Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

everything was great. Great breakfast, amazing staff the location was pretty good.And for London it was good money. There is a lot groceries shop nearby

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Could use with more variety for Breakfast but it was free so I really shouldn't complain about it to much. The staff were very helpful in finding good cheap restaurants and with advice on were to visit.

• 9th Oct 2014

This was my first hostel experience and I don't think it could have gone better! Checking in was super easy, and the desk lady gave us great places to eat. Location is awesome - basically touching Hyde Park, a block away from the Tube, tons of pubs, and a hop-on hop-off bus stop. We we're on the 6th floor, so it was definitely hard to get up there at the end of the day, but the beds were comfortable and everyone was so nice! Breakfast at the hostel is only 50 pence, too! Would recommend to any!

Great staff -- super friendly and helpful. Great location. Showers were clean though toilets could be better. Rooms were tiny but decent value for for money, especially in central London.

Very clean hostel with great staff in a quiet part of London, but with a social atmosphere. Everyone who stayed there was friendly and great to meet, but there wasn't much of a nightlife nearby. I stayed here my last few nights in London after transferring from a party hostel in Shoreditch, and appreciated the calmer but still social vibe. There's a great shisha/shwarma place nearby. Free breakfast in the mornings, and a well-equipped kitchen. Watch out for noise complaints from neighbors.

Everything was clean, it was quiet at night and was able to sleep without a problem. I felt very safe - there is a code to enter the front door and everyone was super friendly. Although there was only one shower and one toilet on my floor, I never had to wait too long. Overall, a great value for your money and I would stay there again if I am ever back in London.

• 6th Oct 2014

Had a great stay at the Astor Queensway, met a lot of great people and felt very safe. The rooms are quite small though and not much space for suitcases but it is just somewhere to sleep after all. Great location as well.

The hostel is ok- the main positive is friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere with good common area. I liked that they organised everyone as a group to go out to nearby pubs/clubs. The beds and bathrooms are very basic. But clean enough. Staff were quite vague when giving directions and when asked about public transport, etc. lockers and towels for hire. Decent kitchen. Computers available but internet not working at the time. Wifi was fine though- a little patchy in upstairs bedrooms.

The best Hostel in the whole world ! Belgies.

Excellent!

Really great hostel to stay at while in London, a 2 min walk from Kensington gardens and the tube station. Really accommodating and friendly staff. Will recommend and stay again!

I had an amazing time in this hostel!

Great experience and location. Staff ain't that bad either :). Definitely recommend

Great, above average hostel. WiFi sucks everywhere except in the 3rd floor bathroom, in front of the receptionist desk, and on the 4th floor. This would be a great hostel is a basic service like WiFi was standardized throughout the hostel.

The only problem for me is the room with shared bathroom. Humidity after take a shower in the bathroom, the room turns "hot", we have to let the door open to refresh the air inside the bathroom. Too small the room for 6 persons. Staff are cool and helpful.

The location is very closed to metro station, it's convenient to take public transportation to every sightseeing point. Staffs are awesome, they are willing to deal with any kind of problems. However, the hostel is a little bit crowded, the rooms are small. Also, it would be better if there is some outdoor space for hang clothes after laundry.

my favorite place ive stayed in a month of traveling. incredible staff who work extrenely hard to make sure you have the best time possible and get everything you want out of London while you're there. I enjoyed it so much I want to make a trip back to London just to stay here again. Im traveling alone and met a new group of people to hang out with every night

Very helpful and nice staff. Great breakfast. Close to a metro station and many restaurants. Some of the rooms are too small for a shared room. 6 floors and no elevator. We asked to change to a room in a lower floor and they were nice and agreed to do it. I'd probably come back :)

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Israel

Probably the best hostel I've ever been in. The most friendly staff and a perfect atmosphere for every backpackers around London. Loved it

The girl at the reception is the best. Super helpful. Rooms are clean, nice kitchen, good location.

• 27th Sep 2014