Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

This hostel was very nice. The staff were very helpful all the time! They did a great job cleaning. The only things that I didn't like were how small the rooms were and that there was only one bathroom and shower. Other than that great!

Thank you for your lovely words and for taking time to submit your review. We are currently refurbishing our facilities and we are opening more showers and bathrooms on the floors to avoid the rush hour! We hope to see you again when in London, safe travels and all the best from the Astor Queensway team.

Great stay! The staff is above and beyond awesome. Right near the tube and it runs fast so getting around is easy. Even the other guests were really chill as well. Staff members that stand out or that I ve seen the most : Deb, Alexa, and Jade all awesome and very friendly.

Hey there, thanks for the review it was great to have you stay with us! Come and visit us again before you leave Europe! Keep having fun and enjoy the rest of trip. All the best from Debs, Jade, Alexa and the Astor team :-)

Very clean, reasonably sized rooms, great kitchen, dining area and common room to relax and unwind, free towels, free breakfast, excellent wifi, very safe lockers for laptop etc in addition to lockable cages for luggage under dorm beds, extra toilet and shower in case the en suite is occupied, very nice, central and safe area. For people who don't like stairs, I mention that the hostel has 5-6 levels but no elevator. It wasn't a problem for me.

Thank you for your amazing review and for all your kind words! We hope to see you again on your next trip. Best wishes from the team at Astor Queensway :-)

The best thing about the hostel is the location. Really close to metro and just opposite Hyde Park. Attractions and sights are a short train ride away. Our room was quite small. We were on the 6th floor so the wifi would not work properly (cut out often).

Feels like a home away from home - great staff, great location, great atmosphere.

• 15th Jun 2014

I was so excited when I booked the hostel through the pics I saw on site then when I arrived I found the roons totally different comparing that I see ... It's make me feel so hangry!!!! I not gonna indicate to anyone!!!! Sorry what you guys sells is not what you have

• 12th Jun 2014

Amazing stay! Fun evening programme/activities like movie night and beer pong, and great staff!

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Awesome !

• 7th Jun 2014

Clean and central hostel. Only problem was there was only one plug in female dorm I stayed in. It had a multiple socket, but it was very difficult to access. However, I slept great and I'd definitely stay here again.

Had a great time in this hostel! Staff were extremely helpfull and friendly. Location good to. My only complaint is that the 5th floor has been robbed multiple times and unfortunately while I was there my laptop got knocked along with someone else's., while I was staying on the 5th floor. Don't let this deter you because every other floor and room has locks and bars, just not level 5. Other than that it was a great hostel.

Great hostel in a nice location in Kensington close to plenty of restaurants and shops. Also two tube stations were close by Queensway and Bayswater. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful!!!! My only issue was the six floor walk up to my room after a long day of sight seeing. The wifi worked okay on the sixth floor but worked perfectly in the lounge. Room was tidy and very clean and the bathroom ensuite was cleaned daily.

A great experience ! A great staff (they are nice, smiling people and they give you very good advices) You can meet lots of people and have fun. Good breakfast : corn flakes, toast, jams, milk and hot drinks In the center of London : the best place to stay in London :) Minus : it can be warm in the rooms during the summer

• 3rd Jun 2014

Astor Queensway was by far the best hostel I've ever been to. The central location is close to the tube and bus stations but close enough to the centre that I walked almost everywhere. The facilities are amazing. The kitchen is fully equipped and offers free tea and coffee! The cozy common room is the best place to meet new people. Above all though was the staff. I met some of the loveliest people who helped me along my journey in London. I already miss them, Thank you for everything!!

During my stay in Astor Queensway my room was broken into during the day and some valuable guests' belongings stolen from locked containers.The hostel seemed really secure but,well,it turned out not to be. Hostel staff tried their best to make it up for us,but some of them clearly were not trained for such situation as they failed to infom me what has happened upon my return to the hostel (not even a note asking to call on desk) and didn't know which info from the police they can share with me.

• 31st May 2014
  • Poland

Staying here was my first hostel experience and it is safe to say that it was a good one. The place was very clean and had a great atmosphere and location in the city. The staff was great and very helpful as well. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to London and looking to stay in a hostel!

• 29th May 2014

I stayed in room 52 and due to the Arrangement of the beds I was unable to lock my luggage away. That was unfortunate but didn´t disturb my stay in any way

I loved Astor Queensway!! It was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Every person I ever encountered at the reception desk (and I stayed for 7 days, so I met a few!) were amazing and so helpful! The atmosphere was great, it was extremely clean, and there was always a lively buzz to the place that made it a wonderful stay. I would come back here in a heartbeat and probably will! Wouldn't be surprised if I come back some day begging to join their lovely staff :)

• 28th May 2014

The Astor Queensway seeks to make each guest's stay a good one. There is a complimentary breakfast offered in the kitchen in the morning, often consisting of toast, cereal and juice/coffee/etc. The rooms are mostly clean, as are the bathrooms. There is typically one toilet and one shower per floor, so if the one by your room is occupied you can often climb the stairs and find a free one. The staff is friendly and eager to help! I had a good time during my stay.

Free towels and free breakfast are definitely a plus.

This place is extremely homely and so easy to get to, rught near main bus stops and train stations but no street noise and a beautiful quiet location near Hyde park. Staff are so welcoming and helpful, the atmosphere is very relaxed and homely. Room are super clean and comfy and the continental breaky is really well run. Whether you want to chill in and float around the hostel or use it just as place to crash this place is perfect! Best hostel in London I've been at so far

• 24th May 2014