Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Enjoyed my stay here! Lots of areas (reception, kitchen, chill out room) to meet new people.

Great location, nice staff. Really good hostel, it was my fthird time there and I think not last!

I do NOT recommend this hostel! The location is the only good part about it. There are other hostels in the area that you can stay at. We had room 32, it was in the basement, next to the bathrooms so our room smelt like sewage throughout our stay. The wifi was so weak it could only be found in specific parts of the room. The front desk staff was always rude, not helpful. The bathrooms and showers were dirty - water filled up like a bathtub - SO GROSS! Only two wall outlets in a room of 4 beds.

We can get on 24 hours bus. But shower facilities was not good.

Fantastic location, clean facilities and really helpful and friendly staff.

Stairs are very steep and you are out of breath for five minutes every time I got in my room (4th floor). Room was quite hot at night. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast times kitchen is packed. Good location nit far from bus or train station or tube.

Disgusting toilets!!! Not enough outlet powers to everyone... Location is ok, as you can reach pretty much everywhere by subway.

Good hostel; the location was really close to Victoria Coach Station and most tourist attractions.

The only drinkable water source is the sink in the kitchen. Sinks in the rooms and bathrooms are all marked 'do not drink.' Only 3 lockable luggage cages in a room for 4 people. Not enough bathrooms for a hostel this size (though we read that complaint for other hostels in London as well). Internet signal was so weak that in our room on the fourth floor it did not even register as an available network (not a device issue and other areas of the building the signal was weak or nonexistant).

Very nice hostel with wonderful staff and a good location close to victoria station.

Exactly what you should expect from a youth hostel. The storage lockers under the beds are big but not fully secure for small items. Location is really nice, not too far from the Victoria or Pimlico tube stations. Staff is extremely helpful and they want you to be as comfortable as possible. It's a classic youth hostel atmosphere! The showers are really small but are good and can get as hot as you like. Overall a good standard experience.

Bad points: Very dirty place, cleaners do not clean the rooms' floors neither toilet's floors. The kitchen was very dirty too. Good points: This hostel is very well located, some (not all) staff people are cool.

Everything about the hostel was ideal except for how many people were there. it was definitely packed full of young people, which is fun but makes things like getting a decent breakfast difficult. I would recommend more staff during breakfast so that people aren't battling for coffee or breakfast rolls.

This is an awesome hostel! Clean, great location near all of the major sites to see and lots of great places to eat and drink nearby. When asking the front desk staff for directions and things to do they were exceptional. Dan made me a list of all the things I should do in London and how to get there! He was very happy to assist me and made my stay extra special. There was a kitchen with all of the equipment to make my own meals and they provided a breakfast. Highly recommend this hostel!

This hostel is clean and the staff are friendly. I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends :)

Thank you very much! We will be so happy to welcome you and any of your friends back! Enjoy the rest of your travels, The Team

The hostel was clean, although some of the toilets weren't. The room was comfortable, but there were only two wall sockets, which is not enough for a 4 bed room. The location was great, but I found the room a bit too expensive, having stayed at another Astor hostel just one month ago which was a lot cheaper and the toilets cleaner. Also, they didn't have a 'maximum 2 bread rolls' policy for breakfast.

The hostel is very good for yough people, good service facilities and location. The only thing that I didn't like was that they gave us diferent rooms even when we made the reservation for three people. For the rest I do recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Location is fantastic. 5-7 minute walk from tube

Toilets and shared showers weren't the cleanest, breakfast is quite basic, a lot of stairs to the top floor!

Hey there, thank you very much for taking your time rating the hostel, feedback is really important to us. We are sorry if you did not find the cleanliness as good as you expected. Our lovely staff work hard to keep everything as clean as possible, specially now that the hostel is full everyday and there are so many people using the facilities at all times. However we will make sure everything is perfect if you decide to return to Astor Victoria. Enjoy the rest of your travels, The team

This is a nice hostel in a great location with super friendly staff. However, the beds (at least the one we had) are really uncomfortable. Upgrade those and it'll be awesome!