Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Everything was better than expected. The only downside was that it was blazing hot! Need to invest in an air conditioner, at least in the common areas!

• 25th May 2015

I absolutely loved being here! It felt like home while I was staying in London and every time I go back I always pick to stay here. Fellow backpackers and staff are unbelievably friendly and if you're travelling alone it's like a breath of fresh air. Plus the wifi is great.

• 24th May 2015

overall a great place to stay and really close to a nice park and things to do. staff is super nice and always helpful plus the breakfast was nice. the bathroom though was really small and not always cleaned plus many of the large rooms are 6-7 floors up, and without an elevator it can be a hassle with large bags etc. overall would stay here again though.

Hostel was awesome, staff was super friendly and informative. Didn't enjoy the toilet considering there was barely any room to get into it and we had to go to the 4th floor to use it. There is no lift so you have to use the stairs and we happened to be on the 5th floor. The pressure of the shower is pretty bad. Regardless I would recommend everyone to go considering the staff and the people there are really welcoming.

• 21st May 2015

The astor was without a doubt the coziest most comfortable stay ive ever had at a hostel. The entire grounds were very clean, and having a bathroom in each room was extremely convenient. The breakfast was quite good, and everyone was warm and inviting, especially the staff whom were very personable and very helpful. And special mention goes to the receptionist Becky whom was an absolute pleasure to talk to and quite easy on the eyes to boot. All in all this hostel is a 10 out of 10.

• 17th May 2015

Pros: good location for being in London, good breakfast. Cons: bathroom in the room could be a tad cleaner. Also, laundry machine was broken, so there were no towels

Great Hostel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Only downfall is the little ventilation in the bedrooms and bathroom. But great value for money regardless!

• 14th May 2015

The staff is really nice and helpful. Everything in this hostel is wonderful except there is too many stairs to climb up and the bed not too much comfortable.

I felt very safe here, the staff was nice as well as fellow travelers. Great location to underground and the park. Lots of stairs no lift. I'd love to stay again!

• 13th May 2015

Becky was amazing. All credits to Becky ;))

I thought I had used a filter in my search that all recommendations have AC, but apparently that didn't work. The weather was fine so long as the window was open and a fan was provided. We were on the back side of the building so it was quiet. The beds were comfortable and the shower was in our room, but had either great pressure or hot water, not both. Internet was available, but struggled to download web pages on a computer. Using it with a smartphone was fine. Be warned there is no lift.

So friendly and accommodating when we needed it, especial Becky and Dave!

• 10th May 2015
  • Sweden

Staff are super friendly and helpfull. Rooms are cleab and nice

• 8th May 2015

My stay at Astor Queensway was awesome! Easily one of the best (if not the best) hostel I've stayed in during my Euro trip! The location was brilliant, legitimately a minutes walk from the Kensington Gardens and the underground! I can't say anything negative about the staff either, their knowledge and advice about London was fantastic! Just brilliant! Would recommend to anyone!

Hey there! Thanks for dropping us a review, really appreciate it! We are extremely happy that you had a great time here and for saying all of these wonderful things!! We are glad that the staff were helpful and we will always want to give as much advice as possible! We hope to see you again next time you are in London! Love, Queensway Team

Overall felt Astor was great. Positives: Nice location. Paddington station with the airport Express line. Right next to a bunch of restaurants open till 10-11pm. Very clean feeling. Great suggestions on things to do and places to go via staff. Negatives: Hardly any rooms for bags and people. People ended up having to stack bags on top of each other. The bunk bed was seriously on the verge of tipping. Only 4 power taps in the entire room of 6 people. Made things a bit difficult.

• 8th May 2015

Hey thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, we hugely appreciate it! Firstly thanks for all the wonderful positive points. We are glad that you liked it and especially our location! Thanks for the negative comments too though so we can look at these problems and try to find solutions for the future! We hope to see again, AQ Team

Awesome staffs! you are all amazing! I loved my stay ar Astor Queensway.

• 6th May 2015
  • South Korea

Yeah, big up to my girl, Alexa, who crosses all the T's up in there. Big up to my man Ian, and staff at Astor Queensway who's totally makes the place clean and hospitable. Everybody. The whole crew.

The location was perfect and in a very nice area of london. I loved being so close to Hyde Park and the Central line on the tube. The staff were extremely friendly and made the hostel feel like home. The staff were constantly cleaning. Our bathroom in our room was even cleaned twise a day. The hostel does something every night such as dinner nights, drinks or bar crawls which makes it really easy to meet people. The only negative I have is that the lounge area at the front is a bit small.

Amazing hostel, had such a great time and met so many people. The staff was extremely welcoming. I was a solo traveler and constantly felt like I had something to do/someone to talk to. Highly recommend Astor!

• 3rd May 2015

Hey! Thank you for a lovely review, we really appreciate it. We are also very happy that you felt the homely and friendly atmosphere that we do try to provide! We hope you come back soon, Astor Queensway Team

Good clean hostel with friendly staff and great location

• 2nd May 2015