Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

All good, although cleanliness wasn't great and pretty much every toilet had the seat hanging off. Would be happy to stay again though as price and location is ideal.

• 26th Sep 2014

Good location, walking distance to Westminster, B.Palace etc, staff smyling and helpful even at midnight, gives good advices and adaptors) Free breakfast was good (three different jams, honey, butter, nutella), linen clean, neighbours in my room were nice and decent. I really enjoyed my stay!

Great location, around the corner from Victoria coach, train and underground, friendly staff, access to the kitchen, free breakfast and lockers in each room. Wish I could have stayed longer than one night!

Hey there! Wish we could of had you stay for longer too! Glad you enjoyed your stay, you're welcome back when ever your in London. Enjoy the rest of your travels -- the team @ Astor Victoria

My stay was very good and I'll definitely stay there again the next time I'm in London!

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we'd love to have you back anytime your in London! Safe travels, the team @ Astor Victoria (:

Well located hostel, close to tons of restaurants, bars, shopping and basically everything else. Rooms are large, facilities are clean, but there are 2 gigantic dogs that sometimes chill behind the reception desk and sometimes leave a residual odor in the hallways. Good place to stay, although there's not much of a common area so it's not super social.

The room was a bit small for 4 persons. With 4 people plus luggage in the room there was almost no space anymore to move around.

• 21st Sep 2014

This hostel is in a great location, walking distance from many of London's attractions. The crowd is quite young, but I guess you expect that with a cheaper hostel. There's no curfew at the hostel so expect people to be arriving throughout the night and banging about and switching lights on. There were also no curtains on our window so you were up at the crack of dawn.

a great hostel, staff are very friendly.The movie room quite cozy and being able to meet lots of people. Though the internet upstairs got poor signal, everything still works great

• Taiwan

The staff is quiet disorganized, we asked for a something when we make the reserve, and them when we arrive, allways they say YES, at the last minute, they didn´t know...

Great atmosphere for students! Friendly, and knows the needs to be met.

• 17th Sep 2014

If you are with heavy luggages, this hostel is terrible because of no lifts in here. Also Wifi is terrible. But location is great. Also, at breakfast time there are so many people in the kitchen so it is hard to find plates, spoons and seats. If you are with small luggages and sim card of unlimited data, it will be a quite great hostel.

• South Korea

Hey, thank you very much for taking the time rating us, it really helps us to improve the hostel. We are very sorry if you were surprised there was no elevator at the hostel yet it is advertised on the website we cannot have one since we are based in a historic building. However we always offer a hand with the luggage. Enjoy the rest of your travels, the Astor Victoria Team

The location was great but everything else was just average really. Our room was on the fourth floor and it was unbearably hot which meant we didn't get the best nights sleep. As for how clean it was, well the carpets looked like they hadn't had a clean since the 90's! The worst though we're the showers. Mould on the ceilings and hair everywhere. Think you need some signs up telling other guests to clean up their mess.

• 16th Sep 2014

Its very near to Victoria Station.. Staff is friendly, everything is ok, just the toilet a bit dirty..

We had a great time! Big, clean rooms! Great value for money! Friendliest staff ever! We loved it :) Shower smelled kinda funky, but hey its a hostel :) Would stay there again for sure!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

Hey there! Thank you very much for the kind words, we are very glad you guys had a good time staying with us :) we look forward to see you around next time. Cheers, The Astor Victoria Team

Excellent location on walking distance of Victoria station, in a pleasant neighbourhood. I stayed here before, but this time I stayed on the 4th floor where there is no WiFi, that was the only significant thing that let me down. A minor annoyance was that you cannot even wash your hands in the toilets, because the sinks are too small for even your hands... Kitchen area is really nice though, and staffed by decent people, good hostel.

Dirty bartrooms and so uncomfy. No wifi in rooms, everybody were out sitted on stairs with their phones or laptops. Third floor by stairs, no elevator. Really hot room in September. Good kitchen. Nice staff. Great location. Good value for money.

Good place to stay, friendly staff, nice atmosphere. If I go to London again, I definitely will stay in Astor Victoria again.

• 12th Sep 2014

In general, it was a nice stay. Maybe it would be good to have a couple of showers and toilets more, they were a bit crowded in the mornings.

• Spain

A very pleasant stay altogether, everybody was incredibly friendly and I felt very much at home. I enjoyed the effortless and youthful atmosphere, and the range of services provided. The option to store my luggage there on the day of my departure was brilliant! Thank you.

• Czech Republic

Great ambient and very nice staff. But you should provide basic facilities for free, like daily lockers and socker adaptators.

• 11th Sep 2014