Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

It was great, when I go back to London I'll stay there again!

• 19th May 2015

Would be great if there was something dairy free, gluten free and sugar free in the breakfast menu. I turned away from the breakfast menu because it was basically unhealthy junk. Sugar, wheat and milk. Yuck! Apart form that everything was great, the rooms were clean, staff super friendly, and I donated £15 to Nepal in your donation box. Thank you!

Clean, pretty good location (close to metro stop), breakfast okay, not very filling but it didn't cost any extra, so we didn't think it was a big deal. Carpet in the room was a little weird and didn't seem the cleanest. Very tops of the windows in my room were really dusty (though tall and hard to reach). Showers were hot and beds were pretty comfortable. Would have been nice to have additional hangout space, maybe a designated quiet area. Overall good.

• 17th May 2015

Good: central location, fair price; wifi, adapters, hair dryers for free, breakfast for a donation Bad: showers and toilets! just few on every floor (not enough when the hostel is full) and toilets were blocked quite often (hostel staff should look after that more often). The worst thing were the showers cause I just found one that had a regular tap. Most of them had some sort of wheel which was hard to turn & sometimes didn't adjust temperature at all, so I had to shower with boiling hot water

The Astor Victoria is a great place to stay that's really close to some of London's main attractions, while the rest are a short tube trip away. The staff is very friendly and will recommend you a place no matter what you're looking for. The kitchen is well furbished to cook and store meals or food.

• 14th May 2015

There is no hairdryer in the hostel. Toilets are constantly full of water.

Staff rules :-)

• 13th May 2015
  • Croatia

The staff people were not nice or helpful. There is no lockers in the room, there is cages that you could lock, but it isn't safe so I had to keep all my valuables in the small lockers at a reception which was not comfortable. My room was located on -1 floor, so basically in the basement - not much light coming in, plus there were only 4 sockets located in one place for the whole room ( 8 people). There was no light or socket provided beside each bed. Good wi-fi signal, close to Victoria

Satisfactory for the price and very conveniently located near tube, train, and bus stations. This was my first time at a hostel and it was definitely cleaner than I thought it would be. I had a trouble using most of the shower fixtures and figured out how to properly flush a British toilet.

• 12th May 2015
  • bucklesnap

Less than impressed. Having read all the rave reviews and seen it listed as London's Best Hostel I was less than impressed. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm with very very uncomfortable beds, flat pillows, limited space (to be expected in london but wasted with a non-functioning shower room), no personal access lights/power points and only storage under the beds which often do not fit suitcases. No elevator access either was a downer. Overall very average experience.

• 12th May 2015

Good place

The stuff are brilliant and helpful. Room is nice but only problem is bathroom which is not clean enough.

• 11th May 2015
  • Taiwan

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We always try to make sure everyone has the best possible time here in our hostel, and in London. If you ever had a problem with the cleanliness of a bathroom please tell reception we would be glad to come clean it spotless for you. We hope you enjoyed yourself. Lots of love, Astor Victoria.

I only Stayed there for a night but I had a series of problems (not involving the hostel) and the staff was really helpful and nice

one of the worst hostel I have stayed.

Location is unbeatable: only 3 mins walk to the Pimlico subway station and 30 mins to Victoria Coach Station. Breakfast is simple and good, only costs £0.50! However, the wifi was quite slow and unstable.

• 9th May 2015
  • China

Hi there, Thank you for the positive review! We agree our location cant be beat, close to two stations, Buckingham palace , St James Park, Big Ben, The Eye and so much more! We do apologize for our wifi was down in all of pimlico due to water works. We hope you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in magical London. Lots of love, Astor Victoria

I enjoyed my two nights at Astor Victoria. Staff was friendly and gave me good advice on what to see in London, also cool to bump into another Canadian. Was happy I was able to store my luggage for the day before I left but would have liked to see that room more secure... lockers or atleast a ticket to know whose stuff was actually in there .. maybe only staff should be allowed in?

• 7th May 2015

No criticism concerning the hostel or staff, but there were two other ladies in my room and they had no consideration for myself or the other lady sharing the room. Between 10.30 and 11.30pm every evening they thought it was appropriate to have the room door wide open and play around with there suitcases, in which they had all the clothes packed in separate bags. On the third evening I told them that this was inappropriate and luckily they stopped moving the carrier bags around.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We always try to ensure everyone has a great time here at Astor Victoria, If you ever had any problems please know you can always come to any member of the staff we are always around to help with anything you might need. We hope you had a great time in the magical city of London! Much love, Astor Victoria

Absolutely great. Had a lovely stay here. Staff is very friendly and ready to help, location is the best you could ever find (extremely close to the Victoria Coach/Train Station, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace). Practically anywhere you'd want to visit in London you could go on foot (not that you can't take the tube - there's 2 stations very near). Wi-fi was a bit shaky and I'd suggest personal powerpoints for each bed, but that's all. Breakfast is quite simple, but good.

Hi there, Thank you taking the time to write such a great review! We would have to agree with you, our location cant be beat! Not to mention The Eye, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, central London and all the amazing markets/night life! We are upgrading our wifi so every guest feels like they can connect at anytime. If you had any problems with person plugs we do have extensions at reception so please at anytime you have a problem come straight to us! We hope you enjoyed London! Lots of Love, AV

Stayed here 3 nights. Found it very good but small common rooms and bedrooms. I found everything else good. Liked it how the staff hosted events throughout the week and it was close to the main attractions

Stayed in a 6 bed room on the second floor from the ground. The room had a skin in it which was nice because the bathroom sinks were too small to brush you teeth and wash your face in without making a mess. Washrooms were mostly clean as were the kitchen areas. Never had to wait for the washroom. Good walking distance to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and Buckingham palace. Kind of far from the entertainment part of town but close to the tube.

• 6th May 2015

Hi there, Thank you for leaving a review, We always try to ensure everyone has the best time at Astor Victoria. If you had any concerns or problems, always know you can come to reception at any time, we are open 24 hours a day!. We also love the close distance to all the major attractions, also we have a bus that runs 24 hours a day outside the hostel that takes you right into the centre of London which is a 15 minute bus ride! We hope you had a great time in London. Lots of Love, AV

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7