Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

This hostel is in a great location, (grocery stores, restaurants and two tube stations very close by) the staff is so helpful and friendly, they have great extras like a movie room with tv and netflix, laundry facilities and rentals like adapters and hair appliances. Sometimes I found that it could be little cleaner, however overall it was great. I would not only recommend but I would also stay again. Co-ed rooms only, (at least that was the only option I was given upon my booking).

• 2nd Jun 2014

The breakfast was a little lite, but it worked. I felt very safe and was very comfortable. The only issue was not having enough outlets in the rooms.

The showers were so slimy you could easily slip and the room was small as I couldn't open the locker under my bed without blocking the door from opening.

Place was excellent overall, only down side was that the room I had the people already there was in the bed allocated to me

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Wales

Hello Tania, thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor Victoria! Sorry about someone taking your bed, next time, let us know and we will get that situation sorted promptly!! Hope to see you back soon(: The team

Great hostel! The location is perfect, close to transportation and sites but still relatively quiet. Breakfast was slightly above average, they had nutella! Staff was friendly, rooms were clean. The atmosphere was great. Would definitely recommend.

Good breakfast!

Very recommendable hostel. Mostly clean, very safe and in good neighbourhood (close enough to the main attractions and far away enough to not be overpriced, eg food). Very helpfull staff.

Hi everybody, we spent 3 nights there in a room for six. It was a really great place (good situation, room, bed and bathroom clean). The staff is always available and very nice, especially a spanish man. It's a good deal if you are a "poor" student. Moreover we meet a lot of people from all over the world, it's very pleasant. On avait un peu peur au début on ne savait pas sur quoi tomber mais ce fut une belle surprise. On recommande cette auberge et on y retournera. Big kiss from France Justine

• 29th May 2014

Nice hostel for a short stay, the walls where very thin son it was difficult to sleep during the night (very noisy) and even thought the location was vert close to Victoria Station, it was a residential neighborhood so at night was very dark and no people around. I didm;t feel safe walking on my own at night around the hostel. Breakfast was average (you have to clean your own dishes) and the rooms were okay.

Fun hostel to stay in and great staff!

Very lovely stay, nice beds, good reception, thank you!

• 26th May 2014
  • China

Not too far from next Tube stations, but relatively quiet because of that. Good breakfast, very welcoming atmosphere, my 6 bed dorm had enough space for everyone and their baggage, lots of small details just right (like free printing), and good WiFi at least in the attractive common rooms. Overall very nice place! The only disadvantages coming to my mind: Noisy drawer under the bed. But it makes your stuff hard to steal ;-)

My most favourite hostel in London, ive been back many times. the staff are great, especially their manager, she is great! the movie room is awesome, wifi works well. breakfast is well done. great location and all. highly reccommend it and do reccommend it to my friends.

• 25th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff was superb. Location was a bit far off from Victoria, it is actually closer to Pimlico station on the Victoria Line; the other nearest public transportation would be bus 24 that will take you to Victoria station with 2 stops. The staircases are narrow, and the walls are thin. Room is really small and I am not a fan of carpet flooring because it seems dusty. Toilets were ok, I had my own shower inside the room which was another weird thing. The beds are good and sheets are clean.

Great Hostel, I will warn you that the internet connection could be better. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Great access to Central London. The staff is friendly and very helpful.

We loved stay there. The location Is excellent. You can walk 10 min to victoria station, and 20 min to the palace. Also, all staffs are so helpful. We would like to back soon.

• 24th May 2014

Great stay, super friendly and helpful staff!! loved it

Good staff, disappointed by the cleanliness, the bedroom and the bathroom were dirty. Free breakfast, but only available between 8 and 10 am, so nothing if you have to catch your flight earlier. I saw better hostels in my life.

The hostel felt secure, and the beds were comfortable. I appreciated the free breakfast but only ate there once. The breakfast hours were 8-10, I recall, and I got an earlier start some days. The bathroom sink was very narrow, so there was often water on the floor of the bathroom. I'm not sure how this could be remedied because of the small space. There were never paper towels either. There are locks to borrow though they ran out when I was there. I had to buy my own. Good value overall.

• 23rd May 2014

Proximity to Victoria line was very good, but every time I entered the building there were semi-dressed people smoking at the front door. It wasn't a good look. The door of my room (14) squeaked so loudly that it woke everybody up. Every single time somebody use it. This was the most disappointing breakfast I've ever had. A bowl of crunchy sugar with skim milk, and two small rolls of dirty white bread. No butter! No juice! No water jug! No fruit! No brown bread! Shame on you!