Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

I loved Astor Queensway!! It was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Every person I ever encountered at the reception desk (and I stayed for 7 days, so I met a few!) were amazing and so helpful! The atmosphere was great, it was extremely clean, and there was always a lively buzz to the place that made it a wonderful stay. I would come back here in a heartbeat and probably will! Wouldn't be surprised if I come back some day begging to join their lovely staff :)

• 28th May 2014

The Astor Queensway seeks to make each guest's stay a good one. There is a complimentary breakfast offered in the kitchen in the morning, often consisting of toast, cereal and juice/coffee/etc. The rooms are mostly clean, as are the bathrooms. There is typically one toilet and one shower per floor, so if the one by your room is occupied you can often climb the stairs and find a free one. The staff is friendly and eager to help! I had a good time during my stay.

Free towels and free breakfast are definitely a plus.

This place is extremely homely and so easy to get to, rught near main bus stops and train stations but no street noise and a beautiful quiet location near Hyde park. Staff are so welcoming and helpful, the atmosphere is very relaxed and homely. Room are super clean and comfy and the continental breaky is really well run. Whether you want to chill in and float around the hostel or use it just as place to crash this place is perfect! Best hostel in London I've been at so far

• 24th May 2014

I only stayed here one night before flying back home, so I didn't spend too much time at the hostel. I liked the location. One thing that stood out right away was how excellent the staff was. They were very kind and helpful the whole time I was there.

This hostel is a great place to stay/. Stuff is very helpfull and nice. Location is very good. Only 2 minutes walk to Hyde park and 15 minutes to Oxford street. A lot of pubs, supermarkets and cafe around. Definitely we will come back!!!

Loved the place. Sure the rooms are a little bit tiny, ... in fact everything is a little bit small in the hostel :D but it makes it very warm cozy and homey. It's very well located (near Hyde Park) and everything u need is nearby (bus station, metro station, souvenirs shops, restaurant (for those who are looking for Halal food there is a couple of nice restaurant nearby)...). The staff is just wonderful, all of them are friendly helpful and always smiling

The staff is very helpful..

• 16th May 2014

I was on the 6th floor I think? So it was a bit of hike to get up to the room. Staff were fantastic though.

• 15th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Astore Queensway had a lovely set of staff. Everyone was willing to help and chat about anything. So great, so fun constantly running into everyone coming and going to the hostel. The beds were good. Rooms were all a bit hot...and we had a few problems with roommates being loud and flipping on the lights (but that's to be expected in large city hostels). All in all, good experience. And really good breakfast!!!

Astor Queensway is a six story building with no elevator. Depending on which room you are in, that can be an issue. It also can get quite hot on the sixth floor. The staff was utterly delightful, and the location was pretty convenient. One nice thing about Astor was that they provided things that many other hostels charge for. Towels were free, and you could borrow adapters, hair straighteners, etc. On the downside, it was kind of a cramped place. The rooms were small as was the kitchen.

This hostel has style, Staff is most friendly and they have a smart ideas... Good work guys!

• 14th May 2014
  • Slovakia

Thank you for all the kind words and compliments, we will keep up with the good work! It's been great having you stay with us, we hope to see you on your next visit in London! Safe travels :-)

Very friendly and helpful staff!! Great atmosphere!! Had a really good experience there!!

Very nice hostel in relatively central location. Clean facilities and very friendly staff!

Fantastic hostel with very friendly staff!

It makes us so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay! You are always welcome on your next visit in London. Safe travels!

We really enjoyed our stat there. Friendly staff and atmosphere. The only down side, there was mold in the bathroom.

It was great expiriance staying in Astor queensway hostel. Location is nicely connected, rooms were comfy, staff was polite. We had warm showers and jummy breakfasts, nothing to complain about. Thank you for your hospitality.

• 9th May 2014
  • Croatia

Our time in Astor Queensway was most enjoyable, the staff always greeted us with a smile, quickly responded to every request we had and gave good advice about places worth to visit and offers discounted rates to places in London and the surrounding areas and in generally always gave a nice feeling, the rooms were clean and everything extra we needed (like towels, lock or luggage weight) was to receive for deposit only.

• 8th May 2014
  • Israel

The location is okay, but requires transportation via the underground to get to the center, unless you want to walk for an hour. The toilet is located on its own so if you get up in the night to go, then to wash your hands you need to use the wash basin in the room which will be sure to wake everyone up. Had other guests outside the room that decided to sing, bang and chant into the early hours of the morning. Apart from that, the hostel is a reasonable price and London has easy transportation.

Staff was very welcoming and made my stay feel very at home. Some hostels make you feel like you're staying in a hotel but this one had an awesome atmosphere. Great location by Hyde and holland park. Will recommend to anyone! :)

• 8th May 2014