Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Astor Hostel was in a great location, two underground stops really close by. We had a 4 bed dorm which was pretty tight on space, but comfortable. Bathroom was clean but only one shower and toilet on our floor which was between at least 16 people. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Just be aware that they don't have a lift and the hostel has 6 floors!

• 2nd May 2014

The staff was there 24/7 and they were extremely helpful. It was also very safe and even though it wasn't located near the center of downtown, it was close to a metro and pretty accessible. The only negative comment I have is that the bathrooms were a little musty because of poor ventilation. And there were lots of stairs. Even though, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! Great, great staff.

Awesome location, right next to the park and 5 minutes away from the central and the district and circle lines. Great welcoming atmosphere. Everything a hostel should be. Manager Alex deserves a beer or six for running such a tight ship in such a chilled out way. See you next time I happen to be in London!

Great hostel with amazing staff. The best place to stay in London.

Thank you so much for your great feedback! Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to London! Safe travels :-)))

Great value, great location. Lots of sleepy students on our room. Clean toilets, friendly staff.

The stuff is great! Me and my friends enjoyed every minute and had a blast! We got help whenever we needed and had no trouble at all.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Nice choice for a trip to London. Location and staff are marvellous!! Breakfast was also good. Definitely I'd be back.

The hostel is very welcoming and friendly, the receptionists are simply awesome- will help you with every request and question. You feel surrounded by family. Highly recommended!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Israel

As a person with lots if experience from hostels in England I was happily surprised when I arrived at Astor. The rooms were clean and the staff amazingly helpful. It's quite cheep compared to the rest of the hostels in the neighborhood as well.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

loved Astor Queensway, very rockn'roll atmosphere, staff is so friendly and smiling makes you feel like very welcome. Quite happy with the room I slept like a baby breakfast is quite good, you've got several choices to at least fill up in the morning before smashing your day out And I liked the availability of the staff very much

Best hostel I've been to so far. Friendly staff, clean rooms and facilities, good breakfast. My friend and I loved this place! I have to thank to the staff for being friendly and cool, chat with you was my daily treat :)

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

Didn't seem to be too many bathrooms, and the one near my room was tiny and didn't have any hooks to hang stuff up with. It would be nice if there were more outlets in the rooms.

The staff and residents were amazingly friendly and extremely helpful. My first night there was on Easter and they had a little gathering in the kitchen that everyone was invited to. It seemed like every night of the week there was something social going on that you could partake in - a great way to meet new people. The location was prime - right around the corner from bus stops and the Queensway tube station. Or if you're up for it you can cut through Hyde Park and walk pretty much anywhere.

• 20th Apr 2014

Astor Queensway hostel is great place to stay. Location is perfect and staff is friendly. What else do you need when you travel? :)

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Latvia

This was my second stay with them and I couldn't have been more satisfied. The hostel is in a great position, just outside Hyde Park and a couple of minutes by foot from Queensway and Bayswater tube stations, in a very quiet area. There are many extras for free (towels, hairdryers, padlock) and the staff is simply lovely and very helpful and they clean everything every day. It is a very easygoing hostel and a great place for people who don't want to spend a lot and still have quality.

Great stay at astor quest. Really nice atmosphere. Would recommend the twin room if you wanted a bit more privacy, although beware it is on the 6th floor with no lift.

• 16th Apr 2014

thank you very much for your positive feedback, glad to hear that you liked us! Our building is culture heritage so for the moment we are stuck with the traditional way of climbing up the stairs hehe! We will definitely give you a hand with your luggage to make it easier next time, take care and have safe travels!

THANKS!!!!! I had soooooooooo good time with you!! Gonna miss me....

Thank YOU very much for staying with us and for being such an amazing guest!!!! We're gonna miss you, stay in touch X

the best thing to stay here is the friendliness of the staff at the hostel

Nice staff, good location and the ensuite room was really clean!

• 15th Apr 2014

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!!!! We hope to see you again next time you are in London, take care :-)

They had a fantastic breakfast. Cool lounge room that always had people on it, big kitchen to hang out in. Great location! Staff that worked/ lived there were the main people who were around. Maybe slightly cliquey but it's there home! So I get that. Overall good stay!

(2087 results)