Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Beds are clean, the location is excellent ! You have bus and tube at 5 min walk. However my roommates were very noisy .. If you're tight on budget I would recommend it, don't read old reviews because the hostel seems to be much better now than before. My room was really clean compared to what I could have read.

• 11th Sep 2014

Had a great stay! The beds are confortable and rooms clean. Would be nice to have a bedlight so that late sleepers or earlybirds wouldn't have to turn on the light for the whole room. There are plenty bathrooms so there never was need to wait to take a shower. Breakfast was simple but nice, milk, cereal, rolls and jams. Enough to get the day started. Good wifi signal on the room. Only downside was that we can hear footsteps throughout de building, and got quite loud at night.

• 10th Sep 2014

Only 2 power sockets in a room with 6 persons isn't enough, considering everyone has mobiles, laptops and other electronics on him. Otherwise an excellent hostel.

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write us a review! Sorry about the power outlet situation. We will be putting more power cords in our rooms to ensure everyone has a plug for their electronics! Hope to have you stay with us again next time you're in London! All the best, the team @ Astor Victoria

The breakfast was awesome- the atmosphere was not. There's no real common room. That being said, we still had a good time!

Thanks for the help as I missed my fly and lost my money Dan was very helpful and he organized with my dady that I could stay one more night and got a ticket per E-Mail. Thanks Julian

• 7th Sep 2014

The hostel is conveniently located and has a TV room and two kitchens where the residents can cook. However, it should be mentioned that the wi-fi connection in the rooms is terrible, and said rooms do not have enough electric sockets for all the residents (there were 2 in my 6-people room). Breakfast is rather meagre and the bread is always brought late. Overall, an average hostel.

Best location

It felt like a pretty standard hostel for the price. Free cereal and juice for breakfast! There are rolls too, but they tend to run out pretty early. The dormitory beds are clean and I like that there is a toilet w/in the dorm room itself. I was a little bit worried about personal privacy and security-- there are no curtains or anything around the beds for privacy and be sure to bring a padlock for the mesh cages under the bunk (if you don't want to rent/pay for a padlock from the hostel).

• 5th Sep 2014

If you're traveling alone this is a great hostel to meet people! The breakfast is average, staff are amazing and very kind. I would stay here again. The showers were a bit dirty, but toilets were kept clean.

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write us a review! Thanks for bringing up the shower situation to us. We will have our cleaners spend more time cleaning them to ensure they're always clean for our guests! Hope to have you back here next time you're in London! All the best, the team @ Astor Victoria

This is the best hostel I've been so far. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable !

Love this hostel - have been staying here whenever I drop into London. Breakfast is simple but all day tea is great. Great renos made since my last visit!

Hello, thanks for choosing to stay with us again!! We're happy you noticed the changes here at Astor Victoria. We're always trying to improve to satisfy our guests. See you next time you're in London! The team @ Astor Victoria

Really nice situation, you can visit almost everything walking ! The staff is friendly, rooms are clean ! I'm really happy in this hostel.

• 3rd Sep 2014

The staff were so friendly and helpful, felt like talking to old friends. It's also got a great atmosphere, everyone staying was friendly and fun! Had such a great stay! Loved the movie room - great way to relax and ease into making friends if you're shy (like me)! Location was close to all the big ticket items in London and they give you map on check in. Rooms were good and had lockers, my bed was comfortable and clean. Overall was a great stay - would recommend!!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Good local. Good steff. It is good choice.

Hello, thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is very central and convenient. Our staff is always here to help you! Hope to see you next time you're in London! Cheers, the team @ Astor Victoria

I love staying at the AV. The only downside is that there is no longer a 10 pm curfew and in general the ventilation of the rooms in summer. The fans are great, but impossible to use during the night. But that's more due to the character of the building and not the hostel's fault.

The hostel was clean and nice. It would be a bit better if the lockers underneath the bunk beds didn't make that much of a noise. A bit small but was ok. The best thing was about its location, near to literally everything in London and very safe indeed.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is very near a major train, bus and tube station so you can get anywhere in London quickly. The rooms, kitchen and bathrooms were clean but the laundry facilities were not as clean and we were a little grossed out by the very dirty blanket that was hiding inside the clean duvet cover. Maybe it's time to clean/ detail the clothes washers and replace the gross duvets? Otherwise it was a great experience and we would stay there again.

• 30th Aug 2014

Had such a good time! Common area, kitchen and staff were awesome. Rooms, beds and bathrooms are really small but it doesn't matter, you never in them because your having too much fun downstairs :) good location, not right in the city but easy to get to walking or metro.

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We loved having you here. Glad you enjoyed everything. Hope to see you again next time you're in London. All the best, the team @ Astor Victoria

This hostel is in a very nice location, close to the tube, coach & train station, but that is the only positive. My first impression of the hostel was perhaps marred by the dozen or so smokers packed together and blocking the entrance. Once inside I wanted to hire a towel but was told I needed a cash deposit for this and the room key, which I didn't have so had to walk back into the night with my luggage to find a cash machine. Pre-warning in booking email or own website would have been nice.

High recommendation, everything was great. Thank you for your assistance in all ways. I 'd like to come again next time ;)

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Slovakia

Hello, it was our pleasure making you feel comfortable and assisting you. We're glad you enjoyed your stay! See you next time you're in London (:

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7