Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

+ excellent location + nice staff, 24h reception + nice atmosphere Some negative aspects that could be easily resolved: - No Curtains for the huge windows in the sleeping rooms, so there is light coming in all night (street) and from early morning on. - Doors in sleeping rooms shut very loudly.

• 24th May 2015

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to write an review. We are sorry about the curtains many of the rooms the curtains are getting replaced to ensure every guest has a good nights sleep. If you had any problems please never hesitate to come to reception and we could have come up with a solution! We always want our guests to have a comfortable stay. We hope you enjoyed your time at the hostel. Big hugs , Astor Victoria

The toilets and showers need serious improvement - unclean, smelly, the temperature dials don't work and some are literally scalding. Bedrooms are basic, but comfy beds and bedding, the location is incredible, staff were awesome, daily events planned are great, charity breakfast was a great start to the day and there are plenty of social seating areas!

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We always want our guests to feel like they are getting the best experience at Astor Victoria. Our washrooms are cleaned 3 times a day to make sure every guest has clean facilities. If you feel the cleanliness is not up to standards please inform reception. We will be right down to clean it and make sure it is spotless! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again in the future. Lots of love, AV

Staff were super helpful - arranging for last minute accommodations. Really enjoy this hostel. Would have to say if ONE thing needs an update, it's the stovetop in one of the two kitchens... it's locate directly on stairs so it's a potential danger risk

I loved this hostel. This was my first experience in a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised. My friend and I had so much fun. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the people were all so nice. Reception was extremely helpful and gave great recommendations. Location was great and the directions to arrive were easy to follow. Altogether, would definitely recommend and will hopefully stay here again next time I am in London!

• 22nd May 2015

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave an review. We try our best to make sure everyone has the best time here at Astor Victoria. With our daily events including, but not all movie nights, dinners , drinking games and nights out to try and ensure there is something for everyone to do at the hostel! We hope to see you again in the future! Kind regards, Astor Victoria

Rooms were very small and the lockers under the bed were extremely noisy to open..sounded like an earthquake happening underneath me. No real feeling of atmosphere and the events weren't appealing. Disappointing overall, good location, however.

It was great, when I go back to London I'll stay there again!

• 19th May 2015

Would be great if there was something dairy free, gluten free and sugar free in the breakfast menu. I turned away from the breakfast menu because it was basically unhealthy junk. Sugar, wheat and milk. Yuck! Apart form that everything was great, the rooms were clean, staff super friendly, and I donated £15 to Nepal in your donation box. Thank you!

Clean, pretty good location (close to metro stop), breakfast okay, not very filling but it didn't cost any extra, so we didn't think it was a big deal. Carpet in the room was a little weird and didn't seem the cleanest. Very tops of the windows in my room were really dusty (though tall and hard to reach). Showers were hot and beds were pretty comfortable. Would have been nice to have additional hangout space, maybe a designated quiet area. Overall good.

Good: central location, fair price; wifi, adapters, hair dryers for free, breakfast for a donation Bad: showers and toilets! just few on every floor (not enough when the hostel is full) and toilets were blocked quite often (hostel staff should look after that more often). The worst thing were the showers cause I just found one that had a regular tap. Most of them had some sort of wheel which was hard to turn & sometimes didn't adjust temperature at all, so I had to shower with boiling hot water

The Astor Victoria is a great place to stay that's really close to some of London's main attractions, while the rest are a short tube trip away. The staff is very friendly and will recommend you a place no matter what you're looking for. The kitchen is well furbished to cook and store meals or food.

• 14th May 2015

There is no hairdryer in the hostel. Toilets are constantly full of water.

Staff rules :-)

• 13th May 2015
  • Croatia

The staff people were not nice or helpful. There is no lockers in the room, there is cages that you could lock, but it isn't safe so I had to keep all my valuables in the small lockers at a reception which was not comfortable. My room was located on -1 floor, so basically in the basement - not much light coming in, plus there were only 4 sockets located in one place for the whole room ( 8 people). There was no light or socket provided beside each bed. Good wi-fi signal, close to Victoria

Satisfactory for the price and very conveniently located near tube, train, and bus stations. This was my first time at a hostel and it was definitely cleaner than I thought it would be. I had a trouble using most of the shower fixtures and figured out how to properly flush a British toilet.

• 12th May 2015
  • bucklesnap

Less than impressed. Having read all the rave reviews and seen it listed as London's Best Hostel I was less than impressed. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm with very very uncomfortable beds, flat pillows, limited space (to be expected in london but wasted with a non-functioning shower room), no personal access lights/power points and only storage under the beds which often do not fit suitcases. No elevator access either was a downer. Overall very average experience.

• 12th May 2015

Good place

The stuff are brilliant and helpful. Room is nice but only problem is bathroom which is not clean enough.

• 11th May 2015
  • Taiwan

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We always try to make sure everyone has the best possible time here in our hostel, and in London. If you ever had a problem with the cleanliness of a bathroom please tell reception we would be glad to come clean it spotless for you. We hope you enjoyed yourself. Lots of love, Astor Victoria.

I only Stayed there for a night but I had a series of problems (not involving the hostel) and the staff was really helpful and nice

one of the worst hostel I have stayed.

Location is unbeatable: only 3 mins walk to the Pimlico subway station and 30 mins to Victoria Coach Station. Breakfast is simple and good, only costs £0.50! However, the wifi was quite slow and unstable.

• 9th May 2015
  • China

Hi there, Thank you for the positive review! We agree our location cant be beat, close to two stations, Buckingham palace , St James Park, Big Ben, The Eye and so much more! We do apologize for our wifi was down in all of pimlico due to water works. We hope you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in magical London. Lots of love, Astor Victoria

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7