Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

We really enjoyed our stay, and thought it was perfect that it was located so close to the coach station that we took the bus to the airport from. After staying at a really bad hostel where the rooms were full and crowded, coming to Astor Victoria was like a sweet relief. The atmosphere was friendly and I would recommend it to anyone!

Hi! Thank you very much for taking you time writing a review, we really appreciate it. We are glad you guys enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you next time in London. Enjoy your travels, The Astor Victoria Team

This is really an unpleasant stay because we don't get what is promised. The concierege has made some mistake that causes us a unpeaceful moment with the roommates. It is really sad to experience this.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • China

I had a great stay here. I was traveling alone and felt very safe. Staff was very friendly. Showers and bathrooms were clean. I read that people complained about there not being anywhere to put your things but the hooks on the walls work just fine in keeping things dry if you angle the water properly. I was only around for breakfast one morning which was good (coffee, tea, cereal, bread) but very crowded which I expected at 9:30am. There was always someone at the front desk to help.

Astor victoria is less people than another hostel and price is almost the same. it means cheaper than another hostel. I've stayed this hostel 2 years ago. something has changed a bit. toilet is more clean than before. Just staff was less friendly than before. other things for hostel is almost perfect! laundry machine cost is cheap. walk able to victoria. there is another tube station near by the hostel. comfortable bed. would like to stay here again.

Friendly staff. Beds were fine. Wifi sucks. Free breakfast.

Hi! Thanks for leaving a review with your rating. We hope you enjoyed the stay at Astor Victoria. The wifi issue has been sorted, we are in the middle of swapping internet providers so that's why it was hard to connect to it for a while. Enjoy your travels and we hope to see you next time at Astor Victoria. The Astor Victoria Team

Arrived the hostel around 7pm from the Victoria station, coz i didn't hv much cash and it is a bit late in the evening, i think it's possible to pay one night first and pay the rest in the next morning. But the staff insisted and so I hv to find the bank at night and I am so exhausted. It is noisy at nights, from boys/girls/cars. Luckily, the toilets and bathroom is quite clean, the kitchen seems well equipped. London is great, and I will choose other hostel next time.

At the time of my stay, the wifi wasn't working on all my devices.

• 30th Oct 2013

The room were clean but the bathroom and toiletes were dirty. The curtain in the shower was really disgusting and I always take my baths taking care to dont touch it. The kitchen was ok, the breakfast were simple: cereals, milk, coffe, bread and thinks to bread like fake nutella and peanuts cream. No ham, no cheese. Onde day I arrived at the breakfast room and there is no bread and no milk. I ask this for 1 staff and he said me that these things were over. The localization is simple amazing.

Great location near Victoria Station and Pimlico, friendly and helpful staff, breakfast included but only basics (bread rolls, jam, cereals, tea, coffee), various facilities like kitchen/adaptors/towels, only one shower for a 8bed room, wash basin in the room so prob not the best choice for people who wanna have a nice sleep BUT great value for money :)

I really enjoyed staying at astor victoria hostel. But the last day there was someone snoring really bad. But most of things were perfect. I want to stay there at next time.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • South Korea

I enjoyed a lot my stayed at Astor Victoria, good coffee-break, good beds, nice *staff. The shower is middle small but this was not a trouble. *STAFF: Most of Staff was very kind, BUT one of them was called ARTURO is very rude, when i and others would ask him something his answers was not very polite.

Do not book this hostel it's horrible. The mattress need changing and so do the staff and everything. Hated it there

• Scotland

Very friendly staff! I would come again :)

• 28th Oct 2013

We were there for 4 nights; it was really nice. The staff is very reliable and we found that our stay here was a very good moment. We will sure come back in this hostel and spread the word !

• 28th Oct 2013

No assistance up endless stairs with large bags, staff relatively helpful, kitchen filthy, rooms never cleaned, other guests rude, smokers at front door (so you spend your day with the beautiful smell of cigarettes through your hair and clothes). Basically it's your average hostel, where you get stuck with the usual kinds of people in a dorm. If you like to party stay here. Definitely a fantastic location however!!

The hostel is easily accesible from a nearby tube station. It's very clean and filled with positive vibes. The only bad point is the Internet which is, least to say, temperamental. DO NOT RELY ON INTERNET CONNECTION IT'S LIKELY NOT TO WORK. Despite me being stressed because I couldn't do my work, which required Internet access, the staff was very helpful and ever so nice. Overall lovely experience.

• Poland

Good location, but maybe better locker facilities instead if cages under the beds.

Environment is good!

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

there is no luggage security. I found my luggage outside of the luggage keeping room. forget the breakfast. I only like the location.

Shower/toilet are so tiny you barely can be inside. Dirty is all around. Breakfast ver y poor and low (sometimes inexistent) internet. But the location is good, you can go walking to main attractions.