Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

The hostel was perfectly nice, good breakfast etc, all you want from a youth hostel. The only downside was the tiny, tiny bathrooms - there was no where to even place toiletries while getting ready for bed and no towels or hand dryers.

Everything was great - the staff, location, amenities and such. Everything was exceptional except the WiFi. For today's standards the WiFi was excruciating. It's tough to gauge in hindsight. I really can't say enough about how friendly and resourceful the staff were though. What I would recommend is, get a UK sim card, purchase a 10 pound data plan and tether your phone.

• 16th Jun 2014

It was perfect !!! Very very good location. I loved it.

• 16th Jun 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We're happy you enjoyed your stay here. Hope to see you again in the near future. All the best. The team @ Astor Victoria

you guys were great! some of the staff could have been a bit more up beat and friendly! more toilet paper in the toilets! and maybe a noise curfew!

The fan in the room was very noisy. Just make sure to put the blinds down in the morning for the rest of the day. That way it should be cool enough at night to be able to sleep. Apart from that, the staff was very friendly and the luggage room is great, as is the location.

I have stayed for 1 night in 8-beds room. It was a pity, that in wc there was only an antibacterial liquid and no washbasin and no soap in the small room. It was in bedroom. just one hint more: small shelves for shower gel, soap, shampoo would be useful under the shower

Hostel near the underground, I stay in private room for 4nights, the room is fine, shower room a bit small but it is clear!

The breakfast is simple good. The staff can give useful information. You can borrow a hairdryer during your stay. Maybe it is an old apartment, so you need to climb up the stairs. But I love the interior design.

I felt very safe here as everyone needed a card key to enter the hostel and their room. The location was great. Walking distance to the bus stop, metro and major attractions like Buckingham Palace, Green Park, etc. Staff were nice, but a better hostel would mean staff would interact more with guests. Hostel has nice lounge rooms with plenty of helpful tourist info. Bathrooms could have been cleaner, some clogged toilets and hair all over the place. Wifi did not always work!

Everything is perfect for a backpacker.

Thanks for your review. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels. Hope to see you back here soon. The team @ Astor Victoria

Staff were very friendly and helpful and overall the hostel was fantastic value for money - especially for central London! Only downside was the shower. It was very small and not quite as clean as the rest of the hostel.

• 10th Jun 2014

Really nice hostel but more bathrooms needed!

• 10th Jun 2014

This hostel was disappointing. Out of the 5 hostels we stayed in between Ireland and England, this was out least favorite. It is an alright location, about a 10/15(with luggage) minute walk from the Victoria train station. Once we arrived, however, we had to climb 3 flights of stairs to our room. We booked an ensuite bathroom, but that was pointless- the shower was a drip of water along the wall. Use the shared ones. Wifi doesn't work upstairs. Breakfast is alright but a complete mess.

the best hostel I have been in my trip! I had very nice days there. Thank you!!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

I was very satisfied with this hostel, will come back when I'll return back in London

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Thanks for the great review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. Looking forward to welcoming you back! The team @ Astor Victoria

I had a nice stay. Nothing to complain about.

I stayed at the Astor Victoria for two weeks while doing a work placement in London. I knew before I arrived that a hostel probably wouldnt be the best place for someone getting up early and going to bed early. However I was surprised how good the experience was. The staff were friendly and helpful, the showers and toilets were clean. It wasn't too noisy which was great for me. Good base for anyone staying in London.

• 8th Jun 2014

It's a quite good hostel. The stuffs are really helpful and friendly. Bathrooms and rooms are clean. From the hostel you can easily reach the Big Ban, Leicester Square, Camden Town by 24th Bus which is available 24 hours, the bus stop is very close. Also you can find very good café Pimlico Fresh Victoria with tasty and not expensive food.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Amazing! Will definitely stay here again!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

It takes about 20 mins to walk from Astor Vic to London Vic... Pimlico Station is closer. But of coz bus is the most convenient way to visit London. No esculator, a bit harsh to carry luggage to the fourth or fifth floor. Nice breakfast and quite clean... The sockets are a bit far from your bed. Anyway, nice exp to stay in Astor Vic!

• 6th Jun 2014