Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

The 4 female share room was good. The wifi was very poor and kept dropping out frequently. The showers where very dirty and had hair all over the place and the mat on the floor was wet and dirty.

The best hostel I have stayed at in London so far. Great atmosphere, great breakfast, great staff and good location.I highly recommend.

Astor Victoria is highly reccomended. I made an error with my booking and Eric was so lovely to happily fix it up for me without it being a problem at all. As a solo female traveller I felt comfortable and safe. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. Make sure you go to the Shoreditch nightclub scene with the staff. I definitely recommend xoyo nightclub it went off!!! Thank you to Mitch, Chloe, Zac, Antony, Chloe, Paula, Marco, Eric and all the other wonderful staff members. :) :)

• 16th Jul 2015

I booked this hostel since I need to move to the Victora coach station at night. But the hostel is not that close to the station; so anyway had to get on a bus with luggage.. Compared with other Astor hostel, here's old and not clean. Recommend to the limited budget traveller or just short visitors. I coudn't reach mobile signal since it's underground floor...

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our hostel is located between two transportation stations. With a 12 min walk to Victoria coach station and a 3 min walk to Pimlico station, getting around London cannot be easier. Our hostel is constantly going through renovations and improvements to provide the best possible time to all our guests. If you ever had any problems please never hesitate to ask our 24 hour reception and we would be happy to help! Big hugs, AV

Great Hostel, really good!!! everything was so perfectly arranged and clean.

Love the place and the atmosphere. The hostel is clean which is a major plus in my book. The stuff are friendly and the bed was comfy. It is among the best hostels that I have ever stayed in.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time here at Astor Victoria. Our staff is always working hard to ensure everyone is having a great time. We do clean the facilities 4 times daily to keep the hostel clean. We are glad you enjoyed your time in the magical city of London. We hope to see you again in the future. Lots of love, Astor Victoria

Nice place!

• 13th Jul 2015

Small personal showers. I felt safe but heard a girl got her money stolen as I was checking out. Great location. Community things to do every evening. I enjoyed my stay for sure!

Fine hostel, expensive for what you get but then all hostels in London are. Bathrooms were quite small but kitchen(s) were massive. Granola and coffee at breakfast was great! Room was absolutely boiling when I arrived, and the fan didn't work properly - but a new one was quickly delivered. Some better ventilation in the rooms would be ideal!

The hostel itself is pretty basic although excellent value for its location: If, like I was, you're traveling very early from Victoria, you really cannot beat this deal. The room was quite utilitarian but clean and the bathrooms/showers tidy enough. However, I did not sleep well at all due to the unholy racket outside of our room which seemed to stem directly from other hostel guests - I kind of wished the staff would've addressed the situation.

Some of the staff where outting their hands down the cereal and got a handful and ate from the hand which was not nice to look at. How many have done that before we ate? There should be something to put you stuff on when you take a shower. It is also sad that when you have a reservation for two that you get split up....

It was an okay place to stay, though very crowded and hot. We visited in July and stayed on the fourth floor. Get ready to walk up lots of stairs! Bathrooms are also very small.

Had a great time at the hostel. Just one minor issue the Wi-Fi signal is weak in room 50.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • India

Nice hostel with an excellent location near the downtown London. If the weather is warm, dorms at upper floors get sweaty and hot, which makes sleeping uncomfortable regardless of fans. Nevertheless, the staff and atmosphere made staying in the hostel pleasant.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Astor Victoria was perfect! The staff were very nice and very helpful with everything I needed. Would definitely recommend. Can't wait to come back!

• 10th Jul 2015

Stayed here a few times when in London. Great location close to pimlico and victoria stations. Good value for money but bathrooms are poor. Terrible water pressure, affordable and comfortable. Bathrooms need attention.

• 9th Jul 2015

Even though we spent just a night here, we thought the place was an excellent option for a time-killer, you can relax and chill meanwhile planning your day.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have staff and guests all over the world that come stay with us! We like to make everyone feel welcome and take part in new and different experiences. We try hard to ensure everyone has the best possible time in London. We hope to see you again in the future, and hope you enjoyed your stay in the magical city of London Lots of love, Astor Victoria

It was a great hostel for the price. Can't beat the location if you just want to see London

Hi there, Thank you for leaving a great review! We aim to give everyone the best experience when visiting London. Situated by two underground stations, rail, bus stations and major attractions. Free adaptors, locks, printing, a nextflix room, walking tour, lockers and much more. Two big kitchens to cook and store your food, with daily activities and events. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again! Lots of Love, Astor Victoria

Too many people staying in the same hostel but there isn't enough toilets/showers. Especially in the mornings all the showers are occuiped.

Hi there, We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We understand the hostel can get busy during peak season, but with various facilities and open spaces we hope everyone is comfortable. Every floor in both buildings has 2 showers and toilets for the guest’s convenience, and some rooms also have an en suite. We are always trying hard to make sure all guests have the best time possible. We hope you enjoyed your stay in the magical city of London. Big hugs, AV

We had a very good stay at the hostel, everything was clean and the staff was very nice and helpfull. We even had a fan in our room wich was great with the warm weather.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Hey there, many thanks for your time spent to leave a review. We like to make everyone feel welcome and we work hard to ensure everyone has the best possible time in our hostel. We hope to see you again in the future, and hope you enjoyed your stay in the magical city of London Lots of love, Astor Victoria