Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Excellent location close to Victoria and Pimlico stations. Felt secure - lockers provided (padlocks for rent) in rooms and secure lockers for valuables with reception. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Will definitely stay again, although was a little disappointed to note they have a maximum age of 35, which means that a friend I often travel with would be unable to stay there.

great hostel

Had a nice stay here. Was in the 6 bed female dorm. Nice staff. Lockers available under the beds (very noisy though). I thought the breakfast was a good variety. There's a movie room if you have time. 5-10 min walk to 2 underground stations, and there is a bus that's basically right outside the hostel that takes you to some of the touristy places. I'd recommend staying here.

My friends and I had a great stay at Astor Victoria! Good value for the money, fantastic location (Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Westminster Abbey, and Big Ben/Houses of Parliament all walkable), and a solid breakfast for only 50p, proceeds going to charity. The shower in my 4-bed all-female room (42) was more of a cock-eyed drizzle than a shower, but still worked. Best of all was the staff, though- shout out to everyone who dealt with my probably-annoying emails and questions. Thanks a million!

• 20th Mar 2015

the hostel seems like an alright place although covers, pillows and mattresses definitely need changed! they were in a filthy state and look like they've probably been used since the hostel's been opened. staff seemed quite nice even though my friend and I can't really judge about that since we actually only used the hostel as a place to sleep. We have never seen the kitchen either. The showers were okay but the first day too hot and too cold on the second..

• 20th Mar 2015

It was within walking distance of nearly every major attraction and extremely close to the tube line. The breakfast was a little lacking, but it was good for a quick bite before hitting the streets. And the people were fun. We made friends with the people in our room.

• 18th Mar 2015

Individual lights+ plugs in the room would be nice.

Very satisfied with my stay at Astor Victoria! Crew is nice, helpful, make a good job. For free is for example: borrow an umbrella, hairdresser, printing a ticket or whatever you want. Location: it is very close to Big Ben (15 min), Buckingham Palace (15 min), Westminster Cathedral (10) and Stamford Bridge (45 minutes walk). I recommend that Hostel for all!

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review. We are glad our hostel could meet your needs. We always want to ensure that our guests have the best possible time here in London! Cheers, Astor Victoria family x

Overall it's a good hostel. great location. Some of the staff are really friendly as promised.. Some of the staff are not friendly at all and will do their best to avoid helping you.. And when you ask them for help they do so begrudgingly.. No idea as to why that is.

Don't know luggage deposit service was also available. Would have been more perfect than I thought. Keep up!

Hey There, many thanks for your time spent to leave us a feedback. We're really delighted that your stay here has exceeded your expectations. We're really proud of that. We'll see you again in the magical London at anytime, always @ Astor Victoria Hostel. Lots of Love, The Astor Victoria Family!

Everything was perfect, we can't complain about any aspect, thank you so much!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Spain

It's a nice, clean hostel, but I went with a friend. We booked like months ago and they putted us in 2 seperate rooms... That was a bit stupid, because there were a lot of people alone so they could put them together and us together. But they fixed the problem after one night. :)

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Hey there, many thanks for the time spent to leave us a feedback. We would like to highlight that if you book a dorm you aren't guaranteed to be placed in the same room. Obviously we try to keep guests together if they contact us in advance. Hope to see you again in the lovely London, always @ Astor Victoria Hostel. Big Hug, The Astor Victoria Family!

Great location and close to most of the main attractions. The staff was really friendly and I would definitely recommend staying here. The bathrooms were cleaned daily as well as the kitchen.

• 13th Mar 2015

Thank you for the positive review! We try hard to ensure that everyone has the best possible stay here at Astor Victoria. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Much love, Astor Victoria family x

Great environment, great location and price! Just two small details: the power sockets in my room (room 40) are not making good contact (used with power adaptor); the internet is not good, it keeps disconnecting and is not very fast (i think in a hostel full of young people is worth an upgrade)!

• Portugal

Hi there thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for the inconvenience with the wifi, unfortunately the week you arrived the entire area of Pimlico was effected by it. We hope that this didnt compromise your stay with us. We try our best to ensure all our guests have the best stay possible. Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

I had a great time at the hostel, full of young and cheerful people who were also very respectful, no loud noises in the middle of the night or anything like that. The staff was just awesome, really nice and helpful, and the hostel itself is definitely in good shape. If I really have to be picky, the wifi was a bit flaky, but hey, it was free!

• 13th Mar 2015

Hey there, many thanks for your time spent to leave us a comment. We're really happy and proud that you've had a more then positive stay with us. We apologize, last week there was an issue with our internet provider, it wasn't our fault. Now it's all sorted. Hope to see you again in the lovely London with us, always @ Astor Victoria Hostel! Lots of Love, The Astor Victoria Family!

Amazing! Only paying £20pppn, I wasn't expecting much, but Astor Victoria really go above and beyond! The staff were great and there were loads of unexpected facilities like printing and fridge space, the showers were warm and the whole place was clean and warm and inviting. Thank you!

• 13th Mar 2015

The best Hostel in London, the position is strategic (10 minute walking and you are in the real center of London) great atmosphere and also very nice staff.

• 12th Mar 2015

Overall this was a really nice place. My room was kept clean and the beds were very comfy. The only drawback I had with this place was the wifi service; I specifically picked a place that said they had free wifi-they had wifi it just didn't work. It was constantly kicking me off of the wifi and no matter where I was I could never get a good connection. Overall a very nice, convenient, central place with nice staff; I just wish the wifi had been better. I would definitely stay there again though.

• 11th Mar 2015

Brilliant staff and atmosphere. Loved everything about the place! Definitely coming back!

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We loved having you as part of our family for your stay in London. Safe travels, lots of love Astor Victoria family x

The staff at Astor Victoria was so helpful. Whenever I'm back in London I will stay there.

Thank you so much for the positive review. We always enjoy hearing that our guests had a great time staying with us. We cant wait to see you again soon in the future! Big Hugs Astor Victoria family x

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7