Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

It's the staff at Astor that make your visit memorable, as the facilities aren't much special. The location is great, just off the Central line down a lane of hotels away from the main drag. Kitchen is well-equipped and each morning there's free bread and hot drinks. Game nights, pub nights, bowling, movie nights in the lounge, are all made even better by the great staff who are willing to do anything to help you out.

it was an awesome stay. friendly staff, lots of activities to do. met a lot of great people there. would definitely stay again.

• 13th Mar 2015

Simply the best. Located right by Hyde Park, quiet but not far from the city center, so convenient for walks or bike rides. Security was always excellent - 24 hour reception, under the bed lockers. Bathroom was way more clean than expected. The atmosphere was always so friendly and the staff are just brilliant - wonderful, welcoming, and so much fun! You really can't go wrong in choosing one of the Astors in London!

• China

Staff there couldn't be nicer. Fantastic experience. I felt like at home.

• Spain

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! We are super happy that you felt the Astor family, home vibe! Good luck in the rest of your travels! Team Queensway

Great staff!! Great location!! Daily hostel activities!!

I've stayed in many hostels, but this definately hits the top 3 of them. I had a great time in London, and this hostel played an important part in it. The staff is absolutely awesome, they will go the extra mile for you for sure. like carrying your suitcase up if needed (there is no elevator) or giving advice about places to go, but also organizing great activities for the travellers. Hygiene good, location perfect, felt secure. Only negative: beds are a bit small. I'll go back there!

• 12th Mar 2015

The staff here are really awesome and super helpful -- I love that the hostel goes above and beyond to take away all of the inconveniences of traveling. For example, they have a leave/take bucket of toiletries. I would say that they need to upgrade their beds and maybe renovate a tad bit but otherwise great hostel.

I really loved this hostel. Very nice, close to the underground and well located. Pretty nice atmosphere, nice matresses , and they make efforts to keep the hostel well maintained! I surely recommend this hostel since its closed to many restaurants! The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are a lot of activities you can find to enjoy yourself and meet people!

Thank you so much for the appreciation! You will always be welcome at Astor Queensway, the crew will be very happy to see you. All the best, team at Astor Queensway.

The rooms were pretty small which made it hard if you had a big bag. Otherwise good. The pillows were too thin, it felt like I didn't have one at all..

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for your query. I appreciate you did all you could to satisfy the guest, unfortunately as the guest did stay we would not be able to remove the review but would encourage you to reply to this review so that guests making future bookings can see that the situations like this are well looked after and under control. Kind regards

Travelers and staff are great, hostel itself was great and so very clean, and a wonderful atmosphere. Astor Queensway went above and beyond my expectations. Felt like home, thank you all for a great stay. I'll look forward to the next visit.

Thank you very much for your lovely comments! We are really glad you had a great stay, we love to hear that our guests feel at home! We are looking forward to seeing you again, safe travels!! Best, Team @ Astor Queensway

Ideal hostel for single travelers - easy to make friends. The place was well maintained and just a few minutes walk from major subway lines. The walk into the center area (e.g. Picadilly Circus) is about 40 minutes, and maybe 15 by metro. I recommend staying in a room with an ensuite bathroom, otherwise you might have to go to a different floor to use the toilet in the middle of the night. Really had a wonderful weekend here!

Hi there! Thank you very much for the lovely comments, we are glad that you had a good time here and loved the location! Safe travels for the rest of your trip! Here from the Astor Queensway Team.

I can't thank the staff enough. This place is fantastic.

The place was very accessible and very nice. It was like a dorm. Padlocks were available for a deposit which we got back at the end which was very nice. Breakfast also was only 50 pence which was also toward a charity which was also a plus. There was only 1 restroom and shower shared among the floor but that was completely fine. Overall I greatly recommend this hostel!

Even though in cold March the air in our room got quite stuffy and the beds were only 1.9 metres long. But the friendly and helpful staff, the breaktfast & kitchen and the location definitely made up for that!

• 6th Mar 2015

Perfect for a cheap weekend in london, Great location, friendly staff and great atmosphere ! Will more than likely go back there the next time I'm going to London !

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Very clean and friendly service Free lock for lockers for valuables

Thanks for your nice comments and we are glad that it was all in good standards for you!

Good rooms, great staff, chill atmosphere. Well worth staying at again

Thank you very much for your great review. we appreciate that you enjoyed all aspects of us. We hope you stay with us again! Team AQ

I would just add little lights next to beds

Thank you for your feedback, we will definitely take that into consideration!

Staff make this place. Excellent bunch of people who welcome you into their family.

• 1st Mar 2015

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy you felt as a member of our very large Astor family! We hope to see you again! Team Queensway.