Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Like the other Astor's I've stayed in, the hostel is partly tourists and travelers and partly staff and long-term residence. I didn't come for the communal atmosphere, but it's still annoying how the staff tend to make the place their own. The room is okay, but the bathroom really needs a fix. Mainly there is no ventilation in the way of windows, so it's pretty moldy. The Wifi is extremely temperamental as well. If you absolutely need to be connected, don't stay here.

This was my first time staying at a hostel and I am so happy with the experience I had at Astor Quest, both me and my friends was happily surprised with how good the location was, the extremly helpful and friendly staff, how bright and clean the rooms was, for being a hostel and the awesome price we got it for.

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

It was a lovely place with nice people. We felt free and relax in a great atmosphere. Thank you !

• 25th Feb 2014

It was a pleasure staying at this hostel! I would definitely recommend it!

Loved this place, fantastic people, couldnt have been more homely. just what i wanted :)

Thank you so much for staying with us! It was lovely to have you with us we really enjoyed your company. Keep going with your traveling adventures, we hope to see you again in the future as you will always be welcome at Astor Quest :-)

The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful, but it didn't change the gross bathrooms and uncleanliness. Wasn't in the best location but definitely not a bad location whatsoever. People aren't really social there and it's more of a chill vibe, not what I wanted to see in London. The breakfast was pitiful however, minus the fact that they had peanut butter. I would probably choose Astor again, just a different hostel location!

• 7th Feb 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Sorry to hear that the room was not a 100% clean. Housekeeping takes place every day of the week, twice a day. We constantly work on upgrading our facilities and we organize events to improve our atmosphere. We hope to see you again in one of your next trips. Safe travels!

I've spent 6 days in London and I can say that my stay at Astor Quest was pretty cool. The staff is really nice, the breakfast is good and I wanna go back soon!

Come back soon!!!!! Thank you for choosing us, we indeed had a great time having you stay here with us. See you when you next visit London :-)

A very friendly place, where you can gather and meet lots of young people (average 19-26). The only con is that the bedroom and batieron was too small. We had almost no space to put our baggage. (stayed in a 6 person bedroom)

The location is good. The female staff is good (the guy that serve the breakfast, which is really bad, was in a bad mood always). You can't be at the living room because it's full of the people that live there, and almost all the things in the hostel are fir them. Also the wifi isn't good.

Nice place , close to all the transport, close to Hyde Park and downtown. Nice staff, room clean and big enough (4 beds). We were at the 6th floor ,so pretty hard to climb but quiet. Will stay again there if i come back. I think one of the best value in London

Thank you very much for your good words! Although we do not have a lift as the building is considered cultural heritage, we will be more than happy to give you a hand with your bags next time you come and visit. Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Although we checked in late, the rooms were still being cleaned and beds still being changed when we arrived in the room. This was disappointing as all we wanted to do was crash!

The only complaint I would have is that it was extremely hot in the room, even when the radiator was switched off & the window was open.

• 31st Jan 2014

Stayed here twice and will continue staying here whenever I'm in London. Reason ? Good Location, Great & Helpful Staff, Awesome Atmosphere. Keep it up Astor Quest !

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are always very happy to see you and we are very glad to hear that we are your number one choice! You are always welcome when in London enjoy the rest of your trip and see you soon!

Keep it up Astor Quest! Always been my choice whenever I am in London. Friendly Staff, Good Location and Awesome Environment. Highly Re commanded.

It was a nice hostel overall. Close to the centre, good conditions, nice people. The staff was terrific, always available to help us with a big smile. The breakfast was delicious but we think it could be nice if there was some fruit :) The dorms were warm and clean. Because of the construction of the building there was 1toillet and 1shower for at least 2dorms, so it can be a little annoying to wait for your turn to shower,luckly you'll may have quick people taking a shower :) Kisses to everyone*

Greetings and many thanks from the Astor team and friends! We are keeping it up with improvements in the building as well as with our services to make sure you enjoy your stay. It was really nice to have you stay with us and we will be really glad to see you again soon! Safe travels :-) *

The room was good, our own bathroom was perfect for us and if we got late to breakfast there was still food there. We had plenty of variety to choose from and the staff was always smiling and willing to help us. The hostel also had some events if the guests wanted to know themselves, like pizza night

Thank you very much you stayed with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves, it is our number one priority to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable in our hostel. Come and visit us again next time you come in London we will be very happy to have you in one of our events, how about a Mexican night next time? Enjoy!

I think they could improve the breakfast

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear you were not a 100% satisfied from our breakfast. We offer a wide variety of spreads, cereal, biscuits and bread, juice coffee tea and hot chocolate. We are constantly working on our services so we hope you enjoy the improvements we made next time you are in London. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

The bathroom was a little untidy

• 14th Jan 2014

I extended my stay at the hostel. The staff here is amazing and do many different things for the guests to become friends. Very good place to stay!!

• 12th Jan 2014

I absolutely LOVED staying there!!! The staff are super chill and fun to hang out with! It's even more fun to just stay in their common room and chill instead of going out sometimes! Every room has a both room which is very convenient and it's kept very clean. I would even recommend the eight-people room instead of the six-people one just because the eight-people room is bigger, at least coming from my experience. The staff are the best of the best.

(2019 results)