Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Wifi doesn't work in the rooms and no air conditioning. Brutally hot.

Though the pictures make the hostel look really engaging and fun, our stay was terrible. First, London was sweltering hot and none of the windows in our room opened so it turned into a hotbox during the day and didn't cool down at night. The bunks were crammed in so close the door wouldn't shut without slamming it. My bed locker wouldn't close properly and I nearly broke my thumb trying to get it to work. The bathrooms are smaller than a broom closet. Showers take some serious muscle to turn on.

I found the corridors quite a bit small considering that it's close to Victoria and people who have to catch an early flight will stay there. I had an average sized suitcase and found it difficult to carry it to my room, let alone the space in the room was a bit limited. You have some metal framework underneath your bed and you can put a padlock on it, but other people can still see what you've put in there.

Bathrooms small

• 14th Jul 2014

Great location, nice staff. Really good hostel, it was my fthird time there and I think not last!

Disgusting toilets!!! Not enough outlet powers to everyone... Location is ok, as you can reach pretty much everywhere by subway.

Good hostel; the location was really close to Victoria Coach Station and most tourist attractions.

Very nice hostel with wonderful staff and a good location close to victoria station.

Exactly what you should expect from a youth hostel. The storage lockers under the beds are big but not fully secure for small items. Location is really nice, not too far from the Victoria or Pimlico tube stations. Staff is extremely helpful and they want you to be as comfortable as possible. It's a classic youth hostel atmosphere! The showers are really small but are good and can get as hot as you like. Overall a good standard experience.

Everything about the hostel was ideal except for how many people were there. it was definitely packed full of young people, which is fun but makes things like getting a decent breakfast difficult. I would recommend more staff during breakfast so that people aren't battling for coffee or breakfast rolls.

This hostel is clean and the staff are friendly. I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends :)

Thank you very much! We will be so happy to welcome you and any of your friends back! Enjoy the rest of your travels, The Team

The hostel was clean, although some of the toilets weren't. The room was comfortable, but there were only two wall sockets, which is not enough for a 4 bed room. The location was great, but I found the room a bit too expensive, having stayed at another Astor hostel just one month ago which was a lot cheaper and the toilets cleaner. Also, they didn't have a 'maximum 2 bread rolls' policy for breakfast.

The hostel is very good for yough people, good service facilities and location. The only thing that I didn't like was that they gave us diferent rooms even when we made the reservation for three people. For the rest I do recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Location is fantastic. 5-7 minute walk from tube

Toilets and shared showers weren't the cleanest, breakfast is quite basic, a lot of stairs to the top floor!

Hey there, thank you very much for taking your time rating the hostel, feedback is really important to us. We are sorry if you did not find the cleanliness as good as you expected. Our lovely staff work hard to keep everything as clean as possible, specially now that the hostel is full everyday and there are so many people using the facilities at all times. However we will make sure everything is perfect if you decide to return to Astor Victoria. Enjoy the rest of your travels, The team

This is a nice hostel in a great location with super friendly staff. However, the beds (at least the one we had) are really uncomfortable. Upgrade those and it'll be awesome!

I had a really bad time. The bathrooms are so small that the water falls out of the sink when washing your hands. I had to wait about 20 min to do the check in since the guy who served me was too friendly and the rest of the staff would not bother. my room was supposed to be for 6 and there was a couple sleeping on a bed, so it was 7. if you can afford something better go for it. This place is for very low budget students. the location and wifi were the only good things.

Really friendly staff, nice free breakfast, easy to make friends, great location, wifi available everywhere

Everyone was very helpful when needed and had a very favorable luggage policy compared to another London Hostel we visited. A bit disconcerting that there was a warning in our room to not drink the tap water. Only place on our visit where we encountered such a warning.

• 28th Jun 2014

Good location, friendly staff. The standout was definitely the amount of valuable information posted on the walls including transport information to each airport with estimated costs and times!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7