Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Nice staff, easy check-in and check-out, comfortable bed, good breakfast. My only small complaints would be the room is kind of hot, but with the provided fan it ends up comfortable, and the bathroom was kind of dirty looking, very warm, and a little smelly. But that didn't really affect anything else, so overall it was a great stay. Just make sure if you are with a group to book together if you want to be in the same room. We ended up a little scattered! Ended up okay, met some new people!

• 5th Jun 2015

Had a great time. Both the staff and guests were really friendly. The location and facilities are great value for money.

The staff was phenomenal. Super Helpful and full of useful information. The whole atmosphere of the place was beyond my expectations.

Very guest-friendly hostel in a beautiful silent place! Free breakfast (actually, for 0,5GBP donation for somebody), nice staff and activities!

I had a great time at Astor Queensway, which happened to be the first hostel I have ever been to. The staff was very kind, attentive, and took the time to get to know you. There were nightly events that hostelers could attend to get to know each other and the staff. The group of hostelers were very international. I would definitely come back again!

Very cloudy check-in day. Very sunny checkout day.

I liked its proximity to Hyde park and the Queensway tube stop. The hostel was eclectic and unfortunately had a noisy group of American students staying there the same time we were. Sadly there is no elevator and the climb to the top floor is pretty exhausting (at least they will offer to take your bags up for you!) Beware of the showers though, a bit cramped and the shower curtain was quite musty. Also, it would be nice if there was a light or an electric outlet by each bed.

Awesome hostel!

Rooms are a little small, and there aren't lockers in the rooms that really work. That being said there are free safety deposit boxes to use that are monitored by the front desk, the staff is amazing and friendly, and I LOVED the location. Right by Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, and Notting Hill within walking distance. Also a pharmacy and market, tons of restaurants and some pubs in the area

Nothing special. Just a room to sleep in at night. I've stayed in better and worse hostels this one was just ok.

A really good hostel. I ended up extending my stay from 3 nights to almost a week. It´s a big place so you get a lot of people congregating in the downstairs kitchen/dining room and common area which is great when you are travelling solo. Events were held every night with high attendance. Location really good (across the road from Hyde Park and a couple of minutes from two Metro stations). Staff were very competent and helpful - though could be slightly cliquey given the sheer number. Great!

Excellent hostel. The free breakfast every morning is a huge plus, and they have a cheap group dinner at least once a week for visitors. Absolutely loved staying here. The staff is awesome!

Why can't we drink the water here? Other than that this hostel was awesome. Staff was great! Wifi worked perfectly. It was pretty hot in the rooms but they provided us with 2 fans. Location is convenient, close to the tube and grocery stores. Would stay here again!

We stayed 4 days in the 6th floor without lift! The worst was trying to get our luggage upstairs. Thankfully, the staff was really nice and helped us. The bathroom was VERY small and the light didn't turn off.

• 26th May 2015
  • Argentina

Great hostel, great atmosphere, only problem is it's hot as F in the common areas. Not bad in the rooms with the window open. Other than that, fantastic.

The staff here was super helpful and accommodating. The bathrooms and showers were small but other than that it was an awesome place!

Everything was better than expected. The only downside was that it was blazing hot! Need to invest in an air conditioner, at least in the common areas!

Hey! Thank you for leaving a review and we are happy we exceeded your expectations, we take your drawbacks into consideration. We will hopefully sort the ventilation out soon! Safe travels, AQ Team xx

I absolutely loved being here! It felt like home while I was staying in London and every time I go back I always pick to stay here. Fellow backpackers and staff are unbelievably friendly and if you're travelling alone it's like a breath of fresh air. Plus the wifi is great.

• 24th May 2015

Hey there beaut! Thank you very much for your wonderful review, we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay here and we cannot wait for you to come back again in the future so we can party some more :)! Lots of love, Astor Family x

Great staff and always willing to help! We didn't spend much time at the hostel except to sleep.

Had an amazing time! Better than I expected and the staff is awesome! Place is super clean.

Hiya, thank you for your review. We're glad that we were better than your expectations! We hope you choose us again whenever your next in London! Pleasure having you, AQ Crew xx