Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The staff was amazing and VERY helpful. Really good location. The rooms were pretty decent as well, enough room for everyone.

Only there for a night but it was a great hostel. The best I've stayed in London so far. Would defs stay again.

The hostel is well located, clean and the staff is friendly. The prices is fair, and the people is really nice. I will be going again if I travel to London. The only thing I didn´t like were the pillows, they are horribly flat. The hostel has wifi that works, and the breakfast it´s simple but enough. In reception you can acquire maps, and the hostel usually throughs partys and put together activities for the new arrivals.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Brilliant clean and friendly hostel. Excellent experience with great events all the while. Can't wait to come again :)

• 26th Apr 2015

Thank you so much for staying with us and enjoyed every part of this experience!!! We are really looking forward to seeing you again and welcome you to our family :-) Best, Astor Queensway team

Great location, great staff, great 50p breakfast, hot showers, very clean facilities, decent beds, highly recommended.

• 24th Apr 2015

This hostel provided us with nearly everything we required. Our 8 bed dorm was spacious. It had an ensuite, however, there was another shower just outside the room in the corridor which was extremely convenient. They had events on during the week which were great. The negatives were it's location, It is approximately 50 minutes walk to the centre of London. The bars surrounding the hostel all seemed to close at 1130pm, so we had to venture out to party in the city centre.

• 21st Apr 2015

I love staying at this hostel, it's location is great and close to two tube stations and a few bus stops as well as a lot of restaurants and stores. The neighbourhood is really nice and quiet. The staff are the real reason I always come back here! All around great people who are happy to help you out with whatever. Obligatory shout out to Ian at reception 👍🏻

• 21st Apr 2015

The best hostel!!! I stayed here twice on my recent trip to London and I had the best time! The staff are absolutely amazing, especially Becky, Vanessa, Alexis and Ben! They were so much fun and organised a lot of social activites, from pub crawls to dinners to great nights out. This hostel is great for socialising, making new friends, and partying! The hostel was clean, comfortable and in a very good location. I will definitely be back!! Thank you so much for making my trip so great :)

The twin suite was very nice and clean. There were teabags and instant hot chocolate packets available as well as a kettle, very heart-warming. The staff were all very friendly too! The location was convenient, 2 blocks away from the tube and many restaurants. A bit pricey though.

• 21st Apr 2015

I had an amazing time at Queensway. The staff were very welcoming and made for an amazing atmosphere. I'm so glad to have found this place. I truly enjoyed myself here. Lots of fun and near many train stations, as well as a park. Safe neighborhood. I highly reccomend.

Hey, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here and that the staff brought you into our little Astor family! You need to come back and party again with us all! Love, AQ Team

The entire staff at Astor Queensway were all extremely friendly and helpful; the facilities were clean and, despite sharing a bathroom and shower with the floor, I never had to wait for either. I really enjoyed my stay here!

• 20th Apr 2015

Great common room and the comunal kitchen is the best I've seen so far! Bed's were comfortable and the showers were hot :-)

Hello there, thanks for taking time to write a review, its really appreciated. We are very pleased that you liked our facilities and our hostel overall. We hope you choose our accommodation in the future!

I was only there for one night but thought the Hostel overall was great. The staff were really helpful, the room was clean, the bed comfy and I got a good nights sleep. I think the charity donation of 50p for breakfast is a brilliant idea and I would have had no qualms with donating more. One small issue of the shower pressure being a bit low but that's not such a big deal. I will stay there again when I am next in London.

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review, we really do appreciate the kind words. Glad that you liked the breakfast idea! Helping charities is one aspect that we hope all guests want to share with us. We will look into the shower pressure and try to sort that minor problem out, thanks for letting us know. We look forward to having you again. All the best, Astor Queensway

Most of the staff were quite unfriendly and annoyed and seemed very stressed although the hostel was quite calm. They took our towels (that we had brought ourselves). We were able to get two out of three back but they couldn't find one and didn't offer us any replacement or compensation. Very unprofessional. Despite from that is the hostel quite clean, our room (six beds) had its own toilet and shower. The breakfast was ok and the location is good.

Astor Queensway is amazing! The staff are fantastic, very helpful, friendly and social! I've stayed here twice and had so much fun! The best hostel for partying and perfect for solo travelers. There are heaps of activities and it has such a great atmosphere! The location and facilities are great, and the people are all young and fun. I can't wait to return!! Thank you for everything :)

Great staying in Astro Queensway! Awsome staff and awsome atmosphere!!

Great staff! Made me felt quite welcomed to London and provided a lot of tips on where to go and of such.

Better for people who are travelling to sight see, not really a party hostel and it is far from Camden

Hey! Sorry to hear you didn't get the party vibe from us. If you come another time, hopefully it will be beer pong night or the pub crawl party. We will try harder to show you how queensway parties in the future! Team AQ

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Astor Queensway and believe it's up there with the best hostels that I've stayed at. The breakfast was great, the staff and guests were super friendly and the location is fantastic. Only negative is that I did think it was a little overpriced (not by much though). There are also lots(!!) of stairs if you are staying on the upper floors, so maybe not the best if stairs aren't your thing. However, I would recommend it and happily stay there again!

Overall it's a great hostel. The staff are awesome and the atmosphere is great. The location is perfect with a tube stop right around the corner. Downsides though, the beds were uncomfortable and as you go higher up in the building your room is going to be much hotter. It can get loud outside since it is a youth-ish hostel, so if you have a hard time falling asleep I wouldn't recommend this place. Overall it wasn't too bad.