Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

It's a nice youth hostel very well located, not too far from the tube and just few steps from the bus stop ! My friends and I were in a 6 beds dorm and the room was pretty clean as for the toilets and showers, There was enough place for each of us in the room. The staff is just awsome, very helpful and nice. The atmosphere is pretty cool with good vibes and good music when you come in. The only negative point would be the breakfast a) not real juice b) not enough choice c) not enough refill.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Everything you need. Good staff. Really good atmosphere.

Nice and clean hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. The location (within walking distance from Victoria train and coach stations) is very convenient if you need to catch an early bus or train.

toilets are really small and the stairs are narrow,so when you carry your luggage,it can be a problem.Rooms are also small I think at most four people can stay inside.thats why there is no fresh air in the room.Breakfast is really basic only cereal,nutella etc.But this hostel is valuable for money.Because the location is great.

Faced problem with the lock (smart card) provided to me. Asked thrice to resolve the problem, but nothing got resolved. Finally they themselves unlocked the door and asked me keep the door open whenever I went to toilet and incase if gets locked again, I should be rushing to them for help. This is very irritating.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • India

Probably a bit pricey for what it is. It lacked the atmosphere of previous hostels I have stayed at. The free breakfast was a nice addition but nothing to get excited about. Lockers were big and the place was clean.

Great place to stay. Staff are very helpful and accommodating (and attractive)! ;)

It's a nice place for a few time but bathrooms are small and durty..

Stayed for one night but unfortunately was scheduled to go home. Met very nice friendly people, great way to meet other young people too as age limit is 35. It makes a lot of difference when the staff are open and friendly and their attitude was great. Would stay here again if I visited London again.

Hey there! Thanks for the awesome review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward welcoming you back next time you're in London

Lovely place, friendly people, excellent location. You can have good night sleep in a quiet area and then go easily anywhere you like. Sainsbury's is near and you can make your own food in the kitchen. Free wi-fi was nice and also there is computer you can use to surf internet or print tickets.

- the internet was not working properly (too many users in network?) - staff was very friendly and helpful :-) - possibility to leave luggage at hostel after check-out is great! - breakfast was okay; two small bread rolls per person is not enough though

I don't wnat to book here again It's too difficult to take a shower

Everything was excellent except the room cleaness...Staff were kind, place is convenient and the greatest thing was--can cook by yourself (though I didn't do it as I am bad at cooking...)! However, the room was not clean enough and it was a little pitty. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay in this hostel!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Japan

The beds are not comfortable and the room we had was so narrow two people could hardly pass each let alone the storage under the bed. The staff was great and kept the place extremely spic and span. The movie room was a great place to hang out and a nice feature!

We enjoyed our staying at Astor Victoria =) Everything was great! Thank you all!

Staff were excellent and very helpful. Close proximity to underground station which can take you to the centre of London no problem. The rooms are very small and don't have air conditioning. Toilets are very small but are kept very clean. Lack of elevator can be an issue especially if you have luggage. Rooms are not equipped with lockers to store valuables, but they have small ones available in the lobby. Overall a satisfying stay.

• 7th Aug 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in a 6 bed dorm. The room was closet-sized and there's no A/C. There are not complementary lockers for your valuables. There is a sink in the room, but it's in a cramped corner and hard to use because the tap needs to be constantly held down. The showers and toilets were satisfactory. Kept clean, but too cramped. There are NO elevators. Not fun to carry bags up four flights of stairs. Complementary breakfast is good. Service is great. Location is close to key metros.

We had a very good stay at the Astor Victoria!

• 7th Aug 2014

Hey there, thanks for the review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Would love to have you back next time you're in London. All the best (:

Overall, the Astor Victoria hostel was pretty awesome. They served great breakfast, had a huge kitchen, and lots of places to hang and get info about London. We did get stuck in a basement room though, and it was brutally hot and stuffy to the point we couldn't sleep. If you could request not to get that room, I think you would be okay.

20 minute walk from Buckingham place, closest station is Pimlico. Stayed for 1 night. Hostel staff were nice, let me had a shower when I arrived at 7am, before check in. Breakfast also included, nothing special. Stayed in a 6 dorm mixed, room was tiny, there was a sink in the room. Took a while to figure out lockers under the bed, didn't seem very secure though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7