Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Really enjoyed my stay at Astor. Really friendly staff, great location - just walking distance from Victoria and many of Londons most famous landmarks. At night it was surprisingly quiet considering its such a large hostel and given the central location. Room was clean and spacious but no air conditioning and the shower was a little mouldy around the edges but for a short stay on the budget I would definitely recommend!

The rooms were cramped but everything else was great. I had a good time.

There is a 24h bus in front of the hostel Great location !

Shower facilities were small.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Its my first stay in the Hostel, The room is really small, just enough for the beds which are bunk beds. There is not even a chair where you can sit in the room. My bed was on the second level so I only slept there. It was also really HOT at night since the door was closed most of the time. the sinks in the showers were also really small for some reason. Location is good, staff was helpful and nothing got stolen during my stay! Internet worked!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Russia

Everything is very nice.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The location was perfect for accessing London's major sites.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

Thanks for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back next time your in London. All the best, the team @ Astor Victoria

Amazing Team & Staff, definitely come back again !!

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

We stayed for a week and we enjoyed it! Breakfast was warm breads with a couple of spreads, the staff was friendly and the room (6person female dorm) was big enough and had all we needed. Since it is summer it was really hot in the rooms, hotter than it was outside. Great location near Victoria Station and on walking distance to the city centre.

• 20th Jul 2014

Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay here! We would love to welcome you back whenever you're in London next. Sorry about the heat in the room, the historic buildings don't allow us to install central air. Hope you're enjoying the rest of your travels (: The team @ Astor Victoria

매우 좋은 위치, 친절한 스텝, 밝은 분위기, 괜찮았던 조식 상당히 편하게 만족하며 머물렀다

Though the pictures make the hostel look really engaging and fun, our stay was terrible. First, London was sweltering hot and none of the windows in our room opened so it turned into a hotbox during the day and didn't cool down at night. The bunks were crammed in so close the door wouldn't shut without slamming it. My bed locker wouldn't close properly and I nearly broke my thumb trying to get it to work. The bathrooms are smaller than a broom closet. Showers take some serious muscle to turn on.

I found the corridors quite a bit small considering that it's close to Victoria and people who have to catch an early flight will stay there. I had an average sized suitcase and found it difficult to carry it to my room, let alone the space in the room was a bit limited. You have some metal framework underneath your bed and you can put a padlock on it, but other people can still see what you've put in there.

The hard part was the stairs

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The manager and staff have rather poor customer service skills. If you see me waiting to talk to you at the desk, acknowledge me and say "sorry. I'll be with you in a few mins". Don't keep me standing there forever while you chitchat. My questions only required a few seconds to answer yet I ended up waiting for at least 10 mins and there were two staff members working.

• 16th Jul 2014

Really good location, close to Victoria Station which pretty much can get you everywhere. Staff are helpful. It's safe and clean, common area is cozy and chill. Very pleasant stay indeed in London!

Great location, friendly staff and atmosphere. Only downside not enough power points in room but plenty downstairs which keeps it social

I liked this hostel, quite quiet though which meant I got a good nights sleep. Very central to the places I needed to be. They gave me a hair dryer too and breakfast was lovely.

Bathrooms small

• 14th Jul 2014

Enjoyed my stay here! Lots of areas (reception, kitchen, chill out room) to meet new people.

Great location, nice staff. Really good hostel, it was my fthird time there and I think not last!