Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

I found the corridors quite a bit small considering that it's close to Victoria and people who have to catch an early flight will stay there. I had an average sized suitcase and found it difficult to carry it to my room, let alone the space in the room was a bit limited. You have some metal framework underneath your bed and you can put a padlock on it, but other people can still see what you've put in there.

The hard part was the stairs

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The manager and staff have rather poor customer service skills. If you see me waiting to talk to you at the desk, acknowledge me and say "sorry. I'll be with you in a few mins". Don't keep me standing there forever while you chitchat. My questions only required a few seconds to answer yet I ended up waiting for at least 10 mins and there were two staff members working.

• 16th Jul 2014

Really good location, close to Victoria Station which pretty much can get you everywhere. Staff are helpful. It's safe and clean, common area is cozy and chill. Very pleasant stay indeed in London!

Great location, friendly staff and atmosphere. Only downside not enough power points in room but plenty downstairs which keeps it social

I liked this hostel, quite quiet though which meant I got a good nights sleep. Very central to the places I needed to be. They gave me a hair dryer too and breakfast was lovely.

Bathrooms small

• 14th Jul 2014

Enjoyed my stay here! Lots of areas (reception, kitchen, chill out room) to meet new people.

Great location, nice staff. Really good hostel, it was my fthird time there and I think not last!

We can get on 24 hours bus. But shower facilities was not good.

Fantastic location, clean facilities and really helpful and friendly staff.

Stairs are very steep and you are out of breath for five minutes every time I got in my room (4th floor). Room was quite hot at night. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast times kitchen is packed. Good location nit far from bus or train station or tube.

Disgusting toilets!!! Not enough outlet powers to everyone... Location is ok, as you can reach pretty much everywhere by subway.

Good hostel; the location was really close to Victoria Coach Station and most tourist attractions.

The only drinkable water source is the sink in the kitchen. Sinks in the rooms and bathrooms are all marked 'do not drink.' Only 3 lockable luggage cages in a room for 4 people. Not enough bathrooms for a hostel this size (though we read that complaint for other hostels in London as well). Internet signal was so weak that in our room on the fourth floor it did not even register as an available network (not a device issue and other areas of the building the signal was weak or nonexistant).

Very nice hostel with wonderful staff and a good location close to victoria station.

Exactly what you should expect from a youth hostel. The storage lockers under the beds are big but not fully secure for small items. Location is really nice, not too far from the Victoria or Pimlico tube stations. Staff is extremely helpful and they want you to be as comfortable as possible. It's a classic youth hostel atmosphere! The showers are really small but are good and can get as hot as you like. Overall a good standard experience.

Bad points: Very dirty place, cleaners do not clean the rooms' floors neither toilet's floors. The kitchen was very dirty too. Good points: This hostel is very well located, some (not all) staff people are cool.

Everything about the hostel was ideal except for how many people were there. it was definitely packed full of young people, which is fun but makes things like getting a decent breakfast difficult. I would recommend more staff during breakfast so that people aren't battling for coffee or breakfast rolls.

This is an awesome hostel! Clean, great location near all of the major sites to see and lots of great places to eat and drink nearby. When asking the front desk staff for directions and things to do they were exceptional. Dan made me a list of all the things I should do in London and how to get there! He was very happy to assist me and made my stay extra special. There was a kitchen with all of the equipment to make my own meals and they provided a breakfast. Highly recommend this hostel!