Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The Astor crew are like a second family, especially Ian and Ben. Love you guys, I'd never stay anywhere else in London.

This was by far my best hostel experience EVER and I really didn't want to leave. I left the hostel feeling like I made friends there and now I miss them. I will always remember this trip and it is because I stayed at this hostel. Thank you guys for an amazing first trip to London, and making traveling solo much easier for me! Its because of you guys that I want to go back to London and visit!!!

Location was fantastic - very close to the Queensway stop on the Central line. Right by Kensington Gardens and on a brightly lit street with other hotels/inns/etc. Staff was extremely helpful. It would be nice if there were more shelves in various places: by the bed, in the bathroom, etc. Warning to travelers with a lot of luggage - NO LIFTS, but I think this is common in London due to the older buildings? Not sure since this is the only hostel I stayed at in the city.

Thank you very much for your lovely comment, we appreciate your feedback and we will definitely consider putting more shelves to upgrade our facilities. Our building, like most buildings in London, is culture heritage so we only have the stairs but of course we will give you a hand with your luggage any time. Hope to see you again next time you are in London! Safe travels, Astor Queensway team.

Toilet and showers were dirty and flooded. Good breakfast. Helpful staff. However, cheaper hostels closer to tube are cheaper and offer the exact same.

Enjoyed staying here. Nice hostel, It is pretty close from both Bayswater and Queensway underground stop, and staffs are always there to help. Good thing that they have big lockers underneath the bunk bed.

I had a fantastic stay here that I extended my stay for even longer than I planned! The staff were excellent and the hostel was cozy and nice! It's at a fairly good location for some things but a bit of a hike to certain places like Big Ben. Also the showers weren't the best but I still can't complain! I will stay here again upon my next trip to London no doubt!

So much fun here.

It is a hostel very confortable, the staff is very nice, and the location is simply great!

Great hostel near Hyde Park, easy to get to anywhere, really friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, and I saw they can help with free tours and what to do around London. Only slight thing was the toilet was blocked for a couple of days but just had to find another one so it was fine! Thanks for our stay :)

I would recommend it to anyone. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was a bit far away, but there is a bike hiring station a few meters from there. I had a great experience there.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Argentina

staff is very kind and breakfest and everything is good but one thing, my room in 6th floor but don't have elevator so hard to go up! except this everything is good! thanks :)

Astor Queensway is up there with one of the best if not the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff are super friendly and helpful, especially old mate :) and the atmosphere is awesome! The rooms are clean and comfortable and the facilities are exceptional. And their complimentary breakfast tops it off! I felt very safe there and didn't want to leave when the time came. Highly recommend staying at this sweet joint.

• 21st Jan 2015

I was in London twice and stayed here both times. The hostel is wonderful, this was my first hostel experience so I was quite nervous but the staff were great and there were plenty of secure places for luggage. The people in the hostel were all young which made it easy to meet people, and this was also facilitated by the open spaces to hang out.

• 20th Jan 2015

The staff at Astor Queensway are absolutely wonderful. They always go out of their way to do extra things for you and the activities they organise are fun and inclusive. I had a wonderful time :)

The stairs are hard but the staff and even many of the guest are willing to help get bags up the enormous amount of stairs there are. I loved this hostel and will use it again if I ever need a hostel in London. Met fun new friends and the staff knew great places to get coffee and eat good food. As well as how to get to the tourist places.

• 18th Jan 2015

My friend and I had a very good stay at Astor Queensway. The staff was so helpful and friendly and everything was always tidy. Thank you :)

• 16th Jan 2015

Why Hostelword.it reccomands it?!?!?!?! I stayed in others hostels in London and it is the worst i saw... I chose it for your advice and i was wrong maybe.

Great Hostel!! really well located a minutes walk from Hyde Park and very close to 2 different tube station which makes it eay to get anywhere in the city. 2 streets over there is a good strip of shops with cheap restaurants and supermarkets. The staff here are exceptional (and the guests too), the addition of a common room and kitchen give the hostel a really good vibe and makes it super easy to meet people and make friends. Ill for sure stay here again when im back in London (very soon i hope)

• 13th Jan 2015

Great time, would book it anytime again!

• 10th Jan 2015

Thank you so much for the appreciation! You will always be welcome at Astor Queensway, the crew will be very happy to see you. All the best, team at Astor Queensway.

Excellent Hostel. The staff here are so nice and friendly. It's in a great location, so close to Central London.

• 8th Jan 2015