Asylum Sydney Reviews

201-203 Brougham St, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Very pleasant staff and great location for getting about although kings cross does have a reputation, if you're not bothered about being in a posh area it's perfect. Facilities are a bit out dated but it's a hostel not a hotel and that's fine and exactly why us backpackers don't pay hotel prices! Highly recommended just for a place to crash your head if that's all you're after.

• 12th Sep 2014

Great location close to Kings Cross and walking distance to major Sydney attractions. Conveniently located near bus stops and train station. Carpet is old and worn out and no heating in my single room but it's a spacious room with own sink which is convenient. Bed is comfortable and great view of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House from bedroom window. Very friendly staff and guests, so it's very easy to make friends. It's an old mansion turned hostel so feel more like a home than hostel.

I loved my stay here, every employee was cool and helpful. They def will tell you about cheap pub eats and how to get to places. I would very much recommend this Hostel to my friends.

the hostel got a really good location: 10mins walking from central Sydney, 10mins walking from the Bay. Its really clean and there is more than enough bathroom. The staff is always friendly welcoming and helpful. And the price is really fair compare to the other hostel I've been to. Honestly it's the best hostel I never found in Sydney and around

• 22nd Aug 2014

Everything you could ask for the price.

• 20th Aug 2014

Felt right at home, the staff were nothing but friendly and helpful. Everyone there seemed to be loving their stay, as did I! Will be recommending to others

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Wales

It could have been slightly cleaner but the staff are great and it's in a really good location near all the top sights.

This is a great place to stay! (Especially if you're a young traveler) it will exceed your expectations trust me!. , I originally booked 2 nights and now im intending to stay for much longer!. Great value for money. Staff are super friendly everyone here treats you like family.We also have beautiful pet dog named bella. The hostel itself is really funky, wicked graffiti art spread throughout the walls. Each room has its own unique vibe to it

Nice grafitti style, homemade stuffs. liked it!

Welcome to the Asylum!! When you book, you are warned... take it seriously! I was looking for a hostel where i would meet lots of cool people, go out and party and general have a mental time. I could not have wished for a better place. I've met people and read reviews who complained that the place is dingy, or that the carpets were threadbare... they obviously came to the wrong place. This is an all night drinks and parties kinda hostel. I loved my stay, would go back in a heartbeat

• 11th Aug 2014

It was the most amazing stay in hostel of my life. AWESOME !

• 21st Jul 2014

Best Hostel ive been to in terms of socially, the time I spent there was full of laughs and made plenty of new friends... Good Atmosphere, Good Vibes, Great location ontop of Kings Cross train station, so easy access to rest of Sydney.

• 4th Jul 2014

Generally, my friend and I felt happy with the service at the Hostel. The staff is friendly and the location is convenient.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • East Timor

Worst hostel I've ever been. Very dirty place, rude staff. It's not worth the money.

• 11th Jun 2014

I would definitely reccommend this hostel if you are looking for a comfortable hostel at a good price! It is a great hostel for meeting people if you are travelling alone, especially if you are planning to stay in Sydney for a while. The location is also very central making it easy to see everything in Sydney. Overall, a great place to stay!

Great staff. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended!

• 19th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Being allergic to dust the rooms could do with a deep clean - my allergies was absolutely roaring there. Otherwise really good!!

One of the best hostels I stayed at in Australia.. Staff where really good and willing to help with any questions I had

• 13th May 2014

Not the cleanest of places but it passes - mostly due to the food allowance in the rooms. It's a long term hostel, most people know each other from the months they've been there. Nice people though, staff are very welcoming. Easy going atmosphere. Pay for wifi.

Toilets very clean, my room filthy, maybe never ever cleaned

• 11th May 2014