Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Astor Quest made my time in London one of the most memorable of my trip. I stayed for 1 night in August, which lead me to live there for another 6 weeks through November/December. A hostel with heaps of character; not one of those really modernized places sleeping 500+ people in a sterile environment. Quest has such a great atmosphere - you can hardly tell the staff from the guests! Made a heap of great friends and was so sad to leave my home away from home. BEST HOSTEL IN LONDON. Hands down.

wi-fi connection pretty unpredictable, but apart from that it was a nice experience

Great hostel, I'm really glad I chose to live here. The location is pretty good, especially if you like parks because Hyde Park is beauuuutiful. Its not too hard to get closer to central, but its not the best place for pubs and bars.

• 8th Aug 2013

Great time there ! I was with my cousin and it was her first time in a hostel. I'm more used to staying in hostels and this one was one of the cleanest and safest places I've been to. The staff was great and helped us a lot. Credit cards accepted, which is not everywhere. Only downside : there are only a few toilets and bathrooms compared to the number of rooms, and not on every story. But i definitely had a really good time though I only stayed for 4 nights.

The location is amazing. And I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. So friendly and welcoming! I think that's what makes it feel homely as soon as you check in. And thats also the reason why i then extended my stay here. Thanks a bunch for an awesome stay :)

• 4th Aug 2013

Top Hostel for good value Top Location -Hyde Park -2xTube Station "Queensway" and "Bayswater" within 2-4 min. walk -Notting Hill (visit Portobello Road!!!) -Restaurants -Supermarkets -Pubs Super friendly and helpful staff On hostel standards a very nice breakfast Cleanliness only on average

• 3rd Aug 2013

Third time I've stayed at this hostel. The staff are wonderful. Always happy for a chat and to help anyway they can. Dorms and facilities are clean. Maybe just need a bit more airflow to the room as it can get quite warm. Located just around the corner from Hyde Park and close to shops and public transport. Thanks for another great stay guys!

The hostel was having a bad day I think so hopefully this doesn't happen all the time but when I got there the internet was down, the key card maker was broken (so I had to be let into my room each time I needed to go in), and the AC was broken on what just happened to be the hottest day in London... ever. Again, it seemed like it was just a fluke and everyone was really nice about it but it made for an uncomfortable stay.

Very sweet staff, always ready to help! (24/7) The bathrooms are acceptably clean, but could definitely use some more ventilation - it's like standing in the tube tunnel in deep, hot sultry summer

• 31st Jul 2013

Going to London again, I would happily return to Astor Quest

• 31st Jul 2013

Pretty good for London standards, which means still not as good as some of the hostels I've stayed in so far around the world. Great location, very social hostel so very easy to meet other travels which is awesome when you are travelling solo like I was. Rooms are tiny, couldn't open the window properly so was quite hot in the room at night. Bathrooms tiny, kitchen good, staff is nice. Lots of people staying long term. Probably would stay again. Only issue no lift - no fun when on 6th floor.

Stayed in a 4 bed mixed for 6 nights. Room was big enough, even had a sink, a fan and plenty of outlets for charging stuff. bathrooms were okay and clean but there are only 2 showers on the first 3 floors so sometimes you had to wait a bit if you got up to late. the loo on the ground floor blocked up a couple of times but was fixed very quickly every time. free breakfast was good and you could use the kitchen to cook if you wanted to. staff was really helpful and friendly at anytime. great stay.

The communal bathroom was really not very clean at all- the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months and the shower curtains were not wide enough, causing water to spill onto the floor. Also the carpet in the shared room looked like it needed a good Hoover. The room was also incredibly hot and stuffy, and there was no air con.

Old building, unfriendly staff

So friendly and comfortable! Great place!

• 28th Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

The hostel is located at a residential, peaceful and quiet. The staffs are friendly and helpful. totally enjoyed the stay here. Free breakfast and well equipped kitchen make our stay really pleasant. Great hospitality !

Very good hostel! Staff is friendly and willing to help. Breakfast is very good, the rooms are clean and the location excelent. I recomend this hostel. I was lucky to be with very respectful and organized room mates every night.. and i was there for 5 5 nights.. in 4 different room. The wifi was ok. Bus for me it was GOOD only in the kitchen, corredor and in the 4th floor room. All teh rest, the singal wasn't good. But it was completely OKAY... I wasnt there to be online all teh time ;)

• 27th Jul 2013

Very small, hoooot and dirty rooms, just a few showers. But nice staff and very well located.

Kind stuff, nice breakfast, free Wifi, under-bed security lockers... Everything was fine but the tiny rooms and bathrooms..

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Taiwan

Our week at the Astor Quest was fantastic! The staff was super friendly and helpful. We were most impressed by the huge kitchen, which is great for bugdet travellers to cook their dinner every now and then. The TV-Room/Hangout-Area was perfect as well, comfy couch and sockets to charge your phone while having a nice chat with the other people around. The rooms (at least ours) were a bit small alright, but with the underbed lockers it was enough space to move. I'd definitely stay there again :)

• 24th Jul 2013