Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

I just had my first hostel experience here! Great hostel in a great location. a very short walk to Queensway station and Kensington gardens. You can borrow almost anything you'd like for a deposit. Rooms are cleaned daily. Very helpful and friendly staff, which is really the most important thing in the end. would definitely stay here again!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • NeddaSai
  • Saudi Arabia

Only stayed a couple of nights. Overall it was a good hostel.

It was very good, a perfect hostel to stay! However we stayed on 6th floor without lift!

Really friendly staff, always willing to lend a hand or offer advice. Very safe and central location in a quiet area. Great facilities and access to computer was much appreciated.

• 20th Jul 2014

Definitely need a warning that there is no elevator, and maybe people to help with lugging suitcases up multiple flights of stairs. It was only a small bathroom near my room but always available when I needed it. The suitcase drawers under the bed didn't fit my suitcase so it was a bit awkward getting things out of my suitcase. But overall an okay stay.

• 19th Jul 2014

My room was in 4th floor,and there was no air conditional, so it was very hot .....except that room are very clean , staff is reaaaaaally kind and breakfast is also good ! Good hostel

A friendly hostel. I much preferred it to the Astor Victoria as it was cleaner and had a more welcoming atmosphere.

I had a very nice time at the hostel. The staff was really friedly and helpful, the location is good, right next to hyde park and having the tube very closely. There was also a very good atmosphere, and i could get to know some of other people staying here.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

I had a great time at the Astor! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was great. The rooms got a little hot at night, but we had a fan. I would definitely stay again!

Nice staff, they got everything you needed. The hostle is right beside the high street and hyde park, so nice location. The only problem is that the room is too small and unbelievable hot. But in general, is a nice stay.

I liked that you only had to put down a deposit to get your key card, padlocks, etc, and towels and other extra items were free to borrow. The rooms were very clean. I wish that there had been extra storage space for people traveling with a large amount of luggage. There is no lift, but that's understandable as it's an old building. The free breakfast was great. There is no AC, so be warned that if you come in the summer it will be hot.

• 18th Jul 2014

I've stayed at a multitude of Hostels through out London and Astor is by far, one of the best. 5 stars in every area. Laidback, friendly and professional. It felt like more of a second home. If your looking for a place thats great for the location, convenience and atmosphere, try here first... then if you dont 100% love it... try somewhere else for a night. I guarantee you'll rebook Astor. I did.

• 17th Jul 2014

Our stay at Astor Queensway was great! Very nice staff, clean, safe, and on a top-location. The hostel is close to the Underground, Hyde park and in a quiet street, so great to come back after a busy day with lots of impressions. There is a large group of permanent stayers/people who use the hostel as an oversea base. These people are very nice to hang out with! (but it's probably not the best hostel to find people to see the common London touristic sights with.) Thanks so much! Eva & Jasper

• 17th Jul 2014

The best hotel I've stayed in. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is fantastic.

• 16th Jul 2014

The Hostel is quite good located and easy to find. The Staff is pretty helpful and nice, they really make the effort to help you and give you good tips, however the installations are a bit run down, we stayed in a 6-female room and the room is really, really small and they should provide lamps for each bed or at least other kind of illumination beside the main light in the room... anyhow I think I would probably stay there again if visiting London!

I had an amazing time with many inspirational people from all around the world! See you all SOON!

• 15th Jul 2014

I had an awesome stay at the Astor Queensway Hostel. The Staff were so helpful, funny and friendly. If i ever come back to London, before i turn 36, i will stay here again!

• 15th Jul 2014

Recommend to anyone only ask for a room on the lower floors we were 6 floors up and no elevator

• 14th Jul 2014

As soon as I stepped in, thought that its a very nice &clean place,the is staff friendly. &in a good location, but when I was told I was inthe 6 floor with no lift. I wasn't liking it that much anymore. When I came back 2 the Hostel in the evening, &asked for a towel, I was told that there weren't any left !!! couldnt take a shower inthe morning since I was leaving early in the morning, & 6 floors to go up &down wasnt such a pleasant thing to do. room was very hot, had a noisy fan in the room

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Thank you very much for your review. Towels are provided free of charge all day, we always make sure that we wash them during the night and have them fresh and clean in the morning. Being in a culture heritage building we are doing our best to keep the heat away by providing fans and keeping the windows wide open all day. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels, you are more than welcome to stay with us in the future and get a better experience. Warm Regards, Queensway team.

Staff were great, location was good.