Astor Queensway Reviews

45 Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Our week at the Astor Quest was fantastic! The staff was super friendly and helpful. We were most impressed by the huge kitchen, which is great for bugdet travellers to cook their dinner every now and then. The TV-Room/Hangout-Area was perfect as well, comfy couch and sockets to charge your phone while having a nice chat with the other people around. The rooms (at least ours) were a bit small alright, but with the underbed lockers it was enough space to move. I'd definitely stay there again :)

• 24th Jul 2013

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. The free bread, coffee and tea are a nice touch. Breakfast included peanut butter and vegemite. Staff were friendly and helpful, and some participated in the late night festivities. Easy to meet people in the common rooms, breakfast, and during organized evening events. Close to 2 tube lines. Room was a little too hot but London was in a midst of a heat wave during my stay. Tip: open the bathroom door when not in use or it will be a sauna inside.

The staff is friendly, they organized events, and they were very helpful. The rooms are clean, they come with lockers and the locks and towels and anything else you may need are available for free at the 24 hour desk. Had a wonderful time, and will stay here again on my next trip through London.

Some of the staff were friendly and helpful, whereas the others did not seem interested in providing information about things to do and see in London. Free breakfast was great.

Location is great, one profit, that room was badly ventilated!

Great staff who are friendly and helpful. Great location close to underground stations, oxford street and hyde park. Also an abundance of supermarkets, pubs, restaurants, coffee shops etc. While the hostel is basic it has everything you need, and it's clean. It's one of the smaller of the astor hostels but I found that this lent itself to meeting people a lot easier. The only bad thing is that the rooms are very hot in summer and some fans would be useful. Would definitely stay again.

Great value for money! Very close to two tube stations or you can even walk to the city center via Hyde park. Breakfast is basic but is always nice to have, and you can easily upgrade it by buying eggs/bacon/whatever at nearby supermarkets (open daily 7-23 pm). Kitchen is very well equipped and plenty of restaurants just two blocks away. Our 4-bed ensuite dorm was on the 6th floor without lift - was OK for us, but if you are unfit, drunk or have a large suitcase - I imagine might be painful.

Great location and really lovely staff. Not particularly nice comunial areas though and quite squashed and hot rooms. Location made up for everything for me but otherwise I wouldn't think it too great. Cool building that its in too :) the shower was left very dirty and damp for a few days, the floor only vacuumed in a small patch and old rubbish collecting under the bed. Also many flights of stairs to no go if you have problems there. Despite all this I really enjoyed my stay!

• 18th Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

The staff is amazing! Always willing to help on whatever you need! The room was a little bit small, and the window would open just a little bit, what turned the room very hot. Could have a lot more showers and restrooms for the number of guests. The location is very nice, next to 2 tube stations (at least), next to hyde park, notting hill and about a 30 min walk from oxford street. Next to supermarkets and restaurants for all budgets.

Jon was wonderful and helpful as well as the other ladies at the front! It was nice that they had free breakfast! My favorite thing is the location- it's excellent! It is right by lots of restaurants, grocery stores, two metro stations and the park! overall great place to stay!

Great friendly staff! Nice location - pretty central and close to the Underground. Free peanut butter and jelly at breakfast was great after not seeing peanut butter at many other places in Europe. Pub crawl offered through Camden Pub Crawl was pretty fun. Two complaints: very few showers and it gets pretty uncomfortable at night due to the heat (in early July). I'd recommend a few more fans!

Stayed in a 6-mixed bed ensuite and was very satisfied. I really enjoyed the friendly and helpful staff, as well as free appliances such as towels, lockers, plug adapters, etc... Free wifi on every floor was also a plus. The room and bathroom were clean. The only thing really bothering me (A LOT!) was the heat in our room. You were literally sweating just by sitting on the bed. It made it really hard to get a good night sleep.

• 14th Jul 2013
  • Slovenia

Everything was good, except the staff... they were perfect - very very friendly and helpful. Thanks!

First of all the staff is very nice. They were all very polite and always smiling. The room wasgood, clean and the rest of the hostel seemed fine to me as well. I can't really tell about the kitchen because I didn't use it, but as for the rest I felt comfortable. Good price, but I definitely loved the location. It was great having the opportunity to go for a walk in Hyde Park every morning and by the end of the day. I'll surely take you in account next time I'll plan to go to London.

All of the staff were very helpful and they were really welcoming which I haven't always found to be true at other hostels. Clean rooms the only thing is the bathrooms were a little rough but nothing too bad. I would definitely stay here again!

• 12th Jul 2013

I enjoyed staying at astor quest hostel because of it's good location and good free breakfast. Also it has a very equipt kitchen and you have all the cheap supermarkets just around the corner. It is true it's not the cleanest hostel, nor the best for it's price, but has a very good location next to two underground stations and hyde park. I missed a computer, although you do get free wi-fi.

• 11th Jul 2013
  • Slovenia

The best Hostel you can ever stay at. The staff was super friendly and I never wanted to leave. Will be going back soon.

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

The common room was a bit small, but everything else is as what you could want from a hostel. There is a good kitchen, with more space than the common room :p

Very hot in the room!! The ventilation system was poor. Luckily there was a fan provided.

I had a lovely stay at Astor Quest hostel! The location is perfect near Queensway and bayswater underground. The bed was comfortable with nice linen. You could wish for better cleanliness in the bathroom and the room was extremely hot but it was a minor nuisance. The breakfast is ok if you want a huge sugar rush between 08.00-10.00 am. What made the stay pleasant was the absolute lovely staff that made me feel welcome, secure and looked after. I certainly recommend this hostel and would stay the

• 7th Jul 2013