8.5
Fabulous 1,014 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1,014 Total Reviews
Asylum Sydney Located at 201-203 Brougham St, Kings Cross, Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2011 201-203 Brougham St, Kings Cross
85% 1014
-33.8745844 151.2212491
    Rooms available

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2016
7.4

This place might not look great from first view, but once you starting to know the staff and people staying here you will love the place!

• USA, Male, 18-24
4th Sep 2016
6.0

Stayed here for 2 days in August. The atmosphere at this place was pretty solid. Good group of people who enjoyed having a good time. Location is OK. Pretty easy to walk to some major Sydney attractions. The room I had was pretty gross. It did not look like it had been cleaned for weeks (found an old pizza box/clothes/garbage/tonails/etc. underneath my bed my last morning). My last night there I got home pretty late and turned on the light to find a cockroach on my bed.

23rd Aug 2016

If you like to party, this is the place for you. The people here are great and it's very easy to meet other travelers. I had a great time at this place and would most definitely stay again.

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Aug 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at Asylum and ended up staying there for over 4 weeks after initially only booking for 4 days. I checked into the female dorm and was pleasantly surprised at how big the room was with its own bathroom and balcony. There is a large outdoor area everyone socialises together at with a bbq area that is free to use and the staff are all lovely - Rhys and Heini in particular are both great guys and an asset to Asylum- very friendly and make everyone like part of the hostel.

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2016

I had such a good time at this hostel. There are a lot of people that stay here more long term and plan parties and always have fun things going on. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. While it wasn't spotless, it was pretty clean as far as hostels go and staff would clean the rooms every day. I definitely enjoyed my stay here and met people that I will always remember (lookin' at you Sev, Emma, and Caroline :) I only stayed a week and wish I had more time, this hostel was great.

• USA, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2016
7.1

Absolutely marvelous location. Not recommended for travelers who don't love to party.

• Singapore, Male, 18-24
4th Aug 2016

Had a great time here at Asylum a even though I was only there for a short period of time, everyone I met was so friendly and very open. Location was the best - bustling street and rail station nearby. Toilets were clean, bed was comfortable, rooms were what you pay for: very university dorm-like, and the mess is that of the residents rather than the hostel's so no worries. Was welcomed at the front desk by Rhys, what a lad, and honestly I'd definitely come back next time I'm in Sydney! Cheers!

• Brazil, Male, 31-40
3rd Aug 2016

I planned to stay in this hostel for one week only, but extended my stay for almost 3 weeks. The hostel is just 15 walking minutes to the city centre and has markets, restaurants and bars in a short range. It has a good kitchen, a very confortable common area (outdoors), TV room, loundry/dryer machines, several bathrooms, among others... You can really feel at home and take advantage of its conveniences. Staff is quite attentive and always try to help you. I strongly recommend it.

• kaleigh_miles
  • England, Couple, 18-24
20th Jul 2016

Booked a 6 bed dorm and got upgraded to a private double room, staff really friendly and helpful. Could do with an all round touch up but feels very homely. Gets cleaned a few times a day. Can get busy in common areas and the kitchen as they are only small. Overall a great stay 😊

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

Great hostel! Booked for 1 week but decided to make it my home for a while. Really friendly staff and good fun people who are easy to get along with living here. Nice and clean with a great well equipt kitchen area! Would recommend Asylum to friends! :)