Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Friendly and helpful staff, lovely location

Great experience, friendly helpful knowledgeable staff. Great kitchen if you like to cook. Close to 2 major underground stations and security was fantastic. Staff went above and beyond for the guests. This is one of the best hostels I've been in. There are also social activities like poker, beer pong and movies. Great for solo traveller or a group. The hostel was clean which is awesome!

I loved this hostel! The location was great and the facilities were clean. The staff was amazing! They were super helpful and friendly. I highly recommend.

very nice hostel probably the cleanest hostel I have been in , most of the staff were friendly and accommodating and were very knowledgeable about the trains and how to get around. Kitchen and communal area were well equipped and the bathrooms were cleaned several times a day only thing that could be improved is having a plug in the bathroom and more plugs around the room as with my bed it was very far away from a plug. Thanks for the good stay Ill be back in november

I loved my stay here! The staff really tries to help you where-ever they can, and try to have fun activities planned for nights you don't want or can't go out. During my stay we had an awesome scary movie night with popcorn. Everything was very clean, and I felt right at home! I will definitely come again, can only recommend!

• 16th Aug 2014

Loved it. The staff are all legends. Really friendly and helpful and relaxed. They organise stuff to do each day (totally voluntary, of course) and this contributes to a great communal vibe at the place. Great location a stones throw away from Kensington gardens and two tube stations. Highly recommended.

A shout out to the friendliest hostel staff in London (also to Pete, what a cool dude). Short walk to the tube, nice (free) breakfast, computer for public use, free towels, movie nights, etc. Definitely recommend it. :)

• 15th Aug 2014

Location was good. Short walk to the underground. Staff were friendly and willing to help. Free breakfast. Rooms were clean and spacious. Would recommend!

Location is good, close to Queensway and Bayswater tube stations. However, the place is not so clean, congested, and there's no lift ! Advise not to go for 6-pax share and more.

I ended up checking out early. After traveling all summer, this was my least favourite hostel. I realize it's London, but the other 2 places I stayed here were far more comfortable (see my reviews). The room was VERY cramped, which very little room to move about. Think of a very small hotel room, then crammed with three bunk beds (6 total). This contributed to the heat problem. Also, there were fewer electrical plugs than there were people, and the internet never worked properly.

Very good, enjoyed my stay, Pete's a top bloke.

It's a friendly place, good location, nice staff, free locker in bedroom and the best of all, toilet and shower in the room. The location is just aside by Hyde Park which means you can easily assess natural life, biking or having a picnic. 15 mins walk to Natural History Museum, V&A, Science Museum.

• 5th Aug 2014

The main concern is the stairs. There are no lift in a 5-6 floors building which means that customers would need to walk along. It is quite tired and demanding.

It is a 6 floor building without elevator. We stayed in a 8 persons ensuite room, that was very small even for 4 guests. Further, it is a hot and suffocating room, with a small fan that was just usefull to spread the dust over the room. The bathroom is very small, airless and with very fragile locks. Besides that, the staff was very pleasant, also there is a very good breakfast and facilities. I am really not sure if I recomend this hostel.

We absolutely loved our stay at Astor, we met the best people and had a wonderful time, it's got a great atmosphere and even the staff are fantastic to talk to and hang out with. It's the only hostel to stay in when in London. Everything was clean, they offered everything you could need (and everything we forgot to bring), they have different activities every day/night, the staff were so helpful and warm and it was easy to get around as the place is so central. Would definitely come back here!

• 2nd Aug 2014

I really liked Astor Queensway, would stay again if I visit London again in near future. Things I loved - The staff are awesome and really really helpful.. esp big thanks to Brit :) Breakfast is good. The rooms are clean. Luggage room and individual locker is provided which is cool and is very secure. Things i didn't like much- WIFI was not working in the room sharing bathroom/shower with 2 other rooms means you either need to be up early or long wait ! Cheers -Suchi.

• India

Very nice chill atmosphere with the living room area, and great location. Liked the Breakfast too.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Depending on what's important to you will determine whether you like this hostel. It's a hertiage building so modcons like ,elevators, aircon etc are not an option which was a bit rough on the top floor. Bathrooms are older but they all do their best to keep it clean and a friendly environment. The location is hard to beat.

Either your coming for a night , a week , a month or a year , Astor QueensWay is the place to be. Staff are beyond amazing , since I doubt they're staff , apparently they're just your friends helping you around , and they'll make sure no matter how long you're staying that you won't miss the fun because of they're daily fun events , and this doesn't mean you won't be able to sleep at night because of the noise because they'll make sure everyone gets a good sleep.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Egypt

Everything was great EXCEPT the heat. I was on the 6th floor, and it was uncomfortably hot at all times of the day and night even with the fan in the room. Maybe adding an additional fan in those rooms would help.

• 1st Aug 2014