Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

The breakfast is simple good. The staff can give useful information. You can borrow a hairdryer during your stay. Maybe it is an old apartment, so you need to climb up the stairs. But I love the interior design.

I felt very safe here as everyone needed a card key to enter the hostel and their room. The location was great. Walking distance to the bus stop, metro and major attractions like Buckingham Palace, Green Park, etc. Staff were nice, but a better hostel would mean staff would interact more with guests. Hostel has nice lounge rooms with plenty of helpful tourist info. Bathrooms could have been cleaner, some clogged toilets and hair all over the place. Wifi did not always work!

Everything is perfect for a backpacker.

Thanks for your review. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels. Hope to see you back here soon. The team @ Astor Victoria

Strange atmosphere in this hostel, staff and customers were not interested in communicating with new people. Toilets and showers were dirty, midges were flying and stuck on the walls. Water sinks not easy to use, hot water tap was boiling water. Metallic baskets under beds for securizing stuff were noisy when opening and dangerous for fingers. Only one internet computer available for all the hostel Free breakfast but low quality of food.

Staff were very friendly and helpful and overall the hostel was fantastic value for money - especially for central London! Only downside was the shower. It was very small and not quite as clean as the rest of the hostel.

• 10th Jun 2014

Really nice hostel but more bathrooms needed!

• 10th Jun 2014

This hostel was disappointing. Out of the 5 hostels we stayed in between Ireland and England, this was out least favorite. It is an alright location, about a 10/15(with luggage) minute walk from the Victoria train station. Once we arrived, however, we had to climb 3 flights of stairs to our room. We booked an ensuite bathroom, but that was pointless- the shower was a drip of water along the wall. Use the shared ones. Wifi doesn't work upstairs. Breakfast is alright but a complete mess.

the best hostel I have been in my trip! I had very nice days there. Thank you!!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

I was very satisfied with this hostel, will come back when I'll return back in London

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Thanks for the great review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. Looking forward to welcoming you back! The team @ Astor Victoria

I had a nice stay. Nothing to complain about.

I stayed at the Astor Victoria for two weeks while doing a work placement in London. I knew before I arrived that a hostel probably wouldnt be the best place for someone getting up early and going to bed early. However I was surprised how good the experience was. The staff were friendly and helpful, the showers and toilets were clean. It wasn't too noisy which was great for me. Good base for anyone staying in London.

• 8th Jun 2014

It's a quite good hostel. The stuffs are really helpful and friendly. Bathrooms and rooms are clean. From the hostel you can easily reach the Big Ban, Leicester Square, Camden Town by 24th Bus which is available 24 hours, the bus stop is very close. Also you can find very good café Pimlico Fresh Victoria with tasty and not expensive food.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Amazing! Will definitely stay here again!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

It takes about 20 mins to walk from Astor Vic to London Vic... Pimlico Station is closer. But of coz bus is the most convenient way to visit London. No esculator, a bit harsh to carry luggage to the fourth or fifth floor. Nice breakfast and quite clean... The sockets are a bit far from your bed. Anyway, nice exp to stay in Astor Vic!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

I really liked the location. I only had to walk 15 minutes to get to the Buckingham Palace or to Big Ben, two major attractions. We had bins under our beds which we could lock, there was a room to store our luggage on arrival and departure day. The kitchen was small, cleanliness was ok and toilets/showers were individual (shared but only one at a time, instead of many showers in the same room for example).

Astor was a really great hostel in terms of meeting people. The common room and kitchen make it really easy to just chat with other travellers. The staff are really friendly and are always down to help with whatever you need. Cages under the beds are nice and secure. Some of the showers weren't that great, but other than that no complaints.

So good! I have stayed in a few hostels in my time and Astor's Victoria was the best! The walk from Victoria a little far (but not too far, that you can't walk). The staff are the friendliest I've met, and so happy to help,

Hello Grant, thanks so much for your awesome review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor Victoria! We look forward to welcoming you back soon! All the best. The team

The staff was very friendly. I almost felt bad for not keeping up with their niceties and smiles. My stay at Astor Victoria was nice and relatively peaceful, except for one night when the fire alarm went off three times in one night. Breakfast was adequate but I have to say that there were too few hooks in the shower rooms as well as all too small sinks in the toilets. Rinsing your face without wetting the floor was quite a challenge.

Little bit disappointed with the service & room overall. Specifically: there were a bunch of people sitting on each other's laps behind the front desk pretty preoccupied and I wasn't sure who to interrupt to let me check in! When I did get to my room on the ground floor the door was jammed open with a fan. It turns out this was necessary because the door was so noisy that whenever anyone came or went it'd wake up the whole room. However, the location was truly excellent.

I enjoyed my stay. no complaints.