Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The best Hostel in the whole world ! Belgies.

Excellent!

Really great hostel to stay at while in London, a 2 min walk from Kensington gardens and the tube station. Really accommodating and friendly staff. Will recommend and stay again!

I had an amazing time in this hostel!

Great experience and location. Staff ain't that bad either :). Definitely recommend

Great, above average hostel. WiFi sucks everywhere except in the 3rd floor bathroom, in front of the receptionist desk, and on the 4th floor. This would be a great hostel is a basic service like WiFi was standardized throughout the hostel.

The only problem for me is the room with shared bathroom. Humidity after take a shower in the bathroom, the room turns "hot", we have to let the door open to refresh the air inside the bathroom. Too small the room for 6 persons. Staff are cool and helpful.

The location is very closed to metro station, it's convenient to take public transportation to every sightseeing point. Staffs are awesome, they are willing to deal with any kind of problems. However, the hostel is a little bit crowded, the rooms are small. Also, it would be better if there is some outdoor space for hang clothes after laundry.

my favorite place ive stayed in a month of traveling. incredible staff who work extrenely hard to make sure you have the best time possible and get everything you want out of London while you're there. I enjoyed it so much I want to make a trip back to London just to stay here again. Im traveling alone and met a new group of people to hang out with every night

Very helpful and nice staff. Great breakfast. Close to a metro station and many restaurants. Some of the rooms are too small for a shared room. 6 floors and no elevator. We asked to change to a room in a lower floor and they were nice and agreed to do it. I'd probably come back :)

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Israel

Probably the best hostel I've ever been in. The most friendly staff and a perfect atmosphere for every backpackers around London. Loved it

The girl at the reception is the best. Super helpful. Rooms are clean, nice kitchen, good location.

• Argentina

Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Happy atmosphere.

• 27th Sep 2014

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff do such a good job at making sure everyone has a good time and provide opportunities for solo travelers to meet other people. Felt like I left a bunch of friends when I checked out. Thanks for the great stay!

Very nice hostel, clean and tidy. The staff is young and sympathetic. Only weak point are the bathrooms/showers, tiny and not enough if the hostel is crowded. The common spaces are comfortable, and the overall atmosphere is perfect for meeting people and make friends. Free Wi-Fi that works like a charm. Well connected to the city, with busses (Bayswater Rd) and tube (Queensway and Bayswater) 5 min walking distance. The neighborhood is nice and quiet with many other hotels.

• radome

For the rating that it has, it was extremely disappointing. I had to walk up to the sixth floor with two pieces of luggage and there should be some sort of warning about this. The toilet is the worst I've ever used in a hostel and the rooms get boiling hot. The staff were friendly, the lounge area was just okay. Also only one washer and one dryer and it creates a problem when more than one person needs to use it and it only opens from 10-10.

I will be staying here again for sure.. This place had everything i was looking for in a hostel. I didnt want to leave! Ian, britt and all the guys were great and always there to make your stay perfect! I made lots of friends! Breakfast is good, strong wifi in the room, nice lounge aérea and although the location is not central, it's a lovely place :) loved it!!! I highly recommend

I have spent the past 7 years travelling and Astor Queensway is definitely in the top list if not the best I have been to, for so many reasons. I shan't say more as I want to keep some rooms available for me next time I want to book. Whether you are travelling, working or hell if you just want to get away from your kids/inlaws, Astor is the place to go. I haven't tried the other branches, but hey, why would I. Cheers to the team.

Great hostel, though the rooms are a bit cramped. The staff and atmosphere make up for it. Also great location between Notting Hill and Central, close to the tube and many small restaurants and shops. Would definitely stay here again!

Thank you for being so welcoming; the staff and other residents made my stay.

• 24th Sep 2014