Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

It takes about 20 mins to walk from Astor Vic to London Vic... Pimlico Station is closer. But of coz bus is the most convenient way to visit London. No esculator, a bit harsh to carry luggage to the fourth or fifth floor. Nice breakfast and quite clean... The sockets are a bit far from your bed. Anyway, nice exp to stay in Astor Vic!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

I really liked the location. I only had to walk 15 minutes to get to the Buckingham Palace or to Big Ben, two major attractions. We had bins under our beds which we could lock, there was a room to store our luggage on arrival and departure day. The kitchen was small, cleanliness was ok and toilets/showers were individual (shared but only one at a time, instead of many showers in the same room for example).

Astor was a really great hostel in terms of meeting people. The common room and kitchen make it really easy to just chat with other travellers. The staff are really friendly and are always down to help with whatever you need. Cages under the beds are nice and secure. Some of the showers weren't that great, but other than that no complaints.

So good! I have stayed in a few hostels in my time and Astor's Victoria was the best! The walk from Victoria a little far (but not too far, that you can't walk). The staff are the friendliest I've met, and so happy to help,

Hello Grant, thanks so much for your awesome review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor Victoria! We look forward to welcoming you back soon! All the best. The team

The staff was very friendly. I almost felt bad for not keeping up with their niceties and smiles. My stay at Astor Victoria was nice and relatively peaceful, except for one night when the fire alarm went off three times in one night. Breakfast was adequate but I have to say that there were too few hooks in the shower rooms as well as all too small sinks in the toilets. Rinsing your face without wetting the floor was quite a challenge.

Little bit disappointed with the service & room overall. Specifically: there were a bunch of people sitting on each other's laps behind the front desk pretty preoccupied and I wasn't sure who to interrupt to let me check in! When I did get to my room on the ground floor the door was jammed open with a fan. It turns out this was necessary because the door was so noisy that whenever anyone came or went it'd wake up the whole room. However, the location was truly excellent.

I enjoyed my stay. no complaints.

This hostel is in a great location, (grocery stores, restaurants and two tube stations very close by) the staff is so helpful and friendly, they have great extras like a movie room with tv and netflix, laundry facilities and rentals like adapters and hair appliances. Sometimes I found that it could be little cleaner, however overall it was great. I would not only recommend but I would also stay again. Co-ed rooms only, (at least that was the only option I was given upon my booking).

• 2nd Jun 2014

The breakfast was a little lite, but it worked. I felt very safe and was very comfortable. The only issue was not having enough outlets in the rooms.

The showers were so slimy you could easily slip and the room was small as I couldn't open the locker under my bed without blocking the door from opening.

Place was excellent overall, only down side was that the room I had the people already there was in the bed allocated to me

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Wales

Hello Tania, thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor Victoria! Sorry about someone taking your bed, next time, let us know and we will get that situation sorted promptly!! Hope to see you back soon(: The team

Great hostel! The location is perfect, close to transportation and sites but still relatively quiet. Breakfast was slightly above average, they had nutella! Staff was friendly, rooms were clean. The atmosphere was great. Would definitely recommend.

Good breakfast!

Very recommendable hostel. Mostly clean, very safe and in good neighbourhood (close enough to the main attractions and far away enough to not be overpriced, eg food). Very helpfull staff.

Hi everybody, we spent 3 nights there in a room for six. It was a really great place (good situation, room, bed and bathroom clean). The staff is always available and very nice, especially a spanish man. It's a good deal if you are a "poor" student. Moreover we meet a lot of people from all over the world, it's very pleasant. On avait un peu peur au début on ne savait pas sur quoi tomber mais ce fut une belle surprise. On recommande cette auberge et on y retournera. Big kiss from France Justine

• 29th May 2014

Nice hostel for a short stay, the walls where very thin son it was difficult to sleep during the night (very noisy) and even thought the location was vert close to Victoria Station, it was a residential neighborhood so at night was very dark and no people around. I didm;t feel safe walking on my own at night around the hostel. Breakfast was average (you have to clean your own dishes) and the rooms were okay.

Fun hostel to stay in and great staff!

Very lovely stay, nice beds, good reception, thank you!

• 26th May 2014
  • China

Not too far from next Tube stations, but relatively quiet because of that. Good breakfast, very welcoming atmosphere, my 6 bed dorm had enough space for everyone and their baggage, lots of small details just right (like free printing), and good WiFi at least in the attractive common rooms. Overall very nice place! The only disadvantages coming to my mind: Noisy drawer under the bed. But it makes your stuff hard to steal ;-)

My most favourite hostel in London, ive been back many times. the staff are great, especially their manager, she is great! the movie room is awesome, wifi works well. breakfast is well done. great location and all. highly reccommend it and do reccommend it to my friends.

• 25th May 2014