Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The place was very accessible and very nice. It was like a dorm. Padlocks were available for a deposit which we got back at the end which was very nice. Breakfast also was only 50 pence which was also toward a charity which was also a plus. There was only 1 restroom and shower shared among the floor but that was completely fine. Overall I greatly recommend this hostel!

• 6th Mar 2015

Even though in cold March the air in our room got quite stuffy and the beds were only 1.9 metres long. But the friendly and helpful staff, the breaktfast & kitchen and the location definitely made up for that!

• 6th Mar 2015

Perfect for a cheap weekend in london, Great location, friendly staff and great atmosphere ! Will more than likely go back there the next time I'm going to London !

• Belgium

Very clean and friendly service Free lock for lockers for valuables

Thanks for your nice comments and we are glad that it was all in good standards for you!

Good rooms, great staff, chill atmosphere. Well worth staying at again

Thank you very much for your great review. we appreciate that you enjoyed all aspects of us. We hope you stay with us again! Team AQ

I would just add little lights next to beds

• 3rd Mar 2015

Thank you for your feedback, we will definitely take that into consideration!

Staff make this place. Excellent bunch of people who welcome you into their family.

• 1st Mar 2015

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy you felt as a member of our very large Astor family! We hope to see you again! Team Queensway.

My stay at the Astor queens way was great. Really good location, facilities and cleaningness was good enough. The friendly and helpful staff is a nightlight of this place :). The only low points is that there are not a lot of bathrooms and showers. I definitely think they should add shelves inside the bathrooms and showers so you can put your stuff while using them.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Chile

Amazing hostel with such a lovely bunch of people! First time solo female traveller and I felt so safe and so welcomed! If you are considering staying in London look no further. Sad I couldn't stay longer :-( Thanks for the awesome time guys! Em :-)

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us an awesome review! We greatly appreciate the feedback and our thrilled you enjoyed your stay here.We were sad to see you leave but can't wait to have you stay with us again! Safe travels, The team @ Astor Queensway

Great place for a easy, calm trip. Plenty of people, conversations and activities organised in&around in the hostel without the all night noise one might find in other hostels. Big plus are the spacy kitchen and common room!

I was staying at the hostel just for a few nights before getting my own appartment. It suited me just fine. Everybody was helpful, they always try to get the clients involved in actvities. I stayed at a 6 mixed dorm and at the beginning i was quite small but eventually got used to it.

Awesome all 'round.

Fantastic time at Astor Queensway. Was sad to have to leave! Staff are excellent and always helpful. Decent commonroom for meeting other travellers as well as a large spacious kitchen/dinning area for extra hang outs like the beer pong evenings! Extremely easy to meet people as it's not a huge huge hostel and thus for the time you're here you'll get to know some peeps. Only negative that I can think of is that there aren't any elevaters which is quite annoying if you're too high up.

When I saw the good reviews I had high expectations, but got a bit disappointed upon the check-in. The guesthouse is ok and the staff is friendly, but the equipment of the dormitory and the bathrooms are very basic: No personal lamp/plug/shelf near the bed & luggage storage under the bed was blocked. The showers were tiny and didn't offer any shelfs for shampoo and not enough mountings for towel & clothes (and if there were, they were not next to the shower)...

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

Doesn't change - this place is aways the best.

Great hostel near Hyde Park, easy to get to anywhere, really friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, and I saw they can help with free tours and what to do around London.So much fun here.

Hi there, thank you for your great comments! We love recommending places to go in this beautiful city and we try to cover a big range of interests. We hope to see you again at Astor Queensway, many thanks!

Fantastic Hostel , with some of the most helpful and welcoming staff.

• 13th Feb 2015

I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of my stay at Astor Queensway , all the staff are so welcoming and friendly and I can't think of one thing I would change about my time here. Can't wait for my next visit :-)

• 11th Feb 2015

Hi there, so good to hear that you had fun with us! We are looking forward to see you next time you are in London :-) All the best, Queensway team

Friendly staff, friendly people in the dorms and best breakfast I've ever had in a hostel (fresh bread beats everything for me). The hostel is also in a really good location, right next to Hyde Park and in a residential neighbourhood, but also close to cheap places to eat. I'll definitely go back.

Thank you very much for taking time to submit a review. We really think that a hearty breakfast is the best start for your day, and we have recently upgraded ours with some freshly brewed coffee and yoghurt! We are looking forward to your next visit. Best, Queensway team.

This hostel was like a home away from home! The staff are very accommodating and friendly, and there are plenty of things for use or rent (almost all of which is free!). The building and style of hostel also had a very movie-like English feel to it. It was excellent and I would gladly stay there again.