Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

I really liked this Hostel, staff were friendly and helpful :). Good atmosphere, nice people, good events I went on the pub crawl there which was a great way to see Camden and meet people. Very close to fantastic underground train system to get into Central London. Wifi was very reliable and fast. Only improvement would be to have bigger shower areas, as they were very cramped. I would recommend :)

everything ok! i little hot in the rooms, but the rest is perfect

Thanks for a great stay! Lovely staff!

• 24th Jul 2015

The staff were great!!! The location not that good and the price was too expensive. The rooms were very small! My compliments for the breakfast, was really good and I liked the 1 pound charity.

Very friendly staff, excellent breakfast spread and awesome vibe. Among the 15+ hostels I have stayed in all over Europe, this is definitely one of my favorites. - Abhinav, USA

Location perfect, staff so friendly and are like your mates, very knowledgeable, facilities great, bathrooms always cleaned daily, free wifi, beds not bad for a hostel , loved my stay , have stayed 2 seperate occasions now for 7 nights each stay and will be back if in London again! Also love the nightly activities always a blast and gets everyone involved cheers Tara

• 22nd Jul 2015

A bit of a far walk from most places, but close to Queensway and Bayswater tube stations, so easy to get around. Hostel itself was on a quiet side street next to Hyde Park. Stayed here just for a night because our flight got pushed back until the next day, and it was a good place to sleep.

Took about an hour to check a group of six into the hostel. When we asked them to call us a taxi in the morning, they called a private company whose driver charged twice as much as the regular ones and made us very late. Poor service overall.

good location, very clean but the room was a bit dry

Very nice hostel with great atmosphere. Well conected to the city of London. Great value for money.

The best possible start to my eurotrip. Staff super friendly and helpful. Had everything I needed either at the hostel or a short walk away. Highly recommended!

• 15th Jul 2015

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Really interesting building. Good location.

The hostel was great because I was travelling by myself and easily met people in the kitchen and the common room. The pub crawls were also a great way to meet people and they staff got involved which was great. All the staff were friendly and I would highly recommend staying here especially if you are by yourself.

The wifi was hit and miss, kept booting us off. The staff were very helpful in getting us a cab early in the morning. Good breakfast for 1 euro. Doesn't have a very large common room. Extremely close to Hyde Park and two Underground stations. Would stay there again.

The hostel was really good located, the staff super helpful and nice. The only thing I'd change are the lockers under the beds because it was difficult to open and close them...

The were some pros and cons to this hostel. Pros: great wifi, really friendly staff, lots of information available for planning your trip around London, great location by the queensway and Bayswater tube stops Cons: was less than thrilled with the cleanliness of this hostels. The shower smelt of mold and it seemed as if the carpet in the room had not been vacuumed in months. Also there were not individual plugs by the beds nor a personal light.

Everything is perfect over there except the temperature in the room. We could not stand the heat. we had 3 fan in the room and it was still too hot. But other then that everything is great

Had an amazing stay. Everyone was so nice and friendly. I enjoyed every minute of it.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Slovenia

Wonderful Place! The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful especially during the tube strike this past week. They helped everyone who asked find alternate roots via the bus and walking. The room was great, got a little hot during the night with 4 people in it but that is expected for the middle of summer. Both bathrooms near my room were pretty clean. Lastly, the locker under the bed and ability to rent a lock was amazing. I didn't have to worry about my stuff when I was gone all day!

• 8th Jul 2015

Thank you for the nice stay with you! I enjoyed it a lot and love to come back!

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Thank you for writing to us about your experience. We are happy to hear you had a great time. We would really love it for you to come back and experience more what our hostel has to offer! Safe Journey, Queensway Team xx