Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Everything a backpacker needs and more! Checked in for two nights at this hostel and it was amazing!!! I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and it was fine. The room itself had cages under the bunks to store your items. Another bonus was the free wifi and continental breakfast. The position of the hotel was very central and only a short walk away to Victoria station and city bikes that can be hired. Honestly it took me 4 hours to walk from the hostel see the main attractions and walk back. It was great.

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back here soon. Safe travels!

the room is too small, other things are all ok. but I had bad expierence because of those room mates. never , ever choose mix room for girls!!!

This place was so great that I cancelled my other bookings the 2nd time I came to London just so I could come back to Astor Victoria! Very accommodating staff, great facilities, wifi ensuite, bathrooms and showers on each floor. No issues with cleanliness. Free breakfast could be better but that's to be expected. Very close to the main tourist sights. Quiet, upscale neighborhood so no worries about safety, etc. Would def recommend!

I was first allocated to a room in the basement with no window and the room so hot that it is impossible to sleep in. The condition of that room was very very bad. I requested a room change and was allocated to another room which was better. However, the condition of the washroom and the shower are also not very good. Also, the breakfast is too simple. In conclusion, the hostel is worse than it is suggested online.

좁은 계단 엘리베이터 없음 좁은 방 샤워실과 화장실이 공용이지만, 단독임 와이파이는 1층 거실에서만 아침은 별로 직원이 친절함

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Korea

First time in London and staying in a Hostel. Enjoyed my time - great experience.

They need to do something about air conditioning in the summer. Our room was 20-25 degrees C and it was impossible to sleep which kind of defeats the purpose of a hostel.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

The location was good when you needed to get to the train station which is why we chose it. Our biggest issue was the room we were in was extremely hot and humid to the point that you would wake up with your hair drenched with sweat and it actually was quite hard to sleep. There was a fan in the room but it didn't seem to help. The hallway and common spaces seemed to be a normal temperature so I'm not sure why our room was so different but it was definitely tough. Rooms were clean otherwise.

Great location --- exceptional staff. very courteous and helpful

good location and good for money to pay.

Expensive, but not more than you would expect for a London hostel. About 20 minutes from the city centre, and very walkable - we walked everywhere with no public transportation. Also quite conveniently located near Victoria Station if you arrive by bus. Staff was friendly, helpful (free printing!) and included breakfast was awesome!

Hey! Thank you very much for the feedback, it's very appreciated. We are very glad you liked staying with us! Hoping to see you next time in London. Enjoy the rest of your travels, The Astor Victoria Team

Really enjoyed my stay at Astor. Really friendly staff, great location - just walking distance from Victoria and many of Londons most famous landmarks. At night it was surprisingly quiet considering its such a large hostel and given the central location. Room was clean and spacious but no air conditioning and the shower was a little mouldy around the edges but for a short stay on the budget I would definitely recommend!

The rooms were cramped but everything else was great. I had a good time.

There is a 24h bus in front of the hostel Great location !

Shower facilities were small.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Its my first stay in the Hostel, The room is really small, just enough for the beds which are bunk beds. There is not even a chair where you can sit in the room. My bed was on the second level so I only slept there. It was also really HOT at night since the door was closed most of the time. the sinks in the showers were also really small for some reason. Location is good, staff was helpful and nothing got stolen during my stay! Internet worked!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Russia

Everything is very nice.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The location was perfect for accessing London's major sites.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

Thanks for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back next time your in London. All the best, the team @ Astor Victoria

Amazing Team & Staff, definitely come back again !!

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

We stayed for a week and we enjoyed it! Breakfast was warm breads with a couple of spreads, the staff was friendly and the room (6person female dorm) was big enough and had all we needed. Since it is summer it was really hot in the rooms, hotter than it was outside. Great location near Victoria Station and on walking distance to the city centre.

• 20th Jul 2014

Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay here! We would love to welcome you back whenever you're in London next. Sorry about the heat in the room, the historic buildings don't allow us to install central air. Hope you're enjoying the rest of your travels (: The team @ Astor Victoria