Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

first of all there is near Victoria station by walk 10 minutes and staff are also quite kind

Stay at Astor Victoria! Great hostel. Super friendly and helpful staff. Central location with key attractions in easy walking distance. Huge kitchen. Social atmosphere

The staff, activities and location were awesome! The only thing I would have changed is larger/additional washrooms.

Bathrooms could still be cleaner, but as a whole very good, quiet atmosphere in a residential neighborhood. 24-hour reception was a plus. Right next to underground, so very convenient. Also right near Tate. Sinks in room were convenient. Towels can be rented for 1 pound.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have to agree we love our location too. With two underground stations, museums, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey , The Eye, Trafalgar and so much more. If you found the cleanliness not up to your standards please never hesitate to let reception know and would be happy to clean it up for you! We hope you enjoyed yourself in the magical city of London. Big hugs, Astor Victoria

A great London hostel. Amazing location. Super friendly and helpful staff. Clean and comfortable.

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us a review. We are always trying to work hard to ensure all our guests are having the best time possible. With main attractions in walking distance, daily events at the hostel and so much more there is always something to do. We hope you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again in the future. Big hugs, Astor Victoria

Excelent atmosphere, friendly/helpful staff, good location, good breakfast for the "price" (1 pound). But the rooms were a bit dirty, the bathrooms are really small and there was no plug for each bed, neither in the bathroom (impossible to use hairdryer). But overall, good value for the price!

Hostel is nice. Especially I liked a 1£ breakfast (this goes to charity) and the service of storing luggage after check out - for free!

I was excited about staying at this place based on the reviews that I had read on Hostelworld but unfortunately I was disappointed. Though the location was decent , everything else wasnt. The day I checked in the receptionist was very unhelpful. I asked for advice but didn't receive it. The bathrooms were small and dirty. The noise level was high and the thin walls didn't help. I was on a top bunk and the bed set didn't have a ladder to get on top. I would have rather spent money elsewhere.

The hostel was awesome. Great atmosphere and location. Comfortable beds and lots of things to do at night. The only problems were the bathrooms were kind of smelly and the floors were often wet in them. There arent enough bathrooms for the number of people there. Also our room made is sneeze a lot. Not sure why. But I would definitely stay there again.

The 4 female share room was good. The wifi was very poor and kept dropping out frequently. The showers where very dirty and had hair all over the place and the mat on the floor was wet and dirty.

Astor Victoria is highly reccomended. I made an error with my booking and Eric was so lovely to happily fix it up for me without it being a problem at all. As a solo female traveller I felt comfortable and safe. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. Make sure you go to the Shoreditch nightclub scene with the staff. I definitely recommend xoyo nightclub it went off!!! Thank you to Mitch, Chloe, Zac, Antony, Chloe, Paula, Marco, Eric and all the other wonderful staff members. :) :)

• 16th Jul 2015

Great Hostel, really good!!! everything was so perfectly arranged and clean.

Love the place and the atmosphere. The hostel is clean which is a major plus in my book. The stuff are friendly and the bed was comfy. It is among the best hostels that I have ever stayed in.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

Nice place!

• 13th Jul 2015

Small personal showers. I felt safe but heard a girl got her money stolen as I was checking out. Great location. Community things to do every evening. I enjoyed my stay for sure!

Fine hostel, expensive for what you get but then all hostels in London are. Bathrooms were quite small but kitchen(s) were massive. Granola and coffee at breakfast was great! Room was absolutely boiling when I arrived, and the fan didn't work properly - but a new one was quickly delivered. Some better ventilation in the rooms would be ideal!

The hostel itself is pretty basic although excellent value for its location: If, like I was, you're traveling very early from Victoria, you really cannot beat this deal. The room was quite utilitarian but clean and the bathrooms/showers tidy enough. However, I did not sleep well at all due to the unholy racket outside of our room which seemed to stem directly from other hostel guests - I kind of wished the staff would've addressed the situation.

Some of the staff where outting their hands down the cereal and got a handful and ate from the hand which was not nice to look at. How many have done that before we ate? There should be something to put you stuff on when you take a shower. It is also sad that when you have a reservation for two that you get split up....

Had a great time at the hostel. Just one minor issue the Wi-Fi signal is weak in room 50.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • India

Nice hostel with an excellent location near the downtown London. If the weather is warm, dorms at upper floors get sweaty and hot, which makes sleeping uncomfortable regardless of fans. Nevertheless, the staff and atmosphere made staying in the hostel pleasant.

• 10th Jul 2015