Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Fantastic Location...Brilliant Hostel...Friendly Staff!

• 14th Sep 2014

Excellent location on walking distance of Victoria station, in a pleasant neighbourhood. I stayed here before, but this time I stayed on the 4th floor where there is no WiFi, that was the only significant thing that let me down. A minor annoyance was that you cannot even wash your hands in the toilets, because the sinks are too small for even your hands... Kitchen area is really nice though, and staffed by decent people, good hostel.

Dirty bartrooms and so uncomfy. No wifi in rooms, everybody were out sitted on stairs with their phones or laptops. Third floor by stairs, no elevator. Really hot room in September. Good kitchen. Nice staff. Great location. Good value for money.

Good place to stay, friendly staff, nice atmosphere. If I go to London again, I definitely will stay in Astor Victoria again.

• 12th Sep 2014

In general, it was a nice stay. Maybe it would be good to have a couple of showers and toilets more, they were a bit crowded in the mornings.

• Spain

A very pleasant stay altogether, everybody was incredibly friendly and I felt very much at home. I enjoyed the effortless and youthful atmosphere, and the range of services provided. The option to store my luggage there on the day of my departure was brilliant! Thank you.

• Czech Republic

Great ambient and very nice staff. But you should provide basic facilities for free, like daily lockers and socker adaptators.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Beds are clean, the location is excellent ! You have bus and tube at 5 min walk. However my roommates were very noisy .. If you're tight on budget I would recommend it, don't read old reviews because the hostel seems to be much better now than before. My room was really clean compared to what I could have read.

• 11th Sep 2014

Hey, thank you very much for taking your time rating us! We really appreciate that. We are very sorry about your roommates! However we are very glad we topped your expectations. Enjoy the rest of your travels, The Team

My first ever experience staying in a hostel in London and extremely glad it turned out so well!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Had a great stay! The beds are confortable and rooms clean. Would be nice to have a bedlight so that late sleepers or earlybirds wouldn't have to turn on the light for the whole room. There are plenty bathrooms so there never was need to wait to take a shower. Breakfast was simple but nice, milk, cereal, rolls and jams. Enough to get the day started. Good wifi signal on the room. Only downside was that we can hear footsteps throughout de building, and got quite loud at night.

• 10th Sep 2014

At hostel, u might need common room to hang around, either to socialise or just do your own business. The fact that this hostel has lot of places to do that, for me, is great. Staffs were helpfull to arrange room to be fit with my messy schedule. I loved the mini theather room. I'll recommend this hostel

위치는 좋으나 빈약한시설과 불청결 너무낮은 1층침대 그래도 스태프는 매우친절

Very close to the train station and Victoria coach station!

Only 2 power sockets in a room with 6 persons isn't enough, considering everyone has mobiles, laptops and other electronics on him. Otherwise an excellent hostel.

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write us a review! Sorry about the power outlet situation. We will be putting more power cords in our rooms to ensure everyone has a plug for their electronics! Hope to have you stay with us again next time you're in London! All the best, the team @ Astor Victoria

Staff were friendly and accommodating and the beds were comfy. Showers were hot and clean but the doors to the rooms could do with some grease on them so they don't squeak and wake up everyone else in your dorm!

The breakfast was awesome- the atmosphere was not. There's no real common room. That being said, we still had a good time!

Thanks for the help as I missed my fly and lost my money Dan was very helpful and he organized with my dady that I could stay one more night and got a ticket per E-Mail. Thanks Julian

• 7th Sep 2014

The hostel is conveniently located and has a TV room and two kitchens where the residents can cook. However, it should be mentioned that the wi-fi connection in the rooms is terrible, and said rooms do not have enough electric sockets for all the residents (there were 2 in my 6-people room). Breakfast is rather meagre and the bread is always brought late. Overall, an average hostel.

Best location

It felt like a pretty standard hostel for the price. Free cereal and juice for breakfast! There are rolls too, but they tend to run out pretty early. The dormitory beds are clean and I like that there is a toilet w/in the dorm room itself. I was a little bit worried about personal privacy and security-- there are no curtains or anything around the beds for privacy and be sure to bring a padlock for the mesh cages under the bunk (if you don't want to rent/pay for a padlock from the hostel).

• 5th Sep 2014