Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The location is excellent - a 2-3 minute walk to a tube station, and about 5-10 minutes to Paddington, London's main train station. If you're planning to take many day trips around England, this is the hostel to stay at. There's also lots of restaurants nearby, and good access to downtown London and nightlife. Staff was very friendly, especially Alyssa, who was nice enough to chat with this lone traveler! Facilities are clean, and it's convenient that sheets/pillows are already on the bed.

Decent hostel. My one complaint would be for the shower curtain. When it makes the entire bathroom smell molded it's time for a new one. Other than that, it was in a couple minutes walking distance from the bus/metro. Last, the staff was super helpful.

My friends and I spent 3 days in this hostel, and we are highly satisfied. The staff and people around are really friendly, rooms (including toilets and shower) are clean, and the general atmosphere is pleasant. Besides, the location is nice (supermarkets, take aways and tube stations are handy), and for an additional pound you have breakfast!

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Location very handy, staff exceedingly helpful and genuinely nice! Beds and other facilities quite standard, everything seems clean though, and all in all, the place has a welcoming and social atmosphere - not just for people crashing the night. All those narrow corridors and staircases are an authentically British experience for the visitor ;)

Clean hostel, friendly staff and well located.

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Place had the best atmosphere but the rooms were really cramped and there was barely any place to put your bags and walk around.

My first time to London and this hostel is great and value for money. Just few minutes walk to tube. It's clean and neat although a little bit crowded. Staffs in the hostel are really helpful. It was a pleasant experience at this hostel.

I loved my stay very much! Everyone was so friendly and i didn't regret a moment that I came alone. The toilet did make a lot of noise and sadly there were street works happenings which woke me a few days. But go earplugs! :D The sockets in the room tend to go "off" when you touched them because it was hanging a bit loosely on the wall. Oh, and the cages under the bed did make a lot of noise when you would open them at night. But in the end everything was very nice and very enjoyable :D

This hostel was great. It was the first one that my friend and I had stayed in and we couldn't have asked for a better first hostel. Everyone is very friendly from the staff to the people staying there. They have a common room where it's easy to meet people. The breakfast was pretty good, the beds were comfortable, and the hostel is in a great location.

Hostel provides you with the opportunity to meet lots of great people through a great atmosphere and their nightly activities. Breakfast is cheap which is great considering how $$ London can be plus all the proceeds go to charity.

My first hostel experience! The staff are fantastic and organize things to do every night!

Overall I thought the hostel was very secure and well kept. The atmosphere was laid back and I enjoyed that. This was not a party hostel and that was what I was looking for. Staff was helpful and provided some recommendations that panned out well. Hostel was close to the central underground line so it was easy to get to any place in London via underground service.

The staff were great! The events every night are a good idea and a good way to meet new people. Some of the facilities should be renovated though.

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Israel

The brilliant staff really make this place with the social atmosphere they create. Stayed for 7 nights and there was something being organised every night. As I was travelling by myself it was a great way to make some friends.

• 10th Sep 2015

Great staff, very nice people in this hostel... Close to the central line. I just put "Average" for Facilities, because the toilet of my room was out of order (and it seem's easy to fix) I will probably chose this one, if I come back to London

Amazing hostel! The staff is so kind and everyone from the cleaners to the staff in the reception will help you with anything, going far beyond their duties! It really feels more like you're staying at a friends place than a hostel. They have events almost every night, anything from horror movie nights to pub crawls and many of the events are free or very cheap, so it's an especially good hostel if you're traveling alone since you get lots of chances of meeting others.

I love this hostel, the personnel is so friendly, realy good atmosphere !

• 8th Sep 2015

The ensuite room was pretty standard. Just one electrical outlet in the corner of the room. The non-ensuite room had a shower directly leading into the room. So just a plastic curtain separating you from everyone else. You could alternatively go down 2 flights of stairs and hope a common shower is open, but there didn't seem to be many of those. The staff were all super nice.

Second time in Astor, a reliable, clean chain hostel with great location (few mins to both bus n tube),the downside were the tiny room n the uncomfortable bunk bed. Basic breakfast charged 1 pound donation which was kind of reasonable. A ood choice for budget stay in conclusion.

• 6th Sep 2015
  • China

As my first experience in a hostel, I was very satisfied with most aspects. However, I expected the Wi-Fi quality to be a little bit better. Most times the connection was slow or didn't even complete.