Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

there had wifi, but i couldnt connect, i asked staff but they just ask me try later but i still couldnt use it during my stay.

A well located hostel, would absolutely be my choice next time going there again

• Indonesia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It's really a good place to stay and make friends!

• China

Excellent location and very good, young atmosphere. Carpets were a bit old worn out.. Generally satisfied.

Very excellent place to go, me and my friends from Brazil went there and we loved the staff, the hole place, the service, it was so happy and also a very good hostel to stay and to enjoy meeting other people from all around the world (really close to many attractions). Very good work! :]

• 24th Dec 2013

The beds are confortable, but the bedrooms are a bit tight and if one of the guests hadn't bring extra pulg ins the number of plug ins of the room would be insuficient for the numer of guests. The breakfast is good and the commum room is very pleasant, it has 2 computers, movies, magazines and sofas. The staff was inattentive. I gave my drivers license as a deposit for the room key, and they returned 5 pounds. I forgot that I had given my document and so did they. It is still at the hostel.

The staff were really wonderful, kind people who helped us a lot. However, the facilities can be improved. For example, in a 6-bed room there are only 2 sockets, which were totally not enough for all. Also, the shower in en-suite is not practical because the hooks are outside. Even though we were all female, it still felt embarrassing so we ended up using the showers outside. Also the wheels of the under-bed cages were super noisy; they need some oil.

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

I totally recomend this hostel: great location, friendly staff, great service, nice rooms. My only problem was the absence of a lift because my luggage was very heavy, but the staff were great and helped me with it. ;)

very good!!

Really liked this hostel, one of the best ones I've stayed in in London (I've tried about 5 this year in London alone lol!) only thing I could say is wifi needs to be stronger - couldn't get it in room 16 which is close to reception. Also, brekkie is a bit basic and could be displayed a bit better - didn't know if coffee/tea was included but couldn't find it! Would def stay here again for it's location alone.

Location is good . Staffs are nice . Room is small. Met nice people here. A bit expensive overall. Maybe it is London.

It is nice hostel with friendly staff. I travelled alone in London, and made some friends during my stay. It is very near to Victoria station.

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

I enjoyed staying at Astor Hostel. I was in a female dorm and met some nice people staying there. However, the ensuite shower did not have any curtains or changing areas, so I felt it was very awkward.

Around 10-15 mins walking from Victoria tube station. Environment is great and staff is really helpful. I stayed in share room and the cleanliness was awesome too. Will stay in and longer next time.

This hostel was great!! It had a really young, friendly atmosphere and was really clean. The location was just one Tube stop from Buckingham Palace and then one more from Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Parliament and the Eye! Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

• 18th Dec 2013

None of the staff I interacted with spoke good english and getting answers from them was very difficult. The heater was cold in the room and the breakfast was very bad - no bread, no butter, just some cereals and some diluted juice (and this was at 8:30 am, not at the end of breakfast time). I always stay at this hostel when i go to London and this time was my first not great experience.

The atmosphere in the hostel was great, and so was the kitchen that everyone could use. One slight comment: the toilets were quite dirty in the morning, often also without toilet paper.

• 15th Dec 2013

Best hostel I've seen in London. Very youth oriented, friendly, and low key.

• 15th Dec 2013

I came into my room to find that I had no blanket, I came down to reception to ask them for a blanket and the worker said that it should have been there from the morning and that I just don't see it- I slept under my coat! Also top bunks had no plugs or light, and the plugs in the common room didn't work at all...the only way I could charge my phone is through the computer in the computer room and charge it on there (thank god i have an iphone!) - instead of sleeping while it charges next to me.

The only down side is that there were only 2 plugs available in the room which is very not enough

• 14th Dec 2013