Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

a girl apparently was robbed and the hostel didn't offer to much help. but besides this, was a nice place. plenty bathroom, large kitchen, good bf, near to london eye, big ben, queen's palace and you can reach on walk from victoria coach station.

Positives: great location, around the corner from metro, decent beds, movie room, free wifi in room, cheap breakfast. Negatives: bathroom shortage, not the cleanest, no outlets next to beds.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The atmosphere was really nice! Keep up the good work :)

• 15th Aug 2015

Hallo, many thanks for taking your time to leave us some feedback. We're so happy you've enjoyed your time with us in London! You could not be anymore kind, the team loves to hear our guests are having a great time. We look forward to the day you do come and stay with again in the magical London. Lots of Love, The Astor Victoria Family!

Keep up the great work!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Indonesia

Hi , many thanks for taking your time to leave us some feedback. High Five! We're so happy you've enjoyed your time with us in London. We look forward to the day you do come and stay with again in the magical London. Lots of Love, The Astor Victoria Family!

everything was amazing!!

• 14th Aug 2015

Kind of disappointed with this stay. They really shouldn't block whatsapp from making calls! Most tourists rely on whatsapp to meet up with local people they may be visiting and this makes things really difficult. My room was also weirdly messy. Lots of random wrappers and trash everywhere that seemed like they had been there for a long time. The staff were friendly though, I came in with a pretty bad bout of food poisoning and they offered me bread and water to settle my stomach.

Of the two showers on my floor, one was unusable because the shower handle would only turn a quarter rotation (which meant boiling hot water) and if pulled, the handle would come straight off.

• 13th Aug 2015

Really enjoyed our stay, from Texas with love!

• 13th Aug 2015

Good stay. Wifi was relatively very good, and had a movie room with Netflix which was cool. Location was good, about 15 min walk to buckingham palace and little longer walk or short train ride to Big Ben area. Showers and toilets are both all single stalls. Toilets are tiny, but everything was clean for the most part. Good atmosphere, pretty easy to meet people.

Staff was amazing and the place was great!! You can walk or underground to everything because it's in such a fantastic location! When I go back to London that's where I will stay!

• 12th Aug 2015

Astor Victoria is a great place to meet new people and have fun. They were kind and accommodating when I had a problem with my previous place and ended up having to book a night earlier than I initially thought I would need. They extended my stay a day early and managed to keep me in the same room the entire time I was there.It's conveniently close to the Victoria line, allowing you to get everywhere in the city via the tube with ease. Avoid the Pimlico station, sketch area.

Amazing atmosphere, great and friendly staff, price-worthy accommodation and central location!

I stayed there with my brothers (it was their first time in UK and their first hostel experience), they were a bit afraid of staying in a hostel (in a room with other people), and they were not very happy about the idea of leaving all their belongings in a hostel, because they were not sure about the security. After the stay they could strongly say they were happy with everything and they would give this hostel 10 out of 10! Thank you very much!

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Lithuania

Amazing place!

Wifi is so terrible. Could barely connect and the communal computer was always in use. The free printing was nice though. More of a party hostel than a just for sleep hostel. If you're looking for a quiet place probably look elsewhere. The breakfast is a nice quick breakfast and always goes to a good cause. They do have events pretty much every night for the guests if you're interested.

• 10th Aug 2015

Great location right on an awesome bus route which takes you basically everywhere that you want in London.

This place has it all! It's walking distance from all the tourist locations. Computer access, laundry service, movie room, game room, fully equipped kitchen, several refrigerators. If you absolutely did not like London, you would have been just fine to stay in at the hostel. Great experience, I would recommend it to anyone wanting to meet people and have a good time in London.

Being in a room that backed onto the reception was very loud. I didn't necessarily agree with music blasting out in reception after midnight and the reception staff were extremely loud. I thought there needed to be a bit more respect. Just because the reception was available 24 hours, doesn't mean everyone else needs to be awake!

Hey there, many thanks for taking the time to leave us a feedback. We do have a policy to keep the noise on a minimum level after 9pm inside the rooms and after midnight in the common areas. Music is always on at reception but is never too loud. We hope you've had a good stay anyway and we wish to see you again in the lovely London, always @ Astor Victoria Hostel. Lots of Love, The Astor Victoria Family!

Maybe you could add one extra computer, so that people don't have to queue up for printing or checking theri e-mails. You should also consider putting something like shelves or plastic baskets in the shower rooms, so that people can avoid leaving their stuff on the floor while taking a shower.

• 9th Aug 2015

Hey there, many thanks for taking your time to leave us a feedback. We have one free computer at reception but you can send us an email from any device to print off documents (we have free print service) so you don't really need to queue up for that. We have pipes box into every shower, probably you picked the one without it but we will check it for you and we will replace it. Hope to see you again in the lovely London, always @ Astor Victoria Hostel. Big Hug, The Astor Victoria Family!

Almost everything was great. Location is perfect. I think room was small for 6 people and it was too hot day&night. There was a fan in the room and it was open mostly at nights. Because of the fan room was noisy, it was hard to sleep with its noise.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

Hey there, many thanks for taking the time to leave us a feedback. We're so glad you've enjoyed your stay and the location. We think the room are spacious enough in order to guarantee a nice night sleep. It's not so common an hot temperature in London, probably August is not the right time! Hahahahah :D Hope to see you again in the enchanting city of London, always @ Astor Victoria Hostel. Lots of Love, The Astor Victoria Family!