Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

I stayed 3 nights with my fiancé in 4 bed dorm. First night we were separated because they were really busy and full, but another night they put us together. Staff is really nice and heplful, bed stable. Bring your earplugs and you´ll be fine :).

• 17th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Staff was very friendly and helpful! Great atmosphere. Got a little hot at night but overall would stay there again.

• 17th May 2014

Nice hostel. The wifi wasn't working when I was there which was pretty annoying but other than that nice hostel. Met nice people and it's close to the train station :)

Amazing hostel, good location, friendly and helpful staff :) would definitely go there again!

I love all the facilities and resources - ie. free wall adapters, free printing of boarding pass. The front desk staff was simply amazing - Dan Spasic and another girl with brown hair (sooo nice!). The free wifi can be improved upon as it was spotty everywhere and I was unable to check mail, and I wish there was a little table in the shower to put my stuff. Otherwise, great!

Very good value for money! Bus 24 takes you directly to the Trafalgar Square (about 15 minutes). Beautiful area! I will certainly return in this hostel.

• 14th May 2014
  • Latvia

Great location within walking distance of Victoria train station and Pimlico tube station. The best kitchens we've ever seen in a hostel, and the kitchens stay open late! There are multiple ovens, ranges, more than sufficient silverware, plates, cups, and cookware. If you plan to make meals during your stay, this is the place to do it. Staff were hit or miss, some very friendly, others very unfriendly. One employee, Grace, went above and beyond to help us throughout our stay. Thanks Grace!

Wi-Fi isn’t working lol

Great location close to the tube and easy to get into the city center. After traveling for 3 weeks it was great to be able to cook myself some dinner in one of the two kitchens and wash my clothes. One down side was the showers being small and not the cleanest. But apart from that awesome place to stay

Love this hostel! Why oh why is it only 18-35! I'd love to be able to stay again next year I'll be good I promise x x

I had an excellent time staying at the Astor. The staff were friendly and helpful, everything was clean, and I loved that breakfast was included in the price -- that was such a relief, knowing I didn't have to hunt for breakfast in the morning. I loved the kitchens, great for cooking. The neighborhood was central, nice, safe, clean and I had an all-round great experience staying here. Next time I'm in London, I'll definitely be back. Cheers and keep up the excellent work.

• 12th May 2014

The hostel was a good place to stay, friendly and helpfull staff, good breakfast included. Street a lot of traffic during the night which made it a little noisy. But besides that i can highly recommend the hostel.

Most of guests in the hotel are young people, that,s very nice for communication. Although we live in 6 beds room, but you can lock your things, so you feel very safe. And you can use computer their for chansfor the photoes from the cellphoto to the USB, and also can use computer print your tickets, all of this are free. And in the hotel there is a kichen, so if you like, you can cook something for eat. very nice place, I like it, it make me very happy!

• 12th May 2014
  • China

Hostel is in an excellent location, close to trains and walking distance to major tourist areas. Staff weren't overly helpful while we were there. The breakfast provided is pretty basic, but good enough. Hostel needs to provide more bowls and spoons as there seemed to only be about 5, so had to wait a while. Bathrooms/showers very basic and small, not the cleanest, but definitely not a major issue either. Beds are comfy too.

The staff was really friendly. The location is easy to reach but is far from the point of interests at night (20-30min). The showers were really small. The room to meet people was quite small (eather kitchen or at the reception) and not that welcoming. It was ok.

• 10th May 2014

Nice and good people! Excellent atmosphere and very good staff. Noisy stairs but its ok!!! One of the 2best in london.

• 8th May 2014
  • Mexico

Had a great time here! Very close to all the tourist spots can walk to everything very close to the tube as well which u will need to use if you want to get a drink after 11pm as everything is closed in Victoria at 11.

The hostel staff put us in seperate rooms. When we tried to figure out a solution to this by asking if in the coming days there would be a way for us to get in a room together the guy at the reception was very inflexible and unfriendly. He blamed everything on a complicated booking system and said that this wasn't common. Weird that every group checking in after us seemed to have the same problem!! So if you want to be sure that you stay in one room, book a different hostel!

• 8th May 2014

Hey there, thanks for taking your time rating us. We are very sorry if you guys had to be separate the first two nights but I personally did everything possible so I could allocate you guys together in the same room for the rest of your stay. Please keep in mind we always do our best to keep groups in the same rooms but when booking in a hostel what you book is the beds nor the rooms unless you make a reservation in a private room. Enjoy the rest of your travels! Cheers, The Astor Victoria

Decent hostel for London. Great location close to the tube and bus, and kitchen facilities were excellent. Issues were that there was only one outlet for a room of six people, and when we asked for a power bar at the desk we were just told repeatedly that it should be in the room (despite our saying repeatedly that it wasn't) and they don't have any more. Also, the atmosphere isn't that great, it seemed pretty cliquey, and the bathrooms are very tiny. But clean and great location, so, not bad.

Great place for a short stay!