Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Some things in the hostel could be updated, like the washrooms. But the hostel itself is great, the staff were fun, helpful, and can hold good conversations. The price point was very good. Really enjoyed my stay, and will recommend to friends.

Great hostel, amazing location right in the heart of London. The staff were really friendly and made me feel welcome. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. What more could you want in a hostel?

Great area! Staff were amazing, made you feel really welcome and included, always something going on! I think this was one of my favourite hostels that I have ever stayed in. When I go back I would stay here again.

Had the best stay at Astor will definitely be back and recommending it to others!!

• 29th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Astor,the staff were excellent and i had a peace of mind i needed..Perfect.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Lesotho

The location was amazing. Right next to Hyde Park and for Malaysians, Malaysia Hall is just a few houses next to it (if you're craving for Malaysian food in London). The staff was amazingly helpful and the 1pound charity breakfast should not be missed. The only downside was having to climb up the stairs to 5th floor after a long and tiring walk in the day. Otherwise perfecto.

Great to have cages under the bed. Locked luggage storage as well. Location was excellent, right near Hyde Park and two tube stations. Rooms and ensuites were clean and tidy, people were friendly. Staff was able to happily answer all of my questions and offer suggestions of where to go and how to get there. I recommend this hostel and would gladly stay there again.

Friendly staff, communal room which showed movies!!

• 27th Jun 2015

Check-in belt. Checkout forget belt. Sad pants almost falling. Staff nice. Ben nice. Help find belt. Happy pants no falling today.

It was a brilliant hostel. Very accomodating to any requests we had, and the staff encouraged a very friendly atmosphere amongst the guests. Very happy with Astor Queensway. As one point of constructive criticism though, the bathrooms could have had better ventilation systems.

• 25th Jun 2015

Stayed 1 night. The staff is super friendly and very helpful! I didn't have to worry that much about my luggage because they have a locked luggage room downstairs and also lockers underneath every bed. It's not the newest or shiniest hostel but it's clean where it matters- showers, kitchen, beds, etc. Quick wifi in all the rooms was great. Would stay here again unless I wanted to try a different area of London.

Nice hostel, friendly staff, good location. it would have been nice if there had been more than just cereal and toast for breakfast (maybe some fruit or yogurt).

Hostel was very basic but the staff were really friendly and approachable.. I liked staying right on the park and it was really close to the tube. Overall, nice stay, maybe lacked a bit of atmosphere

Rooms were very small and bathrooms were dirty and small, but it was nice that my friend and I were put in a four person room for just the two of us.

The building is very old. The 6 bed dorm room is much too small for 6 people, no room to move in the morning when people are trying to get ready. One toilet and one shower for 18+ people. Only 1 power point in the room which was "remedied" by adding a power bar. Still only 5 plugs for 6 people.

Good hostel. Great location. Ian was brilliant and answered all my annoying questions.

Kind, helpful team. Felt slightly less secure after a few smaller, but cumulative events: one staff member opened my door without knocking (he said he knocked 10-15 minutes earlier and checked the room when I was out, and he was clearly surprised by my return while vacuuming... But, in the last week, three housekeepers opened my door unannounced in various hotels & hostels), no answer to calls when my neighbors started a party, bedroom deadbolt didn't align with doorjamb.

• 18th Jun 2015

Great hostel in the city! Not in a main sQuads of anything, but there was enough around to enjoy there and the underground station and bus stops were just around the corner. Friendly staff with great advice for things to do and always willing to help you find your way around.

In general it was a lovely hostel. The staff were friendly and very helpful. My only issue was that the 8 bed dorm doesn't have power points for each bed. Just 4 outlets fir 8 ppl. It was inconvenient b/c I had to shut by my phone for 2 hours while it charged when I really wanted to be sleeping. Besides that it was great.

I stayed there for two nights. Everything were good except the stairs. I had a big luggage with me and i lived on the 4th floor. Luckily the staff was really kind to help me to take it up to my room. Just that I didn't bother to ask them when I check out. Good value of money with the location in zone 1

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are happy that our staff helped you out and that you liked our location. We understand about the stairs but here at Astor we do like to preserve the old heritage of the building and wouldn't want to ruin it with the modern instrument of an elevator! Lovely to meet you, AQ Team xx