Astoria Hotel Reviews

Via Fratelli Rosselli, 14, Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

very nice place, not far from the train station and a city center. nice people and cozy rooms.

Great place! Our appartment was pretty big and the bathroom was very clean and spacious. The location was great and breakfast was very satisyfing, especially the coffee. WIFI would be nice but we didn't really miss the internet. Some people might say the staff could be a bit more approachable but we didn't have any problems.

A 10-minute walk from the train station, a 15-to 20-minute walk from Bologna's biggest attractions. The single rooms are great if you're a solo traveler on a budget who wants some privacy. The included breakfast is a notch better than your usual continental fare - hardboiled eggs and various yogurts are included, along with an espresso bar. The Internet is slow but decent.

• 15th Aug 2013

We stayed in an apartment 600 meters away from the main hotel building/reception. The apartment was easy to find thanks to the receptionists guidance. It was a really nice apartment with a big and clean bathroom, small kitchen and spacious room. It was not a very social place, but we liked the facilities and location.

This hotel was close to the train station (5 min walk) so it was suited for me. It is a 10-15 min walk to the centre of the town which was fine for me. The room was clean and comfortable. I wasn't able to make breakfast whilst I was there so I can't comment on that. The staff were ambivalent, they did the minimum required but were not overly friendly.

We were surprisingly stuck in an apartment away from the main hotel; however this turned out to be a huge bonus as it was closer to the city center, facilities such as A/C and kitchenette suited what we wanted perfectly; and we didn't have to deal with the moody man at reception. Good for travelling pairs and couples. x

The directions from the train station were the worst I've ever experienced in any country. Whoever wrote them also needs to be retaught measurements. It is not even close to 300 m from the train station. The rooms were fine, not the cleanest but it is what it is. Breakfast was pretty good. I'd probably tell a friend going to bologna to stay somewhere else.

• 10th Aug 2013

Stayed only for one night in a triple bed room, but I wish we stayed longer because we had a really good time. Rooms are nicely furnished, clean and air conditioned for a very, very good price. Only disadvantage was that we stayed in an apartmend outside the hostel and had to walk about half a kilometer for checkout and breakfast. But for this price it is more than tolerable.

All good... except I had the room until noon... left my laptop plugged in to get charged and went out at 8 to visit Santo Stefano & to climb the Tower of Bologna... returned at 9:30 to find the air conditioning had been turned off! The lights to the room worked, but the electricity outlet that my laptop was plugged into no longer worked... so my laptop did not charge and I could therefore not use it on the train ride to my next city. Thanks a lot for saving electricity at MY EXPENSE!

Sent us to a separate apartment block

eventhoug that we didnt book our bathroom we still got a double room with a bathroom and a little kitchen, so we could cook our own food. it was great! near the centre, the rooms are behind 3 doors that can lock, so its safe...we breakfast is at the hotel so we had to walk there for about 3 minutes (we were in another building that belong to the hotel) and it was good. we had our car in the garage which costed us 15e per night. but at least the car was safe. i would definitly recomend this hotel

We had an appartment in the historic city center, very well located and with everything needed. There were renovation works inside the building so it was probably noisy during the day, but we had no problem since we were staying there only during the night.

About ten minutes of walk from the central train station. Clean and quiet. Free wifi and breakfast. Well worth the money.

Was a little disappointed by the way we were treated by the staff, not very friendly or welcoming. We booked a twin room for two and got a nice big room with 4 beds in it, the actual accommodation was a 10 minute walk from the hotel reception so was a bit annoying having to go back and forth. It did the job but would not return, would look for somewhere friendlier in Bologna!

The hotel was not in bad conditions at all, but the manager treated us really bad. I would never go back there.We had done a reservation of a private twin ensuite room,and when we got there the manager said we had reserved for an Appartment(the appartment was 1km away from there, we had a lot of luggage to carry,we were tired,it didnt have wifi, and to have breakfast we had to go to the hotel).THe manager continued saying we did a mistake when booking and was really rude

Rude staff.

• 31st May 2013

We stayed in an actual appartment about 10 mionutes' walk from the main square, a great and affordable option!

Very good hotel for the money we paid for. We could enjoy a good night of sleep in the end of our vacations after so many hostels.

excellent hotel at affordable price! good breakfast included. location is near the train station and relatively close to the city center. customer service at the reception desk was top quality.

• 26th Apr 2013