Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The staff at this hostel were great but the hostel itself is meh. Really old, run down building, 6 stories with no elevator and wifi barely worked above the 3rd floor. Also the whole block is just hotels and there's not really anything fun around.

Thank you very much for your feedback and your kind words about our staff. We are really sorry to hear that wifi didn't work that well, we have recently installed the fast PF sense wifi and we go through regular checks to make sure it functions properly. There are a lot of pubs within walking distance not far from Portobello!We are constantly making changes to improve our facilities so we hope to see you next time, our reception will be more than happy to help you with anything. Safe travels!

The location is great and the place is clean. The staff is really nice and helpful ! there is a lot of choice for the breakfast. the only "negative" thing is that in room 62, under the roof, it was reeeeally hot. But there is a ventilator to survive ;-) I am glad I found that place and without any doubt, I will stay there again for a next London trip ! Thank you Astor Hostel :)

• 8th May 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and services! We added extra ventilation in all the rooms for the epic nights of heat :-) See you next time you are in London, enjoy the rest of your trip!

We arrived after a 26 hour plane ride it was the perfect place to chill out and feel comfortable and safe! The staff were welcoming and we got lockers and good wifi, the area is really pretty just not so good for night life, although the tube and busses are just around the corner! The directions they gave us were perfect from Heathrow it was easy to get to our hostel! And the staff were helpful everyday!

A good hostel. The location and staff were great but there wasn't a good atmosphere. The walls by my bunk were covered in spit (very nasty) and the bathrooms were a little moldy.

Great hostel. Similar to other Astor hostels. Great security and beds. However common room is a bit cramped. Prefer Astor Hyde Park but I would recommend Queensway and would stay again. Wish there were some organized night events or excursions.

Astor Hostel was in a great location, two underground stops really close by. We had a 4 bed dorm which was pretty tight on space, but comfortable. Bathroom was clean but only one shower and toilet on our floor which was between at least 16 people. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Just be aware that they don't have a lift and the hostel has 6 floors!

• 2nd May 2014

The staff was there 24/7 and they were extremely helpful. It was also very safe and even though it wasn't located near the center of downtown, it was close to a metro and pretty accessible. The only negative comment I have is that the bathrooms were a little musty because of poor ventilation. And there were lots of stairs. Even though, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! Great, great staff.

Awesome location, right next to the park and 5 minutes away from the central and the district and circle lines. Great welcoming atmosphere. Everything a hostel should be. Manager Alex deserves a beer or six for running such a tight ship in such a chilled out way. See you next time I happen to be in London!

Great hostel with amazing staff. The best place to stay in London.

Thank you so much for your great feedback! Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to London! Safe travels :-)))

Great value, great location. Lots of sleepy students on our room. Clean toilets, friendly staff.

The stuff is great! Me and my friends enjoyed every minute and had a blast! We got help whenever we needed and had no trouble at all.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Nice choice for a trip to London. Location and staff are marvellous!! Breakfast was also good. Definitely I'd be back.

The hostel is very welcoming and friendly, the receptionists are simply awesome- will help you with every request and question. You feel surrounded by family. Highly recommended!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Israel

As a person with lots if experience from hostels in England I was happily surprised when I arrived at Astor. The rooms were clean and the staff amazingly helpful. It's quite cheep compared to the rest of the hostels in the neighborhood as well.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

loved Astor Queensway, very rockn'roll atmosphere, staff is so friendly and smiling makes you feel like very welcome. Quite happy with the room I slept like a baby breakfast is quite good, you've got several choices to at least fill up in the morning before smashing your day out And I liked the availability of the staff very much

Best hostel I've been to so far. Friendly staff, clean rooms and facilities, good breakfast. My friend and I loved this place! I have to thank to the staff for being friendly and cool, chat with you was my daily treat :)

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

Didn't seem to be too many bathrooms, and the one near my room was tiny and didn't have any hooks to hang stuff up with. It would be nice if there were more outlets in the rooms.

The staff and residents were amazingly friendly and extremely helpful. My first night there was on Easter and they had a little gathering in the kitchen that everyone was invited to. It seemed like every night of the week there was something social going on that you could partake in - a great way to meet new people. The location was prime - right around the corner from bus stops and the Queensway tube station. Or if you're up for it you can cut through Hyde Park and walk pretty much anywhere.

• 20th Apr 2014

Astor Queensway hostel is great place to stay. Location is perfect and staff is friendly. What else do you need when you travel? :)

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Latvia

This was my second stay with them and I couldn't have been more satisfied. The hostel is in a great position, just outside Hyde Park and a couple of minutes by foot from Queensway and Bayswater tube stations, in a very quiet area. There are many extras for free (towels, hairdryers, padlock) and the staff is simply lovely and very helpful and they clean everything every day. It is a very easygoing hostel and a great place for people who don't want to spend a lot and still have quality.