Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

None of the staff I interacted with spoke good english and getting answers from them was very difficult. The heater was cold in the room and the breakfast was very bad - no bread, no butter, just some cereals and some diluted juice (and this was at 8:30 am, not at the end of breakfast time). I always stay at this hostel when i go to London and this time was my first not great experience.

The atmosphere in the hostel was great, and so was the kitchen that everyone could use. One slight comment: the toilets were quite dirty in the morning, often also without toilet paper.

• 15th Dec 2013

Best hostel I've seen in London. Very youth oriented, friendly, and low key.

• 15th Dec 2013

I came into my room to find that I had no blanket, I came down to reception to ask them for a blanket and the worker said that it should have been there from the morning and that I just don't see it- I slept under my coat! Also top bunks had no plugs or light, and the plugs in the common room didn't work at all...the only way I could charge my phone is through the computer in the computer room and charge it on there (thank god i have an iphone!) - instead of sleeping while it charges next to me.

The only down side is that there were only 2 plugs available in the room which is very not enough

• 14th Dec 2013
  • China

Had a great stay!

Hi! Thanks for your comment, we really appreciate it. Take care, enjoy your travels and we hope to see you next time in London. The Astor Victoria Team

Great location, 5 minute walk from the Victoria Station... very easy to travel around the city. Short walk to Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Buckingham Palace. Near bus stop to get to Abbey Road (for Beatles fans). Confusing when you first get there (dropped off at Victoria Station), road you're supposed to take is Belgrave Road, just ASK someone at the station instead of wandering!

Loved it! I arrived a little earlier before the check in time, but i wa able to put my luggage in the luggage room an store my passport in a great locker to which only i had the key. I went out to lunch, came back and checked in without any complications.

• 10th Dec 2013

Staff nice but a bit clueless. not enough power outlets for all beds. not bad, but not great, nothing special.

• 8th Dec 2013

Very loud, but it may vary seasonal. Sleeping before 2am is quite hard as there are sounds no returning roommate can avoid, even if he or she wants to.

• 8th Dec 2013

I had a nice stay. Comfortable beds, nice kitchens/common rooms, friendly staff. I've never been in such a clean hostel! But you shouldn't expect too much from the breakfast (at least you won't leave hungry).

• 7th Dec 2013

Hi! Thank you very much for your feedback, it helps us to improve the hostel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Regarding breakfast we offer fresh bread rolls, different flavors of jam, decent variety of spreads, cereals and a selection of hot drinks also but we would be open to any suggestion so we can make it even better next time you stay with us. Enjoy!, the Astor Victoria Team.

Second stay at this hostel and it is great as usual. Friendly staff, good breakfast (exept the orange 'juice'), clean, quite in the rooms and good atmosphere in the Kitchen ! I go there everytime I visit London !

• 6th Dec 2013

The hotel is very lively and energetic; staff were polite and efficient. Price in the 8 person dorm (15 pounds) represents excellent value. Easy to find, only a very short distance from Pimlico tube station. Shower/toilet facilities are limited as one would expect from the prices. I would guess the ratio toilets to guests to be significantly higher than 1:10 (similar for showers).

• 5th Dec 2013

Really stylish hostel in a good location. I slept on the top bunk and there was a small picturesque view through my window I enjoyed very much. :)

• 2nd Dec 2013

Hi! Thank you very much for your feedback! We are very glad you had a good time with us and hope to see you next time in London. Enjoy your travels! The Astor Victoria Team

Thank you a all the staff of the Astor Victoria! You are very nice!!!

• 1st Dec 2013

Great location, pleasant and helpful staff. Second stay this year. Highly recommended for a stay in London.

Hey, thank you very much for your comment, we really appreciate it! We are happy you enjoyed your second time with us and hope to see you next time around. Enjoy, The Astor Victoria Team

The world of London hostels seems different than any other city I've stayed in. Though there are lots of options, there don't seem to be any standouts. All are pricey, have many live-ins (rather than just travelers) and have difficulty with the atmosphere. That being said, Astor Victoria has helpful staff, a kitchen, is reasonable (for London) price-wise, has breakfast and the location is very convenient to Victoria Station (maybe a 15 minute walk lugging your baggage, 10 minutes otherwise)

• 29th Nov 2013

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback, it really help us to improve the hostel. As expensive as London is we are glad we can offer pretty much everything for free (breakfast, wifi, lockers, converters, locks, locks, hairdryers, maps etc) so our guests do not have to worry about it when they get to the hostel. We hope to see you next time in London! Enjoy your travels, The Astor Victoria Team

Everybody is nice, the room was good, but the best for me was that the breakfast is included in the price and the location is so good because is a two subway stop from the centre or taking a walk. When we'll go again to London we'll repeat in Astor Victoria.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Perfect to have fun

• 27th Nov 2013

Hey, thank you for your feedback! We are very glad you had fun while you stayed with us! Hope to see you next time in London. Enjoy, The Astor Victoria Team

Great hostel and location. The rooms where nice and big. Price includes free lockers, adaptors, luggage room, breakfast, and wifi. Best hostel for its value that I have been too.

• 21st Nov 2013