Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Awesome !

• 7th Jun 2014

Clean and central hostel. Only problem was there was only one plug in female dorm I stayed in. It had a multiple socket, but it was very difficult to access. However, I slept great and I'd definitely stay here again.

Had a great time in this hostel! Staff were extremely helpfull and friendly. Location good to. My only complaint is that the 5th floor has been robbed multiple times and unfortunately while I was there my laptop got knocked along with someone else's., while I was staying on the 5th floor. Don't let this deter you because every other floor and room has locks and bars, just not level 5. Other than that it was a great hostel.

Great hostel in a nice location in Kensington close to plenty of restaurants and shops. Also two tube stations were close by Queensway and Bayswater. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful!!!! My only issue was the six floor walk up to my room after a long day of sight seeing. The wifi worked okay on the sixth floor but worked perfectly in the lounge. Room was tidy and very clean and the bathroom ensuite was cleaned daily.

A great experience ! A great staff (they are nice, smiling people and they give you very good advices) You can meet lots of people and have fun. Good breakfast : corn flakes, toast, jams, milk and hot drinks In the center of London : the best place to stay in London :) Minus : it can be warm in the rooms during the summer

• 3rd Jun 2014

Astor Queensway was by far the best hostel I've ever been to. The central location is close to the tube and bus stations but close enough to the centre that I walked almost everywhere. The facilities are amazing. The kitchen is fully equipped and offers free tea and coffee! The cozy common room is the best place to meet new people. Above all though was the staff. I met some of the loveliest people who helped me along my journey in London. I already miss them, Thank you for everything!!

During my stay in Astor Queensway my room was broken into during the day and some valuable guests' belongings stolen from locked containers.The hostel seemed really secure but,well,it turned out not to be. Hostel staff tried their best to make it up for us,but some of them clearly were not trained for such situation as they failed to infom me what has happened upon my return to the hostel (not even a note asking to call on desk) and didn't know which info from the police they can share with me.

• 31st May 2014
  • Poland

Staying here was my first hostel experience and it is safe to say that it was a good one. The place was very clean and had a great atmosphere and location in the city. The staff was great and very helpful as well. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to London and looking to stay in a hostel!

• 29th May 2014

I stayed in room 52 and due to the Arrangement of the beds I was unable to lock my luggage away. That was unfortunate but didn´t disturb my stay in any way

I loved Astor Queensway!! It was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Every person I ever encountered at the reception desk (and I stayed for 7 days, so I met a few!) were amazing and so helpful! The atmosphere was great, it was extremely clean, and there was always a lively buzz to the place that made it a wonderful stay. I would come back here in a heartbeat and probably will! Wouldn't be surprised if I come back some day begging to join their lovely staff :)

• 28th May 2014

The Astor Queensway seeks to make each guest's stay a good one. There is a complimentary breakfast offered in the kitchen in the morning, often consisting of toast, cereal and juice/coffee/etc. The rooms are mostly clean, as are the bathrooms. There is typically one toilet and one shower per floor, so if the one by your room is occupied you can often climb the stairs and find a free one. The staff is friendly and eager to help! I had a good time during my stay.

Free towels and free breakfast are definitely a plus.

This place is extremely homely and so easy to get to, rught near main bus stops and train stations but no street noise and a beautiful quiet location near Hyde park. Staff are so welcoming and helpful, the atmosphere is very relaxed and homely. Room are super clean and comfy and the continental breaky is really well run. Whether you want to chill in and float around the hostel or use it just as place to crash this place is perfect! Best hostel in London I've been at so far

• 24th May 2014

I only stayed here one night before flying back home, so I didn't spend too much time at the hostel. I liked the location. One thing that stood out right away was how excellent the staff was. They were very kind and helpful the whole time I was there.

This hostel is a great place to stay/. Stuff is very helpfull and nice. Location is very good. Only 2 minutes walk to Hyde park and 15 minutes to Oxford street. A lot of pubs, supermarkets and cafe around. Definitely we will come back!!!

Loved the place. Sure the rooms are a little bit tiny, ... in fact everything is a little bit small in the hostel :D but it makes it very warm cozy and homey. It's very well located (near Hyde Park) and everything u need is nearby (bus station, metro station, souvenirs shops, restaurant (for those who are looking for Halal food there is a couple of nice restaurant nearby)...). The staff is just wonderful, all of them are friendly helpful and always smiling

The staff is very helpful..

• 16th May 2014

I was on the 6th floor I think? So it was a bit of hike to get up to the room. Staff were fantastic though.

• 15th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Astore Queensway had a lovely set of staff. Everyone was willing to help and chat about anything. So great, so fun constantly running into everyone coming and going to the hostel. The beds were good. Rooms were all a bit hot...and we had a few problems with roommates being loud and flipping on the lights (but that's to be expected in large city hostels). All in all, good experience. And really good breakfast!!!

Astor Queensway is a six story building with no elevator. Depending on which room you are in, that can be an issue. It also can get quite hot on the sixth floor. The staff was utterly delightful, and the location was pretty convenient. One nice thing about Astor was that they provided things that many other hostels charge for. Towels were free, and you could borrow adapters, hair straighteners, etc. On the downside, it was kind of a cramped place. The rooms were small as was the kitchen.