Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

We liked the hostel very much. The pros: great location, good neibourghood, two kitchens, was very clean. Cons: rooms next to showers (you have noise at every hour), and not enough toillets for all the people. The staff was very nice, and helpful. We would repeat!

Hello! Thanks for the nice feedback! Hope to see you soon here in the magical London, @Astor Victoria. Big Hug, Astor Victoria Family!!

Hostel was not very up-to-date. I was put in a room downstairs across from the kitchen, which was EXTREMELY loud at night. Plus the WIFI didn't work. I would suggest staying somewhere more central in London. Astor Victoria was nothing special.

Hey. Thanks for your feedback. For us is important understand the level of satisfaction of our guests. We have recently renovated our routers and the free Wi-Fi is all right around the hostel. Since we have a good neighbour policy, everything is quieten down no later than 12 pm. Hope to see you again in the lovely London, here @Astor Victoria. Kindest Regards, Astor Victoria Family!

Very enjoyable stay. Staff lives here and the places is lively. Location and facilities were very nice. Would stay here again.

Hey! Many thanks for the positive feedback. We're glad that you had such a good time. Wait to see you again in the lovely London, here @Astor Victoria. Lot of love, The Astor Victoria Family!

I had a really good stay here. The free breakfast was good and showers were decent. Was fairly clean and the under bed lockers were really great. Only problem was carrying my heavy luggage up 4 flights of stairs!

Hey! Many thanks for the positive feedback. We're sorry about the carrying up but since we're in a historical building there's no lift! Hope to see you again in the lovely London, here @Astor Victoria. Big Hug, Astor Victoria Family!

I thought this would be loud and chaotic. It was not. I stayed in a four bed dormetory on a Monday night. It could be louder on the weekends The rooms are very clean. This is possibly the cleanest hostel I have stayed in in my 35 years. Bring ear plugs because the house is loud and you can hear people in the hall ways. Great staff. Would stay again, but my age will restrict that. :) I did not have the breakfast, so no comment. Takes some 5-10 minutes to walk to the tube (Victoria/Pimlico)

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Norway

Hey! Many thanks for your positive feedback! For us it's a pleasure. Waiting to see you again, even for a coffee! Big Hug, Astor Victoria Family!

Very good staff. Excellent value for money and fantastic location.

Hi There! Thanks for the awesome feedback! Hope to see you again here in the magical London, always @Astor Victoria. Love, Astor Victoria Family!

We really enjoyed my time at Astor Victoria Hostel. It was just one night but my girlfriend and I spent a really good time there. It was very comfortable and clean. Good value for money. Score 10!

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Hey there! Thanks for the nice words and for the positive feedback. We hope to see you again in the lovely London, here @Astor Victoria Hostel. Big Hug, Astor Victoria Family!

The staff was very helpful at helping us find food and getting everything we needed for the bar crawl. Friendly, too! :)

• 1st Oct 2014

Hi there! Thanks for the positive and excellent feedback! Waiting to see you again in the lovely London, here @Astor Victoria. Big Hug. Astor Victoria Family!

The best thing about this hostel was the staff and in particular one member named dan. He was extremely helpful, accommodating and friendly. The rest of the hostel was quiet disappointing with very small rooms where belongings couldn't be stored safely. The toilet and showers were often broken and there was very few for the amount of people staying there.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We have recently went into all the rooms and added new latches to the cages so every cage can lock properly. We have also gone into both buildings fixing all plumbing issues so all our showers and toilets are up and running properly. I hope your family enjoyed the surprise of you coming home early! Thanks for the shout out (: We hope to see you here again, all the best. Dan @ Astor Victoria

I return to Astor Victoria as its a good place to stay local to the attractions, staff are helpful, only Staff need to respond to raised concerns with a follow up. Otherwise good overall.

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy you keep coming back to us! We aim to fix any issues raised to staff as quickly as possible, sorry if this one slipped by! Hoping to see you again in the future, lots of love, Astor Victoria

improve on the breakfast offered. Its limited in choice.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Zimbabwe

Staff was great! Loved the location.

• 30th Sep 2014

Thank You! We are pleased you loved it here! All the best, The Team!

Location is excellent - very close to Pimlico on Victoria line. Go there, not Victoria tube stop - quite a walk. Really good craft ale pub Cask around corner. Not the busiest of neighborhoods to hang about, but very nice overall. Wifi coverage in rooms almost nonexistent, even downstairs close to common area. That's my only real complaint. Would recommend.

I'm definitely coming back! Is cheap, the rooms are tidy as well as the bathroom and the most important thing for me is that the people is very nice and always there to help you with anything you want.

• Spain

The location is very, very good. As it was our first trip to London, my friend and I picked a good location by chance. It is close to two tube stations and within walking distance of many popular attractions (Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey), though if you are not up for walking more than 10 minutes, taking the tube is probably better. The area felt very safe. The bathrooms were pretty much what I expected from a hostel; not too bad though. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 26th Sep 2014

This hostel has a great location close to an underground stop. Breakfast was pretty low quality, stale cereal and dinner rolls. The bathrooms could've used a good cleaning, there was a pad hanging on a shower hook for the entirety of our stay. The internet also does not work past the first floor or so but thankfully there is a great movie room to hang out in and use the wifi. This hostel is fine if you want a secure place to sleep but leaves something to be desired for cleanliness.

• 26th Sep 2014

All good, although cleanliness wasn't great and pretty much every toilet had the seat hanging off. Would be happy to stay again though as price and location is ideal.

• 26th Sep 2014

Hey thank you for your feedback! We've looked through the whole hostel and checked every toilet seat and they are all nice and perfect again! Looking forward to seeing you next time! The crew at AV

100% recomended!, awesome staff!!

I really liked the hostel: the location is perfect, the staff is really nice and helpful, it's fun to meet new people there, breakfast and bed linen included, super cheap for all it has to offer. Only thing might be that the sockets are pretty far away from your bed (especially when you sleep on the upper part of the bunk bed) and the showers are a bit tricky (hot/cold is sometimes difficult to regulate). However, there are PLENTY of bathroom facilities: That's a big PLUS!!!! Loved it there.

Well located, very close to the tube (Plimlico). I think one of the cheapest options to stay in London. Very clean rooms. Just too much climbing with the luggage if you're on the top floors (3,4,5). Maybe having an elevator would help move the heavy bags.