Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Overall a good hostel, but mirrors would be a great addition to the bathrooms and/or the dorms.

The staff and the service is great, the environment is also excellent, the facilities are very clean , the kitchen and dining room is very complete. I recommend this place 100%

Hello, thanks so much for the awesome review!! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here at Astor Victoria. We would love to welcome you back whenever you are in London next! All the best. The team

The staffs are very friendly and the location is great! However, there were problems with the clogged sink and toilet, which was very frustrating during my stay.

Hello, we are so sorry about the clogged sink and toilet! Next time please let one of our staff know and we will fix it promptly! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to welcome you back in the future! wishing you all the best. The team

The staff are friendly and approachable, and always willing to help with any questions/troubles you may have. I didn't have any major issues during my stay here. The only thing I occasionally found a bit inconvenient is that they only have drinkable water in the kitchen. So if you drink a lot of water (like me!) it can be annoying at times. But I get the impression that's the case with several hostels in London. Not too big of a hassle really, but I think it's worth mentioning. Cheers! =)

• 1st May 2014
  • Norway

Hello, thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at Astor Victoria. We look forward welcoming you back any time! All the best. The team

Ottima comunicazione, disponibilità e posizione. La pulizia delle stanze , wc e docce si può migliorare.

The hotel was very friendly, while remaining quiet in the dorms. It is extremely well located and the frame as amenities fulfill any expectations. The staff is always available and smiling, whatever the type of request (special thanks to Dan, with his kindness and gentleness) A pleasant stay in an unforgettable place, I would return.

• 30th Apr 2014

Best hostel EVER!

• 30th Apr 2014

Overall, a very great hostel. My only complaint is the breakfast. It's very nice that breakfast is included, but you get your own dishes and clean them after you use them, which seems quite unsanitary. I had to re-clean the dishes I was going to use since they clearly were not thoroughly cleaned; this was a major flag for me.

• 28th Apr 2014

The Staff is very friendly. The breakfast is simple but very good. The rooms was a little bit small.

Hey, thanks for the rating! We hope to see you around soon. Cheers, The Astor Victoria Team

Fantastic location for a hostel in a posh area. Always felt safe, helpful staff. Unfortunately not much of an atmosphere when I stayed, aside from groups guests pretty much kept to themselves. My single room was small but the bed was comfortable and towels free.

Hey there, thank you very much for taking your time rating us! Your opinion is very important to us. We look forward to see you next around and will make sure everything is perfect for you. Best, The Astor Victoria Team

Staff was friendly and accommodating, rooms were nice and clean. The neighborhood generally seemed pretty safe and was in walking distance to many different tourist sights like Buckingham Palace. One of the best hostels I had stayed in during my spring break.

Hey! Thank you very much for the comment! We hope to see you next time you come to London. Enjoy the rest of your travels, The Astor Victoria Team

We loved our stay at Astor Victoria! The only thing that was not awesome was that the 'on-suite' was just a shower in the middle of our room and it was kind of see-through so we never wanted to use it. But all in all it was an amazing trip and you can't beat the amazing location, we could walk to most 'big' tourist attractions within 40 min!

Hey there, thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate your words! We are very happy to hear you guys loved your stay with us and also very sorry if you didn't like the shower in the room although there is no difference between the prices of the ensuite or non ensuite rooms and plenty of showers outside the room for every guest's convenience. We hope to see you around in the near future! Cheers, The Astor Victoria Team

Me and my friends had a few negative encounters with the staff but nothing that ruined our weekend. I think the winning factor of this hostel was the atmosphere. We met amazing and friendly people who were eager to drink and hang out all weekend. That was what I will remember most about Astor Victoria. The facilities were always clean as well, and the location was perfect. It was quiet at night and super easy to find your way into central london for clubs and pubs.

Hey, thank you for taking your time rating us. I am very sorry to hear you did not get a good impression of our lovely staff, for that we are always available to hear whatever is wrong so we can improve it. Enjoy the rest of your travels, The Astor Victoria Team

When i see the reviews before i arrived london, i think i had too high expectation of this hostel. People say the staff here are so good, but it is average, not "really very" helpful. The hostel is clean, but the rooms, shower rooms and toilets are quite small. This may because that this is london where land is expensive. Breakfast is included and good. You can walk here from Victoria Coach Station. But the worst thing is that there was NO WIFI in my room that makes inconvenience to me.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

very convenient. near to pimlico tube station & just around 10 min to victoria station and 15 min to buckingham place. there's supermarket nearby that u can buy grocery to cook your own meal or there are some restaurants around. it's in a safe neighbourhood that i felt comfortable walking back alone at night i stayed in ensuite room...however i think the shower inside the room isn't very good...so i usually use the bathroom outside my room. another drawback is the wifi reception is poor in room

Nice staff. Stayed in this hostel for the ten minute walk to meet Busabout for my tour. I hated how there was the sink in the middle of the room. It was annoying to having to listen to people staying in the same room as you brush their teeth, hork up phlegm and do other disgusting bathroom rituals right there in the middle of the room when you're trying to sleep. The washrooms are also really cramped with no soap or paper towel. Probably won't stay here again.

Have been here before and absolutely will come again!

• 21st Apr 2014
  • China

Looking forward to see you next time!

It was a great weekend in London. We picked this hostel following my sister's recommendation. Nice, tidy, safe, not too partyish but not too boring. I also found the staff very helpful. Great value for money

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

hey there, thank you very much for your rating, we really appreciate it. Enjoy, The Astor Victoria Team

Excellent Quality/Price

Hey, thank you very much for your rating! Cheers, The Astor Victoria Team

The staff were amazing and friendly. It's the mere place to stay whenever I go London!!

• 17th Apr 2014