Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Recommend to anyone only ask for a room on the lower floors we were 6 floors up and no elevator

• 14th Jul 2014

As soon as I stepped in, thought that its a very nice &clean place,the is staff friendly. &in a good location, but when I was told I was inthe 6 floor with no lift. I wasn't liking it that much anymore. When I came back 2 the Hostel in the evening, &asked for a towel, I was told that there weren't any left !!! couldnt take a shower inthe morning since I was leaving early in the morning, & 6 floors to go up &down wasnt such a pleasant thing to do. room was very hot, had a noisy fan in the room

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Thank you very much for your review. Towels are provided free of charge all day, we always make sure that we wash them during the night and have them fresh and clean in the morning. Being in a culture heritage building we are doing our best to keep the heat away by providing fans and keeping the windows wide open all day. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels, you are more than welcome to stay with us in the future and get a better experience. Warm Regards, Queensway team.

Staff were great, location was good.

Very friendly staff and great location.

Overall, an amazing hostel! The staff was super friendly and helpful throughout the stay. The hostel also has a great policy for borrowing items. They require either an ID or money to borrow them and then you get it back once you return it.

Hostel was hot due to the weather but the hostel provided fans. Location is great to catch the hop on hop off bus. Hostel staff was great

Very friendly staff, clean rooms and all the facilities you need!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Sweden

If the bathrooms were better

It's a bit pricey for a hostel but this was my favourite hostel after travelling for 5 weeks in Europe. It is clean, the staff are friendly, the wifi is good, the breakfast is good, the beds are comfy. You don't have to pay extra to borrow padlocks or use the lockers in front of the lobby counter. It's only a few stops away from Picadilly Circus via the Central Line. Nearest Underground is Queensway (127 steps down to the platform if you don't want to wait for the lift!) and Bayswater.

This hostel is the great deal I've been always looking for, and I finally found it! Great location, great staff, free and fast Wifi and free extras. A lot of other places charge you ridiculous amount for stuff you might have forgot or might not have space for it: not here. Free breakfast. Amazing location, 5 minutes from the Central Underground Line.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Not a bad hostel. Clean, good, and not too expensive. I wish I stayed here again instead of trying a new hostel. Atmosphere needs a little more to be desired.

• 29th Jun 2014

Fun place to meet a lot of people! Just outside Hyde park. Staff was amazing, very helpful. Not the cleanest but that's to be expected with hostels. Was hot at the time too.

a very nice experience, I don't really think I can complain about anything. It seemed to be that there were not that many showers, but I never had to wait more than 4 or 5 minutes... I'd seriously recommend it. The staff was nice, namely the Australian guy. Very helpful tips on what to see in London.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Not enough toilets or showers! Good continental breakfast. Overall very small and pokey hostel, but then that's London!

Loved it here! Awesome people, clean, great service and location!

• 27th Jun 2014

Awesome staff. Extremely helpful. We didn't have a place to stay for the first night and thanks to the staff at the hostel. They helped us find a hostel nearby for the night. Everything in the hostel is really good. It's only a few minutes to the tube. Really nice and helpful staff. Rooms are clean. All people can enjoy the kitchen and atmosphere in the hostel is excellent. We have stayed at other hostels in London and this one is really gd. It's a little pricey, but it's worth the money.

This was my first time staying at a hostel and it was great! The storage under the bunks are helpful and you can literally borrow anything (locks, iron, hair dryers etc.). The hostel arranges social events everyday of the week which is a great way to meet people. I felt safe in the hostel and will def stay here again when I am back in London. The staff is awesome!

• 25th Jun 2014

We are very glad we managed to make your stay at your first hostel great! We always to make sure you guys have a great time and meet new people while travelling, it's precious! Enjoy the rest of your travel and see you soon! Regards, Astor Queensway team

Nice hostel in a quiet area. Staff are really friendly and helpful. Rooms are quite spacious. Good value for money.

Hi! Thank you very much for your feedback, we hope to see you again on your next travel adventure! Best, Astor Queensway team

The hostel is great, and its best part is the staff! They will help in every way they can. Our time in london couldn't be better :)

For my first hostel ever, this place exceeded my expectations! The staff was so wonderful! Free breakfast? Ahhhhh lovely! Free WiFi that worked great everywhere in the hostel, perfect!! Felt very comfortable being here!

Thank you for your lovely words, we are really glad you enjoyed your first hostel experience! We hope the rest of your travelling keeps being as awesome and we hope to see you back to ours soon! Best, Astor Queensway team