Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Astor Victoria is an excellent hostel with helpful stuff and amazing location. Everything was as I expected to be or even better so we will definitely come to Astor hostels again.

• Slovenia

Victoria was very good place and safe place.

• Japan

It's been an AH-MAZING experience living at the Astor Victoria Hostel. I had a blast. Great staff. Perfect Location. The hostel facilities were more than I expected. I could even print my Boarding pass,for FREE.!! Dan,the receptionist had always a smile and he made us feel really welcomed. TRUELY RECOMEND THIS PLACE!!!

• 23rd Sep 2014

nice place in a good area close to pimlico station. so easy to get around the city. staff were friendly and very help full when needed. only slight issue was showers. minimal water pressure in showers made it a bit hard, but not impossible. all in all very decent place to stay.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Great location, around the corner from Victoria coach, train and underground, friendly staff, access to the kitchen, free breakfast and lockers in each room. Wish I could have stayed longer than one night!

Hey there! Wish we could of had you stay for longer too! Glad you enjoyed your stay, you're welcome back when ever your in London. Enjoy the rest of your travels -- the team @ Astor Victoria

Well, toilets are extremely small which is a pain and they´re not that clean in general (but people tend to be filthy) , though showers are not that bad. Squeaky floors are a pain when it comes to get into the room and everyone is asleep. The kitchen has everything you need to cook which is a plus. Great movie room with couches to chill and socialize. They don´t have hostel organized activities, so socializing and making friends is totally up to you.

My stay was very good and I'll definitely stay there again the next time I'm in London!

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we'd love to have you back anytime your in London! Safe travels, the team @ Astor Victoria (:

Well located hostel, close to tons of restaurants, bars, shopping and basically everything else. Rooms are large, facilities are clean, but there are 2 gigantic dogs that sometimes chill behind the reception desk and sometimes leave a residual odor in the hallways. Good place to stay, although there's not much of a common area so it's not super social.

Overall hostel isnt that bad, but having a shower cabin right inside of the dorm room (even it's a female dorm) was too much for me. You can't privately undress\get dressed or you have to do in the cabin with the risk of making clothes wet, far from comfortable. Breakfast wasnt anything special but as its for free it was good to have it. Also was nice to leave my bag for couple of hours after check out time. So the place is fine to stay for one night, for longer time I'd look for something else.

Had a great stay at Astor Victoria, I have stayed there now twice and would happily stay again. Great location. Only this was that the room was very hot and room was next to kitchen so it got loud at night

The room was a bit small for 4 persons. With 4 people plus luggage in the room there was almost no space anymore to move around.

• 21st Sep 2014

I absolutely love this place. Friendly Staff. Clean kitchen and facilites. Nice beds. Big TV Room with surround sound ideal to watch movies. Free Wifi. Location is perfect, close to supermarkets and public transport spots.

• 20th Sep 2014

This hostel is in a great location, walking distance from many of London's attractions. The crowd is quite young, but I guess you expect that with a cheaper hostel. There's no curfew at the hostel so expect people to be arriving throughout the night and banging about and switching lights on. There were also no curtains on our window so you were up at the crack of dawn.

Good place. :D

• 19th Sep 2014

a great hostel, staff are very friendly.The movie room quite cozy and being able to meet lots of people. Though the internet upstairs got poor signal, everything still works great

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

The staff is quiet disorganized, we asked for a something when we make the reserve, and them when we arrive, allways they say YES, at the last minute, they didn´t know...

Great atmosphere for students! Friendly, and knows the needs to be met.

• 17th Sep 2014

If you are with heavy luggages, this hostel is terrible because of no lifts in here. Also Wifi is terrible. But location is great. Also, at breakfast time there are so many people in the kitchen so it is hard to find plates, spoons and seats. If you are with small luggages and sim card of unlimited data, it will be a quite great hostel.

Hey, thank you very much for taking the time rating us, it really helps us to improve the hostel. We are very sorry if you were surprised there was no elevator at the hostel yet it is advertised on the website we cannot have one since we are based in a historic building. However we always offer a hand with the luggage. Enjoy the rest of your travels, the Astor Victoria Team

The location was great but everything else was just average really. Our room was on the fourth floor and it was unbearably hot which meant we didn't get the best nights sleep. As for how clean it was, well the carpets looked like they hadn't had a clean since the 90's! The worst though we're the showers. Mould on the ceilings and hair everywhere. Think you need some signs up telling other guests to clean up their mess.

• 16th Sep 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the hostel, and we'll stay there again when we come to London next time. This is a small hostel and thanks to that you feel like a family there, the reception is always very amiable and helpful. The rooms are clean, enough space for a big bag, a cabin-size or a backpack can be stored in the cage under the bed. There're shelves to keep things, there's a place to hang clothes. Never had to wait to go to the toilet or shower. The kitchen is fully equip.

• 15th Sep 2014