Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Nice hostel close to metro that get you in 10 min in center. Ok breakfast, helpful staff, small bathrooms, little bit slow Wifi. Will stay again.

I came here with a friend for 4 nights and were quite happy with our stay.The hostel is 5 minutes from Pimlico station making it really easy to get around London! We were in a room of 8 but annoyingly there were only 2 plugs! Which made charging our phones difficult and when the room was too hot (most of the time) the fan takes up 1 plug leaving 1 to share between 8 people. The showers were awful! FAR too hot! I was close to tears from washing out my hair with scalding hot water everyday.

• 10th Sep 2013
  • Scotland

It was the first time I stayed at Astor Victoria and I will be back for sure! The staff are super helpful and friendly. Pretty much you can get everything you need for FREE (maps, padlocks, converters, breakfast, lockers...) They have plenty of travel guides and books you can borrow! The rooms and bathrooms are clean, beds are comfy and there's lots of space to storage personal stuff in the room.

Wifi was poor in reception area and nonexistent in rooms. There was no atmosphere in common areas but that might have just been the other people that were there at the same time as us. Also we asked staff for what to do on a Sunday night and got no help. But otherwise we were happy with our stay.

• 8th Sep 2013

We regret not many contacts with other people in the hostel to have had.

• 7th Sep 2013

I think the male staff should offer to carry bags for the guests, particularly as there are no lifts.

Overall it was an excellent inner city hostel. My one complaint would be, as a tall man, the beds were small and barred on all sides (meaning I couldn't even stick my legs over the side) which made my nights sleep a lot less comfortable than it should have been.

• 5th Sep 2013

Overall hostel was good. Free breakfast in the morning was great and location is really good as it is really near Victoria station. The shower was awful though :( It was tiny and no place where to hang your clothes and it didn't drain well either.

• 4th Sep 2013
  • Finland

Overall I enjoyed my time at Astor Victoria. It was my first time staying in a hostel so I dont have anything to compare it to, However it would have been nice to have more choice in breakfast. Providing bread for toast would have been nice.

• 4th Sep 2013

The hostel for the price was really good. Our room in particular was really ok, clean, bright... Showers and toilet were available at any time. Breakfast was basic, coffee plus cereals, but you can buy your own and prepare it. Location was great, and the people and roommates also. I could only complain on unwelcoming staff at the reception (not all, some of them were so lovely) who did not welcome us at all, nor show us our where our room or kitchen was. All in all,we will come here again soon.

• 3rd Sep 2013
  • Croatia

i was only here for a night to sleep as i actually am living here now however the hostel was clean secure and the breakfast was great.. good location too very close to victoria and pimlico station

Very good location and very courteous staff. One staff member let me call to my friend from her phone as i dodn´t have the phone. Extraordinary staff . highly recomended.

A very good place to stay ! The staff is super friendly and the location is great if you want to wander around Victoria/ the city center + there is everything around (shops, bus, underground...).

Had a great stay here! Booked a private double which was small, but fine. The bed wasn't all that comfortable but we made do!

Everything was fine, just problem with hot water in shower. I lived on top floor and everytime I took a shower, there was just cold water.

• 30th Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

Breakfast included, close to metro station, the staff are nice and always willing to help. They offer free printing service, which is a bonus. Free wifi but the speed is a bit slow and the signal is weak at the top floor. But they do not have any lift, which makes luggage carrying hard. By the way, they only have one fan in a dorm, which is not enough during summer.

hostel is in a very convenient location if you need the Gatwick express at Victoria Station. Despite advertising fast wifi, it was incredibly slow...too slow to use. I was also disappointed with the énsuite room. It wasn't even a bathroom, just a shower in a box. It meant that there was no privacy and no toilet either. Staff were friendly but i was glad i was only there for a night.

The wifi here is a little slow…

The shower is very tiny and my stuff got wet due to the curtain being too short

• 27th Aug 2013

Showers and washrooms are shared with each floor, not exactly dirty but not clean either. Rooms are very small, and could be quite hot in the summer. Beds are clean, although small as well. Wifi's weak but usable. Staff were friendly but not very helpful. Overall it's an okay place to stay when you're on budget and the hostel is just a place to sleep, as the security is quite good and the location okay.