Astor Victoria Reviews

71 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

The hostel staff put us in seperate rooms. When we tried to figure out a solution to this by asking if in the coming days there would be a way for us to get in a room together the guy at the reception was very inflexible and unfriendly. He blamed everything on a complicated booking system and said that this wasn't common. Weird that every group checking in after us seemed to have the same problem!! So if you want to be sure that you stay in one room, book a different hostel!

• 8th May 2014

Hey there, thanks for taking your time rating us. We are very sorry if you guys had to be separate the first two nights but I personally did everything possible so I could allocate you guys together in the same room for the rest of your stay. Please keep in mind we always do our best to keep groups in the same rooms but when booking in a hostel what you book is the beds nor the rooms unless you make a reservation in a private room. Enjoy the rest of your travels! Cheers, The Astor Victoria

Decent hostel for London. Great location close to the tube and bus, and kitchen facilities were excellent. Issues were that there was only one outlet for a room of six people, and when we asked for a power bar at the desk we were just told repeatedly that it should be in the room (despite our saying repeatedly that it wasn't) and they don't have any more. Also, the atmosphere isn't that great, it seemed pretty cliquey, and the bathrooms are very tiny. But clean and great location, so, not bad.

Great place for a short stay!

I added one more night to my stay. The only major downside is that since i booked the same day that I arrived they had limited rooms available for me so I was shuffling between rooms daily. Other than that, it is a great environment for meeting people. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. She showeres were a little small but not terrible. I would stay here again and will recommend it to others.

I LOVED this hostel! It was super clean and very safe, large locked cages under beds that fit all of the things I brought for a month long backpacking trip. Free breakfast (rolls and cereal) plus free coffee and tea anytime of the day or night. The communal atmosphere is great five minute walk to bus stop, underground, grocery store, convenience store etc. thoroughly impressed by the customer service but especially dan, he is beyond friendly which is a nice change in London!

It was fabulous. I just stayed one night but it was perfect and the staffs were soooo kind and helpful. I will choose this hostel again if I have chance to go to london.

Met so many amazing people at this hostel! The location is okay if you are willing to walk a bit to get places although it is really close to Buckingham palace. The kitchen is a great meeting place at night to hang out with other travelers.

Hello, we are so glad you enjoyed your time here at Astor Victoria! Thanks so much for taking the time to review us as well. We would love to welcome you back in the future! All the best. The team

This hostel was great! Walkable to Victoria Station (though Pimlico is closer). Lockers under beds were great! Breakfast is basic, but free :) very friendly staff and helpful! Very central and perfect for first time tourist!

it was my 3rd stay here very good location (close to Victoria Station) everything was excellent

Very good location, comfy beds. I would stay there again.

Bathrooms were a bit dirty but great location and price

All perfect as usual except for the shared computer in the living room, for 2 or 3 days the Internet was basically not working (but with my device Internet was working). Also in my room there was no tent, but that at the end didn't bother my sleep. Great, well maintained and most of all really cleaned hostel. Ah the breakfast is quite basic, but the pice also, so..

Great as usual. I have been 4 times in this hostel and never been dissappointed !

The location of this hostel is excellent, as well as staff. The breakfast was ok and the bed linen was clean. Our only complaints are: the sinks in the bathroom are too small and there are few mirrors. The sockets were located near the door of our room, and not near our beds. Nevertheless, we would recommend this hostel!

They got excellent and helpful staffs, but even them can not save this hostel. Poor internet connection, no signal in the bedroom, and you can barely view a webpage in the lobby due to its poor internet. Very small shower room. Water sink and the floor of shower room and the toilet clogged frequently. In a 6-men's room, it only has 4 power plugs, and they all blocked by one bed and are very hard to reach.

After having striped off my sheets I was shocked about how dirty the bed was I was sleeping on even though the sheets were ok. Breakfast is included but you are allowed to take 2 bread rolls ?!?!?! Come on! Toilets and showers are ok. Enough of them. Very hot inside. Might be a problem in summer. But nevertheless. A good place to stay. Very safe and peaceful location.

REALLY GOOD HOSTEL!!

• 4th May 2014

Just one thing I didn't like. The room is very small for 6 people. But all the rest is very good. :)

Hello, thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We are sorry about the room size, really. We look forward to welcoming you back at any time. All the best. The team

Very cool atmosphere and nice staff, big free breakfast and luggage deposit... I loved this hostel!

• 4th May 2014

Hostel was great, staff were incredibly friendly and there was a great atmosphere throughout the hostel! However, when I stayed there the toilet lock was broken. Other than that, it was perfect!!