Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

For the rating that it has, it was extremely disappointing. I had to walk up to the sixth floor with two pieces of luggage and there should be some sort of warning about this. The toilet is the worst I've ever used in a hostel and the rooms get boiling hot. The staff were friendly, the lounge area was just okay. Also only one washer and one dryer and it creates a problem when more than one person needs to use it and it only opens from 10-10.

I will be staying here again for sure.. This place had everything i was looking for in a hostel. I didnt want to leave! Ian, britt and all the guys were great and always there to make your stay perfect! I made lots of friends! Breakfast is good, strong wifi in the room, nice lounge aérea and although the location is not central, it's a lovely place :) loved it!!! I highly recommend

I have spent the past 7 years travelling and Astor Queensway is definitely in the top list if not the best I have been to, for so many reasons. I shan't say more as I want to keep some rooms available for me next time I want to book. Whether you are travelling, working or hell if you just want to get away from your kids/inlaws, Astor is the place to go. I haven't tried the other branches, but hey, why would I. Cheers to the team.

Great hostel, though the rooms are a bit cramped. The staff and atmosphere make up for it. Also great location between Notting Hill and Central, close to the tube and many small restaurants and shops. Would definitely stay here again!

Thank you for being so welcoming; the staff and other residents made my stay.

• 24th Sep 2014

Good hostel, but the common room and e bedrooms are a bit small. Also, no elevators - if you are on top floors, this can be a problem. Breakfast was good. Storage under the bed which is convenient. The toilets and showers could be more clean.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in and I've been traveling now about 9 months. The atmosphere here is amazing and the staff is incredible. I intended on staying 6 days and its been two weeks now. Everyone here will make you feel as though you are part of a family. The location is perfect near two different underground lines and there is pleny of supermarkets and foodstores nearby. You really can't go wrong with this hostel, great location, great staff, great people.

The staff are the friendliest people in the world. Breakfast is beautiful. The only thing is, they have this massive helicopter like fans in every room and they're very noisy. So if the rest of the gang in your room decide they want it on, like it happened to me, you won't sleep much.

I immediately loved this place. The staff is so uplifting and helpful and befriended me right away. I stayed four nights and enjoyed every bit of it. Excellent atmosphere. Great location just next to the tube, bus and Hyde Park. I was on the 2nd floor in a 6-bed dorm. The rooms are a little cramped but they are clean! My last night I was on the 6th floor and pretty cramped in a small 4-bed dorm with no lift. But I survived. :) I recommend this place to anyone!

Very friendly staff and nice atmosphere, but it isn't the cleanest.

Astor is a fantastic place to stay! From my first steps inside the hostel, i fell like i was home. Brittany was my sunshine during my entire stay. She is an amazing person, dedicated to her work, always here to help! I definitely miss her as a staff but also as a friend which i will hopefully see again. Dont worry all the other staff are amazing aswell! But i have to say that Brittany was definitely the highlight of my stay.

The people here are awesome! Staff are super helpful and nice ! Location is safe and you have shops about 2 blocks away ! Great place to stay!!

• 21st Sep 2014

Good location and Helpful and nice Staff! But if you are paling to stay there, make sure that you do not stay a the room on the 6th floor!!! The stairs are not the worst problem! the room is not made for 4 person!!!! Very small and make it uncomfortable.

The staff was extremely helpful whenever I had a question. It was a great location and easy to get to the metro. The rooms were a little warm but the window opened to help cool things down. Overall a friendly and great experience.

• 19th Sep 2014

The room was a bit uncomfortable to be in. The carpeting contributed to a bit of stuffiness and smell esp during humid weather, the bathrooms were about as clean as the local gym (i know this has a lot to do with the roommates, but it'd be nice if it at least looked like the staff came in to clean up a bit). Otherwise, the bed was clean and fine, the location was very convenient, the price I suppose came with the good location, and the staff were very nice about everything.

Amazing hostel with even more amazing staff! They were all super friendly and helpful and there's always someone around. Free breakfast is pretty awesome as well and there's a common room with some couches which makes it easy to meet fellow travellers as well. Showers were clean and ensuite. However, there's no lift which you might have to consider in case that's a problem for you. I'll definitely go there again!

Shower should be fixed, bunk bed next to the big window is not safe, since in the room is so hot that window have to be open during the night. Location is great and staff super helpful.

I had a perfect stay, everything went real well, met some great people and had a good chat with the staff members, especially the hidden french one.

Undoubtedly the best hostel in London by far. Fantastic location, delicious breakfast, and most importantly the friendliest group of people running a hostel I have ever met! Great dynamic and I can't wait for an excuse to stay there again A****

• 18th Sep 2014

Everything was great, we will definitely come back the next time we'll visit London.

• 17th Sep 2014