7.9
Very Good 952 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 952 Total Reviews
Asylum Sydney Located at 201-203 Brougham St, Kings Cross, Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2011 201-203 Brougham St, Kings Cross
79% 952
-33.8745844 151.2212491
    Rooms available

• British Indian Ocean Territory, Female, 25-30
13th Apr 2016

This hostel was hands down the best we have stayed at. I don't think it it possible to have a better view of Sydney than from our dorm room. The people are so nice and friendly, it's like getting guaranteed friends with your room. And the facilities are perfect... Great kitchen, outdoor bbq, loads of toilets and everything is cleaned daily so it's really clean. We booked two nights but ended up staying over a week. Best location, people and view. Will definitely be back.

• England, Male, 41+
24th Mar 2016
4.6

Staff are unbelievably friendly and helpful however there were 4 dead cockroaches in the room which is revolting and no lockers in rooms.

Thanks for staying with us, If there are dead cockroaches in the room this means our pest control is working, the rooms are cleaned everyday and as explained there is locker facilities in our reception for any imporant property. Thanks again Team Asylum.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
24th Mar 2016
5.1

I told staff that I was checking in really late due to airplane problems. Even though I emailed as soon as I knew and was emailed back saying they understood and will be there late, he was still not there to check me in. Someone else had to call him in. Nobody was there when I was checking out either. A fellow patron gave me my key deposit "back." A member of the cleaning staff had had to use his own money to give someone else their deposit back.

Even though I was not on the recption for your check in I was here for you within one minute. We have a 08:00 reception opening hours and a policy of checking you out the night before. this is noted on the recption door. I trust you enjoyed the quiet of the deluxe room and the million dollar views. Thanks and all the best Team Asylum

• England, Female, 25-30
23rd Mar 2016

A big thank you to all at Asylum Backpackers. Anthony who runs it was very accommodating, very helpful and let me have a late check out as my flight wasn't until the evening. Gemma who checked me and Shirly who checked me out were both lovely. Welcomed with a big smile- introduced to everyone who lives there and a tour of the place. They have lots of events on for nights out and free entries into the clubs which is great. Will definitely be back. Very easy to find and a great atmosphere.

Thanks for the good comments, It makes the hard work all worthwhile, Best of travel adventures to you Team Asylum.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
19th Mar 2016

absolutely awesome, I am still here and have extended my stay twice. awesome vibe atmosphere and the staff are really good fun and easy to get along with. recommend it to anyone that's looking for a hostel full of energy and a really good experience on your travels. if you stay anywhere else you will not get the most out of your travels (trust). I would defiantly say this place will see me again in the near future. would not stay anywhere else in Sydney.

Thanks for the great (and true for a change) comments glad to have you staying in the Asylum Team Sydney

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2016

My home away from home :) The vibe in this hostel is one of a big crazy family. There is always someone there to watch a movie with or play a game of chess and every Friday there is a communal BBQ where everyone gets merry and has a good time. I would recommend this hostel to anyone coming to Australia wanting to find a place that feels like home and meet some amazing people. BOOK IT.

• England, Male, 25-30
5th Mar 2016

Great little find slap bang in the middle of the Cross. This hostel is a medium sized hostel with a great location with easy access to the city and the eastern suburbs. The atmosphere in the hostel is great everyone there is friendly, open minded and great fun. The staff are passionate and attentive are made me feel so welcome. As a solo traveller this is a great hostel as it's very easy to meet people in the common room or the backyard.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
20th Feb 2016

Do yourself a favour and book yourself into this hostel! Especially if you're planning to stay longer because you will feel like part of a big family. But don't be afraid to come here for a short-term visit because that was my original plan and I was warmly welcomed by the hostel manager Anthony (all of the staff are lovely), got a little tour of the whole place, was invited to chill with everyone in the backyard by my new roommate and met half of the hostel in only my first few hours here.

• Finland, Female, 18-24
19th Feb 2016
7.7

Friendliest staff I have ever come across! Quite a dirty place though. Overall I did enjoy my stay.

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
19th Feb 2016
3.1

My stay was absolutely awful. I thought that it was a good hostel based on the reviews but I was wrong. The rooms are so filthy. The entire hostel is old and not well kept. People there are loud and most seems to be there for a long time(even though I don't understand why). Some are so rude and has no respect towards other people. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I'd rather sleep on the streets.