Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Very nice hostel with wonderful staff and a good location close to victoria station.

Exactly what you should expect from a youth hostel. The storage lockers under the beds are big but not fully secure for small items. Location is really nice, not too far from the Victoria or Pimlico tube stations. Staff is extremely helpful and they want you to be as comfortable as possible. It's a classic youth hostel atmosphere! The showers are really small but are good and can get as hot as you like. Overall a good standard experience.

Bad points: Very dirty place, cleaners do not clean the rooms' floors neither toilet's floors. The kitchen was very dirty too. Good points: This hostel is very well located, some (not all) staff people are cool.

Everything about the hostel was ideal except for how many people were there. it was definitely packed full of young people, which is fun but makes things like getting a decent breakfast difficult. I would recommend more staff during breakfast so that people aren't battling for coffee or breakfast rolls.

This is an awesome hostel! Clean, great location near all of the major sites to see and lots of great places to eat and drink nearby. When asking the front desk staff for directions and things to do they were exceptional. Dan made me a list of all the things I should do in London and how to get there! He was very happy to assist me and made my stay extra special. There was a kitchen with all of the equipment to make my own meals and they provided a breakfast. Highly recommend this hostel!

This hostel is clean and the staff are friendly. I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends :)

Thank you very much! We will be so happy to welcome you and any of your friends back! Enjoy the rest of your travels, The Team

The hostel was clean, although some of the toilets weren't. The room was comfortable, but there were only two wall sockets, which is not enough for a 4 bed room. The location was great, but I found the room a bit too expensive, having stayed at another Astor hostel just one month ago which was a lot cheaper and the toilets cleaner. Also, they didn't have a 'maximum 2 bread rolls' policy for breakfast.

The hostel is very good for yough people, good service facilities and location. The only thing that I didn't like was that they gave us diferent rooms even when we made the reservation for three people. For the rest I do recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Location is fantastic. 5-7 minute walk from tube

Toilets and shared showers weren't the cleanest, breakfast is quite basic, a lot of stairs to the top floor!

Hey there, thank you very much for taking your time rating the hostel, feedback is really important to us. We are sorry if you did not find the cleanliness as good as you expected. Our lovely staff work hard to keep everything as clean as possible, specially now that the hostel is full everyday and there are so many people using the facilities at all times. However we will make sure everything is perfect if you decide to return to Astor Victoria. Enjoy the rest of your travels, The team

This is a nice hostel in a great location with super friendly staff. However, the beds (at least the one we had) are really uncomfortable. Upgrade those and it'll be awesome!

Really friendly staff, nice free breakfast, easy to make friends, great location, wifi available everywhere

Good hostel in a central location. Staff are reasonable and downstairs kitchen area has a good atmosphere. Just have to deal with the staircases!

Everyone was very helpful when needed and had a very favorable luggage policy compared to another London Hostel we visited. A bit disconcerting that there was a warning in our room to not drink the tap water. Only place on our visit where we encountered such a warning.

• 28th Jun 2014

Good location, friendly staff. The standout was definitely the amount of valuable information posted on the walls including transport information to each airport with estimated costs and times!

there's just two plugs in the room. Wifi was great. Hostel staff was alright. cleanliness was good. about 15mins to 20 mins walk to victoria station, but you can take bus 24 to get there.

A decent hostel in a good part of London. However it wasn't the cleanest, it felt a bit cramped, and the breakfast was crazy and often ran out. One staff member, who checked me in, was super friendly; the others really didn't seem to bother. I'd stay at the Queensway instead next time.

Great hostel, friendly staff and great location! I highly recommend Astor Victoria to anyone looking for a hostel to stay in while visiting London!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Norway

One of the staff is very nice, thank you. Other staff just so so. Toilet has too little space. Shower facilities need to be improved, I try three: one is too little water, one is too hard to open, one is even cool water...the breakfast is only bread

the reception lady named Dres (i think) was excellent, very helpful.

Hey there! Thank you very much for the comment and for the cheescake :) We hope to see you next time you come to London! Enjoy, Dreis