Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Hostel feels safe with door codes for an inner and outer door, and there is 24-hour reception, as well as key cards to the rooms themselves. The location is decently close to Paddington Station (which was nice in my case because I needed to get there to go to the airport). The staff is very nice and friendly. The building is generally clean, though some of the bathrooms have somewhat awkward layouts. Overall, I had a very good experience.

Nice place to stay. They offerred to keep our luggage before the check-in hour and after check-out which was great. You can have hot drinks anytime you want and the breakfast was fine. The facilities are fine overall

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Very friendly and confortable hostel. Great staff!

Excellent location, nice place. Would definitely stay again

We had a great stay at Astor Queensway! I think I've found my new favorite hostel chain in London. The staff were super friendly and helpful, we didn't have any issues but definitely felt like we could go down and ask about anything if we needed to. Only thing I would say is that our room was quite toasty, but we solved that by opening the window.

• Sweden

lovely place. really helpful staff. worth the extra money if you want somewhere that is sure to be clean, warm and home-y :)

• 28th Nov 2014

My friend and I spent three nights over the weekend here. We found the staff super friendly (our key card kept breaking, so we stopped by the desk a lot) , easy access to free WiFi wifi and we definitely appreciated the free breakfast. They do an awesome thing where any donations you give at breakfast all goes to charity. We stayed in an 8 person room and had our own bathroom. Although, the place itself could have one or two more. Really close to tube and Hyde Park! Overall great stay!

• 28th Nov 2014

By far my favorite hostel I've stayed in! The staff honestly felt like long lost friends and whenever I was there I always had people to chat with or things to do. The location is great because there's a bus stop and an underground stop within a 3 minute walk, and Hyde Park is right at the end of the street. Getting anywhere else in London is super easy. My only complaint was that the rooms felt too small, but it's a hostel and you shouldn't be spending too much time sleeping anyway!

• 28th Nov 2014

It was like being part of a family, they're all really nice people and I thank that I've chosen Astor queensway!

• 26th Nov 2014

The sleeping conditions were ok and the toilet and washroom facilities are small and there is not very many. However, the staff at the desk are EXCELLENT!! They are willing to go out of their way to give you information on where to go, what to see, how to get there, and little hidden gems that you should check out along the way. For me, the best part of my experience was the interactions with the staff.

• 26th Nov 2014

One of the best hostels I stayed while on vacation in Europe - a really good atmosphere. Ben was great.

• 25th Nov 2014

Staff very professional and friendly. Well located, and not too expensive. Only stayed one night, and didn't use the common room, so can't really comment on that. The room was clean, but the could do with a bit more sound insulation from the rest of the hostel.

Go here. Seriously, I've been here twice for a week each, and I've never felt more at home away from home. While many hostels can provide the facilities and a good location (Astor sure does), what takes this place to a whole new level is the staff and the atmosphere they create. They really really go above and beyond, and the hostel is very well run. If you're looking for more than just a bed to sleep in, Astor Queensway provides it. Cheers from Canada! -Bottlehands x

I highly recommend this hostel! This was my first time staying at a hostel--all of the staff were amazing & extremely helpful. Unfortunately, I got food poisoning during my stay and they were nice enough to find me a private ensuite room during my recovery. All facilities were nice & clean. I cannot comment on the breakfast/kitchen only because I did not use them during my stay. Great location, close to 2 tube stations, bus stops, restaurants, pharmacy, etc. I will definitely stay here again!

• 22nd Nov 2014

Nice, clean, more than expected comfortable beds, simple but good breakfast.

• 21st Nov 2014

We stayed at an 8 bed mixed dorm on the sixth floor (without elevator so be prepared for that :P).There was only one bathroom in the room so in the morning you had to wait a bit. The location is very good. Just above Hyde park and very close to metro and bus station. Reception was open 24h and the guys were always happy and willing to help you with whatever you needed (hair drier, lockers,.. - all for free). Breakfast was included in the price and was more than adequate to start your day.Enjoy!

• Greece

I think this is the best hostel so far I've visited (there weren't too many of them so far but still). We stayed there with my friend for 3 nights and just from the door step we were welcomed very warmly. Staff is really friendly, smiling and helpful. They have hairdryers, iron, UK plugs and many other staff for free to borrow. Internet connection is excellent in whole hostel. Rooms, bed sheets and bathrooms are clean also. Location is just fantastic. I DO RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL TO ALL OF YOU! :)

• Poland

the staff were very nice, welcoming and helpful. breakfast was nice and the visitors were always young and friendly. i should say that the rooms were small and crowded. and there was not enough bathrooms. but it was a good value for the low price.

This was my first official hostel experience, I was there for almost a week, and stayed in the 6 bed female room, 4 mix dorm, and the 8 bed dorm, I preferred the 4 mix room, only because there was less people. The staff were so sweet and helpful, very friendly. I'm female traveling alone, and I felt really safe, and really loved the atmosphere of the hostel, very welcoming, and warm. I will definitely be staying here again when I come back to London. Thanks for the great stay! ;)

• 20th Nov 2014

Brilliant hostel, friendly staff, comfortable beds, great free breakfast and 2 minutes from an underground station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7