Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Very social hostel short walk to the tube station on the best line (Victoria line)

A good spot for a night or two in London, a quick jaunt from the Victoria station in the quiet streets of Pimlico. The dorms were clean and beds comfy, but the bathrooms could have been cleaner. Nice and friendly staff, crowded but good bare-bones breakfast, a good place for younger travelers.

Good hostel. However, we booked an en-suite room which only had the shower, it was strange. Toilets outside were clean, but we expected one inside our room.

Average hostel but locations great.

Perfect location (24 hour bus right outside the door which takes you to all the major places), clean rooms, kitchen/common rooms. The area is clean and safe as well with a few shops/restauarants/cafés nearby. Had a brilliant stay there and would definitely recommend to anyone coming to the city!! A big thanks to the lovely staff - they always had a smile and some piece of advice for us!

The staff were very friendly and helpful, other than the inconsiderate guests that were also staying in the room the stay would had be a good one. No complaints with the room or staff yes I would stay again.

The staff were very nice and helpful. Comfortable beds, unfortunately a bit too short for someone close to 1,90m tall. The breakfast was a big plus. Some WiFi problems occured during our stay (it was only available in the basement kitchen) and some toilets had "technical problems". The twin private was quite small, but that was no problem, there were shelves and enough room for suitcases and clothes.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Poland

the location is very good and the staff really available.

Love your staff, they are so kind and helpful :)

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

Was not a very good experience. The internet was awful, the shower was not so good. But what really bothered me was that the windows had no curtains. The good thing is that it has a good kitchen for cooking. If I come back in London I will try another hostel.

Had one of the best weekends in London! They people who work there are super nice and helpful. Excellent Free breakfast, way better than most hostels in London. I'll be back for sure. Thank you Astor Victoria!

very friendly staff, we had a good time there, but the music in the kitchen was too loud for me in the morning

The best hostel in the world! I've stayed here about 10 times now, everythings great every single time. Feels like a home away from home. The staff are always extremely friendly and will always go out their way to help with anything. The rooms are good and spacious, the whole place is clean, theres plenty of toilets

(...continued) there's plenty of toilets and showers. The two kitchens have all the plates, pans, cutlery and utensils etc you could ever need, perfect for cooking lots of risotto, pasta, chips, pizza and (if your names Christov, however you spell it) HALLOUMI!!! Every thing is brilliant. You don't get any dodgy people staying there, everyones really friendly. :) I wholeheartedly recommend Astor Victoria!

Location is perfect. The room was clean and nice, and the kitchen is really spacious, wifi works well and the common "movie room"is good. The only problem are the bathrooms. They are old and really really small! Sometimes was hard to find one available to take a shower.

Very friendly and helpful staff; the 24 hour reception is a real plus. The rooms are a bit small but clean and quiet. A great budget hostel.

• 7th Mar 2014

I had a short visit, but i enjoy it very much. But there's always something we can improve . I think the staff have to care more about the costumers. In my opinion the staff have to be more communicative , they have to create a happy and unforgettable experience.. thats what makes the diference !

Hey there, thank you for the feedback, it really help us to improve the hostel. Our staff always makes everything possible to make guests feeling like they are in their own home so we are sorry if you did not feel that was not the case although we will make it happen if you decide to come back to Astor Victoria next time in London. We hope to see you around again, The Astor Victoria Team

Movie night!! I love the room that play movie every night. Sometimes when there is no one, you can watch whatever you want. The staffs there are nice and funny!!!!

Facilities are good, staff is friendly, sheets were definitely washed but there were some suspicious spots on them, overall good value for money at an excellent location. The only problem is that the hot water occasionally stopped and we had to encounter cold showers.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Bulgaria

Hey there, thank you very much for rating us,your opinion really helps us to improve the hostel! We always appreciate if the issues are reported to reception so we can solve them on the spot that is why we are open 24/7. We hope to see you next time around! Cheers, The Astor Victoria Team

I stayed at Astor Victoria for three nights and it was good. Although I spent 90% of my time sight seeing the facilities, security bedroom, atmosphere and location were really good. It's very close to Victoria station which is perfect. The staff was helpful, and it's a good value for money. There's also free breakfast. I'd recommend staying here.

• 6th Mar 2014