Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

It would be nice to have curtains in every room because in the morning the sun is very annoying. It's my second time at Astor Victoria and definitely I'll be back!

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Hey! Thanks for your feedback, we hadn't realized that there was curtains missing in that room! We have done a full sweep of the building and are putting new ones in every room! Looking forward to seeing you in beautiful London on your third visit! Lots of love The Family @Astor Victoria

Tiny shower rooms and toilets that block. Very poor breakfast served with 30min delay

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Hostel in great location, worth its money (very good price for the location). I enjoyed the bread rolls with pb&j for breakfast :) Bed was comfy, enough space to store away your luggage in the free storage "cages" underneath each bed. The only little 'complain' I have concerns the "bathrooms" - a bit weird to not have everything in 1 room (sink inside bedrooms, small toilet room and 1 other room where you could find 1 shower...but I guess that's because of the old-style buildings, so that's ok)

• 16th Oct 2014

Everything is perfect in hostel astor victoria but one thing made me little bit disappointed. It is a Faucet in the shower room (Not in the toilet). Every faucet in the shower room except 2th floor is very hard to turn off and on.

• South Korea

The hostel was quite noisy; thin walls, old creaky floors, the only way to close the door properly was to slam it. 2 relatively sleepless nights here. The front desk people were really nice, the hostel just needs updating. The cages under the beds were super squeaky, need a good oil. Some cages were broken and couldn't lock my stuff properly. Lots of little things adding up to make it not so nice.

• 16th Oct 2014

Not a good atmosphere to chat with strangers. The location is good. The shower room is small and breakfast is not good.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • China

I was impressed with how clean the hostel is, even with so many people moving up and down the stairs, and using its facilities. Also, the breakfast was basic, but nice, especially the warm bread rolls. The shower is great, and there are clean toilets in every floor as well. Maybe the only problem would be that the room was small for four people, but it should be fine if you get along with the other guys.

• 14th Oct 2014

A really convenient hostel right next to the Victoria station and close by to many attractions. ATM machine inside the hostel is a big plus!

Tiny rooms with no space to move. Big kitchen area. Overall was ok

The 6 Female Room is really tiny, I did not notice anyone ever using a sink or a room shower, so I'd say it is extra, more space would be a plus. Floor showers could be more clean, though for me it was good enough since the hot water was running 24/7 and the stream was fine. Really good that they provide socket adaptors in the room and there were many sockets themselves so everyone could easily charge their gadgets. The location is perfect, less than 5 mins walk to Victoria. Would stay again!

The wifi wasn't very strong in the rooms and there wasn't an outlet by my bed, so I had to sit in the common room to charge my phone and use it. Overall, a good stay though.

• 10th Oct 2014

I really enjoyed the stay in your hostel. Everything worked well and staff were really kind. I also liked the atmosphere and possibility to meet young people from different countries. The only thing that I could reproach is about shower. It was a little bit messy and full of hair so the water could not flow away properly. However this was just a detail and despite of this small problem, everything was really great and I am definitely going to visit your hostel again.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

We liked the hostel very much. The pros: great location, good neibourghood, two kitchens, was very clean. Cons: rooms next to showers (you have noise at every hour), and not enough toillets for all the people. The staff was very nice, and helpful. We would repeat!

Hostel was not very up-to-date. I was put in a room downstairs across from the kitchen, which was EXTREMELY loud at night. Plus the WIFI didn't work. I would suggest staying somewhere more central in London. Astor Victoria was nothing special.

Very enjoyable stay. Staff lives here and the places is lively. Location and facilities were very nice. Would stay here again.

I had a really good stay here. The free breakfast was good and showers were decent. Was fairly clean and the under bed lockers were really great. Only problem was carrying my heavy luggage up 4 flights of stairs!

I thought this would be loud and chaotic. It was not. I stayed in a four bed dormetory on a Monday night. It could be louder on the weekends The rooms are very clean. This is possibly the cleanest hostel I have stayed in in my 35 years. Bring ear plugs because the house is loud and you can hear people in the hall ways. Great staff. Would stay again, but my age will restrict that. :) I did not have the breakfast, so no comment. Takes some 5-10 minutes to walk to the tube (Victoria/Pimlico)

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Norway

Very good staff. Excellent value for money and fantastic location.

We really enjoyed my time at Astor Victoria Hostel. It was just one night but my girlfriend and I spent a really good time there. It was very comfortable and clean. Good value for money. Score 10!

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

The best thing about this hostel was the staff and in particular one member named dan. He was extremely helpful, accommodating and friendly. The rest of the hostel was quiet disappointing with very small rooms where belongings couldn't be stored safely. The toilet and showers were often broken and there was very few for the amount of people staying there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7