Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Small rooms with ok beds. The showers barely provide enough water to take a proper shower.

This was my second time staying at the Astor Victoria and I was so glad I did. I knew the area and the Hostel was clean and well done. I would definitely stay there again.

• 20th Sep 2013

Staff was not helpful and very rude, the bathroom was dirty, the wifi was not working. I will never live here again.

Nice hostel, clean and appropriate for our needs. Close to the metro, a little bit further out from central london though

Liked the place a lot. The staff were great. Right next to Pimlico tube station. I'll definitely come to Astor Victoria again soon.

• Israel

I was staying in a shared room which was pretty noisy with people coming and going all night. Perfect for one night but don't know if I would have wanted to stay longer. Otherwise great hostel, freindly staff and nice and clean.

Really great place to stay, plenty of opportunities to meet new people and nice clean beds and rooms! Will definitely be coming back again!:)

• Wales

Good comfortable stay. Our door swipe did not work the whole three days we were there, and even though we were told when checking in that it was just a matter of changing the batteries, no one did anything about it during our stay. Otherwise, great location, good value for money and clean accommodation with good, sturdy bunks

• New Zealand

Missing a proper common room, bed was nice though.

The room (6 person mixed dorm) was cramped but relatively clean. Beds are assigned ahead of time, so if you'd prefer top or bottom bunk you should let them know beforehand. The bathroom were small and dirty. Towels are a 5 pound deposit, 3 of which you get back. Mine smelled like mildew. 5 pound deposit for your keycard. The wi-fi did not work at all, in the room or in the lounge. I stayed 1 night, and then found somewhere else to stay for my second night in town.

• 18th Sep 2013

Quite an unremarkable stay. It would have been nice to have a larger social area other than the dining area. I thought I paid quite a lot for the facilities (£28/night) but maybe that's because of the location.

• 17th Sep 2013

We had an ensuite and the shower was mouldy. The water was freezing and only three drops came out at a time, but the common shower was fine.

Everything is good with the hostel except 3 horrible girls from New Zeland, I think, who only cares about flirt with the rest of the staff... they were angry and sad because their romantic problems which I mention... they are useless for anything exept to make bad faces to the costumers... besides of this I think than the hostel is pretty good!

weak wifi, damaged kitchenware, very basic bed & room, staff are pro at service, as well as playing--esp. at about 10pm every night some of them stay in the dinning room to play and make unbearable noise besides, the booking system from hostelworld.com is suck, I booked 2beds for 8nights but don't like the room at basement, a staff checked and rearranged me in 2rooms (4nights+4nights), but further he said such changes meant I cancelled the booking and need to pay the higher price as walk-in!

Didn't have long here- about 4 hours as we were staying here to get the gatwick express early. It is useful for victoria. We had no problems but we didn't get a good enough perspective to give a better review. From our experience it was a nice place to stay...

only bath is bath because it is very small :D

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Turkey

All the doors to the rooms stick and unless you are careful the door doesn't close completely and your room is left unlocked, this same problems makes it impossible to enter or leave the room without waking everyone. This is why I consider security to be poor, as people would accidentally leave rooms unlocked. The Internet is terrible, very slow and was often not even working at all. You are better off going to a wifi capable cafe. There is no elevator.

I stayed at 6 female dorm which had a filthy shower, the WIFI wasn't working and there's no elevator.

4 days without Wi-Fi and staff very unfriendly. I was at the 4th floor, a lot of exercise without an elevator, especially with those old stairs. 1 out of 2 WC was out of service. The sink is incredibly small, no space to wash hands, so water spilled on the floor. Showers were acceptable. Breakfast is terrible: no filter coffee (instant coffee only) and no bread, only tea, cereals and milk. At the entrance, there was a construction site, not nice but still OK. The location was OK, near 2 tubes.

In general is quite okay. Rooms are very clean, common areas are comfortable, and it's easy to get there and go to other places from there. BUT THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT THEIR INTERNET DOESN'T WORK AND THEY DO NOT SEEM TO CARE!!!! I stayed there for 3 days and the internet never worked and they never even try to fix it. In general the staff was nice, but currently there is a Spanish guy in reception who is very unfriendly, and always look upset whenever you try to ask him something.