Astoria City Hostel Reviews

7th discrict, Rakoczi ut no 4, 3rd floor, Doorbell 27, Budapest, Hungary

Excellent

I loved staying here in the Astoria City Hostel. From the moment we booked we were put in contact with the staff who were all more then happy to answer any questions we had. On arrival we felt welcome and at ease. I would defiantly recommend staying here as we would stay here again

Private rooms are in a sperate apartment, with a kitchen and 3 toilettes. In the main building there are 6 beds dorms, a common room and a kitchen. The hostel is in front of the underground station Astoria.

More bathrooms would have been a plus

Great hostel, friendly staff, really clean and in a great location. Would definitely stay here again! 10/10 :-D

• 4th Aug 2014

Great stay in Budapest ! The Great LOCATION with great STAFF ! What are you waiting for ?

My review is for the building with private rooms - firstly gotta say that the staff here are just lovely. I have never met sweeter or nicer hostel staff. The location is perfect, walking distance from sightseeing and so close to Szimpla Kert and other great cafes/restaurants/bars. My building was definitely for couples/people wanting a more relaxing time so be aware of that if booking.

I definitively recomend Astoria City Hostel, me and my sister spent 4 days there and the staff and the atmosphere were great, they give a good breakfast and delicious pancakes, it's very cozy. It's a little bit hard to find if once you get out from the metro, but it's just a few steps from the station. So probably you wlll have to ask. It's important to know that the hostel is on a buildingand that "ut" and "utca" means "street".

Really cozy hostel that's ideally located next to the red line. Not a party hostel due to being in a residential building, but everyone was nice there. Unfortunately, has 2 bathrooms for 20+ people, so if you book on a full night... Good luck trying to get a chance to shower in the morning. All in all, I recommend Astoria if you are looking for a quiet place to crash in Budapest!

Sleeping at night was extremely difficult as the room was far far too hot- there was no air con and no fan provided. The only way to try and air the place out was to open the window which meant you heard the traffic noise from the main road, making sleeping even more difficult. Wifi also unreliable. Unfortunately wouldn't recommend the hostel.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

wifi doesn't work at all, this is the worst thing. the staffs are really friendly kind and useful. thanks a lot. if you could have more bathrooms, it would be better.

Loved this hostel! Felt like an actual home. The staff is really friendly and is willing to help you with everything. The location is awesome. I would highly recommend this to others. Everything is nearby and supermarket is right across the street.

Enjoyed our stay here. We had a double bed private room and very secure, room was quite small but neat and clean so no real complaints. Located right near a metro stop and also one of the city tour bus stops so transport easy. Close to everything and staff were fantastic. Friendly, helpful and made us very welcome.

It was a good room: clean with good bed. the location is good but not excellent especially if you are not in the main building of the hostel.

Great location and friendly staff!

Everything was really good.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Hungary

I stayed in the hostel for 6 days in total and tried the 6 and 8 bed dorms. The kitchen is very nice, there is a little balcony if you need more tranquility. It is not a party hostel, managers make sure people get quiet. About managers, they were very friendly and helpful. The free pancakes were really nice. My complaint goes to the lack of separate toilet, resulting in bathrooms getting occupied very often, and the lack of hot water in the morning. The rest is top.

I only stayed one night in this hostel. I stayed in the shared room with the windows to the courtyard, which was very good and quiet. The other rooms had windows to a busy street, quite noisy. It is a big city flat turned into a hostel located in an apartement house. I liked the home-atmosphere of the hostel and the little balcony looking into the courtyard. It was clean and the receptionist was very helpfull and nice. The location is very convinient and the price good.

My friend & I stayed in a twin private room which was only about a 2 minute walk from the main hostel so staff were in easy access if we needed them. This bit better suits travelers not wanting lots of noise or partying. Room was ideal and the bathrooms and kitchen were very clean and a towel was provided for us which was great. The location was also incredible, really close to the metro/tram and food shops,pharmacys,bars and restaurants were all close. Also major sites about 10-15mins walk away

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Bermuda

We stayed in a private double bedroom, in an appartment that was located two blocs near the hostel. We loved the appartment which had approx. 5-6 rooms. The staff was excellent, very friendly, gave us a lot of good advices. We definitely recommend staying at Astoria hostel!