Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

I love this place. In the time I've spent here, my jolies have never felt so warm and tingly. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to involve you in the events which are run daily. The kitchen is spacious compared to hostels I have visited, and everything is nice and clean. Plus the lounge has an xbox! Totes recommend peeps!

• 27th Dec 2014

Great hostel, the staff were friendly and very helpful but unfortunately it was a bit pricer than usual because of the holiday period. But nevertheless I will definitely stay there again. Rooms we're clean and spacious. Wifi works fantastically throughout the hostel and the people there are amazing...

First hostel of our trip and it set the standard very high. Good kitchen facilities and very friendly and helpful staff. Location was great, just a quick bus/tube to Oxford street (could walk) or other tourist areas. We stayed in winter and it was very warm when u came in from the freezing outside. Only minor complaint was that the shower was lukewarm.

• 27th Dec 2014

The premises are quite old and the bathroom in my room was smelly. There are better options to stay in London at the same average price.

Friendly customer service. Very secure. Great heating for the winter (saw some fans on the side for summer, too)! Great location. Best hostel I've been to, really :)

Location was good, nearby the tube stations, and the staff were really friendly and helpful. You can either rent a small locker by the front desk or just lock a metal drawer thing under your bed in your room. There was a bathroom in our dorm but used the ones in the hallways as they were nicer, and having 6 people in our room it was quicker too. They have a little computer room you can use and good wifi, and simple breakfast. Bunk beds are a bit creaky. Great stay!

We loved this hostel, the staff was so lovely and helpful, the location is great, there are a lot of restaurants and stores near, willining recommend

Great hostel, very friendly staff that tries to make all the guests feel welcome. I had the pleasure of being there over christmas and the hostel hosted a wonderful christmas dinner.

If you are looking for a home away from home, astor queensway delivers that and more. The staff are extremely helpful and nice. The location is fantastic with hyde park and sights just in walking distance. I was only going to stay for 2 nights but ended up extending my stay for the whole week. Highly recommend for the weary traveller as you are made to feel welcome straight away in their cosy astor family. :)

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Singapore

We spent Christmas here and they had a Christmas dinner for us and really worked hard day and night to make everyone feel at home! Everyday there is breakfast and donations go to charity. Really close to the tube and lots of good food places. Also in a quiet and safe area. Wi-Fi worked well in the room. Would stay here again!

Absolutely recommending! Staffs are extremely helpful and really care about the guest, and the location is really great, very near to the Oxford street and Hyde park, and only a few station away from the scenic spots. The atmosphere is great, you can easily make friends with people here. The common room is comfortable while not crowded.

In overall the hostel is ok. The staff is really friendly and helpful. But it is somewhat run down. The beds are clean, but the batrhooms and the floors should really be renovated.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Austria

Extra nice customer service; the guests are also friendly! Awesome kitchen and lounge area. Very close to train station and grocery store. Definitely recommend!

Friendly, helpful staff, good location in a nice area. Rooms are tiny, but good value for the cost. Aren't many bathrooms. Breakfast is decent!

My stay was excellent!! The staff was super nice and the place was super clean! Big shout out to Vanessa, Ben, and Ian! You guys are awesome!

• 20th Dec 2014

In gerenal the facilities are good, as well as the staff. The only foible is that there is no lift, so that those guests staying in the upper floors have challenging task in going to their room!

Fantastic staff. Very clean hostel. Great location.

This is a perfect hostel I had ever been.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • China

Hostel feels safe with door codes for an inner and outer door, and there is 24-hour reception, as well as key cards to the rooms themselves. The location is decently close to Paddington Station (which was nice in my case because I needed to get there to go to the airport). The staff is very nice and friendly. The building is generally clean, though some of the bathrooms have somewhat awkward layouts. Overall, I had a very good experience.

No Lift For Baggage and very steep stairs..!!