Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

We enjoyed our staying at Astor Victoria =) Everything was great! Thank you all!

Staff were excellent and very helpful. Close proximity to underground station which can take you to the centre of London no problem. The rooms are very small and don't have air conditioning. Toilets are very small but are kept very clean. Lack of elevator can be an issue especially if you have luggage. Rooms are not equipped with lockers to store valuables, but they have small ones available in the lobby. Overall a satisfying stay.

• 7th Aug 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in a 6 bed dorm. The room was closet-sized and there's no A/C. There are not complementary lockers for your valuables. There is a sink in the room, but it's in a cramped corner and hard to use because the tap needs to be constantly held down. The showers and toilets were satisfactory. Kept clean, but too cramped. There are NO elevators. Not fun to carry bags up four flights of stairs. Complementary breakfast is good. Service is great. Location is close to key metros.

We had a very good stay at the Astor Victoria!

• 7th Aug 2014

Hey there, thanks for the review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Would love to have you back next time you're in London. All the best (:

Overall, the Astor Victoria hostel was pretty awesome. They served great breakfast, had a huge kitchen, and lots of places to hang and get info about London. We did get stuck in a basement room though, and it was brutally hot and stuffy to the point we couldn't sleep. If you could request not to get that room, I think you would be okay.

20 minute walk from Buckingham place, closest station is Pimlico. Stayed for 1 night. Hostel staff were nice, let me had a shower when I arrived at 7am, before check in. Breakfast also included, nothing special. Stayed in a 6 dorm mixed, room was tiny, there was a sink in the room. Took a while to figure out lockers under the bed, didn't seem very secure though.

No lift, so we walked up over 75 steps one way. They fixed any problems asap. Facilities were clean and the staff helpful. The room we had was spacious and ive never really had an issue staying at an Astor Hostel. Pimlico station was a short walk away. Just those damn stairs

it was cozy and all the people are friendly! very good!!!!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

some drunk guys were running around hitting doors at 3 in the night. Except for that (that already happened to me in other hostels) I would say it is a nice place in a nice area

the toilet and shower were very dirty. But the rest of the hostel was very nice and lively, also a nice atmosphere.

• 4th Aug 2014

Everything a backpacker needs and more! Checked in for two nights at this hostel and it was amazing!!! I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and it was fine. The room itself had cages under the bunks to store your items. Another bonus was the free wifi and continental breakfast. The position of the hotel was very central and only a short walk away to Victoria station and city bikes that can be hired. Honestly it took me 4 hours to walk from the hostel see the main attractions and walk back. It was great.

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back here soon. Safe travels!

the room is too small, other things are all ok. but I had bad expierence because of those room mates. never , ever choose mix room for girls!!!

This place was so great that I cancelled my other bookings the 2nd time I came to London just so I could come back to Astor Victoria! Very accommodating staff, great facilities, wifi ensuite, bathrooms and showers on each floor. No issues with cleanliness. Free breakfast could be better but that's to be expected. Very close to the main tourist sights. Quiet, upscale neighborhood so no worries about safety, etc. Would def recommend!

I was first allocated to a room in the basement with no window and the room so hot that it is impossible to sleep in. The condition of that room was very very bad. I requested a room change and was allocated to another room which was better. However, the condition of the washroom and the shower are also not very good. Also, the breakfast is too simple. In conclusion, the hostel is worse than it is suggested online.

좁은 계단 엘리베이터 없음 좁은 방 샤워실과 화장실이 공용이지만, 단독임 와이파이는 1층 거실에서만 아침은 별로 직원이 친절함

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Korea

First time in London and staying in a Hostel. Enjoyed my time - great experience.

They need to do something about air conditioning in the summer. Our room was 20-25 degrees C and it was impossible to sleep which kind of defeats the purpose of a hostel.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

The location was good when you needed to get to the train station which is why we chose it. Our biggest issue was the room we were in was extremely hot and humid to the point that you would wake up with your hair drenched with sweat and it actually was quite hard to sleep. There was a fan in the room but it didn't seem to help. The hallway and common spaces seemed to be a normal temperature so I'm not sure why our room was so different but it was definitely tough. Rooms were clean otherwise.

Great location --- exceptional staff. very courteous and helpful

good location and good for money to pay.