Astoria City Hostel Reviews

7th discrict, Rakoczi ut no 4, 3rd floor, Doorbell 27, Budapest, Hungary

In short: OASIS. Have seen many hostels in Budapest and here you have everything DECENT: Location,kind of building,interior,stuffs attitude,everything is solid and civilised.They even gave me a 6 bed room instead of 8 (I wanted to be alone) for the same money, and I could leave my heavy bag inside after I checked out!The only minus:Wash basin tap in both toalets has only cold water(hot water in showers and kitchen all the time),which makes a minor problem for face washing in the morning.

One of the best hostels i've ever been to!! Perfect for backpackers and people travelling alone, a big living room for a nice familiar atmosphere where you always meet someone, breakfast was good, staff was very nice and helpful and the facilities totally okay.. i loved it!!

Astoria had a really relaxed, homely feel to it which was lovely. The staff were friendly and very helpful with tips on how to get around the city. The kitchen was large and well equipped, the free breakfast was good, and the bathrooms are all new and clean. A great place to stay in the heart of Budapest and within easy walking distance of nearly everything and right next to the metro line. Plus the fresh, hot pancakes were a treat! Would recommend and would stay here again. Thanks!

Very nice hostel ! Thanks for your welcome !!!

Great staff and a great location. My first night they made goulash for the entire hostel and always and big stacks of pancakes with sides of hazelnut spread and jams free for the taking all the time. The breakfast is basic but does the job (bread and cereals). The kitchen is nice. There are elevators which is a blessing. Only negative thing is that the mattresses are on the thin side and a bit uncomfortable. Besides that, it was a great time while I was there!

This place stands apart, the location is perfect best spot in the city, also the staff are the most welcoming people that u can ever imagine, they will take good care of you, even they provide you free food not a boyscouts plain boring pasta, just great tasty stuff like hamburguers and pancakes ...feeling like home away from home...such an amazing athmosphere created at the Astoria, take care guys and see you soon!

Location of hostel is great, at main street, close to Keleti train station and close to main turistic sites and Danube river. Regarding the staff of the hostel, they were very nice, helpful at each request, willing to give you advice for any question. I stayed there only one niht but I know for sure that if I will need to find any accommodation in Budapest gain, I will choose Astoria CH - location and price are unbeatable!

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Slovakia

This was a really fun hostel to stay in and meet some cool people. The facilities are what you'd expect and the staff regularly cooked us food while we stayed. Breakfast was simple and included in the payment.

The Astoria Hostel was amazing. It felt like I was staying at a friends house. The beds were a little uncomfortable, the staff was more than willing to give us extra blankets. The WI-FI worked really well. The breakfast was toast, cereal, jam, and tea. We were given free locks for the lockers. The location was super close to the city center. The staff was very helpful in giving us directions on where to go and what to see. Loved them! Great value for the $20 that we spent for 3 nights!!!