a door code that you needed to use to get back inside the hostel. I will definitely be staying here again.

• 4th Apr 2015

Had a great stay. Would book it again as it is definitely one of the nicer hostels in London.

• 4th Apr 2015

This hostel rates quite low in terms of comfort comparingly. The dorm was very small and on the 5th floor, with no lift. To be fair the staff did ask if we wanted help carrying our stuff and they were helpful in general. The rooms were also not very clean, the bathroom very dusty and the towels smelled funny. The location is great though: lovely neighbourhood, close to the tube, Hyde Park

It's clean, but room is too small. People can't pass through if you open your suitcases Only one washroom and one bathroom each floor.

The location was right near the central line of the tube station making it very easy to get around the city. This was the cleanest and nicest hostel I have stayed in so far out of 6 cities. The staff was awesome. It was a bit more expensive than I would have liked but that is to be expected in London. I would recommend staying here.

Great location and friendly helpful staff. Decent facilities, though common spaces and bathrooms are quite small. Also note that there are 6 floors and no elevator, so god help you if you're on the top floor like we were! For the price (relative to London) it's well worth the stay.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Staff where awesome and had a great time. Would definatly recommend it!!!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Dogtown999

Very well located close to Hyde Park and 2 blocks from subway station. Very friendly and active staff for night activities and just being around. Good breakfast. Missing some fresh fruits though. I was on the 6th floor, it can get tiring to get up all the stairs sometimes. Conclusion: excellente value for money.

This was the first European hostel I ever stayed at and I definitely had a pleasant experience. The kitchen and toilet facilities were cleaned each day and always easy to access. The only minor complaint I had was that laundry was 3 pounds a load to wash and 1 pound to dry for 20 minutes. Otherwise, the staff were very pleasant and helpful and were available to assist at all hours of the day.

• 27th Mar 2015

Hello there! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your first taste of Europe with us and that you had a good time! We will take that into consideration about the prices. Safe travels, Queensway.

YES! This hostel is amazing. There are plenty of common rooms to meet people and the staff is brilliantly helpful! Everything that I needed was happily taken care of: sight seeing recommendations, restaurants, money exchanges, ATMs, pub craws/parties. The rooms were very clean, lots of ventilation and safety for belongings. Easy to find and close enough to the Queensway subway. Highly recommended!

Friendly place located in a gorgeous right next to two subway stations and two supermarkets, as well as Kensington Gardens. Don't plan on getting a whole lot of sleep or being guaranteed a plug for your charger, but otherwise it is a fantastic place to stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7