Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Not too far from next Tube stations, but relatively quiet because of that. Good breakfast, very welcoming atmosphere, my 6 bed dorm had enough space for everyone and their baggage, lots of small details just right (like free printing), and good WiFi at least in the attractive common rooms. Overall very nice place! The only disadvantages coming to my mind: Noisy drawer under the bed. But it makes your stuff hard to steal ;-)

My most favourite hostel in London, ive been back many times. the staff are great, especially their manager, she is great! the movie room is awesome, wifi works well. breakfast is well done. great location and all. highly reccommend it and do reccommend it to my friends.

• 25th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff was superb. Location was a bit far off from Victoria, it is actually closer to Pimlico station on the Victoria Line; the other nearest public transportation would be bus 24 that will take you to Victoria station with 2 stops. The staircases are narrow, and the walls are thin. Room is really small and I am not a fan of carpet flooring because it seems dusty. Toilets were ok, I had my own shower inside the room which was another weird thing. The beds are good and sheets are clean.

Great Hostel, I will warn you that the internet connection could be better. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Great access to Central London. The staff is friendly and very helpful.

We loved stay there. The location Is excellent. You can walk 10 min to victoria station, and 20 min to the palace. Also, all staffs are so helpful. We would like to back soon.

• 24th May 2014

Great stay, super friendly and helpful staff!! loved it

Good staff, disappointed by the cleanliness, the bedroom and the bathroom were dirty. Free breakfast, but only available between 8 and 10 am, so nothing if you have to catch your flight earlier. I saw better hostels in my life.

The hostel felt secure, and the beds were comfortable. I appreciated the free breakfast but only ate there once. The breakfast hours were 8-10, I recall, and I got an earlier start some days. The bathroom sink was very narrow, so there was often water on the floor of the bathroom. I'm not sure how this could be remedied because of the small space. There were never paper towels either. There are locks to borrow though they ran out when I was there. I had to buy my own. Good value overall.

• 23rd May 2014

Proximity to Victoria line was very good, but every time I entered the building there were semi-dressed people smoking at the front door. It wasn't a good look. The door of my room (14) squeaked so loudly that it woke everybody up. Every single time somebody use it. This was the most disappointing breakfast I've ever had. A bowl of crunchy sugar with skim milk, and two small rolls of dirty white bread. No butter! No juice! No water jug! No fruit! No brown bread! Shame on you!

One of the guys in the reception could have been more friendly...but all of then gave me information that I asked for and were helpful. The location is really good, near tube stations and a mall with restaurants and a supermarket. The toilets, bathrooms and the bedrooms were cleaner than I expected! I would definetly stay there again!

Staff is good and helpfull, wifi has good connection also at 3rd floor, situation of hostel is excellent, the breakfast is good. toilets and showers are quite dirty, but it is the problem of guests. Bedrooms are small and little bit noisy, but there are very comfortable beds. Locks and keys are not free,but for refundable deposit 5 pounds for each. First day ,we have problem- they do not have enought locks!Kitchen is also quite dirty, but is again problem of guests, not the staff.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Will stay there again, but i hate, HATE, the showers! :D

• 22nd May 2014
  • Finland

Staff members are friendly and helpful, but lack of communication between staff members.

• Hong Kong

Always a good stay at the Astor Victoria. Great staff. Perfect location. Worth a visit!

Not enough plugs for everybody in the room (e.g. for 6 peole just two plugs) The lokers under the beds require big padlocks, thus, if you dont have it you need to pay £ 5 to borrow one. The check in time is quite late ( 14h) and different from the average check in times of other hostels (usually 11h) The breakfast is quite good with wonderful hot breads (fresh ones)

The staff was lovely and helpful. The facilities were great!

• 21st May 2014

If you're travelling to make friends and find a place to have fun, this is the right hostel for you. The staff are impeccable, always helpful with anything you need, in additional to being friendly and genuine. This has got to be my favorite hostel this far. If you're there on beer pong night, check it out. I promise you won't regret it !

• 21st May 2014

WiFi and location is good,but there's not clean enough. And the bathroom is too narrow and not very clean,also the water is not very hot.

Very noisy. The room was near the kitchen, in where even after midnight people were shouting and making a lot of noise.

Good location near the tube station and walkable distance to Big Ben and London Eye. There are cages under the beds for bags which are good, can be noisy though. Breakfast and kitchen are good.