Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

toilets are really small and the stairs are narrow,so when you carry your luggage,it can be a problem.Rooms are also small I think at most four people can stay inside.thats why there is no fresh air in the room.Breakfast is really basic only cereal,nutella etc.But this hostel is valuable for money.Because the location is great.

Faced problem with the lock (smart card) provided to me. Asked thrice to resolve the problem, but nothing got resolved. Finally they themselves unlocked the door and asked me keep the door open whenever I went to toilet and incase if gets locked again, I should be rushing to them for help. This is very irritating.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • India

Probably a bit pricey for what it is. It lacked the atmosphere of previous hostels I have stayed at. The free breakfast was a nice addition but nothing to get excited about. Lockers were big and the place was clean.

Great place to stay. Staff are very helpful and accommodating (and attractive)! ;)

It's a nice place for a few time but bathrooms are small and durty..

Stayed for one night but unfortunately was scheduled to go home. Met very nice friendly people, great way to meet other young people too as age limit is 35. It makes a lot of difference when the staff are open and friendly and their attitude was great. Would stay here again if I visited London again.

Hey there! Thanks for the awesome review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward welcoming you back next time you're in London

- the internet was not working properly (too many users in network?) - staff was very friendly and helpful :-) - possibility to leave luggage at hostel after check-out is great! - breakfast was okay; two small bread rolls per person is not enough though

I don't wnat to book here again It's too difficult to take a shower

Everything was excellent except the room cleaness...Staff were kind, place is convenient and the greatest thing was--can cook by yourself (though I didn't do it as I am bad at cooking...)! However, the room was not clean enough and it was a little pitty. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay in this hostel!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Japan

The beds are not comfortable and the room we had was so narrow two people could hardly pass each let alone the storage under the bed. The staff was great and kept the place extremely spic and span. The movie room was a great place to hang out and a nice feature!

We enjoyed our staying at Astor Victoria =) Everything was great! Thank you all!

Staff were excellent and very helpful. Close proximity to underground station which can take you to the centre of London no problem. The rooms are very small and don't have air conditioning. Toilets are very small but are kept very clean. Lack of elevator can be an issue especially if you have luggage. Rooms are not equipped with lockers to store valuables, but they have small ones available in the lobby. Overall a satisfying stay.

• 7th Aug 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in a 6 bed dorm. The room was closet-sized and there's no A/C. There are not complementary lockers for your valuables. There is a sink in the room, but it's in a cramped corner and hard to use because the tap needs to be constantly held down. The showers and toilets were satisfactory. Kept clean, but too cramped. There are NO elevators. Not fun to carry bags up four flights of stairs. Complementary breakfast is good. Service is great. Location is close to key metros.

We had a very good stay at the Astor Victoria!

• 7th Aug 2014

Hey there, thanks for the review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Would love to have you back next time you're in London. All the best (:

20 minute walk from Buckingham place, closest station is Pimlico. Stayed for 1 night. Hostel staff were nice, let me had a shower when I arrived at 7am, before check in. Breakfast also included, nothing special. Stayed in a 6 dorm mixed, room was tiny, there was a sink in the room. Took a while to figure out lockers under the bed, didn't seem very secure though.

No lift, so we walked up over 75 steps one way. They fixed any problems asap. Facilities were clean and the staff helpful. The room we had was spacious and ive never really had an issue staying at an Astor Hostel. Pimlico station was a short walk away. Just those damn stairs

it was cozy and all the people are friendly! very good!!!!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The bed was too short for me (and I am 1.73m high...) and some drunk guys were running around hitting doors at 3 in the night. Except for that (that already happened to me in other hostels) I would say it is a nice place in a nice area

the toilet and shower were very dirty. But the rest of the hostel was very nice and lively, also a nice atmosphere.

• 4th Aug 2014

Everything a backpacker needs and more! Checked in for two nights at this hostel and it was amazing!!! I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and it was fine. The room itself had cages under the bunks to store your items. Another bonus was the free wifi and continental breakfast. The position of the hotel was very central and only a short walk away to Victoria station and city bikes that can be hired. Honestly it took me 4 hours to walk from the hostel see the main attractions and walk back. It was great.

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back here soon. Safe travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7