Fabulous 751 Total Reviews
Fabulous 751 Total Reviews
Asylum Cairns Located at 149 Grafton Street, , Cairns.
Australia
Cairns Queensland 4870 149 Grafton Street
83% 751
-16.9178030 145.7698523
    Rooms available

• Spain, Female, 25-30
23rd Apr 2016
3.7

Very Dirty place, guests drunk every night, no lockers in the rooms, no cuttlery provided.When they do BBQ the kitchen is closed at 6pm and you have to pay for the poor dinner that they cook. I won't go back.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
17th Apr 2016

A great place to stay, the people and events were amazing. Great atmosphere, impossible not to make friends, definitely will be back.

13th Apr 2016

Close to main drag, fun atmosphere, really tries to get the parties going, no locker in my room is only complaint

• England, Female, 25-30
6th Apr 2016

Awesome hostel. Great parties. Fabulous people. Staff are lovely.

26th Mar 2016
7.4

Very much a party hostel. They turn off the wifi too during Monday BBQs and from 7 pm to 7 am on Thursday night. Also you only get wifi in the common area and it is very spotty. Staff is super friendly though and facilities are pretty clean. Overall good experience for only AUD$15 a night. Also even if you pay for a 10-bed dorm for $15 you get placed in a room with only 4-6 people so save money and buy that one.

12th Mar 2016

Very good hostel, friendly staff, good localization, security and cleanliness. BBQ party is pretty good, I just missed the pants down party :(

• Germany, Female, 25-30
12th Mar 2016

I enjoyed my stay a lot. Everyone is welcoming you and I felt like home right away. Super nice big garden area and pool. The parties are really good but you always can get some time for yourself to chill. You can party if you want but you will also get the sleep you need as they take care, that people who party do not disturb others. Best hostel in Australia till now!

• England, Couple, 25-30
6th Mar 2016

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and we had a great time. The place is super chilled and the staff were brilliant. The all you can eat hostel bbq on a Monday night is a great little touch to bring everyone together to meet people. This is how we met a few of of the staff and residents, and we had a good night together. Unfortunately we missed the Thursday party as we had to leave but we have no doubt that would be run well. Our room, although basic, was clean and secure. Paula & Ash

10th Feb 2016

It's very easy to meet people here because of the evening events. Would stay here again

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
8th Feb 2016
7.4

I had a good time there but I should have definitely booked a room with A/C (my fault though). People are very relaxed and friendly. Even though I read many reviews saying that it's a definitely a party hostel, I didn't really feel like it is. It was quiet at night. I think it's a good place to stay but maybe not for people expecting a bit more luxury since the facilities are quite old and I shared my bed with some ants ;) Lockers would definitely be a good thing in the room though.

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to inform your that we are constantly upgrading and it is feedback like yours that facilitate our need to do so. More rooms are being fitted with airconditioning . as for lockers in rooms, there are a few reason we have chosen to provide Safety Deposit facilities at Reception which is armed with surveillance alarms after closing. One being space constraint and the other, the constant need for repair of broken locks. As impressed on your check-in, we are more than happy to help you access your valuable left with us as often as you like and at no cost. We hope to have the pleasure to look after you when you next visit our lovely Cairns, Kind regards, Annie (Owner-manager)