Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

100% recomended!, awesome staff!!

I really liked the hostel: the location is perfect, the staff is really nice and helpful, it's fun to meet new people there, breakfast and bed linen included, super cheap for all it has to offer. Only thing might be that the sockets are pretty far away from your bed (especially when you sleep on the upper part of the bunk bed) and the showers are a bit tricky (hot/cold is sometimes difficult to regulate). However, there are PLENTY of bathroom facilities: That's a big PLUS!!!! Loved it there.

Well located, very close to the tube (Plimlico). I think one of the cheapest options to stay in London. Very clean rooms. Just too much climbing with the luggage if you're on the top floors (3,4,5). Maybe having an elevator would help move the heavy bags.

Great location, safe, clean, friendly staff... I spent 2 nights there: first in a room for girls only. The room was ok, but after midnight 3 rude girls walked in turning the lights on, chatting and showing each other their shopping bags. The second night I slept in a mixed room and it was very nice. Roommates were very friendly.

• 24th Sep 2014

Good location, walking distance to Westminster, B.Palace etc, staff smyling and helpful even at midnight, gives good advices and adaptors) Free breakfast was good (three different jams, honey, butter, nutella), linen clean, neighbours in my room were nice and decent. I really enjoyed my stay!

Astor Victoria is an excellent hostel with helpful stuff and amazing location. Everything was as I expected to be or even better so we will definitely come to Astor hostels again.

• Slovenia

Victoria was very good place and safe place.

• Japan

It's been an AH-MAZING experience living at the Astor Victoria Hostel. I had a blast. Great staff. Perfect Location. The hostel facilities were more than I expected. I could even print my Boarding pass,for FREE.!! Dan,the receptionist had always a smile and he made us feel really welcomed. TRUELY RECOMEND THIS PLACE!!!

• 23rd Sep 2014

nice place in a good area close to pimlico station. so easy to get around the city. staff were friendly and very help full when needed. only slight issue was showers. minimal water pressure in showers made it a bit hard, but not impossible. all in all very decent place to stay.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Great location, around the corner from Victoria coach, train and underground, friendly staff, access to the kitchen, free breakfast and lockers in each room. Wish I could have stayed longer than one night!

Hey there! Wish we could of had you stay for longer too! Glad you enjoyed your stay, you're welcome back when ever your in London. Enjoy the rest of your travels -- the team @ Astor Victoria

Well, toilets are extremely small which is a pain and they´re not that clean in general (but people tend to be filthy) , though showers are not that bad. Squeaky floors are a pain when it comes to get into the room and everyone is asleep. The kitchen has everything you need to cook which is a plus. Great movie room with couches to chill and socialize. They don´t have hostel organized activities, so socializing and making friends is totally up to you.

My stay was very good and I'll definitely stay there again the next time I'm in London!

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we'd love to have you back anytime your in London! Safe travels, the team @ Astor Victoria (:

Well located hostel, close to tons of restaurants, bars, shopping and basically everything else. Rooms are large, facilities are clean, but there are 2 gigantic dogs that sometimes chill behind the reception desk and sometimes leave a residual odor in the hallways. Good place to stay, although there's not much of a common area so it's not super social.

Overall hostel isnt that bad, but having a shower cabin right inside of the dorm room (even it's a female dorm) was too much for me. You can't privately undress\get dressed or you have to do in the cabin with the risk of making clothes wet, far from comfortable. Breakfast wasnt anything special but as its for free it was good to have it. Also was nice to leave my bag for couple of hours after check out time. So the place is fine to stay for one night, for longer time I'd look for something else.

Had a great stay at Astor Victoria, I have stayed there now twice and would happily stay again. Great location. Only this was that the room was very hot and room was next to kitchen so it got loud at night

The room was a bit small for 4 persons. With 4 people plus luggage in the room there was almost no space anymore to move around.

• 21st Sep 2014

I absolutely love this place. Friendly Staff. Clean kitchen and facilites. Nice beds. Big TV Room with surround sound ideal to watch movies. Free Wifi. Location is perfect, close to supermarkets and public transport spots.

• 20th Sep 2014

This hostel is in a great location, walking distance from many of London's attractions. The crowd is quite young, but I guess you expect that with a cheaper hostel. There's no curfew at the hostel so expect people to be arriving throughout the night and banging about and switching lights on. There were also no curtains on our window so you were up at the crack of dawn.

Good place. :D

• 19th Sep 2014

a great hostel, staff are very friendly.The movie room quite cozy and being able to meet lots of people. Though the internet upstairs got poor signal, everything still works great

• 17th Sep 2014