Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Great hotel! It is situated right next to Hyde park and is walking distance from Portobello road (the market) and oxford street. There are lots of long term residents here so it feels like a big family. The staff are great! They were all really helpful in helping find the places I wanted to go and telling me the best ways to get there. Another good thing was the breakfast - biscuits in the morning is just the best! There is just 1 problem: I didn't manage to access internet at all.

Wifi needs to get fixed

The Wifi is up and running! Sorry it was down during your stay it was the transition period into our new Wifi which is the best and fastest in town! Thanks for staying with us in beautiful London!

Extremely friendly staff and rather clean room and toilets; bed was a little hard though. My 8-bed room only had 2 of us, which was both good and bad. Couldn't connect to wifi for the whole of my first day there, booked for 3 nights but left after one since I needed the wifi for some work at night. Hostel seemed like it had a lot of long-term residents, which felt a little exclusive. Would return if they fixed the wifi though

Thanks for staying with us! We apologize for the internet being rubbish during your stay, we have upgraded to the fastest WiFi you can get in London so you will be flying online on your next visit! Love from London!

The shower was a little dirty. They said they would have wifi, but it didnt work. We we were in London for school so we needed it.

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Belgium

Thank you for your feedback! Sorry our WiFi was down during your stay, we have upgraded to Ultrafast Fibre Optic so we will meet all your online needs for your next visit!

I thought it was great. The people there were very warm and open and I like that a lot.

The rooms were comfortable and clean, although ventilation in the bathroom was almost non-existent. Security regarding the location of the key for the baggage storage being located outside reception was a concern with access available to anyone in the hostel. A major issue was the fools in the tv room who thought it acceptable to have the volume flat out at midnight, with the staff obviously thinking this was okay, even though other noise making activities such as the laundry had a curfew.

• 29th Nov 2013

Tiny rooms, friendly service, ok wifi.

Super friendly staff and great location right near two tube stations on different lines which was such a big advantage. Breakfast each day was great but rooms were a little small and bathrooms could probably do with an update. Would recommend based on location and staff although not many group hostel activities when I was there!!

Nice stay at astor quest. Few minutes away from queensway station. The staff was so helpful, the bathrooms were clean and the hostel was located in a nice area. Definetaly would come back.

• 28th Nov 2013

There are many people that are permanent guests in the hostel. This increased my experience as they were friendly and wanting to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. The free breakfast was great and the common space was comfortable. The wifi was not always that strong in peak times, but it always worked. The location was good too, near tube stations in zone 1 and close to hyde park. I would stay here again.

The reception staff is helpful in recommending places to visit.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Singapore

Staff were absolutely lovely. Felt really at home. Would recommend!

• 8th Nov 2013

It was a pleasure having you :) come back any time you like!!!

Large number of permanent residents that all know each other living there, which makes for a particularly relaxed and friendly vibe in the common area at almost all times of the day or night which I quite liked...

We pride ourselves on the positive vibe of the guests and staff :) we're glad you enjoyed yourself ;)

The staff here really go above and beyond -- i had troubles with my padlock, they lent me a new one. I forgot my laptop charger -- they asked around and found a charger I could borrow. They printed out my boarding passes and just generally were always ready to help! Breakfast is solid and there's a full kitchen that's available for use! definitely coming back here.

We're so pleased to read this! We had such a great time having you and we're glad to hear you felt taken care of!! Do make sure you say hello next time you're in the city :)

I had a very nice stay!

it was great having you!

I had a wonderful stay at this Hostel. The staff was very welcoming and pleasant. They throw a great halloween party!

• 31st Oct 2013

Very nice hostel. The kitchen in great, the breakfast is decent. They need to work on the wifi signal.

Had a great stay, wish they had more nights available at that time... Very friendly and helpful staff, the manager and receptionists vere super friendly! I will definitely come back for that quality/price value!

As far as hostels in London Zone 1 go, it wasn't bad. Staff were friendly. 4-bed dorm was tiny and crowded; the place seemed a bit more cramped than the Astor Victoria. Wifi was hit-and-miss. Still, I would consider staying there again.

Astor Quest was by far one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Great facilities and a wonderful staff. It will be the hostel I go to whenever I return to London.

(2032 results)