Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The location was perfect for accessing London's major sites.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

We stayed for a week and we enjoyed it! Breakfast was warm breads with a couple of spreads, the staff was friendly and the room (6person female dorm) was big enough and had all we needed. Since it is summer it was really hot in the rooms, hotter than it was outside. Great location near Victoria Station and on walking distance to the city centre.

• 20th Jul 2014

매우 좋은 위치, 친절한 스텝, 밝은 분위기, 괜찮았던 조식 상당히 편하게 만족하며 머물렀다

Wifi doesn't work in the rooms and no air conditioning. Brutally hot.

Though the pictures make the hostel look really engaging and fun, our stay was terrible. First, London was sweltering hot and none of the windows in our room opened so it turned into a hotbox during the day and didn't cool down at night. The bunks were crammed in so close the door wouldn't shut without slamming it. My bed locker wouldn't close properly and I nearly broke my thumb trying to get it to work. The bathrooms are smaller than a broom closet. Showers take some serious muscle to turn on.

I found the corridors quite a bit small considering that it's close to Victoria and people who have to catch an early flight will stay there. I had an average sized suitcase and found it difficult to carry it to my room, let alone the space in the room was a bit limited. You have some metal framework underneath your bed and you can put a padlock on it, but other people can still see what you've put in there.

The hard part was the stairs

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The manager and staff have rather poor customer service skills. If you see me waiting to talk to you at the desk, acknowledge me and say "sorry. I'll be with you in a few mins". Don't keep me standing there forever while you chitchat. My questions only required a few seconds to answer yet I ended up waiting for at least 10 mins and there were two staff members working.

• 16th Jul 2014

Really good location, close to Victoria Station which pretty much can get you everywhere. Staff are helpful. It's safe and clean, common area is cozy and chill. Very pleasant stay indeed in London!

Great location, friendly staff and atmosphere. Only downside not enough power points in room but plenty downstairs which keeps it social

I liked this hostel, quite quiet though which meant I got a good nights sleep. Very central to the places I needed to be. They gave me a hair dryer too and breakfast was lovely.

Bathrooms small

• 14th Jul 2014

Enjoyed my stay here! Lots of areas (reception, kitchen, chill out room) to meet new people.

Great location, nice staff. Really good hostel, it was my fthird time there and I think not last!

Fantastic location, clean facilities and really helpful and friendly staff.

Stairs are very steep and you are out of breath for five minutes every time I got in my room (4th floor). Room was quite hot at night. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast times kitchen is packed. Good location nit far from bus or train station or tube.

Disgusting toilets!!! Not enough outlet powers to everyone... Location is ok, as you can reach pretty much everywhere by subway.

Good hostel; the location was really close to Victoria Coach Station and most tourist attractions.

Very nice hostel with wonderful staff and a good location close to victoria station.

Exactly what you should expect from a youth hostel. The storage lockers under the beds are big but not fully secure for small items. Location is really nice, not too far from the Victoria or Pimlico tube stations. Staff is extremely helpful and they want you to be as comfortable as possible. It's a classic youth hostel atmosphere! The showers are really small but are good and can get as hot as you like. Overall a good standard experience.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7