Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Great levels of cleanliness; very poor location, had to walk miles to get away; no outside seating areas; wifi was intermittent in rooms; breakfast selection was terrible; some of the staff had very heavy accents but they were pleasant and helpful.

This place has improved incredibly lot since last year!The staff was very nice,helpful and the breakfast was much better too! The only thing I would mention is to clean the microvawe more often because it is used by so many of us, heating not only drinks and I felt it really needed a good wash! I really enjoyed myself! I would stay here at any time in the future!Please extend the age limit to 40 so I can stay there for another 5 years :-) :-) :-)

Very nice place, good beds, quite room, enough of showers and toilet, well equipped kitchen and perfect location. Could not have asked for more! :D

Great hostel, close to major attractions of London and very convenient for moving inside the city. Friendly staff and very good breakfast!

• 10th Aug 2013

Nice place to stay,clean and with a lot of facilities (2 kitchens and lots of bathrooms and showers). the only problem was that the common area (with the tv) is really small, so it is a bit difficult to stay there and you have to spend your free time in the kitchen

Everything was great!

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

It's a great pleace to stay with many nice people to meet and an amazing atmospher!!!

• 9th Aug 2013

I enjoyed my stay but it was difficult to be in different rooms with my boyfriend. It would've been nice to know these kind of things before arriving to the hostel. Breakfast was ok and the rooms were clean. Showers could've been cleaner.

• 9th Aug 2013
  • Finland

Hostel was good, stayed there twice in this trip. Wifi wasn't quite good enough for skype but had no other troubles with it. Bathrooms werent the cleanest but it was ok. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Also stored luggage for free whilst I went away for a few days.

Room smelled really bad. Bathrooms always clogged and dirty. Showers dirty too. Rooms really small. No elevator so I had to climb 4 floors of stairs. On the positive side the staff was really helpful and polite. He location is good too, close to the victoria station and close to a subway. Not far from many attractions. Wouldn't go again.

Thanks to the staff, I had a very nice stay at the Astor Victoria !

• 7th Aug 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here last minute as it was close to the Victoria Coach station and we needed to leave very early in the morning. The guy working that night was more than helpful and extremely friendly and welcoming. We did not get a chance to use the kitchen, but the common area was very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

over all a good stay. though the room I stayed in was always super hot and damp cause you could hardly open the window and there was a shower in the room and the generally hot weather... And I didn't get much sleep due to the loud, bright lit street. Also no elevator and 4 floors. The breakfast was pretty poor compared to other hostels in this pricing area but that's London I guess...The rest of it was quiet good. Nice staff, lockers, a tv room with netflix!... I would stay there again :)

Friendly staff, nice environment and really good value! Its really quite in the rooms here too, the staff were better than in most hotels!!! I didn't really join in because I was too tired but everyone seemed to get along really well and there was a nice relaxed vibe, everyone drinking a few beers and chatting!!!

• 6th Aug 2013
  • Wales

Really nice hostel

I stayed there for a week with my boyfriend. We found the hostel clean, no noise. Just the wi - fi wasn't working in our room as fast as it could for example in the common room.

• 4th Aug 2013

It's more close to the Pimlico station that Victoria. Otherwise it's a great hostel.

The staff can be described as young slackers (especially a friendly young lad, whose name escapes me) who gave back incorrect change in our favour twice (I guess that's a good thing?). The hostel has a nice and laid-back feel. Location is good, a very classy area near Pimlico tube station. Large common areas and kitchen. The only real problem was the tendency of the fire alarm to go off - daily. Washing machines didn't work. No lifts. Overall though, pretty top stuff.

It's a cheap bed in london, that was ok, but the rooms are claustrophobic and if the weather is hot, then they are stuffy and brutal to stay in, no fans or anything. Backpackers who stay there don't seem to understand hostel courtesy, they leave the lights on all night and talk and gimp around on their computers noisily. There is one shower for the floor and it's so small you can hardly turn around in it, the shower curtains smell of mold, and they don;t seem overly clean.

Awesome place to stay. Staff were nice, other backpackers were awesome. Very clean and in a good location.