Astor Victoria

8.4
Fabulous 12253 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
24th Aug 2017

Loved it here! The location is GREAT. The beds are comfortable. They brought my bags up to the room for me. The staff were very efficient but didn't smile. My room could have been cleaner. It needed a good vacuum and scrub. The sink looked like no one cleaned it in a while. Almost wanted to go buy some bleach and a vacuum and do it myself. Other than that it was really great and I highly recommend it! Super nice and fancy area compared to other hostels I've stayed at!

Hey thanks for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our cleaners are making sure several times a day that our facilities are up to the highest standards. If you still find something please come to reception and we will fix it immediately. Best wishes, the Astor Family

• Australia, Female, 25-30
22nd Aug 2017

This Hostel was great, staff were friendly and they had an awesome buffet breakfast. The rooms were always cleaned really well. The only issue I had was the location; locals advised me that it wasn't safe to walk around the area alone (as I am female) and I do agree that it was a little rough. It also was far from the main attractions, I had to get an uber everywhere I went. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you're a female travelling alone, but if in a group or male it would be fine.

Hey, thank you for writing us a review! We love that you liked our little hostel. We are on top of our housekeeping and make sure all the facilities are in good working order. Our location is hard to beat as we are in right next to public transport which also connects you to the number of airports in London. We are also walking distance from Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and are surrounded by good pubs and restaurants in our area. Lots of love, the family at Astor hostels

• USA, Female, 25-30
19th Aug 2017

The hostel was amazing. Staff not so much. They were not very friendly or helpful. Two of the staff were amazing so I liked when they were on duty. Overall it's worth it.

Dear guest, thank you for your review. We try and provide absolutely with everything our guests could need to have a nice and trouble-free trip! Our aim is for everyone that comes through our doors to feel like part of the family and that they have a home here. We do organize daily events for everybody to meet new friends and have an exciting time while in London if you chose to join in! Looking forward to seeing you again in beautiful London! lots of love the Manager at Astor Victoria.

19th Aug 2017

I will most definitely be staying here again and recommending this place to my friends. It's a great location, al the major attractions are 10 min metro ride away and there's a metro station within 5 min of the location. I like the fact that they have a big kitchen and you can buy groceries/drinks and keep them in the fridge there's also a full kitchen there if you want to cook.. the rooms are a bit warm but mine had a nice big window we could open and a nice fan. Great place overall!

Hey thanks for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for telling your friends about us! You are welcome back anytime should you visit London again. Best wishes, the Astor Family

• annaking55
  • Canada, Couple, 18-24
8.0

The staff here are super nice! My main complaint is that the cleaner/air freshener used in the bathrooms is strong and unpleasant. It seems like they clean the toilet/shower itself but not the floor. 5 or 10 minute walk to metro station.

Hey! Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy you had an amazing time at our hostel! Our rooms are nice and spacious to ensure you have plenty of space to move around. We do believe our toilets and showers have nice scents as it should be! Our location is literally a few minutes walk from Buckingham Palace which is pretty unbeatable! We hope you are having an amazing time on your travels. Lots of love, The Manager at the Vic.

• England, Female, 25-30
19th Aug 2017

First chap was nice when checking in, check out girl was not very friendly (it was very early though). Shower door in the room didn't shut properly, so used blue tack to stick it. The light flickered above the sink and the light didn't work in the shower. Other than that it was good value for money.

Hey thanks for taking your time to write us a review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Anything that is making you feel uncomfortable you are more then welcome to report this at reception and we will fix it immediately. We have reported the things you mentioned to our maintenance team and they have been fixing it for an even more enjoyable stay next time in London. Best wishes, the Astor Family

• ilomarmachado6148
  • Brazil, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
18th Aug 2017
7.7

Well located close to Pimlico Tube. 20 mins walking to Big Ben. 10 mins walking to Victoria Station. I stayed in the room for 4. It was very ultra small, but that is normal for London. Bathroom was clean and OK. I would recomend for short stays.

Dear guest, Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy you had an amazing time at our hostel! Our rooms are nice and spacious to ensure you have plenty of space to move around. And our location is literally a few minutes’ walk from Buckingham Palace which is unbeatable! We hope you are having an amazing time on your travels. Lots of love, the Manager at Astor Victoria

• Greece, Female, 25-30
16th Aug 2017

Great location! Really easy to find and close to the tube! Friendly and helpful staff! Clean rooms and spacious common rooms. The only thing i didnt like was that the toilets were out of the room, common for everybody. Very clean, though!

Hey thanks for taking your time to write us such a great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is always around to make sure your stay is awesome. All the best, the Astor Family

• weslandia2085
  • USA, Male, 18-24
12th Aug 2017

The staff (Sam, Dylan, Gaby, Jay, Annika, Anja, Curtis, Nicolai, and Tim) here made my stay one of the most enjoyable I've had in Europe as a solo traveller; they're all super cool cats who foster a welcoming community in this old Victorian apartment house turned hostel located within walking distance of most major attractions. The facilities are all you can ask for in a hostel and is set up to allow you to make friends quick with a common area and kitchen. Keep up the good work Astor Victoria.

Hey thanks for leaving us such a great review!! We are happy to hear you loved your stay with us. You are always welcome back should you visit London again. Lots of Love, the Astor Family

11th Aug 2017
7.7

I've stayed in better Astor hostels in London. This one is in a good location, but that's about it. Beds were clean and comfortable, but everything else in the room was covered in a layer of dust and grime. My room was also in the basement, so it felt damp and stuffy in there. Overall, staff were friendly and helpful, some were more knowledgable than others.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are very happy you enjoyed our amazing location, we are in the heart of London with lots of great restaurants, bars and a short walk from Buckingham Palace and Big Ben! Our staff is always here for anything you need even if it’s just a smile. Dust is our worst enemy here at the hostel, we check all the surfaces every day in the room and we wipe them. All the rooms are regularly patrolled by our cleaners to ensure they are nice and clean and you will find no nasty surprises, but if you come across any issues come and let us know and we will sort it out for you. We hope you are having an amazing time wherever to you may be, looking forward to seeing you again in beautiful London! The Manager at Astor Victoria.

×