Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Good, basic hostel in a handy location. Two tube stations a very short walk away and close to Hyde Park. The staff were friendly and helpful and they ran different activities each night - eg pub crawl, bowling, movie night etc. Breakfast was pretty good. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm on floor 6, only minor issues were not having powerpoints by beds and our bathroom being a little wet. Would recommend.

I had a good stay in this hostel. Conveniently located.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Hi there, we are very glad you had a good stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Best, Astor Queensway

I had a wonderful stay at this Astor Hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the facilities were very clean. It also felt very safe with there being a door code that you needed to use to get back inside the hostel. I will definitely be staying here again.

• 4th Apr 2015

Had a great stay. Would book it again as it is definitely one of the nicer hostels in London.

• 4th Apr 2015

This hostel rates quite low in terms of comfort comparingly. The dorm was very small and on the 5th floor, with no lift. To be fair the staff did ask if we wanted help carrying our stuff and they were helpful in general. The rooms were also not very clean, the bathroom very dusty and the towels smelled funny. The location is great though: lovely neighbourhood, close to the tube, Hyde Park

It's clean, but room is too small. People can't pass through if you open your suitcases Only one washroom and one bathroom each floor.

The location was right near the central line of the tube station making it very easy to get around the city. This was the cleanest and nicest hostel I have stayed in so far out of 6 cities. The staff was awesome. It was a bit more expensive than I would have liked but that is to be expected in London. I would recommend staying here.

Great location and friendly helpful staff. Decent facilities, though common spaces and bathrooms are quite small. Also note that there are 6 floors and no elevator, so god help you if you're on the top floor like we were! For the price (relative to London) it's well worth the stay.

Staff where awesome and had a great time. Would definatly recommend it!!!

Very well located close to Hyde Park and 2 blocks from subway station. Very friendly and active staff for night activities and just being around. Good breakfast. Missing some fresh fruits though. I was on the 6th floor, it can get tiring to get up all the stairs sometimes. Conclusion: excellente value for money.

This was the first European hostel I ever stayed at and I definitely had a pleasant experience. The kitchen and toilet facilities were cleaned each day and always easy to access. The only minor complaint I had was that laundry was 3 pounds a load to wash and 1 pound to dry for 20 minutes. Otherwise, the staff were very pleasant and helpful and were available to assist at all hours of the day.

• 27th Mar 2015

Hello there! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your first taste of Europe with us and that you had a good time! We will take that into consideration about the prices. Safe travels, Queensway.

YES! This hostel is amazing. There are plenty of common rooms to meet people and the staff is brilliantly helpful! Everything that I needed was happily taken care of: sight seeing recommendations, restaurants, money exchanges, ATMs, pub craws/parties. The rooms were very clean, lots of ventilation and safety for belongings. Easy to find and close enough to the Queensway subway. Highly recommended!

Being on the top floor is a pain, near supermarkets and tube station is a plus. Staff were very friendly. The area is very quiet by midnight. Near Hyde Park and its surrounding tourist attractions! (V&A, Natural History Museum etc.). Not many spare sockets in the rooms and the extension leads were for two-pin sockets?!

Great Staff! Nice atmosphere!

Friendly place located in a gorgeous right next to two subway stations and two supermarkets, as well as Kensington Gardens. Don't plan on getting a whole lot of sleep or being guaranteed a plug for your charger, but otherwise it is a fantastic place to stay

this was our first stay in a hostel so it's hard to compare but we had a great first experience. the facilities were constantly being cleaned, our 4 person mixed room was small but sufficient with lockers under our bed to insure security. staff were very helpful and friendly. only Downfall was that the areas we wantedto go out in were not really close. would definitely stay there again!

Hey, thank you for the review! We are very happy that your first hostel experience with us and that you enjoyed it. Shame you were not close to your wanted area but we hope the atmosphere here made up for it! Well we hope that you do, best wishes AQ x

The Staff at this hostel is absolutely incredible!!! Would recommend this hostel to anyone. Price may be a bit high for some, but if you want the best overall hostel experience, you should look no further than here! Activities are great, clean facilities, very helpful staff, cheap and delicious breakfast, what more can you desire? My only complaint about the Astor chains (I've stayed in 2) is that their wifi is not very good; the wifi frequently disconnects and is very slow. Stay at this hostel!

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hello! Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review it is very much appreciated and we will most definetly look into the price and internet issues to try to be the best we can be! Your praise is wonder, thanks. We will hopefully see you in the future! Queensway Family

Great location. They have adapters and other necessities that you can borrow for free which is nice. Only warning: there are 6 floors and no elevator, so be prepared.

Very nice hostel where to stay. Really good position close to Hyde Park and to Queensway tube station that brings you directly to the heart of London! I'll stay there every time I'll go to London! RECOMMENDED!

• 21st Mar 2015

Thank you very much for taking time to submit a review. We love our location so we are happy you share the love! YES good idea! Come back soon! AQ Team

You guys rock! I will definitely come back to the hostel. Very highly recommended.

Yey! Thank you very much, glad you liked us and that we will be seeing you in the future. We can't wait! Queensway family x