Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

I had a really bad time. The bathrooms are so small that the water falls out of the sink when washing your hands. I had to wait about 20 min to do the check in since the guy who served me was too friendly and the rest of the staff would not bother. my room was supposed to be for 6 and there was a couple sleeping on a bed, so it was 7. if you can afford something better go for it. This place is for very low budget students. the location and wifi were the only good things.

Really friendly staff, nice free breakfast, easy to make friends, great location, wifi available everywhere

Good hostel in a central location. Staff are reasonable and downstairs kitchen area has a good atmosphere. Just have to deal with the staircases!

Everyone was very helpful when needed and had a very favorable luggage policy compared to another London Hostel we visited. A bit disconcerting that there was a warning in our room to not drink the tap water. Only place on our visit where we encountered such a warning.

• 28th Jun 2014

Good location, friendly staff. The standout was definitely the amount of valuable information posted on the walls including transport information to each airport with estimated costs and times!

there's just two plugs in the room. Wifi was great. Hostel staff was alright. cleanliness was good. about 15mins to 20 mins walk to victoria station, but you can take bus 24 to get there.

A decent hostel in a good part of London. However it wasn't the cleanest, it felt a bit cramped, and the breakfast was crazy and often ran out. One staff member, who checked me in, was super friendly; the others really didn't seem to bother. I'd stay at the Queensway instead next time.

Great hostel, friendly staff and great location! I highly recommend Astor Victoria to anyone looking for a hostel to stay in while visiting London!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Norway

One of the staff is very nice, thank you. Other staff just so so. Toilet has too little space. Shower facilities need to be improved, I try three: one is too little water, one is too hard to open, one is even cool water...the breakfast is only bread

the reception lady named Dres (i think) was excellent, very helpful.

Hey there! Thank you very much for the comment and for the cheescake :) We hope to see you next time you come to London! Enjoy, Dreis

Great hostel in such a cute area! I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone needing a place to crash in London.

Thanks for the great review! We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future!! The team @ Astor Victoria

This was a nice hostel but a little pricey for the overall standard. The 24 hour check-in was great and staff were accommodating with my delayed arrival time. It was easy to find and get to places from and was on a quieter residential street which was great.

Hey there! Thank you very much for taking your time rating us. We hope to see you next time around. Cheers, The Astor Victoria Team

I like this hostel best in London It's placed in calm and easy to access tube and 24 hours bus and also providing breakfast :) I was happy and had a nice journey in here ;)

The hostel was in a nice neighborhood. We stayed in June an the rooms were a bit too warm, even with the window open and fan on.

Hey! Thank you very much for rating us, we really appreciate it. We are very sorry about the issue with the heating. Warm nights are not usually common in London so normally it's more than enough with just opening the window to keep the rooms fresh. We hope to see you in the near future and will sure everything is perfect for you guys. Cheers. The Astor Victoria Team

Loved my stay here and would recommend it to anyone travelling to London within a heartbeat. Free WiFi, use of their locker system and also use of a hair dryer and straightener were added benefits!

Hey! Thank you very much. We loved the fact you came back afterwards! Having returning guests is always a pleasure. We hope to see you next time you come to London. Enjoy the rest of Europe! :) Cheers, The Team

Good location, very close to Victoria Stn. Friendly staff. Toilet rooms and showers rooms were a bit cramped. In my dorm only outlets were near door making it hard to charge devices and the fan's power cord was under the door so it unplugged everytime the door was opened.

Hey there! Thank you very much for your comment! We really like to hear what our guests think about the hostel so we can improve it. We will make sure everything is perfect next time you stay with us. Enjoy the rest of your travels. Cheers, The Astor Victoria Team

The staff were uber friendly and the place had a good vibe. Apart from the boiling heat (which no one could do anything about) I had a great nights sleep. My only negative comment would be that there was no toilet paper in the toilets on my floor for a few hours even though it was mentioned to the staff. Apart from that - bueno :)

• 23rd Jun 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Also, thank you for bringing that issue to our attention. We apologize that it wasn't replaced promptly. We hope to welcome you back to Astor Victoria in the future. The team @ Astor Victoria

Wifi was weak and hard to stay connected to, but everything else was great!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Hey! Thanks for taking your time commenting us! It really helps us to improve the hostel. We are very sorry if you had issues connecting to the wifi, we haven't noticed any problems with it but we appreciate you brought that to our attention so we can have a look into it. Hoping to see you next time you come to London. Best wishes, The Team

The hostel was really cool and they had activities in the hostel, such as movie night or music of your choice in the lounge. The staff was super helpful with everything, providing books, bandaids and takeaway menus for us when we needed them. The toilets and showers were really small but still okay. There were always tons of people in the kitchen to talk with, watch tv, and drink with. Very chill and relaxed.

Wifi is not very stable, however it has a fantastic movie room.