Asylum Sydney Reviews

201-203 Brougham St, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Everything you could ask for the price.

• 20th Aug 2014

Felt right at home, the staff were nothing but friendly and helpful. Everyone there seemed to be loving their stay, as did I! Will be recommending to others

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Wales

It could have been slightly cleaner but the staff are great and it's in a really good location near all the top sights.

Welcome to the Asylum!! When you book, you are warned... take it seriously! I was looking for a hostel where i would meet lots of cool people, go out and party and general have a mental time. I could not have wished for a better place. I've met people and read reviews who complained that the place is dingy, or that the carpets were threadbare... they obviously came to the wrong place. This is an all night drinks and parties kinda hostel. I loved my stay, would go back in a heartbeat

• 11th Aug 2014

It was the most amazing stay in hostel of my life. AWESOME !

• 21st Jul 2014

Best Hostel ive been to in terms of socially, the time I spent there was full of laughs and made plenty of new friends... Good Atmosphere, Good Vibes, Great location ontop of Kings Cross train station, so easy access to rest of Sydney.

• 4th Jul 2014

Generally, my friend and I felt happy with the service at the Hostel. The staff is friendly and the location is convenient.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • East Timor

Worst hostel I've ever been. Very dirty place, rude staff. It's not worth the money.

• 11th Jun 2014

I would definitely reccommend this hostel if you are looking for a comfortable hostel at a good price! It is a great hostel for meeting people if you are travelling alone, especially if you are planning to stay in Sydney for a while. The location is also very central making it easy to see everything in Sydney. Overall, a great place to stay!

Great staff. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended!

• 19th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Being allergic to dust the rooms could do with a deep clean - my allergies was absolutely roaring there. Otherwise really good!!

One of the best hostels I stayed at in Australia.. Staff where really good and willing to help with any questions I had

• 13th May 2014

Not the cleanest of places but it passes - mostly due to the food allowance in the rooms. It's a long term hostel, most people know each other from the months they've been there. Nice people though, staff are very welcoming. Easy going atmosphere. Pay for wifi.

Toilets very clean, my room filthy, maybe never ever cleaned

• 11th May 2014

cheap backpacker hostel but room a bit small and dirty. not too bad, but only for a short stay. location is quiet, but the neighbourhood is kind of homeless neighbourhood even if it's not dangerous. central city is just 15 min walk.

Staff were friendly and welcoming. Well located. Mattresses were quite thin, and not a lot of storage in the rooms, but over all great feel.

There's a dog staying in the hostel....

Nixe stay, very nice staff. Toilets are very clean, the showers not.

• 6th May 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights. It's basic. All you need is there. The location is good¢ral. Good value for money. The staff was helpful and very friendly and they have a cool dog! ;) It is not the most social hostel I ever stayed in, but I can't say anything bad about the place.

• 1st May 2014

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. If you are even a semi experienced back packer / traveller, then you will love this place. No, the carpets aren't the cleanest in Sydney, and some of the rooms don't smell the freshest, but if that's what you want, book into a hotel. This place can offer you amazing friendly staff, close friendships with other guests, lots of involvement and inclusion, and as long as you don't take the biscuit, anything goes. I love Asylum!!