Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

The best hostel in the world! I've stayed here about 10 times now, everythings great every single time. Feels like a home away from home. The staff are always extremely friendly and will always go out their way to help with anything. The rooms are good and spacious, the whole place is clean, theres plenty of toilets

(...continued) there's plenty of toilets and showers. The two kitchens have all the plates, pans, cutlery and utensils etc you could ever need, perfect for cooking lots of risotto, pasta, chips, pizza and (if your names Christov, however you spell it) HALLOUMI!!! Every thing is brilliant. You don't get any dodgy people staying there, everyones really friendly. :) I wholeheartedly recommend Astor Victoria!

Location is perfect. The room was clean and nice, and the kitchen is really spacious, wifi works well and the common "movie room"is good. The only problem are the bathrooms. They are old and really really small! Sometimes was hard to find one available to take a shower.

Very friendly and helpful staff; the 24 hour reception is a real plus. The rooms are a bit small but clean and quiet. A great budget hostel.

• 7th Mar 2014

I had a short visit, but i enjoy it very much. But there's always something we can improve . I think the staff have to care more about the costumers. In my opinion the staff have to be more communicative , they have to create a happy and unforgettable experience.. thats what makes the diference !

Hey there, thank you for the feedback, it really help us to improve the hostel. Our staff always makes everything possible to make guests feeling like they are in their own home so we are sorry if you did not feel that was not the case although we will make it happen if you decide to come back to Astor Victoria next time in London. We hope to see you around again, The Astor Victoria Team

Movie night!! I love the room that play movie every night. Sometimes when there is no one, you can watch whatever you want. The staffs there are nice and funny!!!!

Facilities are good, staff is friendly, sheets were definitely washed but there were some suspicious spots on them, overall good value for money at an excellent location. The only problem is that the hot water occasionally stopped and we had to encounter cold showers.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Bulgaria

Hey there, thank you very much for rating us,your opinion really helps us to improve the hostel! We always appreciate if the issues are reported to reception so we can solve them on the spot that is why we are open 24/7. We hope to see you next time around! Cheers, The Astor Victoria Team

I stayed at Astor Victoria for three nights and it was good. Although I spent 90% of my time sight seeing the facilities, security bedroom, atmosphere and location were really good. It's very close to Victoria station which is perfect. The staff was helpful, and it's a good value for money. There's also free breakfast. I'd recommend staying here.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Spain

This place was very clean and friendly and had lots of room if you just wanted to hang out and relax after your travels. My only complaint is that there are not enough bathrooms for the amount of people staying so you often had to wait 5 or 10 minutes for an open one. Other than that it was great and the staff was very friendly! It was also a great price for what you get and the location. I would definitely recommend!

Hey there, thank you very much for the feedback, we really appreciate. Regarding the bathrooms we do have toilets and showers in every floor so if the ones in a certain level are being used guests always can go up or down to another level and find some more! We hope to see you next time you come to London! Enjoy the rest of your travels. The Astor Victoria Team

The 'ensuite' in the room was just a shower box literally in the middle of the room with absolutely no privacy and a bad shower head and no toilet. Good location for buses/trains at Victoria. nice staff.

Hey, Thanks for the feedback. We have listed those rooms as shared facilities to avoid this problem :) We hope to see you next time in London! Enjoy, The Astor Victoria Team

Excellent location, nice and helpful staff. The cages under the bed for suitcases are a good idea to save space but they're sooo noisy! And the bathrooms are tiny, it would be nice to have a big bathroom with plugs and mirrors, as now if your roommates are sleeping you can only go in the corridor to use a hairdryer or get prepared. Breakfast was fine, the room as well :) you couldnt expect much more in london for that price :) thank you!!

The stairs were troublesome being on the top floor with a large suitcase. Rooms were clean, but bathrooms and kitchen could have been cleaner. Good breakfast! Great stay overall.

Hey! Thanks very much for your comment, it really helps us improving the hostel. We clean the bathrooms and the kitchen three times per day to have them ready for our customers but for sure we will work even harder so it's perfect next time you stay with us. Enjoy, The Astor Victoria Team

This hostel is all about location! Few minutes walk to the Victoria Line (Pimlico), 15 minutes walk to westminister/London and close to Victoria Station. If you are aware of noices from doors, beds and people this is not a place for you, but if you are okey with this and just need a place to sleep at night it is brilliant! Loved the staff, especially the girl with the nosepiercing=)

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Norway

Hey, Thank you very much for the comment! we hope to see you next time in London :) Enjoy, The Astor Victoria Team

I really enjoyed my stay. It is clean, the staff is very nice and I had everything I needed. The best was the Location! I could walk to nearly every attraction in less than 15min.

The staff tell us very poor information about the place to eat/to enjoy the night. noisy rooms

Was a great stay! The area is perfect and the staff is amazing. We had so much fun and felt perfectly safe.

• 28th Feb 2014

A very high standard, well located near major tube line.

i really like it... the staff was very very nice and helpful. they provided many things for free like padlockers and internet and luggage store :) i would stay there again

• 27th Feb 2014

Perfect location, good wifi reception, cool staff. The breakfast is fine, the shower is pretty small but the room is fine.

They even printed out my ticket for free!

• 26th Feb 2014