Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

This was the first European hostel I ever stayed at and I definitely had a pleasant experience. The kitchen and toilet facilities were cleaned each day and always easy to access. The only minor complaint I had was that laundry was 3 pounds a load to wash and 1 pound to dry for 20 minutes. Otherwise, the staff were very pleasant and helpful and were available to assist at all hours of the day.

• 27th Mar 2015

Hello there! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your first taste of Europe with us and that you had a good time! We will take that into consideration about the prices. Safe travels, Queensway.

YES! This hostel is amazing. There are plenty of common rooms to meet people and the staff is brilliantly helpful! Everything that I needed was happily taken care of: sight seeing recommendations, restaurants, money exchanges, ATMs, pub craws/parties. The rooms were very clean, lots of ventilation and safety for belongings. Easy to find and close enough to the Queensway subway. Highly recommended!

Being on the top floor is a pain, near supermarkets and tube station is a plus. Staff were very friendly. The area is very quiet by midnight. Near Hyde Park and its surrounding tourist attractions! (V&A, Natural History Museum etc.). Not many spare sockets in the rooms and the extension leads were for two-pin sockets?!

Great Staff! Nice atmosphere!

Friendly place located in a gorgeous right next to two subway stations and two supermarkets, as well as Kensington Gardens. Don't plan on getting a whole lot of sleep or being guaranteed a plug for your charger, but otherwise it is a fantastic place to stay

this was our first stay in a hostel so it's hard to compare but we had a great first experience. the facilities were constantly being cleaned, our 4 person mixed room was small but sufficient with lockers under our bed to insure security. staff were very helpful and friendly. only Downfall was that the areas we wantedto go out in were not really close. would definitely stay there again!

Hey, thank you for the review! We are very happy that your first hostel experience with us and that you enjoyed it. Shame you were not close to your wanted area but we hope the atmosphere here made up for it! Well we hope that you do, best wishes AQ x

The Staff at this hostel is absolutely incredible!!! Would recommend this hostel to anyone. Price may be a bit high for some, but if you want the best overall hostel experience, you should look no further than here! Activities are great, clean facilities, very helpful staff, cheap and delicious breakfast, what more can you desire? My only complaint about the Astor chains (I've stayed in 2) is that their wifi is not very good; the wifi frequently disconnects and is very slow. Stay at this hostel!

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hello! Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review it is very much appreciated and we will most definetly look into the price and internet issues to try to be the best we can be! Your praise is wonder, thanks. We will hopefully see you in the future! Queensway Family

Great location. They have adapters and other necessities that you can borrow for free which is nice. Only warning: there are 6 floors and no elevator, so be prepared.

Very nice hostel where to stay. Really good position close to Hyde Park and to Queensway tube station that brings you directly to the heart of London! I'll stay there every time I'll go to London! RECOMMENDED!

• 21st Mar 2015

Thank you very much for taking time to submit a review. We love our location so we are happy you share the love! YES good idea! Come back soon! AQ Team

You guys rock! I will definitely come back to the hostel. Very highly recommended.

Yey! Thank you very much, glad you liked us and that we will be seeing you in the future. We can't wait! Queensway family x

Great place and the staff were incredibly helpful. Only criticism was the beds were a bit hard and our window didn't shut properly so there was a bit of a draft. Highly recommend.

Thank you so much for taking some of your time to leave a comment. We are very glad you had a pleasant time with us. We are always looking to improve so we will take your comments on board and try to fix any problems in the near future! All the best, the Astor Queensway family!

Quite a pleasant property. Nothing can be faulted to any extremity. Would stay again.

It was a lovely week there. I have no complains at all.

Hey! We are very happy that you have no complains and that you had a great time here. We hope to see you again soon! Team AQ

Very nice hostel. The staff are very helpful. I felt safe. Stayed in a 6-bed female dorm which had a sink. Only 5-8 min walk to 2 tube lines. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone.

Thank you very much. We are very pleased that you had a great stay here with us and that you would recommend us. We hope to see you in the future! Astor Queensway's Team

Great place, amazing location and extremely helpful staff. I will definitely be staying here again!

Lovely, clean hostel. Great location

• 16th Mar 2015

This is a great place to stay; the facilities are clean and functional (one of the best hostel showers I've had to date), and the staff is terrific. They let us check in a little early and store our bags after we had checked out. Everything was taken care of and they made a quick day trip as easy and painless as possible. Would definitely recommend this one, especially if you're wanting a place close to Hyde Park/Kensington High Street area.

The best stay in London. (I have been to London many times and this hostel was the best! I will recommend it to my friends! VERY friendly and helpful staff!!! Nice breakfast and a good location. I will go back soon so this will be my place again. I can't wait.

It makes us extremely happy to receive such good comment we genuinely thank you for your great review! We are very happy to hear that you had a great time! See you soon on your next visit to London, safe travels! Astor Queensway team xx

It's the staff at Astor that make your visit memorable, as the facilities aren't much special. The location is great, just off the Central line down a lane of hotels away from the main drag. Kitchen is well-equipped and each morning there's free bread and hot drinks. Game nights, pub nights, bowling, movie nights in the lounge, are all made even better by the great staff who are willing to do anything to help you out.

it was an awesome stay. friendly staff, lots of activities to do. met a lot of great people there. would definitely stay again.

• 13th Mar 2015