Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

I had a great time at the Astor! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was great. The rooms got a little hot at night, but we had a fan. I would definitely stay again!

Nice staff, they got everything you needed. The hostle is right beside the high street and hyde park, so nice location. The only problem is that the room is too small and unbelievable hot. But in general, is a nice stay.

I liked that you only had to put down a deposit to get your key card, padlocks, etc, and towels and other extra items were free to borrow. The rooms were very clean. I wish that there had been extra storage space for people traveling with a large amount of luggage. There is no lift, but that's understandable as it's an old building. The free breakfast was great. There is no AC, so be warned that if you come in the summer it will be hot.

• 18th Jul 2014

I've stayed at a multitude of Hostels through out London and Astor is by far, one of the best. 5 stars in every area. Laidback, friendly and professional. It felt like more of a second home. If your looking for a place thats great for the location, convenience and atmosphere, try here first... then if you dont 100% love it... try somewhere else for a night. I guarantee you'll rebook Astor. I did.

• 17th Jul 2014

Our stay at Astor Queensway was great! Very nice staff, clean, safe, and on a top-location. The hostel is close to the Underground, Hyde park and in a quiet street, so great to come back after a busy day with lots of impressions. There is a large group of permanent stayers/people who use the hostel as an oversea base. These people are very nice to hang out with! (but it's probably not the best hostel to find people to see the common London touristic sights with.) Thanks so much! Eva & Jasper

• 17th Jul 2014

The best hotel I've stayed in. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is fantastic.

• 16th Jul 2014

The Hostel is quite good located and easy to find. The Staff is pretty helpful and nice, they really make the effort to help you and give you good tips, however the installations are a bit run down, we stayed in a 6-female room and the room is really, really small and they should provide lamps for each bed or at least other kind of illumination beside the main light in the room... anyhow I think I would probably stay there again if visiting London!

I had an amazing time with many inspirational people from all around the world! See you all SOON!

• 15th Jul 2014

I had an awesome stay at the Astor Queensway Hostel. The Staff were so helpful, funny and friendly. If i ever come back to London, before i turn 36, i will stay here again!

• 15th Jul 2014

Recommend to anyone only ask for a room on the lower floors we were 6 floors up and no elevator

• 14th Jul 2014

As soon as I stepped in, thought that its a very nice &clean place,the is staff friendly. &in a good location, but when I was told I was inthe 6 floor with no lift. I wasn't liking it that much anymore. When I came back 2 the Hostel in the evening, &asked for a towel, I was told that there weren't any left !!! couldnt take a shower inthe morning since I was leaving early in the morning, & 6 floors to go up &down wasnt such a pleasant thing to do. room was very hot, had a noisy fan in the room

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Thank you very much for your review. Towels are provided free of charge all day, we always make sure that we wash them during the night and have them fresh and clean in the morning. Being in a culture heritage building we are doing our best to keep the heat away by providing fans and keeping the windows wide open all day. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels, you are more than welcome to stay with us in the future and get a better experience. Warm Regards, Queensway team.

Staff were great, location was good.

Very friendly staff and great location.

Overall, an amazing hostel! The staff was super friendly and helpful throughout the stay. The hostel also has a great policy for borrowing items. They require either an ID or money to borrow them and then you get it back once you return it.

Hostel was hot due to the weather but the hostel provided fans. Location is great to catch the hop on hop off bus. Hostel staff was great

Very friendly staff, clean rooms and all the facilities you need!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Sweden

If the bathrooms were better

It's a bit pricey for a hostel but this was my favourite hostel after travelling for 5 weeks in Europe. It is clean, the staff are friendly, the wifi is good, the breakfast is good, the beds are comfy. You don't have to pay extra to borrow padlocks or use the lockers in front of the lobby counter. It's only a few stops away from Picadilly Circus via the Central Line. Nearest Underground is Queensway (127 steps down to the platform if you don't want to wait for the lift!) and Bayswater.

This hostel is the great deal I've been always looking for, and I finally found it! Great location, great staff, free and fast Wifi and free extras. A lot of other places charge you ridiculous amount for stuff you might have forgot or might not have space for it: not here. Free breakfast. Amazing location, 5 minutes from the Central Underground Line.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Not a bad hostel. Clean, good, and not too expensive. I wish I stayed here again instead of trying a new hostel. Atmosphere needs a little more to be desired.

• 29th Jun 2014